Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    HDB? No lah. HDB rental yield is high but price appreciation is low. I always buy for price appreciation (1st and foremost consideration) but top up with decent rental yield (secondary not so important, high rental yield is a bonus but not a must).
    i believe building your own hybrid condo is the best solution to get best of both worlds....

I think you need to swim deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    thanks but R@E is the one
    Not for the 3 schools at the same time....

$4 psf is actually quite low if anybody is to pay $1650 psf for R@E since the gross rental yield is only 2.9%. There are other condos which can command much better rental yields than this (if anybody is buying for investment). If for own stay, there are also better choice with better exclusivity and landscaping than this. To me, R@E only scores a score of 7 (from 1-10, 10 being the best).
    I quite like R@E but in term of layout, building design and finishes, I prefer newton one..but it is higher price too..hai..

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Not for the 3 schools at the same time....
    scgs not on radar screen..some families may share same

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Purely from my viewing experience, I prefer R@E better. Cannot explain why, just like R@E better. Maybe its the private lift, maybe its the way the whole condo site plan is set out or laid out... ... I also feel the workmanship of R@E seems to be better that PI.
    Let me help you to explain why ...

1. This side of Newton Road is classier than the other side.

2. RE has fewer units and hence is more exclusive than PI.

2. Evelyn's facade looks like a classy hotel whereas PI looks like HDB blocks pasted with a coat of glass.

2. Caucasian names like "@Evelyn" sounds classier than Asian names like "@Wee Nam". Remember "Knight Frank Cheong Hock Chye"? Fortunately they renamed it "Knight Frank" and not "Knight Frank Bak Kut Teh".

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Let me help you to explain why ...

1. This side of Newton Road is classier than the other side.

2. RE has fewer units and hence is more exclusive than PI.

2. Evelyn's facade looks like a classy hotel whereas PI looks like HDB blocks pasted with a coat of glass.

2. Caucasian names like "@Evelyn" sounds classier than Asian names like "@Wee Nam". Remember "Knight Frank Cheong Hock Chye"? Fortunately they renamed it "Knight Frank" and not "Knight Frank Bak Kut Teh".
    other thing i notice is the major diff between R@E's lift lobby versus PI's and others. but anyway, not many ppl have visited R@E, so they are commenting from the hip....

Read somewhere that R@E had glass panels falling off its building ... no one was hurt though. Any truth to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    Read somewhere that R@E had glass panels falling off its building ... no one was hurt though. Any truth to it?
    that's the project in cairnhill...T** L***** by W*** T**

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    that one is wingtai one, got court case

Quote Originally Posted by august
    that one is wingtai one, got court case
    didnt know its public info now...otherwise not advisable to quote
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    that's the project in cairnhill...T** L***** by W*** T**
    oh... i thought it's the one around draycott?

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    oh... i thought it's the one around draycott?
    high profile on this T** L*****, Cairnhill as it was out in media.
    at the end of the day, developer is critical in ensuring top QC.

all know which developer doesnt emphasis on quality but owner is still one of top 3 richest. project still selling well. because the projects are targeted at mass market...who are HDB upgraders and ok to minimum std.

one friend once told me that by looking at the name and logo of the project, you can gauge the amount spent $$$ by developer and QC expected....lol

Why you guys do not consider VIVA if the asking prices of existing development are so unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Why you guys do not consider VIVA if the asking prices of existing development are so unrealistic?
    why place money on "showroom" where what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG)? and it is a Novena project.

Such project may have "flippers"

if you note in their advertisements, there's always something linked to better districts....such as mins away from orchard...near to newton....close proximity to bukit timah road....

another soft turn will impact such projects big time...better buy in better existing projects where you can see the actual building plus developments surrounding the place.

comments

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Looking at the site, floorplans, show-flats, and what fittings to be provided, I believe Viva is going to be great project in a great location (close to Novena MRT and 3 shopping malls and many eateries around). Having access to Thomson Road is better than Dunearn Road which is always jammed like hell during peak hours.
    Another bug-bear about R@E other than nothing around it (no shopping malls and eateries close-by) is that it is not elderly friendly - need to climb many steps of stairs to go to tennis court and children playground. That means elderly or disabled or those with walking disability/difficulty cannot go to tennis court to watch a match of tennis or bring their grandchildren to the playground without having to battle the stairs up and down the slope. Walking to Newton MRT is also not a nice experience as having to walk under the Dunern flyover and walk over the smelly big lokang (misquitoes breeding ground? - the same lokang that extends to beside Park Infinia, Miro, and Rochelle@Newton). Try walking at night and you will know.
    Furthermore, the interior of R@E is very inefficient. The 2 BRs of about 1100 sqft have very small living room and bedrooms. Imagine the Master bedroom is so small that if you put a king-size bed in there, you have very limited walking space! 3 BRs are as bad.

blanks firing

now i know who's the agent....

max i visited over the past 2 yrs = 7 existing projects,
    new showrooms = nil.

Although it hardly happened in SG - developer abandoning project, i buy what i can see.

when we first view R@E, trying to see how to fit a king size bed in the master....(HDB no problem lah). finally found the solution after one agent shared his view.

Creativity has to come in. sadly some lack that.

old project 1100 sqft is different on size from new project of same size.

hi dmonddd, seems to me that you have total information on R@E,
    do you mind to share which is the best stack? and what are the bad points of R@E?

Quote Originally Posted by gemstone
    hi dmonddd, seems to me that you have total information on R@E,
    do you mind to share which is the best stack? and what are the bad points of R@E?
    suggest you view one unit first and come back to forum with with your views. but trying to view one is like waiting waiting
    waiting....waiting....waiting.

i drove in once and realised the road humps within the compound were too high, compared to others.

Hi Dmonddd

When are going ever to buy? If you like it, just set a comfortable price you can offer and go for it.

You do not have to convince everyone that RE is better than PI cos property is a very personal and emotional choice. So there will always be differing views.

I viewed many units at RE and PI 2nd half of last year and 1Q09. For me, PI over RE, but that is just my own preference.

Quote Originally Posted by qus
    Hi Dmonddd

When are going ever to buy? If you like it, just set a comfortable price you can offer and go for it.

You do not have to convince everyone that RE is better than PI cos property is a very personal and emotional choice. So there will always be differing views.

I viewed many units at RE and PI 2nd half of last year and 1Q09. For me, PI over RE, but that is just my own preference.
    If I wanted to buy a unit at R@E, I wouldn't be in this forum convincing everyone that R@E is the best, most exclusive condo in SG. Who knows if some of the readers are in fact owners and non-owners may also bid for the units that I want to buy after hearing all the positive arguments.

The net impact is to increase the asking price or at least convince the owners not to sell?

If I wanted to buy a unit at R@E, I wouldn't be in this forum convincing everyone that R@E is the best, most exclusive condo in SG. Who knows if some of the readers are in fact owners and non-owners may also bid for the units that I want to buy after hearing all the positive arguments.

The net impact is to increase the asking price or at least convince the owners not to sell?
    But of course I may have already picked up a unit and is now waiting to flip?

Quote Originally Posted by qus
    Hi Dmonddd

wait for the prices to come down.......
    and owners to come to senses.

not convincing anyone here...sorry.

convincing my home minister and hearing views from others.
    some who provide their views in this forum are obviously firing from their hips.....instead from their heads

try to filter blank comments form those valid and sensible ones.

dun have enuf cash to go for bigger units who are now for sale...
    ain't like those who try to rub down projects for their own benefits.

retribution.......

level playing field.
    but dont forget the constraints on downpayment, financing margin, valuation, buyers profile, owners' holding power.....etc

it's a buyer market....owners still think its seller's market
    myopia..desert

But of course I may have already picked up a unit and is now waiting to flip?
    you are probably one seasoned player based on your comments....watch the poor fellow buyers.

I've viewed units in PI and R@E more than others
    2-bedder only - max i can afford

unlike those who kept commenting on other projects..probably based on theory...without actual viewing.

hence it's best for one to view the project and post their sensible comments instead of passing general comments. like agents always say - no obligation

one seasoned property player gave this advice and i always take that advice when viewing property esp. condo.

visualize the property condition 5, 10, 15 years down the road.
    Condo maintenance is critical to preserving value.

some bigger projects may not reach there in SG - en bloc. Lol

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Below are unrefutable facts about Residences@Evelyn. If R@E owners need to be creative in order to fit a king-size bed into the Master bedroom, then you can imagine how small the Master bedroom is and to think that the unit is about 1100 sqft (not those mickey mouse 800+ sqft 2BR units - but anyway there is not much difference from those since the Master bedroom is as small as those mickey mouse 2BR units while still paying 1100 sqft price vs 800 sqft price). Property buyers better keep their eyes wide wide and see clearly that the usable space is proportional to the unit size that they are paying for. No point paying for airs and un-usable spaces (unless you are so rich - but if you are so rich hor, better buy those condos with concierge service more high class and also close to Orchard MRT & high-class shopping malls like Ion). Another problem with R@E is that half of the units with better view are fully blasted with West sun (wasted) while those not having West sun are mostly blocked left, right, centre (no view) (or going to be blocked with Trilight & L'Viv coming up). If no view or full blasted West sun, better discount the price because don't think anybody will like these. E.g. Lincoln Residences selling so much cheaper than surrounding condos is because it is blocked left, right, centre (no view).

Looking at the site, floorplans, show-flats, and what fittings to be provided, I believe Viva is going to be great project in a great location (close to Novena MRT and 3 shopping malls and many eateries around). Having access to Thomson Road is better than Dunearn Road which is always jammed like hell during peak hours.
    Another bug-bear about R@E other than nothing around it (no shopping malls and eateries close-by) is that it is not elderly friendly - need to climb many steps of stairs to go to tennis court and children playground. That means elderly or disabled or those with walking disability/difficulty cannot go to tennis court to watch a match of tennis or bring their grandchildren to the playground without having to battle the stairs up and down the slope. Walking to Newton MRT is also not a nice experience as having to walk under the Dunern flyover and walk over the smelly big lokang (misquitoes breeding ground? - the same lokang that extends to beside Park Infinia, Miro, and Rochelle@Newton). Try walking at night and you will know.
    Furthermore, the interior of R@E is very inefficient. The 2 BRs of about 1100 sqft have very small living room and bedrooms. Imagine the Master bedroom is so small that if you put a king-size bed in there, you have very limited walking space! 3 BRs are as bad.