View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 120 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9095100105110115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    Hi guys,

For all Quartz owners, please refrain from posting too "personal" Quartz matter in thi spublic forum as we dont want those not related people to comment or criticise our community.

Let's migrate to the new website.
    Tor is right guys, stick to our own forum for future discussion. Some things r not meant to be shared here.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    It seems that we might have to migrate to another forum. This freelancer who used to host our forum for free is now asking for donation to raise fund for his new server.

So, i have created another forum for TQ owners at http://thequartz.freeforums.org

Please do sign-up for an account there.

If you still interested to team up for Chengai Decking and Laundry Hanger, please email me your name, contact no and unit no to [email protected]
    Isaac,

Thanks for taking trouble to create a new forum for TQ owners.

Do u think we should use our real names to register rather than nicknames, since it's meant for TQ owners?

Quote Originally Posted by ctam
    Isaac,

Thanks for taking trouble to create a new forum for TQ owners.

Do u think we should use our real names to register rather than nicknames, since it's meant for TQ owners?
    Sure. I have allowed username can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by chang
    tor, u spot on for the shelter from 17th flooe... in fact it offers protection even to lower levels likemine...

my unit seems fine even though it rained so i am keeping my fingers crossed it stays this way...
    Only drawback of having good shelter is the lack of direct sunlight, and plants would not grow as strong as compared with those at exposed planters.

Anyway, I'm grateful about the abundance of information shared concerning the defects found during inspection. These serve as great reference for others in the group to spot and make more thorough checks after taking the keys.

Perhaps most of us have observed that the speed of work picked up only during the last 3 to 4 months before TOP. Rushed jobs might be the main factor behind all these workmanship defects, especially in the interiors.

Do get your utilities hooked up quickly and check the appliances and aircon too.

As for the separate forum, are the any features during registration to ward off gatecrashers or imposters? Maybe, the passwords should be sent into the letter boxes directly.

Quote Originally Posted by doughsunn
    Only drawback of having good shelter is the lack of direct sunlight, and plants would not grow as strong as compared with those at exposed planters.

Anyway, I'm grateful about the abundance of information shared concerning the defects found during inspection. These serve as great reference for others in the group to spot and make more thorough checks after taking the keys.

Perhaps most of us have observed that the speed of work picked up only during the last 3 to 4 months before TOP. Rushed jobs might be the main factor behind all these workmanship defects, especially in the interiors.

Do get your utilities hooked up quickly and check the appliances and aircon too.

As for the separate forum, are the any features during registration to ward off gatecrashers or imposters? Maybe, the passwords should be sent into the letter boxes directly.
    Yes it is good to share, but let's do it at Issac private forum. Hope to see you there and at TQ.

Tor, you are absolutely right. 17 Floor act as a shield to those who want to be shelter from the rain.

Good and bad.....

The bad side is that it is quite dark in the day time.

So depend on what the person is looking for.

For me,,,,what can i say....being on the 17th and the one one with sun and rain, it is quite a experience. I just love the open space especially in the nite when I can sleep at the roof terrace counting the stars.

Howver, the day time, I just love to sun tan under the hot sun to increase my Vit D intake.

There are many more.....just cant list them all here.

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    This is Tor here just in case people dont know who tortu is.

I also collected keys this morning and was there the whole day spotting defects. To be honest, if we really want to be picky, there are many defects that can be spotted. I have about 42 defects ranging from scratches, warp panel, rusty screws, crack flooing.

But I believe all these can be fixed as long as we reported it to GL.

Although I have quite a list, I just tell myself to be postive and work it out with GL.

Dont worry be happy, let's meet tomorrow and we can talk in person.

Last but not least, while we are checking defects, we were praying for rain so that we can know if the yard planter will be wet. True enough it rains cat and dogs at 5pm and my yard was slightly wet but definitely not as bad as some of you have experienced. So does this has to do with the direction of our blocks, wind and structure of the house. I realised all floor 16 is quite well protected from rain as floor 17 always has a roof terrace which serves as a shelter for those at floor 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    I'm from 59

Just receive email from my lawyer to pay maintenance & survey fees..
    Bank will release payment on 12May...should be getting my keys next week!! YaTa!!
    hey cot gotten your keys yet? have gotten mine. at last!

Question Oven irony

Wonder if anyone shares the same..quite perplexed...

Was told that unit don't come with oven (that's fine as we can still consider fixing up one)

Then now, there is a switch called 'Oven' in the kitchen (thats fine ... which means TQ is kind enough to allocate a space for oven??..lovely!!)

Examine the space where the oven switch is connected to underneath the cooking stove... not even big enough for a decent oven!

So now question is...what the donkey use is the oven switch there for?

Default The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by caspercasper
    I know all owners are hoping to make TQ a great place to live in, except for a few VERY INCONSIDERATE ones.

I read from the house rules that "No pets are allowed in and around the vicinity of the Pools." However, I was at the pool area today and an irritating owner with his family dragging his stupid dog along the way. And his damn dog went peeing near the pool area. I was like what AN IDIOT. Be responsible for your animal.

Just hoping that everyone in TQ owning a pet to take note and be considerate or responsible else I will be the first to lodge a complain with mgmt committee.
    ---------------------

maybe u should lodge a complaint to mamgt, in a condo, peeing in or near the pool by animal can be considered against the by law MSCT...the pool can be cordoned off for 2 weeks and cost around S$2k to S$3k to do all the necc clean up just for this...

Quote Originally Posted by vic
    Sadly in all community theres bond to have some inconsiderate one around...next time juz go up to them and let them know in their face.

I
    --------------

the best way is to tell the guard to confront them as it is the guard duty or take pics using phone camera and sent them to mamgt office....the mgmt will know as they have residents' record as resident card has photo...
    Last edited by peterng8; 18-05-09 at 09:13. Reason: details

Quote Originally Posted by GEMS
    Tor is right guys, stick to our own forum for future discussion. Some things r not meant to be shared here.
    -----------------------

It is good to share also sometimes, another common act is people will start to leave their rubbish at the common lift lobby even every unit got their disposal chute...and even at full view of security CCTV...terrible but is true happening at some condos...

Default Design for one of the unit at The Quartz blk 59 is out.

anyone interested, pm me or email me at [email protected]

My cousin's condo..somebody left those old newspapers at the lift lobby and the management printed the photo out from CCTV and paste it at the lift lobby..haha
    BTW, where do we put those old newspaper?? Take it to the central rubbish chute??

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    -----------------------

It is good to share also sometimes, another common act is people will start to leave their rubbish at the common lift lobby even every unit got their disposal chute...and even at full view of security CCTV...terrible but is true happening at some condos...

Quote Originally Posted by Doop
    hey cot gotten your keys yet? have gotten mine. at last!
    Got mine on Sunday Did you also??
    Did you register at http://thequartz.freeforums.org/ ??
    I checked my defects already..let's chat more in the above pte forum

Hi All,

can someone teach me how to sign up for the new forum... Tks

Register and you will be able to sign up

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Hi All,

My cousin's condo..somebody left those old newspapers at the lift lobby and the management printed the photo out from CCTV and paste it at the lift lobby..haha
    BTW, where do we put those old newspaper?? Take it to the central rubbish chute??
    -------------------

ask those uncle come and collect after check with neighbours to consolidate all the old papers...for them to recycle is better than throwing away...

check with neighbors and consolidate all the old papers and give a call to those uncle to collect...usually saturday...it is better to recycle them then just throw away...

I'm quite interested in stack 04 above 16th floor, however asking price is $810k. What is the psf for high floor for this stack?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Icekopi Bro,

Tot you went MIA.

Anyway, just go to the following website and register yourself there: http://thequartz.freeforums.org

Once done, PM Issac to add you to the owner's group.

Hi All,

Quote Originally Posted by axela_3
    Icekopi Bro,

Tot you went MIA.

Anyway, just go to the following website and register yourself there: http://thequartz.freeforums.org

Once done, PM Issac to add you to the owner's group.
    Ha ha bro axela_3,

Me register liaoz! and me bo mia just kind of busy lately
    How are things?
    Anyway, I have just taken my keys on Monday(which happened rain heavily) and my god the lots of water poured in. Huat ah!!!!!! but on the other hand, in the real world its a major problem.
    I am looking to see how I can solve this.
    Bro, any suggestions?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Hi Vic, my intention is exactly like urs. But TQ has to wait approx 1 yr for CSC before we can do any hacking. Thus gave up the idea. Wat we learn from the mgmt is : do it after CSC approval.
    Hi LA,

This is TQ63. I have lost your email address. Can give it to me again. Tks.

Default TQ Units Wanted

Hello TQ owners,

My agent called me today that they've ready buyers for TQ units. If you intend to sell, pm me.

TQ sky high price again after a fall in Q12009. Currently those units on sale are 99% subsale and ready to earn BIG money.
    I am looking for one also, but very scary of the asking price. Small area and yet above 700psf, selling like FH. Only thing I can do is ....WAIT. No worry of lossing out choice unit to other buyers as well as missing the boat. 沉默就是金。

Hahaha. Congrats bro. Huat ah too.

Anyway (i suppose you're talking about the yard area), the only way to stop the water from coming in is to install a door. I guess GL is doing something about it now.

What's your nick in our forum? Dun see you leh.

Ha ha bro axela_3,

Me register liaoz! and me bo mia just kind of busy lately
    How are things?
    Anyway, I have just taken my keys on Monday(which happened rain heavily) and my god the lots of water poured in. Huat ah!!!!!! but on the other hand, in the real world its a major problem.
    I am looking to see how I can solve this.
    Bro, any suggestions?

it 2710_icekopi

okie dokes. I see you already!

it 2710_icekopi

What happen???

$369 psf and $451 psf

These two confirm sell at loss one...

THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 560,000 1,518 369 May-09
    THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 850,000 1,884 451 May-09

Are these 2 units the last 2 remaining units sold by developer? Cant believe the price... 369psf? This is really called fire sale.

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    Are these 2 units the last 2 remaining units sold by developer? Cant believe the price... 369psf? This is really called fire sale.
    See attached for unit #.
    Attached Files Attached Files