Thread: The Beacon (D2, 99 years LH, Mapletree)

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default The Beacon (D2, 99 years LH, Mapletree)

The Business Times
    July 11th, 2006

Mapletree Investments’ one-off venture into residential property development, The Beacon in Cantonment Road, is almost sold out -just three weeks after its launch. While there has been little marketing fanfare since the 17th June preview, as of 6th July just eight of the 124 units were left.

The Beacon, a 99 year leasehold project has 124 units in a 24 storey tower, consisting mostly two-bedroom units of between 807 - 1,109 sqft. The units are selling for S$600 - S$700psf, which is attractive for an area that is effectively part of the Central Business District.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Beacon (D2, 99 years LH, Mapletree)

Anyone for the beacon?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Beacon (D2, 99 years LH, Mapletree)

I am sure you know that the Beacon is surrounded by tall buildings on every side. That's why the price is still low compared to Icon. But good for rental yield, I would think.

Surrounding buildings: Pinnacle HDB, Cantonment HDB, Cantonment Police station.

Beacon supporter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I am sure you know that the Beacon is surrounded by tall buildings on every side. That's why the price is still low compared to Icon. But good for rental yield, I would think.

Surrounding buildings: Pinnacle HDB, Cantonment HDB, Cantonment Police station.
    Hi, Anyone got any idea when Beacon will TOP? Would like to buy a 2 bedder unit to stay, preferably this year. thanks.

Kenny3 Guest

Should TOP soon. They are just completing the swimming pool and putting in the interiors. I bought one unit on the day of launch, but sold it 1 year later. The layout is great and bedrooms huge, something you can't get in other developments. Only big minus is it is so close to the main road (noise) and surrounded by concrete monsters (Pinnacle). Still I really like the floorplans.

guru Guest

Default the beacon bad buy...

the developers are shortchangng buyers of the beacon as the 99yr tenure started in 1997 whch effectively means there is only 88yrs (as of ths yr) left on the property. Anythng in excess of 1k psf for ths development is too ex as mre than a decade has already been cut off frm the tenure
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny3
    Should TOP soon. They are just completing the swimming pool and putting in the interiors. I bought one unit on the day of launch, but sold it 1 year later. The layout is great and bedrooms huge, something you can't get in other developments. Only big minus is it is so close to the main road (noise) and surrounded by concrete monsters (Pinnacle). Still I really like the floorplans.

no wonder going for 750-800psf now.

lease starts from 1997 means already 12 yrs gone! so imagine suddenly 10 yrs later it's considered "old" in terms of remaining least.

rental wise, don't think worth it because opp pinnacle will definately cost much lesser to rent.

i was at first quite interested in the beacon, but looking at the launch date some 13 years into the 99 years lease, i was put off by it. location is attractive, but the remaining lease not ideal....900psf for such a project i would consider pricey...

My understanding from a couple of agents there is that the developer has topped up the lease. The first agent we spoke to didn't really know what was happening but then we spoke to a supposed Beacon "expert" who informed us that the lease had been topped up.

Didn't buy in the end because apart from the 3 bedroom apartments which we quite liked, the 2 and 2+1 bedroom ones mostly had terrible facings. The 3 bedroom apartments however were far too expensive in terms of quantum although there were some good deals earlier in the year (below $700 psf).

are you sure the developer actually topped up the lease or the agent just talking about a maybe? i think the best is confirm with the developer or look at some form of documentary proof. if the lease is topped up for another 10 years or so, $700psf is a good buy. the 10 years can be used to collect rental without drastic drop in condo value...

Quote Originally Posted by delft
    My understanding from a couple of agents there is that the developer has topped up the lease. The first agent we spoke to didn't really know what was happening but then we spoke to a supposed Beacon "expert" who informed us that the lease had been topped up.

Didn't buy in the end because apart from the 3 bedroom apartments which we quite liked, the 2 and 2+1 bedroom ones mostly had terrible facings. The 3 bedroom apartments however were far too expensive in terms of quantum although there were some good deals earlier in the year (below $700 psf).

I sort of lost interest in the project after a while so I never went to get any confirmation that the developer had topped up the lease but that's what I was told by an agent marketing the place. When I spoke to the agent, it wasn't a maybe. It was a confirmation that the top up had taken place but I agree that the best way would be to check with the developer personally.

if lease top up you can consider, but hope the psf does not top up as well lah....

Quote Originally Posted by delft
    I sort of lost interest in the project after a while so I never went to get any confirmation that the developer had topped up the lease but that's what I was told by an agent marketing the place. When I spoke to the agent, it wasn't a maybe. It was a confirmation that the top up had taken place but I agree that the best way would be to check with the developer personally.

Default Wanted: Beacon units for multiple purchase

Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Beacon is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Is The Beacon still shinning?

The Beacon
    Address ....................................... psf ............... Area ........... Price ............... Contract Date
    130 Cantonment Road #21-04 .... $1,069 psf .o 1,109 sqft ... $1,185,000 ........ 5 Nov 09
    130 Cantonment Road #22-01 .... $1,034 psf .o 1,249 sqft ... $1,291,000 ......... 6 Oct 09
    130 Cantonment Road #18-03 .... $1,090 psf o 1,109 sqft ... $1,208,000 ...... 11 Sep 09
    130 Cantonment Road #16-02 .... $1,041 psf ..o.. 969 sqft ... $1,008,000 ...... 11 Sep 09

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Is The Beacon still shinning?

The Beacon
    Address ....................................... psf ............... Area ........... Price ............... Contract Date
    130 Cantonment Road #21-04 .... $1,069 psf .o 1,109 sqft ... $1,185,000 ........ 5 Nov 09
    130 Cantonment Road #22-01 .... $1,034 psf .o 1,249 sqft ... $1,291,000 ......... 6 Oct 09
    130 Cantonment Road #18-03 .... $1,090 psf o 1,109 sqft ... $1,208,000 ...... 11 Sep 09
    130 Cantonment Road #16-02 .... $1,041 psf ..o.. 969 sqft ... $1,008,000 ...... 11 Sep 09
    Should have grabbed it when it was 600-700psf panic sell end last year!!!