Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kovan Residences (D19, 99 years Leasehold, Duchess Development)

Advertisment today shows KR 3rm from $660/sqft..... up $20/sqft

Quote Originally Posted by Fishsee
    Advertisment today shows KR 3rm from $660/sqft..... up $20/sqft
    KR only have 20 3-room units left, from 830k-900k+. Mass market condo is more closely associated with income of the middle class rather than sentiment/FH vs LH. IMO, the resistance level is about 800k. Once the absolute quantum is above 800k, there will be few takers. The fact that Caspian is selling like hot cakes is bcos even the 3-room flats are selling below 800k.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    KR only have 20 3-room units left, from 830k-900k+. Mass market condo is more closely associated with income of the middle class rather than sentiment/FH vs LH. IMO, the resistance level is about 800k. Once the absolute quantum is above 800k, there will be few takers. The fact that Caspian is selling like hot cakes is bcos even the 3-room flats are selling below 800k.
    you have any ideal what is the resistance level for luxury segment like sail and mbr?

how about mid-tier like those in D15 east coast...

Opinoin only...

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    you have any ideal what is the resistance level for luxury segment like sail and mbr?

how about mid-tier like those in D15 east coast...

Opinoin only...
    Well, high end market, 1 million = 1 peanut

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    in a normal mkt scenario .. FH willbe 15-20 pct more expensive then 99yr ...

i guess the florence rd one is using KR as a reference to set their selling price ..

note : i dont think even the FH at florence is worth that price
    Correct. Normal uplift is about 15-20 pct more.

Even if FH prices drop, you would have to look at individual developments to determine if it is a good buy. The recent FH launch at Florence Road, I really hate it from a few points:

(1) Car owners can only travel one direction. Typical scenario for traffic jam.

(2) Showroom not available due to construction cost. A couple of developments seem to be going towards this model (e.g. Parc Aston).

Quote Originally Posted by 0412
    lets hope that its not another trick employed by those agents..
    This is true. The price is already adjusted due to the demand. The unit that I was looking at is taken up and the unit 3 levels below is going for a higher price!

Too bad, I have taken this development out of my list as there are not much choices left.

One lesson though. If you like the development and have a unit of your choice and it is within your budget, go for it. In some ways, buying a condo is like going to the wet market. The early birds pay higher and get to choose the fresh ones. The late birds will get a cheaper one but have less to choose from.

Only in stock trading, there is no differentiation between buying first or later. Only price is a factor.

i was at the showroom when it was 640psf but agent said only left w 700psf. Yesterday they advertised 660psf. Is this new selling tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoh72
    i was at the showroom when it was 640psf but agent said only left w 700psf. Yesterday they advertised 660psf. Is this new selling tactic.
    I believe the lower price is for low floors (e.g. 2nd - 3rd floor). I remember also asking about the ground floor unit and it was then < $640 psf.

Default Kovan Residences - 4 brm worth the buy?

Visited the showroom a number of times. Really liked the 4 brms units. I have quoted around 1.174 mil for lower floor pool facing unit. a I have 2 kids, my parents and a maid staying in. 164 Sqm is generous.

Will I be able to get something close to the requirements, with proximity to MRT, ammenities etc for the same price?

Does anyone know when they are going to launch the remaining stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by stanchan
    Visited the showroom a number of times. Really liked the 4 brms units. I have quoted around 1.174 mil for lower floor pool facing unit. a I have 2 kids, my parents and a maid staying in. 164 Sqm is generous.

Will I be able to get something close to the requirements, with proximity to MRT, ammenities etc for the same price?

Does anyone know when they are going to launch the remaining stacks?
    Why die die must buy Kovan Residences ?? Why not consider city fringe at Potong Pasir at Woodsleidge close 99 LH property , just 4 mrt to Dhoby Ghaut by Freserscentrepoint , a more reputable developer.

some people swept by mass market OCR craze. U can dangle a bigger n fresher carrot in front of them n they wud still rather go for that small slice of celery.

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Why die die must buy Kovan Residences ?? Why not consider city fringe at Potong Pasir at Woodsleidge close 99 LH property , just 4 mrt to Dhoby Ghaut by Freserscentrepoint , a more reputable developer.
    $1.17Mil for 165sqm development at Potong Pasir? I do not think possible. If for that price can get such a large unit at Kovan Residence, I think there are people who will buy.

It has been quite some time since I visited this show flat. Does anybody know whether stack 21 & 29 3 beders have been released? These are those without pool view and facing the main road. Previously I was told by the agent that they were not released.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    It has been quite some time since I visited this show flat. Does anybody know whether stack 21 & 29 3 beders have been released? These are those without pool view and facing the main road. Previously I was told by the agent that they were not released.
    Just went down on Sat. not released. The stack at the corner.

Yup, the units closer to Lowland Road have not been released. Prices have increased.

I was told that some units were even withdrawn, in anticipation of better selling prices. Given nearby project at Woodleigh experienced sellout success, it is strange that the KR developers are not cashing in on current buying wave to clear their stock. Are those UOB remiser developers so rich that they can hold off much longer??

They seem oblivious to competition... a little frustrating for interested buyers like me. I still want a 1765 sqft 4 bedder at 600++ psf!!! Hoping for another price drop soon.

Does anyone know how many % have been launched or sold?

Quote Originally Posted by stanchan
    Yup, the units closer to Lowland Road have not been released. Prices have increased.

I was told that some units were even withdrawn, in anticipation of better selling prices. Given nearby project at Woodleigh experienced sellout success, it is strange that the KR developers are not cashing in on current buying wave to clear their stock. Are those UOB remiser developers so rich that they can hold off much longer??

They seem oblivious to competition... a little frustrating for interested buyers like me. I still want a 1765 sqft 4 bedder at 600++ psf!!! Hoping for another price drop soon.

Does anyone know how many % have been launched or sold?
    I'm not too sure the exact percantage.

But 2BR all sold out. released 3BR left a handful. Left than 10units. All above 1 MILLION DOLLARS. Coz i'm looking at a 3BR.

4BR should still have but prices are NOT dropping!

Latest news is that the showrooms are closing to make way for construction of the final stacks. My agent told me that the remaining ~20% units are mostly 4-bedders and may be withheld till TOP. The developers have probably exceeded their break-even targets and in no hurry to sell cheap. Seems that most of the buyers are stayers so I don't think there will be much market action for this project till TOP.

Construction is fast and furious though... IMHO, may complete ahead of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by vinc1281
    I'm not too sure the exact percantage.

But 2BR all sold out. released 3BR left a handful. Left than 10units. All above 1 MILLION DOLLARS. Coz i'm looking at a 3BR.

4BR should still have but prices are NOT dropping!

Default Congestion build up along the main road

KR is too congested from the main road. Always jammed during peak hours getting into the slip road. Otherwise, the place is great.

Default Congestion build up along the main road

KR is too congested from the main road. Always jammed during peak hours getting into the slip road. Otherwise, the place is great.

Anyone has bought this development here? Care to share which stacks are better and reasons why you chose this condo?

This forum seems a bit quiet nowadays. The construction for KR is progressing well. TOP maybe in 4Q 2010?

Its quiet because there's not much interest in this project now. Left big units and perhaps people are more interested in Double Bay Residence.

Viewed this project much earlier before their price reduction and I must say it is still expansive as compared to others. This is mainly for self stay folks and not much activity is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Its quiet because there's not much interest in this project now. Left big units and perhaps people are more interested in Double Bay Residence.

Viewed this project much earlier before their price reduction and I must say it is still expansive as compared to others. This is mainly for self stay folks and not much activity is expected.
    Agreed but after the price drop it was deemed much more affordable and there were many buyers. As a result, as you pointed out only left the big units. Now asking $880 psf from advertisements.

frankly if you intend to stay, I think a development with lesser speculators will be more welcomed.

Traffic already "inch-step-difficult-move" ( choon-bu-lan-Yi ) already, cannot imagine when TOP. Poor URA/LTA foresight....

Quote Originally Posted by echotrain
    frankly if you intend to stay, I think a development with lesser speculators will be more welcomed.
    Yes, agreed...

Didn't like Low land road name and the land is actually quite low... lowest there if I am not wrong. Not sure if there are any risk of flooding in the future. They didn't build the elevated expressway for no reason... good up to the exit point... that's why jammed up... may need to extend the elevated expressway to clear the conjestion.

Wasn't looking for a place to stay. So gave it a miss and was right in doing so. They did reduce price afterall. However, prices are increased again so no point. Some unhappy owners made. 4 bedders for HDB upgraders in future. Sell away 2 HDBs and live in one 4 Bedders together (multi generation).

Yes, I think flooding may have occurred in the past. That's why it's called Lowland Rd. But, I know of somebody who has lived in the area for the past 30 years. He has never seen a flood. It would be disastrous if there is a flood now because of the underground Kovan MRT. So, I am very sure the authorities would have planned carefully.
    From URA's Masterplan 2008, there will be at least another 3 more condo development in the area, all next to the Kovan MRT or within 5 mins walking distance.

Those who worry about flood has no local knowledge. There are much lower ground further down to Wing Tai Factory. The only comment I have on KR is best described by my friend: If you forgot to bring you key, you can climb up to your unit by doing Jacky Chan stunt using both hands and legs on the walls of two adjacent block

Yes, didnt have local knowledge, flooding should be in the past. Not likely to happen especially with mrt near to it. However.... Low land road name stays.

If I am not wrong, Kovan Residences site used to be Simon Road market. The Upp Serangoon Road area used to be prone to floods and there was a monsoon drain built alongside the road to ease the flood. That said, we are in 2009... have never seen a flood in that area lah.

The issue to me is not with the proximity of the adjacent blocks - this is quite typical in new condos these days - many others look like slab blocks. The problem I think is the adundant floor to ceiling windows that may compromise privacy - wonder if the developers provide frosted windows at the sides...

Yes, didnt have local knowledge, flooding should be in the past. Not likely to happen especially with mrt near to it. However.... Low land road name stays.