“I stay in Sanctuary Green in Tanjong Rhu,” he adds. “The condo seems to be popular with a lot of the foreign talent, predominantly those in the tech sector — you can tell from their haversacks.”

Buy

Huang’s first investment property, purchased in 2007, was also in Sanctuary Green. He had paid $1.239 million ($1,100 psf) for the 1,119 sq ft, three-bedroom apartment in the 99-year leasehold condo built in 2003. At that time, he was the head of the mortgage sales department at Standard Chartered Bank.

Sell

During the global financial crisis in 2009, a similar-sized unit at Sanctuary Green changed hands for $740,000 ($661 psf). That deal scared Huang, and he eventually sold his investment property for $1.3 million ($1,161 psf) in 2011.

Buy

When the market had softened in 2017, Huang saw the opportunity to purchase a 1,036 sq ft unit at Sanctuary Green — on the second floor of the same stack that he had purchased a decade ago. “I wanted to pick up from where I stumbled,” he says.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...Oq-GdhnwuVGUuI

Huang first purchased a three-bedroom unit at Sanctuary Green in 2007 for $1.239 million and sold it for $1.3 million in 2011. He purchased another three-bedroom unit on a lower floor of the same block in 2017 and lives there now (Photo: Samuel Isaac Chua/EdgeProp Singapore)