Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: Livia (D18, 99 years Leasehold, CDL)

City Dev's private preview for Livia (at suburban Pasir Ris)
    over the weekend. More than 200 units (out of a total
    of 724 units for the development) were launched at the private preview,
    including some additional 2-bedroom units that were launched on Sunday by
    City Dev following strong sales on Saturday for such units, and we also
    believe that more than 150 units have been sold over the weekend. Visitors had to queue to
    park their cars within the compound, which had about 100 carpark lots,
    with some choosing to park at the nearby HDB estate instead.
    2-bedroom units (around 900-1,150 sqft) were retailing at around S$750 psf
    while larger units (around 1,250-1950 sqft) were going at around S$650
    psf. The buyer profile tended to be HDB upgraders as well as a handful of
    new homeowners.

This strong response coincides with our positive view on the property market, that
    the mass-market segment will continue to maintain some form of resilience
    in the current economic conditions, supported by strong demand from the
    HDB upgrader pool, given continued activity within the HDB resale market.
    We believe that if sale numbers continue to be sustained in coming months,
    it would encourage a re-rating in the property sector. Sustained numbers
    should also boost interest within the physical market as well.
    City Dev is Singapore's largest listed real estate developer and is regarded as a
    proxy to the Singapore residential market.
    Livia's site sits on part of City Dev's legacy landbank at Pasir Ris, which
    includes other 99-year leasehold sites as well as a 999-year leasehold
    site close to Livia. As much of this Pasir Ris landbank was agricultural
    land which City Dev converted to residential use (with the payment of a
    development premium to the State), its overall land cost is low which
    ultimately pass the cost saving to the buyers.

City Dev's private preview for Livia (at suburban Pasir Ris)
    over the weekend. More than 200 units (out of a total
    of 724 units for the development) were launched at the private preview,
    including some additional 2-bedroom units that were launched on Sunday by
    City Dev following strong sales on Saturday for such units, and we also
    believe that more than 150 units have been sold over the weekend. Visitors had to queue to
    park their cars within the compound, which had about 100 carpark lots,
    with some choosing to park at the nearby HDB estate instead.
    2-bedroom units (around 900-1,150 sqft) were retailing at around S$750 psf
    while larger units (around 1,250-1950 sqft) were going at around S$650
    psf. The buyer profile tended to be HDB upgraders as well as a handful of
    new homeowners.

This strong response coincides with our positive view on the property market, that
    the mass-market segment will continue to maintain some form of resilience
    in the current economic conditions, supported by strong demand from the
    HDB upgrader pool, given continued activity within the HDB resale market.
    We believe that if sale numbers continue to be sustained in coming months,
    it would encourage a re-rating in the property sector. Sustained numbers
    should also boost interest within the physical market as well.
    City Dev is Singapore's largest listed real estate developer and is regarded as a
    proxy to the Singapore residential market.
    Livia's site sits on part of City Dev's legacy landbank at Pasir Ris, which
    includes other 99-year leasehold sites as well as a 999-year leasehold
    site close to Livia. As much of this Pasir Ris landbank was agricultural
    land which City Dev converted to residential use (with the payment of a
    development premium to the State), its overall land cost is low which
    ultimately pass the cost saving to the buyers.

Unregistered6 Guest

please la...starting price at Livia is 570 psf

Unregistered345 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happybuyer
    Bought already ... happy with it. Crowd was madness.....
    congrats for owning a new home.

Unregistered123 Guest

was at the show room yesterday. yes, it's more crowded than I expected but it's not like there was car queue or you cannot get parking lot.

the whole condo layout looks quite similar to botania. but I cannot say the same for the material quality.

To be frank, for a far east property and LH99, I feel the 650-700 psf a little too hard to justify. 570 - 600 psf seems more reasonable, to me.

Unregistered6 Guest

yesterday was a monday, although it was also Youth Day...maybe many teachers were there cos they didn't have to work : )

anyways, to each his/her own, what you see as expensive may be seen as a fair price to pay for such a condominium. I was at the showflats and I thought the quality was quite good for the price

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...86831,00.html?

Published July 8, 2008

Varying pace of sales at recently released projects

Most private homes register slower sales at the weekend

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

DEVELOPERS selling private homes had a mixed bag of results at the weekend.

Strong sales: The 99-year-leasehold Livia in Pasir Ris, where previews started last Friday, has chalked up relatively strong sales of 160 units

The 99-year-leasehold Livia in Pasir Ris, where previews started last Friday, has chalked up relatively strong sales of 160 units at an average of $650 per square foot (psf).

But sales were slower for most other recently released projects.

At Kovan Residences, another 20-plus units were sold at the weekend, taking total sales to more than 80 since the 99-year-leasehold project next to Kovan MRT Station was previewed at a private party on June 28.

The average price is between $870 and $900 psf.

Riding on the buying interest in Kovan Residences, MCL Land accelerated the preview of its 50-unit D-Pavilion, a freehold condo on Upper Serangoon Road slightly further away from Kovan MRT. It sold 10 units on Saturday and Sunday at an average price of $900 psf.

In Bishan, Sim Lian found buyers for another 59 units last week at its Clover By The Park condo, taking total sales to 254 since it previewed the 616-unit project on June 25.

The average price for the 99-year-leasehold project is $750 psf. Sim Lian also sold four units at The Amery in Telok Kurau last week, taking the total to 31 of the 78 units in the freehold development. The average price is $860 psf.

NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee Investment sold another 10 units at the weekend at Dakota Residences. The sales tally is 161 for the 348-unit, 99-year condo that is currently selling at an average price of $980 psf.

Commenting on the varying pace of sales, a developer said it is not unusual for transactions to taper off after the first weekend or two weekends of a launch, after initial demand has expressed itself and choice units are taken up.

Another developer said: 'I think potential buyers are nibbling. If they see a project they like and it's priced attractively, they'll go in. But buyers are very price-sensitive.'

Giving his take, a property consultant suggested: 'I've got the feeling these developers may be slowly pushing up prices; so demand has been tapering off.

'Once a developer has sold at least 30-40 per cent of units in a project, it may be slightly more comfortable with cash flow.

'It may then be prepared to sell the rest of the project at a slower pace if it can achieve higher prices.'

A more worrying reason could simply be that demand has dropped.

'People ask themselves: 'With all the global economic uncertainty, do I really need to buy a new home now?' said a market watcher.

City Developments Ltd said yesterday that most of the buyers at Livia are Singaporeans, while foreign buyers come from China, Indonesia, India, Malaysia and the Philippines.

Most people bought for owner occupation. The 160 units sold so far achieved prices of between $570 psf and $740 psf.

Prices start from $597,000 for a two-bedroom unit, $793,000 for a three-bedder and $991,000 for a four-bedder.

Hayden Properties starts to preview The Hamilton Scotts this week.

Prices are expected to start below $3,000 psf, though the average price is expected to be around $3,500 psf.

The freehold project comprises 54 apartments and two penthouses.

Unregistered123 Guest

dun know about you guys but personally, i dun have really good feelings about livia from the first impression. when handed the brochure I thought it was the worst one I ever received. I mean if you have gone to botania or more recently Clover and received the marketing brochure you'll know. I am not comparing to more upmarket condos like one amber. Both Livia and Botania are by CDL. But the brochure quality is so different.

also, vital info are left out (or I need a new pair of specs) on livia's brochure eg. like total number of units.

Unregistered6 Guest

I think they are really catering to the mass market crowd so no point spending too much on marketing. If you purchase a unit, you'll get a hard copy version cos I saw some people carrying that with their happy faces when they walked out of the showflats.

If you look at the brochure carefully, only the released units were printed.

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered6
    I think they are really catering to the mass market crowd so no point spending too much on marketing. If you purchase a unit, you'll get a hard copy version cos I saw some people carrying that with their happy faces when they walked out of the showflats.

If you look at the brochure carefully, only the released units were printed.
    So, what version do people get if they didn't buy any unit?

Unregistered7 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3
    So, what version do people get if they didn't buy any unit?
    hehehe, i got a flimsy 5 or so pages booklet. but unregistered123 is rite, didn't speak very much of the project. yet it's going by almost 700 psf average. Isn't botania and clover also mass market?

Unregistered888 Guest

pasir ris of cos mass market, want exclusive/up market, go to district 9 pls ..

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered7
    hehehe, i got a flimsy 5 or so pages booklet. but unregistered123 is rite, didn't speak very much of the project. yet it's going by almost 700 psf average. Isn't botania and clover also mass market?
    Maybe CDL rushed to launch...no time to print nice brochures...even for mass market, nice brochures are a form of marketing tool...

Unregistered7 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3
    Maybe CDL rushed to launch...no time to print nice brochures...even for mass market, nice brochures are a form of marketing tool...
    hah.....came home, looked at the brochures again. it's made of 2 pieces of long paper folded into 2. That makes 6 pages that include intro, site plan, attractions and layout! The back page was also use for building specifications! Great use of paper! It must really be the greenest condo around!

Clover/botania also targetting mass market mah....the sales guy from clover told me they are targetting HDB upgraders.

Unregistered3 Guest

hah.....came home, looked at the brochures again. it's made of 2 pieces of long paper folded into 2. That makes 6 pages that include intro, site plan, attractions and layout! The back page was also use for building specifications! Great use of paper! It must really be the greenest condo around!

Clover/botania also targetting mass market mah....the sales guy from clover told me they are targetting HDB upgraders.
    HDB upgraders also buyers what. Just because they are HDB upgraders doesn't mean that the developer show lesser "respect" by downgrading the brochure quality...

Penthse Lover Guest

So wat are the sizes for penthouses? and the asking psf? Drawback is 99 yrs...gd enuf to stay for two generations only

ph registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Penthse Lover
    So wat are the sizes for penthouses? and the asking psf? Drawback is 99 yrs...gd enuf to stay for two generations only
    go to www.cdl.com.sg and look for new launches - the entire website of
    Livia with floorplans etc can be found.....

PH are 2 level with large roof terraces. All units have Planter boxes,,,,,, cant figure out why so much planters in every development.

Just heard that URA has changed GFA on bay windows and planters - no more 10% extra GFA.

parisrisnew Guest

Dont miss i

Unregistered6 Guest

There's some new URA ruling regarding planters and bay windows. Wonder how it will affect current and new housing projects....

Unregistered123 Guest

Default Finally URA woke up

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered6
    There's some new URA ruling regarding planters and bay windows. Wonder how it will affect current and new housing projects....
    URA just woke up to the bay window/GFA games! http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.pdf

Does it mean the floor area should exclude the bay windows/planter box? Or at least sell it in 20% of the normal PSF? In some country, the balcony price is only half price of the internal space price! Now a days, every developers in Singapore give a big big balcony, every room with bay window (actually reduce the room size), LIVIA even worse!!! Just give a big big planter, not even balcony! then dear to include all into the floor area, then sell in a sky high price!

Unregistered6 Guest

my personal take is that this may add to construction costs or change in designs of new condos...ie...less bay windows/planters in new condos to come

Unregistered7 Guest

subsales already appearing in newspapers' classifieds...

Unregistered1 Guest

subsales already appearing in newspapers' classifieds...
    Yes. Those bought during the preview. Heard the choice unit bought during the first hour of the preview. Agent told me asking price above 900K. If can flip, the owner can earn very fast $$$$$.

Unregistered7 Guest

wah...wonder if there's any takers since more units are being released for this weekend...wonder what's the sales like for the 4 bedrooms type cos they are the next biggest besides the 12 penthouses

Unregistered1 Guest

wah...wonder if there's any takers since more units are being released for this weekend...wonder what's the sales like for the 4 bedrooms type cos they are the next biggest besides the 12 penthouses
    Heard from my agent that those are the choice units that were sold out during the 1st hour preview. This saturday they are going to launch some other units. My agent advise me to get another 2 room unit for investment. I am still thinking about it as I currently holding two other private condos.

Unregistered7 Guest

thanks for the info. are the units only the smaller ones? If so, the price for these will probably be higher this weekend. I'm looking at the 4 bdrms for staying

Unregistered1 Guest

thanks for the info. are the units only the smaller ones? If so, the price for these will probably be higher this weekend. I'm looking at the 4 bdrms for staying
    Yes, I believe there are still alot of 4 rooms in this new launch. They are all above 1mil. I went there last sunday during the soft launch. It is very spacious and nice. Don't think they will increase the price this weekend. Else, it may scare off some potential buyer.

Uregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    Yes, I believe there are still alot of 4 rooms in this new launch. They are all above 1mil. I went there last sunday during the soft launch. It is very spacious and nice. Don't think they will increase the price this weekend. Else, it may scare off some potential buyer.
    the id works make it look spacious but when u get actual unit it isnt that way - note the long planter area in living dining - its not practical at all - rather have a balcony.

Unregistered7 Guest

to each his own...i actually like the use of the planter in that area because it makes the living/dining room airy and bright.

cut & paste Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ph registered
    go to www.cdl.com.sg and look for new launches - the entire website of
    Livia with floorplans etc can be found.....

PH are 2 level with large roof terraces. All units have Planter boxes,,,,,, cant figure out why so much planters in every development.

Just heard that URA has changed GFA on bay windows and planters - no more 10% extra GFA.
    Planner/Bay window/balcony cost 10% cheaper, but developer sell it as full internal space, that how they make money!!!

See this info:
    ---------------
    URA just woke up to the bay window/GFA games! http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.pdf

Does it mean the floor area should exclude the bay windows/planter box? Or at least sell it in 20% of the normal PSF? In some country, the balcony price is only half price of the internal space price! Now a days, every developers in Singapore give a big big balcony, every room with bay window (actually reduce the room size), LIVIA even worse!!! Just give a big big planter, not even balcony! then dear to include all into the floor area, then sell in a sky high price!