View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 899499104109114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Juz came back from defect checking with my contractor....prob have to do it another round 2moro morning...

Anther thing....seems the developer dun allow hacking of exisiting wall?? Funny cuz the showflat was shown with study wall hacked down. I have plan to hack the smallest bed room wall to make the place bigger.

Anyone have experienced this issue?

thanks thanks.. we hope to make it tom..

Quote Originally Posted by queensway
    usually able to do so with bracket. vendor will access the necessary & advise.

Quote Originally Posted by vic
    Juz came back from defect checking with my contractor....prob have to do it another round 2moro morning...

Anther thing....seems the developer dun allow hacking of exisiting wall?? Funny cuz the showflat was shown with study wall hacked down. I have plan to hack the smallest bed room wall to make the place bigger.

Hi Vic, my intention is exactly like urs. But TQ has to wait approx 1 yr for CSC before we can do any hacking. Thus gave up the idea. Wat we learn from the mgmt is : do it after CSC approval.

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Hi Vic, my intention is exactly like urs. But TQ has to wait approx 1 yr for CSC before we can do any hacking. Thus gave up the idea. Wat we learn from the mgmt is : do it after CSC approval.

damn....thats means a change of design...sian

Hi This is Babblemum-

For those who are keen on the bulk purchase of decking n hanger- it would be best to make yourselves available tomorrow. That will give the supplier confidence in what we are saying ie we have 30 owners interestd... Also at some pt- we do haf to know who you are and make sure u are genuine bulk purchase buyer.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by davidcpg2002
    Hi This is Babblemum-

For those who are keen on the bulk purchase of decking n hanger- it would be best to make yourselves available tomorrow. That will give the supplier confidence in what we are saying ie we have 30 owners interestd... Also at some pt- we do haf to know who you are and make sure u are genuine bulk purchase buyer.
    Sure, I will be there if possible thanks for the information

Hi Vic,

Any major defects? Just got the keys this afternoon. Mine seems like mostly uneven flooring, Windows issues, Windows Frame issues etc..... Got the keys late afternoon..... can't really do a decent check as it was raining and sky was dark.......

Plan to continue tmr...

Any major defects to share?

Quote Originally Posted by quartz
    Hi Vic,

Any major defects? Just got the keys this afternoon. Mine seems like mostly uneven flooring, Windows issues, Windows Frame issues etc..... Got the keys late afternoon..... can't really do a decent check as it was raining and sky was dark.......

Plan to continue tmr...

Any major defects to share?
    Plenty!

Must take note the following:

1. Parquet joints especially those near your wardrobe...very rough and uneven...I have even seen one area putty was used to cover up. Need to touch up.

2. Laminate on various cardboard...including kitchen cabinet...some are oready torn...my contractor says must ask them to touch up or else if water goes in then bye bye in few months time.

3. Various scratched surface on window glass, hard table top. Havent even use got liao... Must ask them to re polish again.

4. Kitchen sink....do u know they were held on to the kitchen top by two small screw each?? open up the cabinet door below them and look up...this mean if there is too heavy weight on the sink it will laterally "sink in"

5. Tiles in toilet. Some of them have serious scratches oready.... and those in the living room got one or two got chipped edges

6. Oh...must look at your ceiling too...I have one portion in my 2nd bedroom coming off.

CHEW<

I am at 67 not 69. Not neighour in the same block but neighbour in QUARTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Chews
    yo marshallwan, we are also neighbour...i am at 69 too! #18! My greeting to you!

VIC,

May i know what STACK are you in?

I am very shocked to see so many defects!

Plenty!

1. Parquet joints especially those near your wardrobe...very rough and uneven...I have even seen one area putty was used to cover up. Need to touch up.

2. Laminate on various cardboard...including kitchen cabinet...some are oready torn...my contractor says must ask them to touch up or else if water goes in then bye bye in few months time.

3. Various scratched surface on window glass, hard table top. Havent even use got liao... Must ask them to re polish again.

4. Kitchen sink....do u know they were held on to the kitchen top by two small screw each?? open up the cabinet door below them and look up...this mean if there is too heavy weight on the sink it will laterally "sink in"

5. Tiles in toilet. Some of them have serious scratches oready.... and those in the living room got one or two got chipped edges

6. Oh...must look at your ceiling too...I have one portion in my 2nd bedroom coming off.

This is WTONEwife, (53, 08-08)

we collected our keys this morning. Hasnt done the proper defect check yet, but a simple browsing and already my hubby spotted 100+ items.
    We will be doing the actual check this weekend.

It was raining heavily this afternoon at 4plus 5pm. We were enjoying the strong breeze when suddenly, omg, the rain kept pouring in through our kitchen planter into our kitchen. By time the rain stopped, my kitchen floor was wet. All way into the washer area. I am wondering how am i going to place electric washer there in this instance. And that would mean i have to mop the place everytime it rains like this. Is this why they use this name WET KITCHEN for TQ?? This is really a major headache if they disallow us to install a door or what.

The corridor. Rain poured in via the low parapet and wet the corridor floor. it's dirty and wet. There goes the idea of placing a shoe rack right outside the door. The entrance to my house is wet too. And not forgetting, the main door material might be damaged in no time.

Plenty!

The offer at SunRin this Sunday still ON? Can someone provide me the contact over at this forum. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Wah.. so many things happened this week.

My daughter's exam... Our implementation got bugs... and the forum crashed.

I will be calling the service provider later... to see how can we bring it online again.

Anyways, we are meeting @ TQ this Saturday 10am for Chengai Decking. If you can please try to be there... and we may have some short discussion.
    Sorry I am not able to make it this Sat...but I will go with the crowd..count me in..do let me know whether we going for perfectdeco or hendon...

I would like to come and view both the decking and laundry hanger but am currently overseas for the weekend and unable to make it. Can anyone who have attended the meeting kindly update me? I am one that belongs to the quite urgent catergory. Thanks to Isaac and Bubblemum for organising the meeting...Fab

Quote Originally Posted by davidcpg2002
    Hi This is Babblemum-

I may not be able to make it tomorrow for the viewing, but also keen on the chengnai & laundry hanger

Default Electrical Appliances

Hello TQ owners,

Go & check out the prices at the Mega Discount Store - United Square atrium sales..... good bargain

Happy shopping....

Quote Originally Posted by marshallwan
    VIC,

May i know what STACK are you in?

I am very shocked to see so many defects!

nah, not so bad lah....my wife to be say I am too picky. she says its petty normal defects for new places juz completed.

Anyway I will juz submit those I have pointed out and see what they will say.

Oh a plus point : my contractor says the living room flooring was quite well laid except for the 2 chipped tiles near the planters.

Quote Originally Posted by dennislee
    This is WTONEwife, (53, 08-08)

It was raining heavily this afternoon at 4plus 5pm. We were enjoying the strong breeze when suddenly, omg, the rain kept pouring in through our kitchen planter into our kitchen. By time the rain stopped, my kitchen floor was wet. All way into the washer area. I am wondering how am i going to place electric washer there in this instance. And that would mean i have to mop the place everytime it rains like this. Is this why they use this name WET KITCHEN for TQ?? This is really a major headache if they disallow us to install a door or what.
    hmmm I notice this potiential problem as well and asked my contractor how to address this issue. I suggested maybe installing those bamboo blinds might help.

hmmm I notice this potiential problem as well and asked my contractor how to address this issue. I suggested maybe installing those bamboo blinds might help.
    This is Tor here just in case people dont know who tortu is.

I also collected keys this morning and was there the whole day spotting defects. To be honest, if we really want to be picky, there are many defects that can be spotted. I have about 42 defects ranging from scratches, warp panel, rusty screws, crack flooing.

But I believe all these can be fixed as long as we reported it to GL.

Although I have quite a list, I just tell myself to be postive and work it out with GL.

Dont worry be happy, let's meet tomorrow and we can talk in person.

Last but not least, while we are checking defects, we were praying for rain so that we can know if the yard planter will be wet. True enough it rains cat and dogs at 5pm and my yard was slightly wet but definitely not as bad as some of you have experienced. So does this has to do with the direction of our blocks, wind and structure of the house. I realised all floor 16 is quite well protected from rain as floor 17 always has a roof terrace which serves as a shelter for those at floor 16.

Default Decking

Hi all,

will be involved in a wedding tmr, so can't make it. Bu i'm definitely in for the decking. Looks like it'll have to be front and kitchen planter areas , after i looked at my unit.

Regards,
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    This is Tor here just in case people dont know who tortu is.

I also collected keys this morning and was there the whole day spotting defects. To be honest, if we really want to be picky, there are many defects that can be spotted. I have about 42 defects ranging from scratches, warp panel, rusty screws, crack flooing.

But I believe all these can be fixed as long as we reported it to GL.

Although I have quite a list, I just tell myself to be postive and work it out with GL.

Dont worry be happy, let's meet tomorrow and we can talk in person.

Last but not least, while we are checking defects, we were praying for rain so that we can know if the yard planter will be wet. True enough it rains cat and dogs at 5pm and my yard was slightly wet but definitely not as bad as some of you have experienced. So does this has to do with the direction of our blocks, wind and structure of the house. I realised all floor 16 is quite well protected from rain as floor 17 always has a roof terrace which serves as a shelter for those at floor 16.
    tor, u spot on for the shelter from 17th flooe... in fact it offers protection even to lower levels likemine...

my unit seems fine even though it rained so i am keeping my fingers crossed it stays this way...

Sorry I wont be able to make it tomorrow but we are keen on the laundry system. I have 2 units, me and my MIL. Will be collecting my key at 2pm so hope to see you guys and ladies there.

Do keep us update, thank you

I know all owners are hoping to make TQ a great place to live in, except for a few VERY INCONSIDERATE ones.

I read from the house rules that "No pets are allowed in and around the vicinity of the Pools." However, I was at the pool area today and an irritating owner with his family dragging his stupid dog along the way. And his damn dog went peeing near the pool area. I was like what AN IDIOT. Be responsible for your animal.

Just hoping that everyone in TQ owning a pet to take note and be considerate or responsible else I will be the first to lodge a complain with mgmt committee.

TQ owners after regretting their buy >>

Quote Originally Posted by caspercasper
    I know all owners are hoping to make TQ a great place to live in, except for a few VERY INCONSIDERATE ones.

I read from the house rules that "No pets are allowed in and around the vicinity of the Pools." However, I was at the pool area today and an irritating owner with his family dragging his stupid dog along the way. And his damn dog went peeing near the pool area. I was like what AN IDIOT. Be responsible for your animal.

Just hoping that everyone in TQ owning a pet to take note and be considerate or responsible else I will be the first to lodge a complain with mgmt committee.

wtf man? do you even own a unit at the quartz? why purposely come in here to laugh at quartz owners? you very free? go and die lah, clone. fake-o.

so you have nothing better to do to come here and starting like a doggie. go and finish your high school first lah...gin nah sai...

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    wtf man? do you even own a unit at the quartz? why purposely come in here to laugh at quartz owners? you very free? go and die lah, clone. fake-o.

Quote Originally Posted by caspercasper

Sadly in all community theres bond to have some inconsiderate one around...next time juz go up to them and let them know in their face.

I

It seems that we might have to migrate to another forum. This freelancer who used to host our forum for free is now asking for donation to raise fund for his new server.

So, i have created another forum for TQ owners at http://thequartz.freeforums.org

Please do sign-up for an account there.

If you still interested to team up for Chengai Decking and Laundry Hanger, please email me your name, contact no and unit no to [email protected]

Thanks Isaac...

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    It seems that we might have to migrate to another forum. This freelancer who used to host our forum for free is now asking for donation to raise fund for his new server.

So, i have created another forum for TQ owners at http://thequartz.freeforums.org

Please do sign-up for an account there.

If you still interested to team up for Chengai Decking and Laundry Hanger, please email me your name, contact no and unit no to [email protected]

Hi guys,

For all Quartz owners, please refrain from posting too "personal" Quartz matter in thi spublic forum as we dont want those not related people to comment or criticise our community.

Let's migrate to the new website.