Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Metropolitan Condominium (D3, 99 years LH, Capitaland-Lippo JV)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    residents have as much right as homeless people around the world to say "I live under a railroad track." How is that for someone who paid 1 plus million to pay to condo there?
    Just let market decide loh ... I also don't understand why people pay > 1kpsf in 99LH SouthBank rubbing shoulders with crowd from Golden Mile, one side is smelly hawker centre, two sides are noisy roads, and a smelly canal (river ?!). But willing buyer willing seller, I respect the market. IF really sucks, after TOP price will fall to more sustainable level. May be these condos appeal to singles/couples without children who work at city centre until past midnight, by the time they take a taxi home, no more MRT noise

BTW, I know one guy renting an HDB flat room 10m from the MRT track .. unbearable noise for him.
    Last edited by jitkiat; 22-06-09 at 17:40.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i agree. my friend viewed a >#40 unit. he said asking price 1000 to 1100psf. i said, hey, that's prime district prices, not 99 year leasehold, can hear mrt even at >#40 kind of prices. good view of sea and sentosa but err...its just a port view isn't it? and in between all you see are blocks and blocks of hdb. indeed, A.Sky construction going to be noisy as well. not to mention there is a plot of land beside these 2 which is zoned for residential but has yet to be released for sale.

i wonder how relaxing it is to be dipping in the swimming pool and listen to the mrt go buy every few minutes.
    above 40floor asking price is 1200 psf lah
    a lot of brokers are saying hey A. Sky when built asking price could be like so and so high, so my Metro should sell this price so and so
    A.Sky if I guess rite the land size is twice the size of Metro...Metro buyers at low price they are OK, they can sell to the unsuspecting
    the pple that buy at these asking prices...ask yourself can you see 1500psf coming?
    of course not lah
    upside potential limited
    downside potential to 700psf !

why pple so dumb
    if u like the place go buy Tanglin View, Queens, Anchorage, the Tiong Bahru new condos...why buy so high for so much risks

also noticed the developer chiak-ed the buyers
    they got huge planter balconies
    who is paying for this? the buyers lor

i don't even think 1200psf can be transacted, it just sounds so ridiculous.

the site area is about the same. in fact, A. Sky is 92,128 sq ft, Metro is 104,863 sq ft in land area. 346 units for A. Sky and 382 units for metropolitan so density is about the same. A. Sky can be built higher to 163m though, metro height capped at 153m.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    above 40floor asking price is 1200 psf lah
    a lot of brokers are saying hey A. Sky when built asking price could be like so and so high, so my Metro should sell this price so and so
    A.Sky if I guess rite the land size is twice the size of Metro...Metro buyers at low price they are OK, they can sell to the unsuspecting
    the pple that buy at these asking prices...ask yourself can you see 1500psf coming?
    of course not lah
    upside potential limited
    downside potential to 700psf !

the site area is about the same. in fact, A. Sky is 92,128 sq ft, Metro is 104,863 sq ft in land area. 346 units for A. Sky and 382 units for metropolitan so density is about the same. A. Sky can be built higher to 163m though, metro height capped at 153m.
    thanks for the info
    agree
    those that even buy 1000 psf are at risk of losing money

Sold mine slightly above $1000psf but heard some people sold even higher hahaha

Seems like the trend now is the nearer to MRT (or maybe mrt track in some cases .. OMG!) the better ....
    Else, how to explain this one > 1K psf when other FH projects around tiong bahru area selling for less? In fact, even a FH project (e.g. The Regency @ TB) also already appearing expensive (maybe cost less for being further away fr MRT, more tuck-in?) .. haiz.. talk about LH99 with a track hugging it!

i guess there may be some attributes in addition to distance from mrt which determines the psf:

1) some of the 2 bedroom units at metropolitan are really small at less than 800 sq ft, in comparison, the 3 regency series at tiong bahru are all easily 900+ to 980 sq ft.

2) some units at metropolitan indeed have sea/port/sentosa view. in comparison, 1 block of R@TB will be blocked by upcoming 40 storey hdb right behind it so no seaview for them.

3) because of recent completion for metro and nice "hot" timing now, prices get chased up at metro. the same might happen at R@TB when its completed but for now, interest is still low.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Seems like the trend now is the nearer to MRT (or maybe mrt track in some cases .. OMG!) the better ....
    Else, how to explain this one > 1K psf when other FH projects around tiong bahru area selling for less? In fact, even a FH project (e.g. The Regency @ TB) also already appearing expensive (maybe cost less for being further away fr MRT, more tuck-in?) .. haiz.. talk about LH99 with a track hugging it!

Pal where did u get the info on height capped at how many metres. Do u mind sharing? Tks

i had to go to the ura website and dig back their site launch info when ura launched the sites for sale to developers. it is stated then how big the land size is and how tall it can be built up to. i can't remember for metro its 2005 or 2006 archive and A. Sky is prob 2007 archive.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Pal where did u get the info on height capped at how many metres. Do u mind sharing? Tks

i guess there may be some attributes in addition to distance from mrt which determines the psf:

1) some of the 2 bedroom units at metropolitan are really small at less than 800 sq ft, in comparison, the 3 regency series at tiong bahru are all easily 900+ to 980 sq ft.

2) some units at metropolitan indeed have sea/port/sentosa view. in comparison, 1 block of R@TB will be blocked by upcoming 40 storey hdb right behind it so no seaview for them.

3) because of recent completion for metro and nice "hot" timing now, prices get chased up at metro. the same might happen at R@TB when its completed but for now, interest is still low.
    oic ... hmmmm .. But R@TB is FH rite ... maybe it's less 'favourable' due to its proximity to CTE oso ...

yah, lol @ 'hot' timing ..

yup, i don't know why but many people are not differentiating between FH and 99 these days. Oh yeah, the block which is not blocked by the upcoming hdb is beside the CTE . BUT UOL did promise 270 degree view lah. So for that block beside CTE still have 270 degree view. that block which will have hdb blocking one side left 180 degree view

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    oic ... hmmmm .. But R@TB is FH rite ... maybe it's less 'favourable' due to its proximity to CTE oso ...

yah, lol @ 'hot' timing ..

The reason for the price difference is the total cost for the unit.

Eg. Metro Samll 2 bedroom unit at 786 sqft unit at $1000psf is $786K. R@TB 980sqft unit at $1000psf is $980K. Due to the high quantum, many are not willing to commit above $850K, therefore, asking price of R@TB will be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    The reason for the price difference is the total cost for the unit.

Eg. Metro Samll 2 bedroom unit at 786 sqft unit at $1000psf is $786K. R@TB 980sqft unit at $1000psf is $980K. Due to the high quantum, many are not willing to commit above $850K, therefore, asking price of R@TB will be lower.
    Agree with this. The buyers are sensitive to absolute quantum. This is the same why 99LH 2br 840sqft at 8@W can sell at > 800psf with absolute quantum btn 650-720k. You can also buy at 850psf for FH units at same area but those units are larger so you must fork out > 850k. The smaller the unit the higher the psf. Stuido at 8@W and SouthBank are transacting at > 1,000 psf.

Anyone had stepped into the completed units of metro? How's the mrt noise for the tangling facing units?

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Anyone had stepped into the completed units of metro? How's the mrt noise for the tangling facing units?
    I never notice the mrt noise at all for the units facing tanglin.

reckon you really have to go for a viewing of this "Madtropolitan" to get a overall feel of the surroundings and the property.
    standing on the ground level near the children playground u will be subjected to noise of timely (thanks to "world-class" SMRT) arrivals and departures of the trains.
    yes, you can feel the breeze but i bet half of those come from the bulleting trains.
    and yes its quite a daunting task keeping the scores for a game of tennis.
    finally yes, you might be in a "sound-proof" (subject to changes) gym but once u step out to the outside, welcome to Madtropolitan!

I went for one viewing of a high-floor unit(stack 1) and i promise u hardly hear anything from the trains below. But ask yourself do u really want to spend all your spare time hole up in your sky-view appartment?

just from my experience which i think is quite difficult to forget...

the quieter the surroundings especially say at nite, for sure the more pronounced the mrt noise will be..

kinda contradictory right? the noisier the surroundings the less obvious the mrt noise haha

then must buy metro liao. with construction of Ass censure Sai starting soon, the surroundings will be noisy enough so you won't hear the mrt noise

Quote Originally Posted by august
    the quieter the surroundings especially say at nite, for sure the more pronounced the mrt noise will be..

kinda contradictory right? the noisier the surroundings the less obvious the mrt noise haha

Quote Originally Posted by bolim
    and yes its quite a daunting task keeping the scores for a game of tennis.
    I used to play tennis opposite Yio Chu Kang Station. The place was always packed! I wonder why some many tennis player like to play opposite a MRT station?

I agree with those people that highlight the sound from MRT. I was there last night at 10+. Every few mins there is a train to and fro. It is really disturbing. I was wondering how are the families at 2-6 floors facing the playground direct view MRT track going to cope? hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by esurprise
    I agree with those people that highlight the sound from MRT. I was there last night at 10+. Every few mins there is a train to and fro. It is really disturbing. I was wondering how are the families at 2-6 floors facing the playground direct view MRT track going to cope? hmmm
    so cool .... every few minutes ...the view outside changes ...

I went to view a few units at The Metropolitan this weekend. Must say the high floors facing the north have impressive view and windy. As for the units facing the South, unless the units are super high enough to clear the HDB and MRT trembling noise, many will find them undesirable.

Finishing wise, living room flooring appears like homogeneous tiles to me. The construction quality appears reasonably good to my untrained eye although the material may not be the premium choice (like marble) but still tastfully designed.

I didn't see for myself but was told that MRT tracks actually run above the children's playground through the property. Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by wmwa
    I went to view a few units at The Metropolitan this weekend. Must say the high floors facing the north have impressive view and windy. As for the units facing the South, unless the units are super high enough to clear the HDB and MRT trembling noise, many will find them undesirable.

Finishing wise, living room flooring appears like homogeneous tiles to me. The construction quality appears reasonably good to my untrained eye although the material may not be the premium choice (like marble) but still tastfully designed.

I didn't see for myself but was told that MRT tracks actually run above the children's playground through the property. Mmmm...
    Ya, you are right. The children playground are right under the MRT tracks. Metropolitan is the nearest to MRT condo in singapore.

How much is the asking psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Ya, you are right. The children playground are right under the MRT tracks. Metropolitan is the nearest to MRT condo in singapore.

How much is the asking psf?
    Caspian certain block is also very near to mrt track.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Caspian certain block is also very near to mrt track.
    near, but still not under.

Smile

Hi I am new here and find the discussion very interesting. I am actually quite keen on the Metro as it serves my family's needs quite well (near town and near MRT, we do not intend to get a car). We are now living overseas and plan to return early next year... just wondering if anyone can advise: how much psf is Metro asking now? we are interested in a large unit 3 or 4 BR...how much rent is Metro asking now?

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by octagon
    Hi I am new here and find the discussion very interesting. I am actually quite keen on the Metro as it serves my family's needs quite well (near town and near MRT, we do not intend to get a car). We are now living overseas and plan to return early next year... just wondering if anyone can advise: how much psf is Metro asking now? we are interested in a large unit 3 or 4 BR...how much rent is Metro asking now?

Thanks for your help!
    I think the asking price is $900psf to $1100psf depending of stack and floor.

A low floor unit I viewed actually had a closeup view of the MRT tracks running across the bedroom window just metres away at eye level. Gosh, everyday, the MRT commuters can look closeup into that bedroom then.

Quote Originally Posted by wmwa
    A low floor unit I viewed actually had a closeup view of the MRT tracks running across the bedroom window just metres away at eye level. Gosh, everyday, the MRT commuters can look closeup into that bedroom then.
    perfect for exhibitionist ...

market at 1200 psf quick .. not many units with this view .. in and out ...

people should seriously think again about Ascentia

seems after A Sky comes into the picture
    the asking prices for Metro have weakened
    which means not many flipping are successful

Metro's finishing is very poor for a project asking for 1100 psf +

it will return back to the 800s when market does correction

when, who knows!