Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

i must say when i viewed this project i had problem with the potential upcoming projects blocking views

But after seeing a few sprouting around projects in novena and balestier...and advised by an agent...it doesnt matter

now getting projects with vacant plots around it or old projects, you run the risk of not knowing no of storey will the next building be built to.

so much better if you know no of storey the next building will be built to..further R@E is on a higher ground versus newton1 and others

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    the sail $1146-2499

see the band width.
    Is it fair to take the lowest 4th floor $psf @ $1146 and compare with the $psf for the 63rd floor at $2499 at the sail?

If I do the same for R@E, the highest transaction for the 31st floor was $2036psf as well

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Is it fair to take the lowest 4th floor $psf @ $1146 and compare with the $psf for the 63rd floor at $2499 at the sail?

If I do the same for R@E, the highest transaction for the 31st floor was $2036psf as well
    do simple maths...too many parameters to consider within the quadrants.
    $1146 psf may also be due to blocked view, lower floor like you said, unit no 4/13/6, afternoon sun, etc etc

same time zone with data extracted from independent source, ura.

never ending on data analysis if you go into details.
    overanalysis becomes paralysis

wow, you must be heavy in property market to be able to pull the above. if not, you really put effort in the count. kudos

ura site- lowest to highest

city square $639- 1271
    newton suite $1193-1696
    residences@evelyn- $1118-1580
    the sail $1146-2499

see the band width.
    took me less than few minutes to derive above......

each condo has its pros and cons.....but to see whether the class remains for the project is the biggest challenge for buyers/investors.

i hear of many negative comments on the sail but the demand is still there to cater for working adults.

A mix of both would be excellent but developer always set their target market during due diligence. It will either be an investor condo or family condo.....or disastrous hybrid of both?

took me less than few minutes to derive above......
    Took me 30 seconds to give you the property count.

It's free....just need to know where to look

I'm very interested in your theory concerning projects that are transacted more frequently. I need more convincing though.

Does this theory apply to heavily transacted stocks as well, that more the stock is transacted the "lesser" the quality of the stock?

I'm very interested in your theory concerning projects that are transacted more frequently. I need more convincing though.

Does this theory apply to heavily transacted stocks as well, that more the stock is transacted the "lesser" the quality of the stock?
    wow...i'm very impressed with 30 secs work. I'm very much slower

anyway, i'm no property expert. What i stated is off the cuff and based on simple demand supply theory.

on stocks, look at blue chips prices. heavily transacted with high volatility in prices are those made by the players. you are seasoned enuf to see.

earlier given my 2cents worth of comments.

prices bandwith, high versus low transactions, same period
    if you opt for sail /rivergate/city, risk seeker appetite.
    if you opt for RE or newton suites, risk adverse appetite

high transacted projects will also show the eagerness of owners to sell esp. for those newly TOP.

if i'm buying for own stay its a different ball game

i dont see anywhere any unit going for $14XXpsf
    andy, looks like you are referring to Park Infinia prices. Possible

i'm seeing R@E min asking price $1650psf
    sigh

sigh
    look @ the last few day's paper's man. You need to spend less time in this forum if you want to buy a good buy;-)

Residences @ Evelyn - Private Condo - Singapore Property
    CONDO 2+ rms. Sale: $1.XXM listed on XX/09/2009. Facilities, Newton MRT, Balcony, Nice, 1+ yrs old. Built-in: 1109 sq.ft. $14XX.00 psf.

sigh
    I really don't see the upside if one is buying at $1650 or more for a 2 years TOP condo. Rental is not great either at $4+psf.

I rather go for something in Balmoral at that price...more exclusive

I really don't see the upside if one is buying at $1650 or more for a 2 years TOP condo. Rental is not great either at $4+psf.

I rather go for something in Balmoral at that price...more exclusive
    for own stay. rental yield has never been great in comparison to same condos within asia.

can partly cover ok liao.

well, rent has to be compared during same period...$4++ at this point in time. peak, above $5++. HDB rent best yield based on return on capital.

....balmoral further from MRT. you can see a lot of tenants waving for cabs under hot sun along the road. sighted one unit in belmond green. look at the materials used in carpark.

R@E basement carpark has fans blowing.

balmoral doeesnt help in Primary 1 school registration.

look @ the last few day's paper's man. You need to spend less time in this forum if you want to buy a good buy;-)

Residences @ Evelyn - Private Condo - Singapore Property
    CONDO 2+ rms. Sale: $1.XXM listed on XX/09/2009. Facilities, Newton MRT, Balcony, Nice, 1+ yrs old. Built-in: 1109 sq.ft. $14XX.00 psf.
    thanks. only buys Fri, sat papers.
    oops this probably is the one with afternoon sun..anyway thanks andy

thanks. only buys Fri, sat papers.
    oops this probably is the one with afternoon sun..anyway thanks andy
    Are you agent for R@E?

Are you agent for R@E?
    if i m an agent for R@E, i wont be able to survive given low no. of transactions.
    I'm looking for a condo around newton
    lease is up soon

you sound like a property investor looking for good bargain.
    if so, you and I have different parameters

if i m an agent for R@E, i wont be able to survive given low no. of transactions.
    I'm looking for a condo around newton
    lease is up soon

you sound like a property investor looking for good bargain.
    if so, you and I have different parameters
    Well looking at some of your comments the last 200 posts, it would appear you have much vested interest in only R@E and practically nothing else...

Hmmm...It's a tenant's market.... what's the hurry when you can rent R@E at $4psf which is only less than 1%-1.5% net return for the owner right now?

Well looking at some of your comments the last 200 posts, it would appear you have much vested interest in only R@E and practically nothing else...

Hmmm...It's a tenant's market.... what's the hurry when you can rent R@E at $4psf which is only less than 1%-1.5% net return for the owner right now?
    affordable in newton area with exclusivity
    are you asian? if so, do you wish to rent or buy?
    primary 1 school registration coming soon.

normally we see ppl calling grapes sour if they cant get it. instead they try to push for other projects, from bottom up. lol
    preserverance.
    next preferred - paterson residences. cldnt afford. nxt target

you too have alot of interest in D11, esp novena projects from your posts.
    trying to flock your units?

some investors go on herd mentality..some target for stable projects with little downside in event there's another downturn, some just take "gambling" position,

affordable in newton area with exclusivity
    are you asian? if so, do you wish to rent or buy?
    primary 1 school registration coming soon.

normally we see ppl calling grapes sour if they cant get it. instead they try to push for other projects, from bottom up. lol
    preserverance.
    next preferred - paterson residences. cldnt afford. nxt target
    What has race got to do with rent or buy? Those who stay here long and who intend to stay would know what to do.

Smart parents often buy the smallest unit for registration. Smarter parents lease a unit. But nowadays proximity to schools (<1km) does not get you in my friend. All 50,000 parents has the same strategy and they all go for the same school. You may need another strategy.....

wow didn't know R@E is now asking for 1650psf.
    Just 1y ago, when PI was TOPed, I was offered $1500 for a 3bd, 12 floor if I remember correctly. (The agent brought me from PI to R@E, saying this is a better deal)
    At that time I thought I should wait, since $1500 looked like peak already.
    The agent kept on telling me "Wingtai is going to launch that plot in front of R@E at $2000psf".

I think I miss the timing already. Will have to wait for next opportunity.

What has race got to do with rent or buy? Those who stay here long and who intend to stay would know what to do.

Smart parents often buy the smallest unit for registration. Smarter parents lease a unit. But nowadays proximity to schools (<1km) does not get you in my friend. All 50,000 parents has the same strategy and they all go for the same school. You may need another strategy.....
    see that you are not an asian to understand where i'm coming from.

and guess you dont read much
    and your kids if you have have grown..

need not elaborate further as my views may not be common to you since we hv different parameters to consider. I've done my ground check and observations many times and other surrounding projects. Still prefer R@E

one family friend with primary education once told me - you guys read too much until your overanalysis paralyse your "decision making" ability...couldnt help laughing thinking of his comment.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    wow didn't know R@E is now asking for 1650psf.
    Just 1y ago, when PI was TOPed, I was offered $1500 for a 3bd, 12 floor if I remember correctly. (The agent brought me from PI to R@E, saying this is a better deal)
    At that time I thought I should wait, since $1500 looked like peak already.
    The agent kept on telling me "Wingtai is going to launch that plot in front of R@E at $2000psf".

I think I miss the timing already. Will have to wait for next opportunity.
    looking at both condos within their perimeters, R@E would be the preferred one.

I have never quite analyse the underlying numbers, transactions or the broad macro paramters of PI and R@E before. However, I have been to both, to view certain apartments.

Purely from my viewing experience, I prefer R@E better. Cannot explain why, just like R@E better. Maybe its the private lift, maybe its the way the whole condo site plan is set out or laid out... ... I also feel the workmanship of R@E seems to be better that PI.

I went to Caribbean before and found them quite ok (notwithstanding, its already 5 years old). When I looked at PI, I was rather surprised with their workmanship considering its the same developer (ok, it could be different contractors and I appreciate that).

Views anyone on KL's workmanship in general ?

looking at both condos within their perimeters, R@E would be the preferred one.

But nowadays proximity to schools (<1km) does not get you in my friend. All 50,000 parents has the same strategy and they all go for the same school. You may need another strategy.....
    at least if i'm asked by my kid down the road, i'm proud to say that I did my best, my son. Sigh, missing ingredient in SG.

instead of finding excuse as easy way out.
    anyway, it's convenient to travel to work or shop. wht's the issue.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

$4 psf is actually quite low if anybody is to pay $1650 psf for R@E since the gross rental yield is only 2.9%. There are other condos which can command much better rental yields than this (if anybody is buying for investment). If for own stay, there are also better choice with better exclusivity and landscaping than this. To me, R@E only scores a score of 7 (from 1-10, 10 being the best).

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    $4 psf is actually quite low if anybody is to pay $1650 psf for R@E since the gross rental yield is only 2.9%. There are other condos which can command much better rental yields than this (if anybody is buying for investment). If for own stay, there are also better choice with better exclusivity and landscaping than this. To me, R@E only scores a score of 7 (from 1-10, 10 being the best).
    HDB tiong bahru - 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    asians own...

see that you are not an asian to understand where i'm coming from.

and guess you dont read much
    and your kids if you have have grown..
    Sorry you guessed wrong but I don't hold it against anyone

BTW, you don't need to stay in a property to try to get your son into ACS. You just need to own it for a while. There is also one condo which is (<1km) from ACS(B), ACS(J) and SCGS. All these schools are hot cos they're affliated with the sec schools

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

HDB? No lah. HDB rental yield is high but price appreciation is low. I always buy for price appreciation (1st and foremost consideration) but top up with decent rental yield (secondary not so important, high rental yield is a bonus but not a must).

HDB tiong bahru - 9.5

Sorry you guessed wrong but I don't hold it against anyone

BTW, you don't need to stay in a property to try to get your son into ACS. You just need to own it for a while. There is also one condo which is (<1km) from ACS(B), ACS(J) and SCGS. All these schools are hot cos they're affliated with the sec schools
    thanks but R@E is the one