Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

you are right that a project may attract a certain type of tenants to rent but these tenants may not be interested to buy the units. but you left out a group of buyers who are keen to buy a property for rental income, with a guaranteed supply of that category of tenants.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    No absolute certain way to conclude which is a better investment. A flat in the west may attract tenants from the universities, but they may not want to buy them, so there may not be a demand for people to own the unit when you want to sell it. A flat in the east may not attract high rental, but may appear more attractive to own than one in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    you are right that a project may attract a certain type of tenants to rent but these tenants may not be interested to buy the units. but you left out a group of buyers who are keen to buy a property for rental income, with a guaranteed supply of that category of tenants.
    True. But then there will also be a group of buyers keen to buy a property for potential capital appreciation even if that property does not have a high rental yield. Again, due to combination of different factors and hard to say for sure which is better. There are buyers for sure because the demand has pushed the prices up so much that they are at a historical high. Question is whether the interest is sustainable for both types of properties. Another factor is the holding power of the owners in these places. Someone actually paid cash for a unit at the estate that I bought a unit from so that throws the question of affordability out of the window. There are these people with spare cash snapping up properties without any need to obtain rental income so the prices hardly fluctuated during the economy downturn.

IF our holding powers weaken, it is also a sign that our govt is not capable in helping to sustain the economy. In that scenario, everyone is affected, whether you own a property with good or poor yield or if you have no property to begin with. Can SG afford to come to that state? That also means alot are at stake - the businesses at Marina Sands, the hotels, airline...etc. All will be affected.

True. But then there will also be a group of buyers keen to buy a property for potential capital appreciation even if that property does not have a high rental yield. Again, due to combination of different factors and hard to say for sure which is better. There are buyers for sure because the demand has pushed the prices up so much that they are at a historical high. Question is whether the interest is sustainable for both types of properties. Another factor is the holding power of the owners in these places. Someone actually paid cash for a unit at the estate that I bought a unit from so that throws the question of affordability out of the window. There are these people with spare cash snapping up properties without any need to obtain rental income so the prices hardly fluctuated during the economy downturn.

IF our holding powers weaken, it is also a sign that our govt is not capable in helping to sustain the economy. In that scenario, everyone is affected, whether you own a property with good or poor yield or if you have no property to begin with. Can SG afford to come to that state? That also means alot are at stake - the businesses at Marina Sands, the hotels, airline...etc. All will be affected.
    wow total analyse....

downturn all drop pants la

i look for rental yield properties coz i am still very young, next year being my year. I am collecting properties now so that i can rent them all out and enjoy a comfortable retirement twenty years later. i choose to park my money in properties to collect rental, like some who choose to park their money in stocks and shares. most people do not plonk all their money into one property unless that is the only property they will ever buy. It is best just to come out with 30%, and let the property work to pay the rest if we are talking about 2nd, 3rd or 4th property.

just make sure got enough in the bank to cover top ups and pay 10 years of mortgage won't drop pants lah

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wow total analyse....

downturn all drop pants la

i look for rental yield properties coz i am still very young, next year being my year. I am collecting properties now so that i can rent them all out and enjoy a comfortable retirement twenty years later. i choose to park my money in properties to collect rental, like some who choose to park their money in stocks and shares. most people do not plonk all their money into one property unless that is the only property they will ever buy. It is best just to come out with 30%, and let the property work to pay the rest if we are talking about 2nd, 3rd or 4th property.
    if u r still yng, y not buy into FH in gd areas and wait for enbloc windfall?

99LH more for speculation...no?

99yr LH generally good for rental. it is obviously easier to rent out 99yr The Jade, Regent Heights, Guilin View and Madeira compared to say FH montrosa, hillview heights, hilltop grove etc along hillview. Speculation in OCR/RCR not as much as CCR.

99yr LH generally good for rental. it is obviously easier to rent out 99yr The Jade, Regent Heights, Guilin View and Madeira compared to say FH montrosa, hillview heights, hilltop grove etc along hillview. Speculation in OCR/RCR not as much as CCR.
    but i really doubt u will hold ur RH for long term....lease r running...

i only keep those FH

i am also looking for freehold good buys, not just LH. I offered 980k to buy a unit at Greenlodge last year during the downturn (before enbloc announcement) but the owners there were all greedy with their en bloc dream. today all asking $1.4 mil. i am not sure if any developer would bite.

rent out for a few years, wait for lanai, hillvista, park natura and the whole slew of jurong and lakeside condos to push property prices in the region to the hilt and it will be time for me to let go of my unit with tenancy. i think a 3 bedroom RH at $9xxk will seem cheap in the near future. I have checked the record price for a 90sm 4 bedroom HDB at bukit batok central is already 560k and 5 room flats and 25year old EAs there are already asking for more than 600k.

but i really doubt u will hold ur RH for long term....lease r running...

i only keep those FH

rent out for a few years, wait for lanai, hillvista, park natura and the whole slew of jurong and lakeside condos to push property prices in the region to the hilt and it will be time for me to let go of my unit with tenancy. i think a 3 bedroom RH at $9xxk will seem cheap in the near future. I have checked the record price for a 90sm 4 bedroom HDB at bukit batok central is already 560k and 5 room flats and 25year old EAs there are already asking for more than 600k.
    Totally right about HDBs. It is so ridiculous to buy a resale HDB flat nowadays. The space for a 99-year lease condo includes the surrounding areas, carpark, swimming pool up to the fence, whereas the space for the the HDB block is just that block itself (carpark is another block!).

The problem is these days the property is expensive because of different types of reasons and it does not seem like people mind whether it is lease or freehold as much as in the past. Reflections @ Keppel Bay is 99-year leasehold but commands such a premium because of the design and desirability of that waterfront living condition. There are reasons why some properties are so much more expensive than others although they all seem to be around the same area. Could be the difference in amenities, build quality, reputation of developer, plot ratio, or even a road name (badge factor).

Another factor to consider is local demand for properties around the $800k to $1.1mil range. I believe this is typically sought after by either young families or 30s single professionals who are unable to apply for a new flat. The ECs and DBSS seem to be very popular so that probably means they attracted the sandwich class which is quite possibly referring to the groups I mentioned as well.

i think these days people look for lifestyle more than tenure. Some people buy a $1 mil FH 3 bedder apartment in D15 with just a tiny pool and no other facilities to contend with and their only motivation is telling people they live in D15. The other practical lot of people will buy a 99yr LH full condo in HDB areas whereby they get to enjoy all the full facilities that the condo has to offer. They know that they will never outlive the lease so it makes no difference to them anyway.

Totally right about HDBs. It is so ridiculous to buy a resale HDB flat nowadays. The space for a 99-year lease condo includes the surrounding areas, carpark, swimming pool up to the fence, whereas the space for the the HDB block is just that block itself (carpark is another block!).

The problem is these days the property is expensive because of different types of reasons and it does not seem like people mind whether it is lease or freehold as much as in the past. Reflections @ Keppel Bay is 99-year leasehold but commands such a premium because of the design and desirability of that waterfront living condition. There are reasons why some properties are so much more expensive than others although they all seem to be around the same area. Could be the difference in amenities, build quality, reputation of developer, plot ratio, or even a road name (badge factor).

Another factor to consider is local demand for properties around the $800k to $1.1mil range. I believe this is typically sought after by either young families or 30s single professionals who are unable to apply for a new flat. The ECs and DBSS seem to be very popular so that probably means they attracted the sandwich class which is quite possibly referring to the groups I mentioned as well.

Reflections commands a premium from its neighbors bcos URA specially permits it to surpass its plot ratio and height restriction to build high ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Reflections commands a premium from its neighbors bcos URA specially permits it to surpass its plot ratio and height restriction to build high ~
    Like that, no enbloc potential?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Like that, no enbloc potential?
    if u chk the enbloced list.....mostly small-med sized projects

The quantum of such can be swallowed easily. Too big ones can choke the smaller developer.
    if u chk the enbloced list.....mostly small-med sized projects

just make sure got enough in the bank to cover top ups and pay 10 years of mortgage won't drop pants lah
    from what i gathered here,it seems like those having higher leverage or holding few properties,might get call up by bank to do a top up rather then those only 1 property for own stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    from what i gathered here,it seems like those having higher leverage or holding few properties,might get call up by bank to do a top up rather then those only 1 property for own stay.
    not really....

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Yes that long piece of land beside Aristo is also owned by Far East. Let's see how much will they be launching ? Bearing in mind that the land has limited or no sea views altogether compared to The Aristo

I can bet Far East will launch a condo there above $1,300 psf.

As i mentioned earlier, all those hooligans who made nasty and foolish remarks here have now realised how much The Cape was sold in the past 3 weeks. Almost $2000 psf...I bet they have nothing to tell me now and nothing much to condemn about The Aristo.

Especially that dumb ass ENG....

Aristo buyers who bought at 1,100 - 1,250 psf are pretty safe now.

What a biased drawing of the blue and green line. You telling me a human vision is not flexible.

What about the view between the blue and green line? Isn't that the sea views? And stack 2 and 3 are able to see that from their master bedrooms and toilets. While stack 1 can only pray for a limited sea view in front if there is any. And provided your pasting of Silversea drawing is accurate by any measure.

And the distance between Aristo and Seaview point is definitely much further away compared to distance between Aristo and SilverSea in front. Its so obvious. Let's see if Far East is kind enough to leave a big gap in between Aristo and SilverSea.

You are seriously inexperienced.
    By now ProperT should be able to see how close Silversea building is to Aristo. Compared to Aristo with Seaview Point :>

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    a lot of such prices are ONE OFF transaction to some ignorant foreigners... seriously any subsequent transaction with the same PSF ?
    or even close to that psf ? no .. it is becos market drop ? or what ?

PH with open terraces (non enclosed space) are calculated differently .. it averages out the psf of the whole unit ..and hence its lower .. NOT A DISCOUNT

IF Alto sets the benchmark, then every PH on Meyer will be commanding 3000 psf .. there are still many units on Seafront, big units with big balcony, with IR and seaview .. ..not even close to 2300 psf ... go check it out ..
    Another penthouse at The Aalto just transacted in February at above $2400psf...so is the buyer another ignorant foreigner??

Wat happen to Amber/Meyer area since the last time this forum was active???? Has the psf price dropped yet? Fools

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I feel 1200 is too much still. Because it is a super small site and we know rental sucks at east coast. More for own stay. Then again, if for own stay, I wouldn't want such a small site.

quote=DC33_2008]Not more than $1200 given limited amenities and layout.
    [/QUOTE]

Do u think Aristo is worth more than $1200psf by now??? Hahaha fools

u r the greatest fool!

luckily i give this project a miss when developer slash down the prices to 11xxpsf during crisis.....now only appreciated merely 200psf(less den 20%!!!) so many other goodie buy den this project!

even newton edge performed better!! launch at ard 12xxpsf....now 17xxpsf....

ur aristo suxxx

Hi guys, do you think the Aristo's seaview will be blocked by the Silversea?
    it looks like it on streetdirectory.com

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    cfm blocked.....1 stack at most got very pathetic partial seaview by looking above the swimming club....dun forget the glaring lightings at the swimming club

I don't know. If no one is looking into Aristo for the next 6 months, then prices will continue to slide. Because the plot size, layout, facilities etc all not too ideal (very kind here). Don't forget, it was launched > 1500 psf and many are transacted > 1.7k psf. So far, Aristo is under performing so I can assume it will under perform for the years to come. If a property is good, people will know, people will buy. Doesn't look like this case for Aristo. Just look at URA data since their 2008 launch.

I mean, if you have bought Esta or One Amber or even Silversea in 2008 not so peak, prices have already recover by now + 20% gain at least. But if you have bought Aristo in 2008, it is just too bad. You are still at 30% discount level for others.

Another scenario - if you have bought ANY OTHER CONDO (most lah, some still suck like aristo), those would have out perform Aristo any time. You can name it - Icon, citylights, southbank, sail, mbr or even centris.

Also, we know East coast. If you are below 10th floor, you look at trees. You have to be above 15th floor to have a decent seaview. And Aristo is how high?

If we talk about layout of a 2 bedders, you fit a queen size bed in the MASTERROOM and you have no space to walk. I mean it literally. You can't fit a bed + your leg. I wonder how you shift the bed in or change bedsheet. Hahaha. Also, the 2nd room cannot fit a queen sized bed. The rooms are designed to be bedsheet free?

Not forgetting, 30% of the space go to the huge useless planter, balcony and BW.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I don't know. If no one is looking into Aristo for the next 6 months, then prices will continue to slide. Because the plot size, layout, facilities etc all not too ideal (very kind here). Don't forget, it was launched > 1500 psf and many are transacted > 1.7k psf. So far, Aristo is under performing so I can assume it will under perform for the years to come. If a property is good, people will know, people will buy. Doesn't look like this case for Aristo. Just look at URA data since their 2008 launch.

I mean, if you have bought Esta or One Amber or even Silversea in 2008 not so peak, prices have already recover by now + 20% gain at least. But if you have bought Aristo in 2008, it is just too bad. You are still at 30% discount level for others.

Another scenario - if you have bought ANY OTHER CONDO (most lah, some still suck like aristo), those would have out perform Aristo any time. You can name it - Icon, citylights, southbank, sail, mbr or even centris.

Also, we know East coast. If you are below 10th floor, you look at trees. You have to be above 15th floor to have a decent seaview. And Aristo is how high?

If we talk about layout of a 2 bedders, you fit a queen size bed in the MASTERROOM and you have no space to walk. I mean it literally. You can't fit a bed + your leg. I wonder how you shift the bed in or change bedsheet. Hahaha. Also, the 2nd room cannot fit a queen sized bed. The rooms are designed to be bedsheet free?

Not forgetting, 30% of the space go to the huge useless planter, balcony and BW.
    So what do u think is a reasonable price to buy a subsale in Aristo? taking into account the aurrounding condos.

You should try to arrange for a viewing at Cote D'Azure. Go up 10th floor, and see if you like that kind of view. Basically, you have a half-blocked (by silversea) trees view, with tiny blue line view at best (so called seaview).

Saw this post of yours 3 years back. Aristo has 1 more year to appreciate 80%. You think it is possible? Meaning if I buy now, I will beat the 16% SSD hands down

This condo will appreciate to $2,000 psf by 2012. Especially those with sea views.

The penthouse has sizeable infinity glass private pool overlooking the Sea. No where else can you find such concept in the east coast, not even Aalto. It is a 3 storey penthouse on 17 to 19 floor. Almost unobstructed view of sea and city.

Compare this to Aalto, SilverSea , Seaview etc.

To top it all, Aristo will also have a grand entrance equivalent to Raffles Hotel. And a 24 metres pool on 14th floor with sea views together with Jacuzzi, decent size gym and children's playground.

And its exclusive with only 55 units.

So what do u think is a reasonable price to buy a subsale in Aristo? taking into account the aurrounding condos.
    duno fishing ad or wat...can consider this one if u really keen....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ale-the-aristo

basically pls forget about the seaview facing units....i rather u pay lower quantum and face the opposite side which cud be quieter as well....

the worse scenerio will be barring the ECP noise without sea view....