Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Metropolitan Condominium (D3, 99 years LH, Capitaland-Lippo JV)

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    seems after A Sky comes into the picture
    the asking prices for Metro have weakened
    which means not many flipping are successful

Metro's finishing is very poor for a project asking for 1100 psf +

it will return back to the 800s when market does correction

when, who knows!

i hv turned bearish from bullish .. correction coming soon ~~

Exactly .. property stocks have broken 50d MA support. All these 99LH condos over 1000psf may be the first one to correct just because of too many flippers and less genuine stayers. I doubt HDB upgraders can afford this kind of price tag. After TOP, 99LH condos can only hold its value if rental yield can support it (one good example is Lakeshore with high rental yield after TOP). Since fundamental is not improving anytime soon and rental yield stays low ... really don't see how such high psf can sustain. SouthBank, Metro, A Sky, CSR ... very risky to hold .. it is like buying call options with time value

I am really worried a serious correction may come real soon to read the following from CSR owner posting in another forum that simply sounds like in total denial of problems and dreaming of prices keep going up:

Just some comments after reading the thread of negative comments abt CSR.. I myself is a owner here and has been staying here for past few months as well. Initially, we have been thinking of renting out, but after staying for couple of weeks, we have decided to make this our permanent home.. why, it's all about location, location and location...

There are good mix of crowd here, Caucacians, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Indians and local singaporean... Yes, there are units tenanted with 16 pples, but I don't really care as I don't share the unit with them. In fact, my neighbour may be one of those units, but generally, they are still quite low profile and I don't hear any noise or rowdiness, amid occasionally unpleasant habits like leaving trashes around the rubbish chute. Other than that, I don't see much problems.

In terms of outside environment, I'm more inclined to describe it as vibrant than chaos. I love staying in lively surrounding rather than dead, quiet place. I guess that goes with personal preference. For me, Mustapha is definitely a fun place to shop. I visited it almost every week and the experience is much better than those monotonous malls, though it's crowded most of the time. With the mall coming (in fact I'm more excited by the Mustapha extension than the mall), I see more positive than negative as it will make the surrounding more happening and will surely get the attention of would-be buyers. The management of the mall is lendlease, the same management team behind Parkway and the new mall in Orchard Somerset. I guess the mall will be positioned like Parkway, somewhere between heartland and the upmarket. Will those indian crowd go there? Probably, but I don't think they are the target market for the retails. Anyway, let see in few months time, no point speculating here.

In terms of surrounding eateries, not many condo can beat CSR. Scissors cut rice, Zhen Wen Ji pig organ soup, Ng Ah Soi Bak Kut Teh, Swee Choon, Lavender Food Market, Jalan Besar Food Market.. It just a food haven.. Let's share some good tips on the surrounding restaurants, foodstalls or shops to visits...

BTW, I don't own a car (I don't really need one as the mrt and plenty of buses just by the side), so seldom venture into B1 carpark and thus yet to have those negative experience, but this is really a minor issue that the management need to dealt with.

Yes, probably the security is lax, the management is not responding, unprofessional agents.. but all these are just secondary problems. Look beyond that, I must say that CSR is definitely have much potential for future capital gain. The price has already gone up from 850psf in Jan to more than 1000psf in Jun (Just look at the caveat lodge).. The price speak the loudest. If the property market remain hot, CSR price will sure go in tandem.

All in all, I'm a happy owner here.. and will sell only when the price is really attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    I am really worried a serious correction may come real soon to read the following from CSR owner posting in another forum that simply sounds like in total denial of problems and dreaming of prices keep going up:
    Hi Jitkiat,
    Which forum is that? I would like to read more abt what ppl think abt CSR besides those mentioned in this forum.
    I believe it depends very much on the success of the mall beside it but I have doubts on the crowds that frequent the mall. Let's wait and see how this project goes. For those investors in CSR, good luck to all of you!

Happy smelling then..

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat

Yes, probably the security is lax, the management is not responding, unprofessional agents.. but all these are just secondary problems. Look beyond that, I must say that CSR is definitely have much potential for future capital gain. The price has already gone up from 850psf in Jan to more than 1000psf in Jun (Just look at the caveat lodge).. The price speak the loudest. If the property market remain hot, CSR price will sure go in tandem.

All in all, I'm a happy owner here.. and will sell only when the price is really attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Happy smelling then..
    i realise after TOP ...metropolitan forum very quiet ..why ?

have the owners now realise how bad it is and not commenting ?
    or what ?
    common Metropolitanists ... give us some feed back ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus72
    Hi Jitkiat,
    Which forum is that? I would like to read more abt what ppl think abt CSR besides those mentioned in this forum.
    I believe it depends very much on the success of the mall beside it but I have doubts on the crowds that frequent the mall. Let's wait and see how this project goes. For those investors in CSR, good luck to all of you!
    Getting a condo next to a mall also depends on he location.

CSR, freehold but location?
    Cote D Azur, LH but location?

Which one you preferred? One man meat, another man poison

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Ya, you are right. The children playground are right under the MRT tracks. Metropolitan is the nearest to MRT condo in singapore.

How much is the asking psf?
    I checked it out last night

It is singapore's one and only playgound that can boast to be under an MRT track! very fun to see trains zipping overhead!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i realise after TOP ...metropolitan forum very quiet ..why ?

have the owners now realise how bad it is and not commenting ?
    or what ?
    common Metropolitanists ... give us some feed back ...
    Got owners comment here meh. Comment here are non-owners lah.

Owners now are doing 3 things:-

1) Testing sound proof insulator vigorously
    2) Siam their house and go somewhere quiet. Waiting for 12.30am to go home
    3) Queuing up at SMRT to lodge complaints
    4) Anymore to add???

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Yuen
    Got owners comment here meh. Comment here are non-owners lah.

Yes, i think it is indeed a sore point for metropolitian. The playground under track, circumstance not well conceal. One can see from the public pavement leading to the MRT station. Else, i think it is a good condo with its good location and relatively new design.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    Owners now are doing 3 things:-

1) Testing sound proof insulator vigorously
    2) Siam their house and go somewhere quiet. Waiting for 12.30am to go home
    3) Queuing up at SMRT to lodge complaints
    4) Anymore to add???
    (4) fighting with wives for not making enough money for you to live elsewhere

(5) popping sleeping pills
    (6) buying ear plugs
    (7) stick a chopstick into your ears to pierce the ear drums.
    (8) to divorce wives to get money to live elsewhere
    (9) go to speakers' corner to complain about the developers.

fwah .. didn't know this project being hated by some pp until can 'curse' some more ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    fwah .. didn't know this project being hated by some pp until can 'curse' some more ... lol

I wonder why so many people so sore about this condo. The only reason that I could think is that they wanted to buy but the price exceeded their expectation. Otherwise, they would not even checkout the Condo.

But if you are those first batch that bought from developer, you are laughing your heads out as you can make a decent profit from the launch of AS by selling even at $950psf.

The price is rising fast ah.. A lot of people bought at 900psf make a lot of money ah.. But that doesn't make the Condo good. It is still noisy. It is still below MRT track. It still sucks. It's okie if suckers continue to buy. Then you all make more money and laugh to the bank lor. At the end of the day, it still sucks and this doesn't change. Even it reaches 2000psf, that doesn't mean it is no longer below MRT. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    I wonder why so many people so sore about this condo. The only reason that I could think is that they wanted to buy but the price exceeded their expectation. Otherwise, they would not even checkout the Condo.

But if you are those first batch that bought from developer, you are laughing your heads out as you can make a decent profit from the launch of AS by selling even at $950psf.
    not true. I made fun of this project because it is such an inviting target. who would in his right mind buy a condo under a train track? only in singapore populated by kiasu speculators.

Yes, even if the price hits 5000 psf, it doesn't change the fact if you need broken ear drums to have a good night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    not true. I made fun of this project because it is such an inviting target. who would in his right mind buy a condo under a train track? only in singapore populated by kiasu speculators.

Yes, even if the price hits 5000 psf, it doesn't change the fact if you need broken ear drums to have a good night's sleep.
    saw in the online paper..they called Ascentia Sky 'HIGH END"....ahhahaa

i really hope potential Ascentia buyers are reading the Metropolitan forum ...

Quote Originally Posted by vin002

Agree, so many sour grapes here. They didn't buy before and now trying to talk down the condo. By the way, it's "above" the MRT and not "below"/"under" the track. For those on higher floors, the noise is barely noticeable. Paying for location also means paying for convenience, and for those who prefers accessibility to MRT and proximity to the city, Metropolitan seems a very choice.
    Last edited by hmmm; 14-07-09 at 22:59.

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm
    Agree, so many sour grapes here. They didn't buy before and now trying to talk down the condo. By the way, it's "above" the MRT and not "below"/"under" the track. For those on higher floors, the noise is barely noticeable. Paying for location also means paying for convenience, and for those who prefers accessibility to MRT and proximity to the city, Metropolitan seems a very choice.

seriously HMMM

are you an owner ?

i am seriously curious about the noise .. as Noise travels upward .. i used to live in a apt 16 floor .. and the MRT track was some 8 mins walk away ..within sight ..abnd i could hear it ..

so metro and the track and stn is so close ..the braking train i am sure can be heard .. just a question of how loud ...

care to comment >?

seriously HMMM

are you an owner ?

i am seriously curious about the noise .. as Noise travels upward .. i used to live in a apt 16 floor .. and the MRT track was some 8 mins walk away ..within sight ..abnd i could hear it ..

so metro and the track and stn is so close ..the braking train i am sure can be heard .. just a question of how loud ...

care to comment >?

I don't mind to comment at all. Mine is on a higher floor and faces the MRT side. I normally turn on the air-con anyway and when you close the windows, you cannot notice the noise at all. You only notice it if you open the balcony door, but even without the MRT there, you can hear some traffic, not different from many other condos in Singapore. The MRT noise is not high-pitch (even when braking I guess, I don't really make a note of it) and not annoying and drowns into the background. There are many different positive or negative comments here about Metropolitan but I am a happy owner and like the lay-out a lot too. So I do think I have the right to make a first-hand comment here.
    Last edited by hmmm; 14-07-09 at 23:25.

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm
    I don't mind to comment at all. Mine is on a higher floor and faces the MRT side. I normally turn on the air-con anyway and when you close the windows, you cannot notice the noise at all. You only notice it if you open the balcony door, but even without the MRT there, you can hear some traffic, not different from many other condos in Singapore. The MRT noise is not high-pitch (even when braking I guess, I don't really make a note of it) and not annoying and drowns into the background. There are many different positive or negative comments here about Metropolitan but I am a happy owner and like the lay-out a lot too. So I do think I have the right to make a first-hand comment here.
    thats a fair comment ..

the fact that its between a major road and a smaller inner road ..traffic noise is inevitable ..

so to those who prefer high floor, some natural breeze, Metro would not be suitable ..

the same noise will be heard at Ascentia i guess .. if not louder..

thanks again ..

Hi All

I just had my evening walk and passed by Met. As i understood, since this project has already TOP-ed, i only see about 5-6units occupied.

Does that means that almost all of these units are NOT owner-occupier but investors?

Quote Originally Posted by esurprise
    Hi All

I just had my evening walk and passed by Met. As i understood, since this project has already TOP-ed, i only see about 5-6units occupied.

Does that means that almost all of these units are NOT owner-occupier but investors?
    its 11.43 pm most of them koon leow lah .. or making out .. scream loud loud no problem ... MRT will mask the scream ...good

its 11.43 pm most of them koon leow lah .. or making out .. scream loud loud no problem ... MRT will mask the scream ...good
    Need to get the timing right. MRT doesnt come every sec...

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Need to get the timing right. MRT doesnt come every sec...
    you are right ..

need to learn to hold .. long term returns usually better and explosive

ok go to sleep now

actually that being said, even the most unlikely places you can still find people living there. Take a drive along through Kheam Hock Rd all the way through to Sime Rd and you can see people living in beautiful landed properties (considered prime district) beside the chinese cemetary. Drive through there at night and you feel goosebumps all over and can't wait to exit at the other end of the road, that is the kind of feeling you get...

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Getting a condo next to a mall also depends on he location.

CSR, freehold but location?
    Cote D Azur, LH but location?

Which one you preferred? One man meat, another man poison

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Your comments are too extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by esurprise
    Hi All

Like you said, just TOP, rectification works & renovation, I guess you will see more units before the Chinese 7th month.

saw in the online paper..they called Ascentia Sky 'HIGH END"....ahhahaa

i really hope potential Ascentia buyers are reading the Metropolitan forum ...
    It is called "high end" because they are poviding better quality items. Doesn't mean that their finishing must be high end.

One man meat another man poison. To each his own.

Why are they people staying next to MRT track?
    Why are they people staying at Sentosa?
    Why are they people staying at CSR?
    Why are they people staying at woodland?
    Why are they people staying at JB?
    Why am I staying at Villa Marina?