Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parc Sophia D9 Freehold

FYI, Holt rd and the RV side of Nathan rd are just next to Jervois rd (One Jevois end). So if u want to slam Jervois area for being next to D3, at least include also Nathan and Holt. Especially Holt Rd, which entrance is directly opposite One Jervois.

I agree that Sky@Eleven is nowhere near Novena. Novena refers to the area around Novena church, Novena Sq, United Square and Moulmein Rd. That area is proper D11, together with the Dunearn Road elite school stretch. But those locations at Balestier and Toa Payoh at the D11 fringe should not be considered for investment IF priced like mainstream D11 prices. It is ridiculous that a D11 property at Balestier should be priced similar to another D11 property at Shelford Road or Trevose Crescent.

Similarly for D10, those at Ghim Moh and Clementi really should not be considered at all IF priced like for eg mainstream D10 Holland Bukit Timah. It is obvious developers just want to chop carrot head by advertising the district code big big when the real location is not very prime at all.

When buying D10 and D11, just remember these are both big land area districts that encompass wildly diverse locations, some more prime, some less. But generally easy to distinguish which location is good or bad.

As size of D9 is considerably smaller than either D10 and D11, it is harder to determine which areas are more/less prime. For eg, D9 Rivergate's location at first glance may be less than ideal as it is next to Havelock rd and Outram rd. But then again, just up River Valley Close is Urbana, opposite that is One Devonshire, just a little further is the Metz, all within a two to three minute walk between them. So is Rivergate good or lousy location? It is all relative I guess! Average if it is compared to others in D9 but good if it is compared to rest of core central region.

Conclusion is this location thingy is quite subjective when it comes to D9.

However for Emily-Sophia region, it is very clear that the Istana is the huge land mass that separates it from main D9 and Orchard, hence putting it closer to D8 in real location terms. Lousy in relation to D9,10,11 as well as in relation to CCR. How about in relation to RCR? Would majority of people prefer to stay in say, Alexandra Rd than Mount Emily?

It is like how the culture and people in Western China are more Central Asian or Persian than East Asian mainly because of the big desert mass that separates them, and Japanese and Korean culture and people are actually similar to Chinese despite being in different national borders. I am talking about real people, not those plastic tv/movie stars.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    your point about it being closer to little india than to orchard ... and hence it should reflect a price closer to selegie's than to orchard ..

i kind of agree and like to agree to that ...

which is why i have been arguing with a friend ..who keeps recommending me One Jervios / Domain 21 ...saying cheap ...

yes compared to Holt / Nathan / RV it looks like good value ..

but isnt it end of river valley ... beginning of Delta/ Alexandra ? nearest MRT is Tiong Bahru ...

so it should be dist 3 price .. not dist 9/10

but your know agent will tell you differrently lah ...

on the same note .. novena is a NO NO to me .. dist 11 ? Sky@11 is toa payoh or Thomson ?? hahah

Quote Originally Posted by nusnam

Yes i agree that it's far from Orchard but then it's much nearer to City Hall and Shenton Way, so it's not as bad as you've stated. And also, foreign students from indo/thai studying at NAFA, SOTA etc might be looking for rental in that area.

renting to students is never ideal, they are not going to take care of your place, especially some nationalities ~

I heard that Parc Sophia is 100% sold liao...
    Was in the area yesterday. Saw piles at the place where the showroom was located... so piling work has began.
    On the sign board at the site the expected completion date is put as end 2010 but in the brochure the latest completion date is 2013
    Any idea about the actual completion date? 2011? 2012?

Also from some agent's website:

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    How about Tanjong Rhu? it's just opposite marina bay, and it's more family oriented than the Sail or Icon.
    Any comment on Tanjong Rhu? What's the reasonable price to buy those 99LH projects there?
    I consider marina square to be directly opposite. I have never been interested in Tanjong Rhu, as I target DINKs when investing in property. I dont know enough about Tanjong Rhu to tell you what is a resonable price. It would also depend on the unit as they vary greatly (skyline view, express way noise pollution etc..), sorry. While it is ideally located and closer to CBD, there is not much to do within walking distance. That is why I would prefer Katong, I dont want to have to drive my kids everywhere once they are old enough to use public transport.

back to parc sophia.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Not sure about that. However, once we see the properties in that area transacted at highest prices in Singapore (at the moment the record is $5000 psf and above), then we will know that place is going to be or already the crown jewel of Singapore. For this matter, Marina Bay is still not there yet, have to wait (not sure how long though - not even sure if it can really reach there).

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    How about Tanjong Rhu? it's just opposite marina bay, and it's more family oriented than the Sail or Icon.
    Any comment on Tanjong Rhu? What's the reasonable price to buy those 99LH projects there?