Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 491419202122232425262728293439 ... LastLast

Thread: Beacon Heights D12 , 999 yr

No offense, but osm is still like a giant guardhse

Looking at recent launch of > 1k psf for sub-urb areas (Tennery)

It is still a steal to get BH at below 1k psf at central location.

Took a short cut through HDB flats, it is not that far to MRT.

But everyone had different definition of what is walkable distance.

Quote Originally Posted by jondy77
    Looking at recent launch of > 1k psf for sub-urb areas (Tennery)

It is still a steal to get BH at below 1k psf at central location.

Took a short cut through HDB flats, it is not that far to MRT.

But everyone had different definition of what is walkable distance.
    The magic key is => primary school and secondary school. But the most important part is the primary school.

This one got any primary near to it? Good?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    The magic key is => primary school and secondary school. But the most important part is the primary school.

Is st andrew's within 1 km of BH?

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Is st andrew's within 1 km of BH?
    Should be. The problem is that there is a big expressway in between. This should catch the bendemeer primary school crowd. St Andrew area, those at Leicester road area better.

wow so many things to consider

which is more impt ?

school? MRT ? mall ?

there are projects that have none of the 3 above

there are projects that only have SCHOOL (bkt timah )

there are projects that only have MRT (Parc imperial)

there are projects that only have malls ( Greenwich)

so how do buyers decide ?
    how do developers price their launches ?

this whole property thing is getting so 'no fundamental"

just becos Greenwich can sell at 1000-1500 psf with only a shopping mall,
    Parc Imperial can argue that with MRT , they can go anywhere with ease ..so it should be above 1500 psf

then bkt timah can argue that their schools aer more precious ...so 1800-2000 psf ..

yet we can find D9 2 yr old project, superb furnishing, location, near MRT, shopping .. school only 1700-1900 psf .. ?

Should be. The problem is that there is a big expressway in between. This should catch the bendemeer primary school crowd. St Andrew area, those at Leicester road area better.
    Yup - all becos of the expressway.

When I went there, same thoughts - next to one of the busiest expressways we have - if you stay low, shadowed by the expressway, stay high, the noise travels up

Proud owner, yes, so many things and not just price. Wife's opinion carry a lot more weight too. Parc imperial above 1700 psf done, record there. That should answer you. The rest can be neutralized by market dynamics. Stupid buyer, stupid seller, bad facing, bad condition, bad neighbors, bad traffic, bad smell, bad mcst, bad pool, bad car park, bad agent, bad idea, bad reasons, so many things bad. One good thing and the only good thing is got roof overhead. Another gd is make money though not guaranteed.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Got mah, which one? Can share share? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    wow so many things to consider

which is more impt ?

school? MRT ? mall ?

there are projects that have none of the 3 above

there are projects that only have SCHOOL (bkt timah )

there are projects that only have MRT (Parc imperial)

there are projects that only have malls ( Greenwich)

so how do buyers decide ?
    how do developers price their launches ?

this whole property thing is getting so 'no fundamental"

just becos Greenwich can sell at 1000-1500 psf with only a shopping mall,
    Parc Imperial can argue that with MRT , they can go anywhere with ease ..so it should be above 1500 psf

then bkt timah can argue that their schools aer more precious ...so 1800-2000 psf ..

yet we can find D9 2 yr old project, superb furnishing, location, near MRT, shopping .. school only 1700-1900 psf .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Got mah, which one? Can share share? Thank you!
    places like one oxley rise going for 1800psf and somemore 2+1, not MM

maybe for those with bigger sizes

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Care to share what condo is that? Interested in that D9 condo which is near ammenities like MRT

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    places like one oxley rise going for 1800psf and somemore 2+1, not MM

maybe for those with bigger sizes
    u mean one oxley rise? any better ones? coz this one pool so puny which explains the price but hor 2bedder calling 2kpsf leh....lol

will u pay 2kpsf for one oxley rise or 1kpsf at telok kurau?.....both puny pools...hehe
    Last edited by devilplate; 07-01-11 at 10:28.

cheap cannot be good. Either bad reasons somewhere or owner in a hurry to sell. Use valuation as a guide. Slightly below valuation price is sellers generousity. Above valuation is buyers generousity.

Agent blood suckers. Always ask for more commission or double headed. Beware.

Default BH

Seriously, I think this place is a good buy. Most of the 1+1 are sold out. I try going there on sunday, didnt feel that bad actually. Cant wait to move in

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u mean one oxley rise? any better ones? coz this one pool so puny which explains the price but hor 2bedder calling 2kpsf leh....lol

will u pay 2kpsf for one oxley rise or 1kpsf at telok kurau?.....both puny pools...hehe
    One oxley has much betr location wor...close to somerset and orchard central...
    But twice the amt of telok kurau with puny pool somemore...maybe 1500psf can consider loh

Ambergal, what price did you buy your unit in BH?

Default :P

Well, guess what? I have finally found the perfect unit and a serious seller. It can't be more timely. Every weekend, I will check out the place and find out it's progress. My biggest gripe is how everyone is saying that Beacon Heights is no where near MRT and so on. The good news is I have walked from the condo to Boon Keng MRT. For those who are familiar, you can cut across St George estate diagonally and cross that bridge to Towner Road where Boon Keng MRT resides. I also measured the distance between the condo and Boon Keng MRT. It is approximately 650 metres. I used the ruler provided by the Singapore Map booklet to measure. Not bad. 650 metres is about the distance between Toa Payoh MRT and Braddell MRT. That Sunday I went, there were many people running from Whampoe (opposite the expressway) to St Michael's Road. It feels very homely and safe. Plus the fact that it wasn't noisy even when I stood at Mar Thoma Road outside the Elysia condo. I am looking forward to TOP in July 2012 but I hope it will be earlier.

Ecim, which stack and how many bedr you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Ecim, which stack and how many bedr you bought?
    He sounds like doing marketing. Try to ask him or her to list down the negative aspects and it is none. Beauty in beholder. All perfect.

Default Prices will never return to early 80s

I bought a 1+1. I am not promoting. There is nothing to benefit from promoting because I will stay there for a long time. I just feel unjust by some naysayers and I have no idea what their intentions to speak ill are. I have no plans to sell it. Having lived at Whampoe/Bendemeer area for most part of my childhood, I am so glad to be living in a familiar neighbourhood again.

It is a relief that the government has introduced measures to cool the property market but it has no effect on genuine owners like me. Hopefully, prices will normalise in the near future so that everyone can live in their dream homes affordably.

My view on this whole property cycle saga: it will only go up. Take my parents as an example; they purchased a 3-room HDB flat for less than 70K in the early 80s; sold it in the 90s for 300K; purchased a private property for 500K in the 90s and it is now valued at 800K. It doesn't take a scientist to understand that such cycles are normal and prices will only go up over a number of years. With or without government/economic intervention, property prices will never drop to those prices in the 80s or 90s anymore.

Property is still the best place to park your money.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    I bought a 1+1. I am not promoting. There is nothing to benefit from promoting because I will stay there for a long time. I just feel unjust by some naysayers and I have no idea what their intentions to speak ill are. I have no plans to sell it. Having lived at Whampoe/Bendemeer area for most part of my childhood, I am so glad to be living in a familiar neighbourhood again.

It is a relief that the government has introduced measures to cool the property market but it has no effect on genuine owners like me. Hopefully, prices will normalise in the near future so that everyone can live in their dream homes affordably.

My view on this whole property cycle saga: it will only go up. Take my parents as an example; they purchased a 3-room HDB flat for less than 70K in the early 80s; sold it in the 90s for 300K; purchased a private property for 500K in the 90s and it is now valued at 800K. It doesn't take a scientist to understand that such cycles are normal and prices will only go up over a number of years. With or without government/economic intervention, property prices will never drop to those prices in the 80s or 90s anymore.

u are just quoting the beautiful part,when people making money.
    wad abt ppl bgt in 1997..? that yet to see daylights.
    like wad i have said,properties is good park to park your MILLIONS..
    Not parking the entire savings hopping to see profits or flip.

if u know how to catch the cycle, bgt in 2009 600k,and sell in 2010 dec at 850k. that is impressive,dont even need to hold for a decade incurring costs

Yes, I do envy these investors' acumen in spotting such trend but it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    u are just quoting the beautiful part,when people making money.
    wad abt ppl bgt in 1997..? that yet to see daylights.
    like wad i have said,properties is good park to park your MILLIONS..
    Not parking the entire savings hopping to see profits or flip.

if u know how to catch the cycle, bgt in 2009 600k,and sell in 2010 dec at 850k. that is impressive,dont even need to hold for a decade incurring costs

1+1 facing expressway, good luck with your buy

Don't worry.

1+1 facing expressway, good luck with your buy

Don't worry.
    i did mentioned BH is far deep...self stay... everywhr is ok as long u like it...luckily u din buy for rental purposes...

anw congrats wif ur purchase....every1 nids a roof

I used to think it was a good place to invest, but I have my reservations now. When prices peaked everywhere, bh still very stagnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i did mentioned BH is far deep...self stay... everywhr is ok as long u like it...luckily u din buy for rental purposes...

anw congrats wif ur purchase....every1 nids a roof

I used to think it was a good place to invest, but I have my reservations now. When prices peaked everywhere, bh still very stagnant.
    Not true. The seller bought it in 2008 and earned 10% when it was sold to me. Maybe the percentage increase was not as much as other districts. I like the location though.
    Last edited by ecimbew; 14-01-11 at 13:39.

did you get high floor and is it stack 8 or 7?

Not true. The seller bought it in 2008 and earned 10% when it was sold to me. Maybe the percentage increase was not as much as other districts. I like the location though.

Default How to walk to Boon Keng MRT?

I don't want to disclose my identity. Anyway, for all my BH neighbours this is the shortest route to Boon Keng MRT. (How to walk to Boon Keng MRT?)

did you get high floor and is it stack 8 or 7?

i think stack 3 and 4 are the best, but the units are elongated, just like the 1+1. If developer had done away with the balcony, the 1+1 can easily be made into a 2 bedder. I think in this aspect, Vetro seems to be a better deal as their 2 bedders are only slightly bigger than a 1+1 at beacon heights. The advantage BH has over vetro is that the former has full condo facilities and has a larger land area. In that area, i think only vetro, OSM and BH are commanding figures, other projects are a waste of time.

I don't want to disclose my identity. Anyway, for all my BH neighbours this is the shortest route to Boon Keng MRT. (How to walk to Boon Keng MRT?)