Thread: Ed Sheeran tests positive for COVID-19, will do performances from home

Default Ed Sheeran tests positive for COVID-19, will do performances from home

Ed Sheeran tests positive for COVID-19, will do performances from home

"Apologies to anyone I've let down," the British singer wrote on Instagram.

Ed Sheeran tests positive for COVID-19, will do performances from home

25 Oct 2021

British pop star Ed Sheeran said on Sunday (Oct 24) he has tested positive for COVID-19 and will do interviews and performances from his house while he self-isolates.

Sheeran, 30, broke the news on social media days before his new studio album is due out.

“Quick note to tell you that I've sadly tested positive for Covid, so I'm now self-isolating and following government guidelines,” Sheeran wrote on Instagram. “It means that I'm now unable to plough ahead with any in person commitments for now, so I'll be doing as many of my planned interviews/performances I can from my house. Apologies to anyone I've let down.”

Sheeran had just been announced as the musical guest on NBC's Saturday Night Live on Nov 6.

Representatives did not immediately say which performances he is cancelling and which he will carry out from home.

Sheeran's official website lists no performances before April. The four-time Grammy winner's new studio album is called =, which is pronounced Equals.

Default Re: Ed Sheeran tests positive for COVID-19, will do performances from home

British musician Ed Sheeran has coronavirus, will do performances from home

- Sheeran, 30, broke the news on social media days before his new studio album is scheduled for release
    - The singer had just been announced as the musical guest on NBC’s Saturday Night Live on November 6

Associated Press

25 Oct, 2021

British pop star Ed Sheeran said on Sunday he has tested positive for Covid-19 and will do interviews and performances from his house while he self-isolates.

Sheeran, 30, broke the news on social media days before his new studio album is scheduled for release.

“Quick note to tell you that I’ve sadly tested positive for Covid, so I’m now self-isolating and following government guidelines,” Sheeran wrote on Instagram. “It means that I’m now unable to plough ahead with any in person commitments for now, so I’ll be doing as many of my planned interviews/performances I can from my house. Apologies to anyone I’ve let down.”

Sheeran had just been announced as the musical guest on NBC’s Saturday Night Live on November 6.

Representatives did not immediately say which performances he is cancelling and which he will carry out from home.

Sheeran’s official website lists no performances before April. The four-time Grammy winner’s new studio album is called “=” which is pronounced “Equals”.

Sheeran described the new collection as “really personal”. He said his life changed in the past few years after his marriage to Cherry Seaborn, as well as the birth of their daughter, which the couple announced in September 2020.

“Ello! A quick message from me as I have some personal news that I wanted to share with you,” Sheeran captioned the post at the time, his first since he announced a social media hiatus last Christmas Eve.

“Last week, with the help of an amazing delivery team, Cherry gave birth to our beautiful and healthy daughter - Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran. We are completely in love with her.”

This is the first child for both Sheeran and Seaborn, who have known each other since childhood and attended high school together.