Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Livia (D18, 99 years Leasehold, CDL)

Sniper Guest

If you consider buying Livia, you should also consider Ris Grandeur.
    Eventhough it's slightly further from MRT, I would say it's cheap considering its FREEHOLD status.

I myself just realise this Ris Grandeur project after viewing Livia show flat.
    I initially thought Livia is a good buy but now I am consider Ris Grandeur is even better as it is FREEHOLD.

I think it's very rare to find high rise condo with freehold status, many freehold projects are low rise.
    What's more it's ready unit and just 2 years old.

Unregistered135 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HDB heartlanders

If you can remember Ken Air case in 1999.
    What about Ken Air case in 1999?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    If you consider buying Livia, you should also consider Ris Grandeur.
    Eventhough it's slightly further from MRT, I would say it's cheap considering its FREEHOLD status.

I initially thought Livia is a good buy but now I am consider Ris Grandeur is even better as it is FREEHOLD.

I think it's very rare to find high rise condo with freehold status, many freehold projects are low rise.
    Yes i too agree with your saying. I went to Ris Grandeur once when i was viewing Livia thru my agent. I kind off fall in love with Ris Grandeur and its design. It gave me a resort theme feeling.

KK1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Router
    Yes i too agree with your saying. I went to Ris Grandeur once when i was viewing Livia thru my agent. I kind off fall in love with Ris Grandeur and its design. It gave me a resort theme feeling.
    But I personally think that Ris Grandeur is great if you were living in retirement. For working couples, location a bit far from MRT. But do not mind staying in Ris once retire. Pasir Ris quite nice place to be for retirement despite many people complaining about its far location from City. But it is still better than certain City Fringe projects as more tranquil......instead of constant noise and air pollution.

I heard friend mentioned that Livia parking lots is not one to one. Dunno how true is it. Livia owners can share?

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KK1
    But I personally think that Ris Grandeur is great if you were living in retirement. For working couples, location a bit far from MRT. But do not mind staying in Ris once retire. Pasir Ris quite nice place to be for retirement despite many people complaining about its far location from City. But it is still better than certain City Fringe projects as more tranquil......instead of constant noise and air pollution.

I heard friend mentioned that Livia parking lots is not one to one. Dunno how true is it. Livia owners can share?

I tried to measure how long it takes to walk from Ris Grandeur to MRT, it took me 15 mins (Livia to MRT 9 mins).

I think taking MRT ride from Pasir Ris to city is better than from Simei, Tanah Merah, Bedok, etc.
    It is couple of minutes longer, but it's worth it because you have good guarantee that you will get a seat

I stay in Kembangan and I always stand up in the train all along both when I go to office as well as coming back (
    MRT is always very crowded these days (

no logic Guest

move from kembanan to end of island just to secure a seat in MRT. strange thinking.

I tried to measure how long it takes to walk from Ris Grandeur to MRT, it took me 15 mins (Livia to MRT 9 mins).

I think taking MRT ride from Pasir Ris to city is better than from Simei, Tanah Merah, Bedok, etc.
    It is couple of minutes longer, but it's worth it because you have good guarantee that you will get a seat

I stay in Kembangan and I always stand up in the train all along both when I go to office as well as coming back (

Ris Guest

You should buy bicycle instead of walking if you need to go to city on a daily basis for working....that will only cost you 3-4 mins to MRT.
    Many people living in Pasir Ris use bicycle....it's handy and healthy.
    As alternative, there are also many direct buses from there to important locations.

Here is another good thing be it you buy Livia or Ris Grandeur......not many people know that it is actually quite near to the beach (Pasir Ris Park)....just around 5 mins by cycling or 2 bus stop. If you just want to walk for sport.... probably 15-20 mins.

Unregistered135 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by no logic
    move from kembanan to end of island just to secure a seat in MRT. strange thinking.
    Actually not strange.... I stay in Pasir Ris, and take the train to work in the central area everyday. In the morning.. even when I board the train I cannot get a seat because there are people who take the train from tampines/simei down first. But I am at least guaranteed "standing space".

Occasionally, after Bedok, the train is so packed that people cannot board and have to wait for the next train (I'm not sure if its the same case with the next train). But very frequently, by the time the train reaches Aljunied and Kallang, there is simply no standing space at all.

I always see the frustrated faces of those that are not able to board the train, and consider how much better off those staying at the edge are, compared to those nearer to city, considering both do not want to own a car.

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by no logic

It might sounds funny and trivial.
    But if you think again, this is something that you will have on a daily basis, so it does matter.

TheTropica Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Router
    Why don't go over to The Tropica, next to Temasek Poly. The is life in the resort living, surrounded by the Reservoir, Quarry and feel the constant breezy winds.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheTropica
    Why don't go over to The Tropica, next to Temasek Poly. The is life in the resort living, surrounded by the Reservoir, Quarry and feel the constant breezy winds.....
    If i plan for my children to go for Poly, i may consider that. Meridian Junior College is just beside RG ..i think.

Originally Posted by no logic

Hmm...if you take MRT everyday to work, getting a seat matters alot.

Take note Guest

Default New condos up to 20% less carpark lots

Quote Originally Posted by KK1
    New developments after 15 Dec 2005 are not obliged to provide 1 carpark lot to 1 unit. They may provide up to 20% less. So for small developments, there is a high chance you can't get a parking lot. For big developments, the chance of not getting a lot is lower but visitors will still have problems with parking in the development.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...g_standard.htm

tanny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Take note
    New developments after 15 Dec 2005 are not obliged to provide 1 carpark lot to 1 unit. They may provide up to 20% less. So for small developments, there is a high chance you can't get a parking lot. For big developments, the chance of not getting a lot is lower but visitors will still have problems with parking in the development.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...g_standard.htm
    Goodness, are you sure? than how many carpark lots are there? should I consider Livia. Please advice. THANKS

Ris Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tanny
    Goodness, are you sure? than how many carpark lots are there? should I consider Livia. Please advice. THANKS

Ris Grandeur comes with 2 parking lots for each unit.

Unknown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheTropica
    I have heard about this project, is it freehold or leasehold?

Tropica Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    I have heard about this project, is it freehold or leasehold?
    This is a 500+ unit project, mostly owner occupied and some tenanted out. I do not see much of selling. Most owners stayed on and love the place.
    Walking distance from the Prime Supermart and other amenities. Surround the the reservoir which offers so much fun fill activities like Forest adventures, cycling/skating, canoeing, etc...
    It is also beside the Tampines Quarry which you can have an adventureous hike....
    The upcoming United World College will be just 1 Km away. ....

Livia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tropica
    This is a 500+ unit project, mostly owner occupied and some tenanted out. I do not see much of selling. Most owners stayed on and love the place.
    Walking distance from the Prime Supermart and other amenities. Surround the the reservoir which offers so much fun fill activities like Forest adventures, cycling/skating, canoeing, etc...
    It is also beside the Tampines Quarry which you can have an adventureous hike....
    The upcoming United World College will be just 1 Km away. ....

If I were given a choice between Tropica and Livia, I will surely go for Livia.
    It has one unbeatable advantage that it has much better access to public transport (i.e. MRT and bus station).

8047 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Livia
    If I were given a choice between Tropica and Livia, I will surely go for Livia.
    It has one unbeatable advantage that it has much better access to public transport (i.e. MRT and bus station).
    For me, definitely Tropica.... quiet and peaceful, spacious and breezy. Fresher air (I believe)

Livia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 8047
    For me, definitely Tropica.... quiet and peaceful, spacious and breezy. Fresher air (I believe)
    I think Livia also has all the above that you mention.

The only thing that Livia doesn't have compared to Tropica is the reservoir, but then Livia has Pasir Ris Park beach.
    In addition to MRT and bus station, it's near to big shopping mall (Whitesand).
    Also Livia is 99 yrs, but Tropica is 92 yrs (Tropica is already 7 yrs old).

Sniper Guest

I think Livia also has all the above that you mention.

The only thing that Livia doesn't have compared to Tropica is the reservoir, but then Livia has Pasir Ris Park beach.
    In addition to MRT and bus station, it's near to big shopping mall (Whitesand).
    Also Livia is 99 yrs, but Tropica is 92 yrs (Tropica is already 7 yrs old).

If you really concern about 99 yrs vs 92 yrs, I think you should consider Ris Grandeur.
    It's nearby Livia and it's FREEHOLD.

I initially thought Livia is a good buy but now I am considering Ris Grandeur is even better as it is FREEHOLD.

Question Don't know what,when, where to buy?

If you really concern about 99 yrs vs 92 yrs, I think you should consider Ris Grandeur.
    It's nearby Livia and it's FREEHOLD.

I initially thought Livia is a good buy but now I am considering Ris Grandeur is even better as it is FREEHOLD.

Have you seen any unit inside? Heard all rooms with balconies- take up most of the space. Wonder why build balcony for every room, cheaper to construct?? Quite similar to Livia. Only thing they are planterbox for Livia.

Seen many units at Bedok Reservoir as well. Tropica is far from all facilities except a good reservoir view. Not even a mama shop. With some sand breeze and buzzy noise from the busy road. Waterfront Waves one of the best design I ever seen and near reservoir and facilities, maybe future MRT. Like it very much but a bit too expensive.
    cheers...

Near Tropica Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting to Buy
    Have you seen any unit inside? Heard all rooms with balconies- take up most of the space. Wonder why build balcony for every room, cheaper to construct?? Quite similar to Livia. Only thing they are planterbox for Livia.

Seen many units at Bedok Reservoir as well. Tropica is far from all facilities except a good reservoir view. Not even a mama shop. With some sand breeze and buzzy noise from the busy road. Waterfront Waves one of the best design I ever seen and near reservoir and facilities, maybe future MRT. Like it very much but a bit too expensive.
    Yes you are right, there is no mama shop nearby. However, there is a convenient shop at Caltex station just across the entrance. There are a number of shops (market, stationery, coffee shops, etc just beside the HDBs (you won't be able to see them along Tampines Ave 1 as they are hidden by the HDB flats).

Freehold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting to Buy

It's not true that the price for The Tropice is expensive, if you check URA website, we can see there are many units selling below 600 psf whereas alsmost all units in Livia are above 650 psf.

And remember that for all 99 yrs leasehold project, normally the price will start to decline after 10 yrs all the way until it is having no value at all after 99 yrs.

Smart buyers always take into account the remaining years of lease when buying 99 yrs lease project in sub-sale market. This is psychologycal reason because when buying 10 yrs old condo, they know that they actually pay for the remaining 89 yrs (no longer 99 yrs) hence they expect lower price.

Livia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Near Tropica
    Yes you are right, there is no mama shop nearby. However, there is a convenient shop at Caltex station just across the entrance. There are a number of shops (market, stationery, coffee shops, etc just beside the HDBs (you won't be able to see them along Tampines Ave 1 as they are hidden by the HDB flats).

I would certainly prefer going to big shopping mall rather than HDB shops )

Livia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freehold
    It's not true that the price for The Tropice is expensive, if you check URA website, we can see there are many units selling below 600 psf whereas alsmost all units in Livia are above 650 psf.

And remember that for all 99 yrs leasehold project, normally the price will start to decline after 10 yrs all the way until it is having no value at all after 99 yrs.

Smart buyers always take into account the remaining years of lease when buying 99 yrs lease project in sub-sale market. This is psychologycal reason because when buying 10 yrs old condo, they know that they actually pay for the remaining 89 yrs (no longer 99 yrs) hence they expect lower price.

Eventhough Livia is 99 yrs, the price is considered cheap, really good value for money.
    Most new launched projects are selling above 700-800 psf.
    Some comparable projects are The Quarts and Bishan Clover by The Park.

Agito1 Guest

Eventhough Livia is 99 yrs, the price is considered cheap, really good value for money.
    But The Quartz is just a stone's throw to the MRT. So it is even more value for money when compared to Livia. Plus prices may drop another 2%-3% for next few quarters.

Anyway, someone mentioned property prices will drop after 10 years old. This is not true. As a matter of fact, prices go higher. Even more valuable if near MRT.

Most likely prices will decline only after more than 30 years.

Livia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Agito1
    But The Quartz is just a stone's throw to the MRT. So it is even more value for money when compared to Livia. Plus prices may drop another 2%-3% for next few quarters.

Anyway, someone mentioned property prices will drop after 10 years old. This is not true. As a matter of fact, prices go higher. Even more valuable if near MRT.

Most likely prices will decline only after more than 30 years.

Livia is not as near to MRT as the Quarts, but it's still near.
    Livia is 8 mins away whereas The Quarts is 3 mins away.

But eventhough both near MRT, there is significant different though if you work near city (City Hall & Raffles Place).

For The Quarts owner, you rarely get a seat plus you need to change train in DhobyGaut and that could take you 3-5 mins to change from Purple to Red MRT line.

But of course if you don't work in city or rarely go there then it's not a big deal.

Unregistered234 Guest

For a 99 yr leasehold, Livia depreciates by 6.57 psf every year. Hehe..

Property Analyst Guest

See the below articles, congrats to all condo owners near MRT:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=4922

I think just want to add the below point.

When comparing condos near MRT, we can't just blindly compare it by how long it takes to walk to the nearest MRT station.

For example, many people keep saying that The Quarts is better as compared to Livia because it's just 3 mins away to MRT whereas Livia is 8 mins.

I think it depends, if you work in city (City Hall & Raffles Place), then I would say Livia is better because you don't need to change train.
    You need to walk 3-5 mins to change train alone, not to mention the waiting time for the next train.
    Also most of the time you get a seat when you ride from Pasir Ris MRT, this is not the case for Buangkok MRT.

If you work in Dhoby Gaut or Harbourfront, then The Quarts is surely better.

All these factors need to be taken into account, each buyer need to carefully match with their own needs (especially where they work).
    As you can read from the article itself, you can conclude that each MRT station has different value.

What? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered234
    For a 99 yr leasehold, Livia depreciates by 6.57 psf every year. Hehe..
    ... and the conclusion is?