View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 94 of 123 FirstFirst ... 64697479848990919293949596979899104109114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheewing
    Thanks for ur friendly welcome....

Thus far I have talked to Plush Living and Ultimate Interior Creation....Ultimate is quite impressive and will be meeting them on Sunday to look at the 3D model of our future flat.

If keen, I can ask them abt the possibility of a bulk discount for all in this forum :-)
    Great. In fact, i am going to discuss this with all my IDs in this weekend meet up. Let's see!

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    Queensway,

It is alright, I think let's keep it this way first and we shall find out if it is approved during the key collection. Thanks for the initatives to organize the bulk purchase anyway.

Similarly, we might want to do a similar bulk purchase for the film for the bathroom windows.
    Tortu,

Just curious. I'm guessing that even to install window films, we've also got to seek approval from the MCST?

The reason I'm saying this is because as long as "altering" the exterior facade of the property, MCST has to give their approval. Unless you're installing clear films...

To be honest, I don't know if they allow the film installation.

But I imagine that this transculent film is internal and it should not distort the outlook of the condo. Well, let's ask when we collect our keys.

Otherwise, we will all be bathing and doing our "small and big business" facing all our wonderful neighbours here!!!

New add onLaundry hanger)

Name
    Queensway
    Tortu
    Lim Joe CI
    Ethan
    Issac
    Annie Wee
    ctam
    Piper
    TQ1
    Alan Tam
    Paul
    CrAzY
    Unity
    ivanchan16
    Cheewing

But I imagine that this transculent film is internal and it should not distort the outlook of the condo. Well, let's ask when we collect our keys.

Otherwise, we will all be bathing and doing our "small and big business" facing all our wonderful neighbours here!!!
    Films are internal, hences will not affect the external facade of the building.

Looking at reflective film rather then normal solar flim...

Default Citygas dryer

anybody tot of getting the citygas dryer instead of installing the cloth hangar? thinking of getting it.. cos kitchen already so small... installing the hangar might not be that practical.. am thinking of stacking the washer and dryer since there's a space in the kitchen. any feedback regarding the dryer?

Quote Originally Posted by willfoo
    anybody tot of getting the citygas dryer instead of installing the cloth hangar? thinking of getting it.. cos kitchen already so small... installing the hangar might not be that practical.. am thinking of stacking the washer and dryer since there's a space in the kitchen. any feedback regarding the dryer?
    Hi willfoo,

How much is it? Is the citygas dryer consumption high? More concern about the running cost rather than the fix cost.

Thanks for ur friendly welcome....

Thus far I have talked to Plush Living and Ultimate Interior Creation....Ultimate is quite impressive and will be meeting them on Sunday to look at the 3D model of our future flat.

If keen, I can ask them abt the possibility of a bulk discount for all in this forum :-)

Cheewing,

Welcome. Pressumable you got your unity during the sale.
    Do you mind sharing what was your purchase PSF, level and facing?

Trying to gauge the movement of the Quartz recently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    Hi willfoo,

How much is it? Is the citygas dryer consumption high? More concern about the running cost rather than the fix cost.
    Take a look at their website.
    http://www.citygas.com.sg/

Default Gas/electricity consumption for using citygas dryer

Quote Originally Posted by willfoo
    Take a look at their website.
    http://www.citygas.com.sg/
    Thanks for your info
    Looks like may not be feasible
    Unless you used in 1-2 times per week.

1 time per week = 77 cents x 4 = $3.08 /mth (gas and electric costs)
    2 times per week = 77 cents x 2 x 4 = $6.16/mth (gas and electric costs)

If you used it everyday.

It will be 77cents x 7 x 4 = $21.56/mth (gas and electric costs).

Personally, I feel the costs is way to high for the purpose of drying clothes.

Thanks for your info
    Looks like may not be feasible
    Unless you used in 1-2 times per week.

1 time per week = 77 cents x 4 = $3.08 /mth (gas and electric costs)
    2 times per week = 77 cents x 2 x 4 = $6.16/mth (gas and electric costs)

If you used it everyday.

It will be 77cents x 7 x 4 = $21.56/mth (gas and electric costs).

Personally, I feel the costs is way to high for the purpose of drying clothes.
    We need to wash our clothes 10-12 times per week because some days we need to wash up to 2 times per day due to frequent changing needed for baby and toddler...

Looks like dryer option is not so feasible for me too...

Yes. I am keen on the decking the planter with chengai wood. Please update us. Thanks alot
    Me too is planning to deck the planter with chengai wood too Do keep us update

By the way, just to ask a stupid question, does those nursery like far east flora etc @ Thomsom sell the chengai wood for us to DIY our planter?

Quote Originally Posted by Unity
    Cheewing,

Welcome. Pressumable you got your unity during the sale.
    Do you mind sharing what was your purchase PSF, level and facing?

Trying to gauge the movement of the Quartz recently.

Thanks
    Bought for $63+ psf, top floor and pool view...not sure whether you considered that as sale :-)

Smile

Hi,

I bought a unit in Quartz too and was told that there already a forum for it..

Trying to read the past posting to understand the discussion here..Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ivanchan16
    We need to wash our clothes 10-12 times per week because some days we need to wash up to 2 times per day due to frequent changing needed for baby and toddler...

actually i feel that the more you need to wash, the more you need a dryer

since your turnover of clothes is pretty high, you might need the stability that a dryer can provide. There is no need to rely on the weather and you have control over when the washed clothes are available.

what i heard some people does is they have both.
    so during rainy season or emergencies, they use the dryer.
    on other occasions, they just hang dry and save cost

Quote Originally Posted by FSSYeo
    Hi,

Trying to read the past posting to understand the discussion here..Thanks for sharing
    Welcome + congratz!

Quote Originally Posted by coburn
    actually i feel that the more you need to wash, the more you need a dryer

since your turnover of clothes is pretty high, you might need the stability that a dryer can provide. There is no need to rely on the weather and you have control over when the washed clothes are available.

what i heard some people does is they have both.
    so during rainy season or emergencies, they use the dryer.
    on other occasions, they just hang dry and save cost
    Agree. This is what I intend to do. Sometime in Singapore, it can rain consecutively for few days and the cloth cannot get dry.

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by FSSYeo
    Hi,

Welcome, I think this Quartz forum is the most active among all other forum.

Me too is planning to deck the planter with chengai wood too Do keep us update

By the way, just to ask a stupid question, does those nursery like far east flora etc @ Thomsom sell the chengai wood for us to DIY our planter?
    I have been to the far east flora, if i could recall. Its costing about 25bucks for a deck. Do note that its not condition or varnish. Hence even if you have that broug home, you will have to varnish it properly before use. That will be kind of troublesome...

Default Hi

Hi future neighbours
    Just found out bout this forum.
    Reading thru past threads now.
    Cant wait to move it

Default Report of North Vista "Feel"

My wife attended the dialogue session today in North Vista Primary School.

The school is very new, neat and organized. They adopt a Project Approach in teaching students. This is not new to me as when my boy was in Shekinah Montessori Childcare, they have also adopted a Project Approach. This can be quite "uneasy" for some parents and the teachings is centered around experiential learning whereby students are encouraged to complete a project in defined period. For example, project like "Occupation", "Life Cycle", "Shopping Mall" etc. They will have free discussion among friends on the topic and conclude the subject with a modeling with presentation to the class etc. I was skeptical at first but accepted it eventually especially when we as parents need to help in the research of the modeling and presentation preparation for the kids. It is quite interesting but just more work for us.

North Vista uses computer teaching from Pri 1 as students are already using Mac in their Pri 1 work. Art and Craft is also an area that the school emphasizes. Students are also given opportunities to do "Show and Tell" to hone their presentation skills.

They also organizes group play during recession breaks from Church group to induce the right values to the students during play.

From my wife observation, the prinicipal is a very organized, firm and stern man. He is quite blunt and demanding towards his staff during the session and the staff seems to be quite fearful of him. He actually says that the staff will be happier if he leaves the school. It was said that he was once a JC principal etc. When my wife have a casual chat with the canteen staff, it is evident that the principal is a no nonsense man but he appears to be softer when he handles the children.

In conclusion, my wife is quite happy with the school environment and the teaching staff. They are young and dynamic, and appears to be very committed too. She is not very comfortable with the early introduction of cyber world as like it or not, our children will definitely get exposed to it some time or other. She feels that introduction at too early an age may not be wise as cyber crime is on the rise etc. Kids at that age has great challenge to differentiate good from bad.

As my elder boy is in Pri 1 this year, I am considering transfering him to North Vista when he reaches Pri 2. But the principal says that they are only 10 vacancies with a long list of waiting list to join Pri 2 etc. So have to leave it to fate if we can get a place. There will be some thinking for us whether to go or not to go....................

Quote Originally Posted by queensway
    New add onLaundry hanger)

Name
    Queensway
    Tortu
    Lim Joe CI
    Ethan
    Issac
    Annie Wee
    ctam
    Piper
    TQ1
    Alan Tam
    Paul
    CrAzY
    Unity
    ivanchan16
    Cheewing
    Please add me in: Bernard & Elynn

Bought for $63+ psf, top floor and pool view...not sure whether you considered that as sale :-)
    yes, that's a good price and much lower than it was last year. congrats!

Smile New Neighbor

Hi, everyone,

I have just purchase a unit in Quartz too.
    I am impressed with what you guys are doing here. The kampong spirit is certainly very strong here.

I look forward to seeing you guys and gals at the pool soon.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by i12mmo2
    Hi, everyone,

I have just purchase a unit in Quartz too.
    I am impressed with what you guys are doing here. The kampong spirit is certainly very strong here.

I look forward to seeing you guys and gals at the pool soon.

Cheers
    how much you bought as in psf? congrats

To me.. life is too short to count every dollar and cent. and come to think of it.. if you really have lots of cloths... especially baby's cloths.. wouldn't it be better to be able to dry the cloths fast and able to use them again? rather then hoping to have sunny days to dry the cloth.. beside.. the design of the area for the cloths hangar.. seems like the sun will be able to reach the area for only a very short period of time per day... just my point of view.. I'll be getting the dryer though..for convenient sake.

My wife attended the dialogue session today in North Vista Primary School.

The school is very new, neat and organized. They adopt a Project Approach in teaching students. This is not new to me as when my boy was in Shekinah Montessori Childcare, they have also adopted a Project Approach. This can be quite "uneasy" for some parents and the teachings is centered around experiential learning whereby students are encouraged to complete a project in defined period. For example, project like "Occupation", "Life Cycle", "Shopping Mall" etc. They will have free discussion among friends on the topic and conclude the subject with a modeling with presentation to the class etc. I was skeptical at first but accepted it eventually especially when we as parents need to help in the research of the modeling and presentation preparation for the kids. It is quite interesting but just more work for us.

North Vista uses computer teaching from Pri 1 as students are already using Mac in their Pri 1 work. Art and Craft is also an area that the school emphasizes. Students are also given opportunities to do "Show and Tell" to hone their presentation skills.

They also organizes group play during recession breaks from Church group to induce the right values to the students during play.

From my wife observation, the prinicipal is a very organized, firm and stern man. He is quite blunt and demanding towards his staff during the session and the staff seems to be quite fearful of him. He actually says that the staff will be happier if he leaves the school. It was said that he was once a JC principal etc. When my wife have a casual chat with the canteen staff, it is evident that the principal is a no nonsense man but he appears to be softer when he handles the children.

In conclusion, my wife is quite happy with the school environment and the teaching staff. They are young and dynamic, and appears to be very committed too. She is not very comfortable with the early introduction of cyber world as like it or not, our children will definitely get exposed to it some time or other. She feels that introduction at too early an age may not be wise as cyber crime is on the rise etc. Kids at that age has great challenge to differentiate good from bad.

As my elder boy is in Pri 1 this year, I am considering transfering him to North Vista when he reaches Pri 2. But the principal says that they are only 10 vacancies with a long list of waiting list to join Pri 2 etc. So have to leave it to fate if we can get a place. There will be some thinking for us whether to go or not to go....................
    Thanks for sharing this.

My girl is P1 at Punggol. I think i will not do anythings to my girl until she is p3.

Hi i12mmo2, bellatmj and FSSyeo,

Welcome to this big family!!!

Now, isn't that kinky! Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Hi i12mmo2, bellatmj and FSSyeo,

Welcome to this big family!!!
    Hi Bro,

The family's growing by the dozen!!! I think that we'll need to start a namelist so that we'll know who's who when TOP comes.