Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Beacon Heights D12 , 999 yr

not a bad buy considering airstream in st michael is launching at between 1100psf to 1200psf

Quote Originally Posted by XB
    bought the 2+1, very high floor #2x floor for slightly <800k.

Are you also a owner?

Not sure if it was a good buy. seeing current projects further away from city currently selling at >900-1000 psf, i'm comforted by the price i paid. at least for now.

seems like there is no other BH'ers here in this forum. so quiet from the other buyers.

but that airstream different league i think. all mickey mouse units, so psf tends to be higher. I got a feeling that Airstream will sell out as well.

if BH had launched in current times instead of late last yr, it would have been hotter. but also good lah, at least i manage to buy one at this comfortable price range.

if airstream sells out, good for all the new projects in st michael area and definitely good for you. i think BH has the best potential in that entire parcel of land

seems like there is no other BH'ers here in this forum. so quiet from the other buyers.

but that airstream different league i think. all mickey mouse units, so psf tends to be higher. I got a feeling that Airstream will sell out as well.

if BH had launched in current times instead of late last yr, it would have been hotter. but also good lah, at least i manage to buy one at this comfortable price range.

mickey house concepts sure very well received. my gut feel 100% sellout within 2 weeks if no drastic economic news. at 300-400k, alot of people can afford. downpayment 20% only 80k. Those who worked for 5-7 yrs would have this amt in their cpf easily. so what if bad news come along. even if drop another 20%, also only 80k.

anyone has any idea when this is launching? want to go kpkp abit.

Default TOP date

Anyone has any idea when BH wil TOP?

I quite like this developtment actually although i did not buy BH eventually....

should be end-2011 or early 2012.
    so what's your concerns that you didnt buy eventually?

was told preview is 5th august...

mickey house concepts sure very well received. my gut feel 100% sellout within 2 weeks if no drastic economic news. at 300-400k, alot of people can afford. downpayment 20% only 80k. Those who worked for 5-7 yrs would have this amt in their cpf easily. so what if bad news come along. even if drop another 20%, also only 80k.

anyone has any idea when this is launching? want to go kpkp abit.

should be end-2011 or early 2012.
    so what's your concerns that you didnt buy eventually?
    hi XB, i already bought another one in D15 before i viewed BH. But if i have enough money, i will invest in BH, i see a lot of potential given the current price.... be it sale or rent... alas, i don't have enough money

how r u going to buy a bh unit frm developer even if u had the money, i thk it is sold out by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer
    hi XB, i already bought another one in D15 before i viewed BH. But if i have enough money, i will invest in BH, i see a lot of potential given the current price.... be it sale or rent... alas, i don't have enough money

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    how r u going to buy a bh unit frm developer even if u had the money, i thk it is sold out by now.
    Well, i was there at the BH's showroom first day of launch a few months back. I was offered one unit on the 19 floor at about 850 psf. Really tempted.....

hmm... thought they launch sometime in Aug last year? u referring to the relaunch?

anyway, you are one of the few that supports BH... hahaha...

So which project in D15 caught ur eye? I was looking there as well, but the thought of having to go through the massive ECP jams set me back as i work in town. Although i like the uniqueness of those housing esp ard telok kurau.

anyway, i know from my agent yesterday, left only 4 units, all on the ground floor. so can say BH is almost 98% SOLD!. not bad not bad....

Well, i was there at the BH's showroom first day of launch a few months back. I was offered one unit on the 19 floor at about 850 psf. Really tempted.....

Greetings to all!

I have also just purchased a unit in BH recently. Looking forward to the TOP.

Just curious, what is ur unit size and how much did you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by kefkaway
    Greetings to all!

I have also just purchased a unit in BH recently. Looking forward to the TOP.

hmm... thought they launch sometime in Aug last year? u referring to the relaunch?

anyway, you are one of the few that supports BH... hahaha...

So which project in D15 caught ur eye? I was looking there as well, but the thought of having to go through the massive ECP jams set me back as i work in town. Although i like the uniqueness of those housing esp ard telok kurau.

anyway, i know from my agent yesterday, left only 4 units, all on the ground floor. so can say BH is almost 98% SOLD!. not bad not bad....
    Hi XB, Time flies. Yes, i think it was around Aug last year. It was extremely crowded at the showroom. I like the layout, the price and the view of the high floor units. But, as i have explained, i already bought one at D15 - TK, so too late for me.

I like TK because i work around Raffles Place and from ECP, it is just 10 minutes to office. If you know the right time to enter ECP, the traffic is not as bad as says CTE or AYE. In any case, slight traffic jam in the moring peak hour is inevitable in Singapore. TK also provides a rustic and laid back charm with proximity to East Coast and Changi Airport. I am also bias towards TK as i grew up in one of TK's kampung.

Hi Jazzer, were you happy with the fittings etc. you saw in the showflat? I never got to visit the showflat although i went to look at the model.

Hi XB, Time flies. Yes, i think it was around Aug last year. It was extremely crowded at the showroom. I like the layout, the price and the view of the high floor units. But, as i have explained, i already bought one at D15 - TK, so too late for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Windyblue
    Hi Jazzer, were you happy with the fittings etc. you saw in the showflat? I never got to visit the showflat although i went to look at the model.
    Hi Windyblue,

Yes, i was quite happy with i saw. I would have bouugh it if i have extra money at that juncture so i was willing to put money where my mouth is. I feel the potential for sub-sales and rental closer to TOP will be extremely strong. Some were put off by the traffic there but closer to TOP, all these problems will be resolved.

Hi Windyblue, so did you buy eventually after viewing the model?

me and hubby went to the BH showflat before in Feb i think. At that point of time, it was like a ghost town in every project showrooms, only 2 miserable people in the BH showrooms, and those are the 2 poor chaps aka agents. haha...during those days, no one would even dare to commit any buying as it was still very gloomy economically. It was more to do market surveys.

When it picked later on in Jun, when we finally decided it was time to plunge it, what's left is only the model at SilveFir (pardon my spelling). By then, after 4 months, i already forgotten the finishing quality in BH also, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Windyblue

Yes, eventually I did buy a unit on the very high floors. Did my research and offered a price that the agent had to take a commission cut on - felt bad for a while but heard that this is not unusual

Other than the price I was happy with, here're some of my reasons for buying:
    1. I like the huge balcony - almost as big as the living room from the looks of the floorplan and I see a lot of potential for very interesting interior design there. similarly for the planters.
    2. I travel frequently, work in town, and drive - i like that coming out onto Serangoon Road, I could turn left to CTE and take less than 10mins to get to work, or turn right up PIE to head to the airport.
    3. The view is good - don't ask me which direction because I prefer not to reveal too much about which unit I bought.
    4. Underpass to a park nearby - I jog so that's good.
    5. Small coffeeshops, eating places within walking distance.
    6. MRT within walking distance - I know i know...time it takes to walk there has been discussed ad nauseum but if I'm taking the MRT, i accept that I have to walk.
    7. By the big longkang/river - i don't care if the river is clean or not; i'm not going swimming there.
    8. End of St Mike's Road - I prefer the quiet entrance. Been to the location. Not bothered by expressways.
    9. Mustafa's would be a great place to stock up on essentials.
    10. Big budhha - kind of peaceful looking actually...
    11. Schools - more for resale. St Andrew's Village - within 1km; cedar girls - within 2km i believe.
    12. When i'm bored, I can walk to paradize...Sim Lim Square...

Having not seen the showflat, i took a chance on finishing and quality. But since this is Kim Eng's first condo development, they have to do a good job if they want to do it again. The layout and facilities placements are sensible, and hey, the price I got the apartment at gives me very good upside chances.

So if a sub-sale offer price is right, I won't be living here. But if it isn't, I'm looking forward to moving in.

So fellow buyers, you sound nice . I look forward to potentially being neighbors!

Hi Windyblue, so did you buy eventually after viewing the model?

me and hubby went to the BH showflat before in Feb i think. At that point of time, it was like a ghost town in every project showrooms, only 2 miserable people in the BH showrooms, and those are the 2 poor chaps aka agents. haha...during those days, no one would even dare to commit any buying as it was still very gloomy economically. It was more to do market surveys.

When it picked later on in Jun, when we finally decided it was time to plunge it, what's left is only the model at SilveFir (pardon my spelling). By then, after 4 months, i already forgotten the finishing quality in BH also, hahaha.

Hi windyblue

so when did you buy? in Jun? I'm surprised agent's commision is cut when the price is low. does that really happen?

Hi Windyblue,

Why never conside Elysia?
    Elysia is the apartment next to BH.
    A 3+1,1163sqft unit that faces the pool view of BH is going for $800k($687 psf). It is a steal......where to get 999 unit at D12 for $687psf.
    It meets all the postive points that you cited except for the big balcony...
    If you really a balcony person, just need to reduce size of living room, then can have big balcony....

Anyone thinking of buying BH or the mickey mouse size Airstream, please go look at Elysia.....

Elysia is over towered and outclassed in every way by BH and it is not even a full condo. Who wud want to spend 800k on a midget and old development with no class and to be laughing stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by d12pxgoskyhigh
    Hi Windyblue,

Why never conside Elysia?
    Elysia is the apartment next to BH.
    A 3+1,1163sqft unit that faces the pool view of BH is going for $800k($687 psf). It is a steal......where to get 999 unit at D12 for $687psf.
    It meets all the postive points that you cited except for the big balcony...
    If you really a balcony person, just need to reduce size of living room, then can have big balcony....

Anyone thinking of buying BH or the mickey mouse size Airstream, please go look at Elysia.....

Elysia is over towered and outclassed in every way by BH and it is not even a full condo. Who wud want to spend 800k on a midget and old development with no class and to be laughing stock?
    Only midget will have enbloc potential! When Elysia was built, the plot of land can only built to 10 storeys. 10 floors becomes 28 floors, developers sure interested in this deal..then can enbloc already...potential big appreciation in value....
    BH how to enbloc???? Already 28 storeys...

if waiting for en bloc, it is probably a good buy, but i am not sure if the plot size is even enuf for a condo (must be 45000sf and above). judging from the size of elysia, it can never be rebuilt to the same height as BH so what is the point of developers buying over that plot to enbloc it? Another thing is with BH so near, which developer would want to build another another shortie building just a few steps from a giant? If can en bloc, i think would have en blocked a long time ago liao....

Only midget will have enbloc potential! When Elysia was built, the plot of land can only built to 10 storeys. 10 floors becomes 28 floors, developers sure interested in this deal..then can enbloc already...potential big appreciation in value....
    BH how to enbloc???? Already 28 storeys...

is there such a ruling that plot size of less than certain area cannot be built tall?

btw, anyone knows what is the ht limit of buildings in st mike area?

if waiting for en bloc, it is probably a good buy, but i am not sure if the plot size is even enuf for a condo (must be 45000sf and above). judging from the size of elysia, it can never be rebuilt to the same height as BH so what is the point of developers buying over that plot to enbloc it? Another thing is with BH so near, which developer would want to build another another shortie building just a few steps from a giant? If can en bloc, i think would have en blocked a long time ago liao....
    There is still an empty plot next to Elysia..Also got potential to move marthoma rd outwards and create more space for the Elysia en bloc. Mar Thorma Rd is a deadend now, so it is possible to extend outwards and build a roundabout......think out of the box then can strike it rich.....Nothing is impossible....

Quote Originally Posted by xtink
    is there such a ruling that plot size of less than certain area cannot be built tall?

btw, anyone knows what is the ht limit of buildings in st mike area?
    >2 years ago, height limit in st mike area is 10th stoey.
    You can never find any developments built 2 years ago taller than 10 storeys. Any development <2 yrs ago can built up to 30 storeys.

nothing is impossible but with this conundrum in place for developers, they would rather go for something more straightforward i think...

There is still an empty plot next to Elysia..Also got potential to move marthoma rd outwards and create more space for the Elysia en bloc. Mar Thorma Rd is a deadend now, so it is possible to extend outwards and build a roundabout......think out of the box then can strike it rich.....Nothing is impossible....

thanks. but then why don't the new launches like SMR and Airstream built 30 storeys and become another iconic tower with good views? I believe if SMR, being just besides the river, goes to #30, the view would really be fantastic as it is unblocked, same for Airstream woh.

Quote Originally Posted by xtink
    thanks. but then why don't the new launches like SMR and Airstream built 30 storeys and become another iconic tower with good views? I believe if SMR, being just besides the river, goes to #30, the view would really be fantastic as it is unblocked, same for Airstream woh.
    There are 2 criteria to meet.
    One is approved plot height, the other is plot size.

i see. so in order to built a certain ht (e.g. 30 storeys), the land area must be of a certain size? so in the whole of st mich area currently, only BH and OSM meets the criteria, so both are allowed 28 storeys?

so by reference using the same rules, does it would mean that even if you buy into one of those small plot land apt status project over there at st mike, there will be very little chance that the apt would be enbloc and rebuilt into a towering block? (assuming all rules remaining constant and no enbloc of neighbouring projects)

based on current status in st mike, what is the likelihood that a new project will suddenly spring up and block the views of those BH'ers?

anyway, thanks for sharing....learn sthg today again....

There are 2 criteria to meet.
    One is approved plot height, the other is plot size.