Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 491419242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1190

Thread: Beacon Heights D12 , 999 yr

Quote Originally Posted by snowman_belgium
    Thanks for your advice. By the way, the 3 condos that you quoted - all have not launched yet? Where is the Bendemeer condo you refer to?
    Not yet launched.

You can visit these links.

Bendemeer condo
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11105

Riviera 38
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=8893

Regent Residences
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11757
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Thanks mate. Very good information.

Let's hope and cross our fingers.
    Here's the southwest view from Potong Pasir.
    Climbed up one block to take this photo.

Compare my photo above with this photo below. Same angle but taken many years ago by another forumer.

Default The origins of Mar Thoma Road

History
    Extracted from http://www.marthomasg.net/about/history.html

The Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar, India, has had a relatively long presence in Singapore. The first Syrian Christians arrived in Singapore in 1912 and an organized church congregation first gathered in 1936. For ten years afterwards, worship services were conducted in the Armenian Church in Hill Street. In 1947, the Mar Thoma Syrian Community in Singapore decided to find a permanent place of worship. They bought a plot of land along a reserve road off St Michael's Road. The site was then completely undeveloped, without any access road and amidst rural surroundings. The construction of the church building on the site was completed in 1952. The Mar Thoma Syrian community worshipped here for close to 40 years.

As the community also placed great emphasis on education, they purchased a piece of land in 1954 in the same vicinity to start an English Secondary school for over-aged and under privileged students in Singapore. At that time, there was a pressing need for the establishment of schools in Singapore to cater to the educational needs of the local populace. With a view to help meet these needs, the community established a private school, the St Thomas Secondary School in 1955. With the establishment of a Mar Thoma Syrian Church and a Mar Thoma Church educational institution along the reserve road off St Michael's Road, the then Municipal Council appropriately named this reserve road as the "Mar Thoma Road". The school became a government aided school in 1972/73 and was relocated to larger premises in Telok Blangah in 1982.

In addition to being active in the education field, the Mar Thoma Syrian Church has been active in the Christian ministry in Singapore and is a founder member of the National Council of Churches in Singapore.

In June 1969, the then Metropolitan of the Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar, executed a trust deed which provided for the appointment of Trustees to hold the properties of the Church in Singapore. The Trustees were established under Singapore law as a body corporate known as the "Registered Trustees for Singapore, Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar, Diocese of Malaysia and Singapore" on 6th August 1969. On 7 December 1983, approval was obtained from the Metropolitan to establish the Mar Thoma Syrian Church in Singapore with its own constitution modeled on the parent constitution of the Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar. Permission was also granted by the Metropolitan to proceed with the incorporation of Trustees for the church in Singapore and for registration as a charity under the Charities Act, 198Z. The Mar Thoma Church in Singapore and the Mar Thoma Churches in Malaysia functioned and were administered as separate and independent entities with effect from ~ January 1984.

The Registered Trustees for the Mar Thoma Church in Singapore were established as a body corporate on 30th November 1984. On 15th April 1986, the Mar Thoma Syrian Church in Singapore was registered as a charity under the Charities Act, 1982.

In 1991 the church building and premises located at 25 Mar Thoma Road were compulsorily acquired to make way for road development (Central Expressway). The Mar Thoma Syrian community in Singapore then continued their worship at a chapel they built for the St Thomas Secondary School within the school's premises. The school however was closed at the end of 2000 and with the closure, the community was once again, without a place of worship.

With the completion of the new church building and premises at 29 Jalan Keli (off Upper Thomson Road), they hope to continue to play a meaningful and useful role in the society they live in whilst preserving their unique heritage and culture.

Another view before Beacon Heights is built

Photo shows St Michael Regency, City Regency and Cityview (DBSS) in construction
    Beacon Heights and Vetro had yet started constructing

Photo shows St Michael Regency, City Regency and Cityview (DBSS) in construction
    Beacon Heights and Vetro had yet started constructing

http://v10.nonxt4.c.bigcache.googlea...rect_counter=1
    The ever changing skyline of Singapore...

Default Archive related news in this district

Excerpt from the Straits Times, 1 Sep 2011

Higher property prices hae prompted the government to raise development charges.

The new charges, which take effect today, were far higher than the market had expected but reflect the surging values across residential and commercial real estate sectors over the past six months.

Development charges are applied when the value of a site is increased because of re-zoning, or when a taller building can be erected following a change in the plot ratio.

The average fee for landed hones rose 17 per cent, while that for non-landed residences gained 12 per cent - slightly higher an the 10.6 per cent jump during the last review in March. This is despite some recent tenders showing signs of cooling demand. The increased charges deter collective sales as developers will now have to fork out more to redevelop some of these sites.

Dr Chua Yang Liang, head of research at Jones LaSalle South-east Asia, said the increases were higher than expected and "although there is sufficient empirical evidence to support the increase, the inflationary pressure that is building up in certain sectors of the property market could be another reason."

He added: "The outflow of funds from the United States into Asia and localised policy shifts that drove investors into other non-residential sectors are probably reasons to warrant higher charges."

Side bar

Landed residential

Biggest rise is in 22 sectors including Kallang, Boon Keng, Bendemeer, Alexandra, Ganges, Tiong Bahru, Bukit Batok, Yishun and Sembawang areas

Non-landed residential

Biggest rise is Serangoon Road, Whampoa, Bendemeer Road areas

Excerpt from the Straits Times, 1 Sep 2011

Higher property prices hae prompted the government to raise development charges.

The new charges, which take effect today, were far higher than the market had expected but reflect the surging values across residential and commercial real estate sectors over the past six months.

Development charges are applied when the value of a site is increased because of re-zoning, or when a taller building can be erected following a change in the plot ratio.

The average fee for landed hones rose 17 per cent, while that for non-landed residences gained 12 per cent - slightly higher an the 10.6 per cent jump during the last review in March. This is despite some recent tenders showing signs of cooling demand. The increased charges deter collective sales as developers will now have to fork out more to redevelop some of these sites.

Dr Chua Yang Liang, head of research at Jones LaSalle South-east Asia, said the increases were higher than expected and "although there is sufficient empirical evidence to support the increase, the inflationary pressure that is building up in certain sectors of the property market could be another reason."

He added: "The outflow of funds from the United States into Asia and localised policy shifts that drove investors into other non-residential sectors are probably reasons to warrant higher charges."

Side bar

Landed residential

Biggest rise is in 22 sectors including Kallang, Boon Keng, Bendemeer, Alexandra, Ganges, Tiong Bahru, Bukit Batok, Yishun and Sembawang areas

Non-landed residential

Biggest rise is Serangoon Road, Whampoa, Bendemeer Road areas
    can advise on any implications. TQ

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp
    can advise on any implications. TQ
    Harder to enbloc for residents
    More $ to pay to govt for developers who want to buy enbloc land
    More expensive as a result to build
    It's still a profit driven industry
    Developers will sell new condo on enbloc land at higher prices
    Investors, up graders and first timers will have to pay more for a unit

It's a vicious cycle.

Harder to enbloc for residents
    More $ to pay to govt for developers who want to buy enbloc land
    More expensive as a result to build
    It's still a profit driven industry
    Developers will sell new condo on enbloc land at higher prices
    Investors, up graders and first timers will have to pay more for a unit

It's a vicious cycle.
    It will slow down enbloc, and developers have to buy GLS from government. So the $ goes into the government's pocket instead of owners'. There will also be less supply of FH and 999LH properties in future. Indirectly, it gives the developers with planned launches to increase their psf more confidently as down the road there will be less competitions.

In fact, our govt does not grant 999 LH or freehold land anymore. Developers will need to buy from existing owners.

I just received a letter from Law firm stating that TOP will be in Q1 2012 but may be earlier or later depending on progress of construction...

Quote Originally Posted by browser
    I just received a letter from Law firm stating that TOP will be in Q1 2012 but may be earlier or later depending on progress of construction...
    Great news. I haven't receive anything.
    My guess is after CNY in 1Q 2012

Great news. I haven't receive anything.
    My guess is after CNY in 1Q 2012
    Yeah if it is Q1, it has to be after CNY since CNY is early next year. 3rd week of Jan. Anyway even if the TOP is in 1st 2 weeks of Jan, it's impossible to get any renovation work done during that time. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Dec 2011 TOP.

Yeah if it is Q1, it has to be after CNY since CNY is early next year. 3rd week of Jan. Anyway even if the TOP is in 1st 2 weeks of Jan, it's impossible to get any renovation work done during that time. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Dec 2011 TOP.
    That's really good news! ))))))
    I just want to get my keys before April next year.

By the way, this Sengkang condo, Luxurie (http://www.h88.com.sg/article/The+Lu...ion+and+units/) is selling at $1000 psf after discount. All the blocks are 16 storeys and facing each other.

I am so glad we have purchased a unit in Beacon Heights. It is only one block with nothing blocking us now. Yes, the expressway is next to us but our building is at least 90 m away. Most importantly, it is near town! Orchard, Suntec, Bugis, Kallang, East Coast, Toa Payoh, etc... those places where I frequent are nearby.

Love Beacon Heights!

Can't understand y this devt selling price is just around $1k.
    for 999LH , nearer to city, etc....

Can't understand y this devt selling price is just around $1k.
    for 999LH , nearer to city, etc....
    check around the neighbouring prices and u will noe y

one st mic only 10xxpsf and they r much more accesible and walkable to mrt

over at potong pasir, those FH all nearer to MRT r transacting around 11xxpsf

so beacon heights of 10xxto 1100psf is about fair value for tat area....unless u r implying tat the whole area is undervalued?

Anyone has updated pictures? 2 weeks ago when i went, the pool (50m and play pool) seems almost complete and the club house/gym is 60-70% done. The car park is still very raw though.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

so beacon heights of 10xxto 1100psf is about fair value for tat area....unless u r implying tat the whole area is undervalued?
    can't comment cos vested. haha

Anyone has updated pictures? 2 weeks ago when i went, the pool (50m and play pool) seems almost complete and the club house/gym is 60-70% done. The car park is still very raw though.
    Ok I'll go check it out.

We shall see the pricing for future launches. As of now, I think the price is ok. Slightly below psf of nearby apartments like city regency and Vetro. And very much below those nearby estates like Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Potong Pasir, Serangoon, Farrer Park, Lavender, Balestier and Novena. So yes, BH is very affordable compared. But happy that it's not overly marked up by flippers. In fact, there's very few of them left. Those units that still selling are because their owners want to sell at exorbitant prices. Thats why theres no takers.

We shall see the pricing for future launches. As of now, I think the price is ok. Slightly below psf of nearby apartments like city regency and Vetro. And very much below those nearby estates like Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Potong Pasir, Serangoon, Farrer Park, Lavender, Balestier and Novena. So yes, BH is very affordable compared. But happy that it's not overly marked up by flippers. In fact, there's very few of them left. Those units that still selling are because they want to sell at exorbitant prices. Thats why theres no takers.
    lets see the px can go up further anot upon TOP

Serangoon road condition should improve once the underpass is ready.
    End of the year. By then, should see more interest in this area.

Serangoon road condition should improve once the underpass is ready.
    End of the year. By then, should see more interest in this area.
    come to tink abt it, osm is a gd buy if can find below 1.1kpsf

I think Regent Residences will be better.

lets see the px can go up further anot upon TOP
    If it goes up, I will get a feel good effect lah.
    But won't be selling also, cos need the place to stay.

If it goes up, I will get a feel good effect lah.
    But won't be selling also, cos need the place to stay.
    LOL! Sama sama

The gate to OSM is always closed, irritating.
    cos got to wait before the car driving into OSM can get out of the way
    thru st michael rd.