View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 56 of 123 FirstFirst ... 263136414651525354555657585960616671768186 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chia252
    anyone out there knows whether north vista pri sch ia a gd sch or nt as it near TQ thinking of enrolling my kids there
    This year is the first year for North Vista Primary School. Next year is second year. It is not a good or a bad school. It is a school.

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by New observer
    It is not true that your business Line/industry will not change. It's more your function that will not change. You can be a programmer in a bank, but can easily switch to a programmer in an IT services firm. Similarly for a Finance Mgr, Sales Manager etc.

Even if you remain within the same industry, it is also not true that banking and financial sectors are usually in Raffles Place and Tanjong Pager. Banks have many branches and only if you work in the HQ, then your offices will be in town area. Increasingly, we also have companies moving out of expensive rental places to away from town areas like Chai Chee and Tuas.

So end of the day, it boils down to whether you like the property and the surrounding area.

80-90 % of all tall buildings in Singapore are located nicely nearby City Hall, Raffles Place and Tanjong Pagar MRT. Maybe most of them are banking & financial institutions, I don't know, but I think it doesn't really matter what their business lines are.

What really mater is the fact there are many more people working in this locations than any other area.

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered111
    80-90 % of all tall buildings in Singapore are located nicely nearby City Hall, Raffles Place and Tanjong Pagar MRT. Maybe most of them are banking & financial institutions, I don't know, but I think it doesn't really matter what their business lines are.

What really mater is the fact there are many more people working in this locations than any other area.

Sorry I think I have to use the term "professional" rather than "people" as most condo owners are professional.
    If we just use "people", I think Jurong beats the CBD as there are many factory workers there :P

professional? Guest

if you mind making the MRT exchange to reach City Hall or Raffles Place, of course it will be a concern for you. But obviously for most TQ owners, this is not a concern, or not a major concern. the bottomline is, go for properties that suit your needs. we can continue with the argument and yet there is no conclusion because we are talking from different viewpoint.

SIA Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chia252
    u staying at blk 51 too? unit number can share
    Yes, I will email you.

wonder why Guest

Went to the showroom today and the agent told me that the stack 20, 21, 8 and 10 till now the developer has not release yet. Can anyone comfirm this. I thought it only left stack 32 to 36.

Kovan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kennt
    Good analysis..but sorry...it doesn't apply to me.
    Hi, Kovan Melody at 731 psf, more convenient location with better surroundings. Hurry! Pay 30 psf for better long term potential!

Unregistered123ttt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kovan
    Hi, Kovan Melody at 731 psf, more convenient location with better surroundings. Hurry! Pay 30 psf for better long term potential!
    Kovan Melody is a joke. The road outside jammed everyday and heavy traffic. And looks terrible.

Unregisteredqqq Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wonder why
    Went to the showroom today and the agent told me that the stack 20, 21, 8 and 10 till now the developer has not release yet. Can anyone comfirm this. I thought it only left stack 32 to 36.
    Anyone bought any of this stack 20,21,8 and 10? Please share...

UnregisteredSP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kovan
    Stupid Agent!!!

HappyCL Guest

Smile The Quartz Construction Status Updates

A monthly compilation on the construction status for The Quartz can be seen here since June 2007.

Owner for Block 55 Stack 11.

Enjoy...
    http://happyrichway.com/blog/?p=60

curious Guest

anyone can tell me what's the length of the main swimming pool?

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by curious
    anyone can tell me what's the length of the main swimming pool?
    i belived is 50 meter

pasir gudang Guest

there is a whole stretch of petrochemical factories in pasir gudang just opposite punggol. It spews harmful wierd smelling chemicals to singapore when the wind blows over. I moved out of punggol as i cud nt stand the stench.

fishmate Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pasir gudang
    there is a whole stretch of petrochemical factories in pasir gudang just opposite punggol. It spews harmful wierd smelling chemicals to singapore when the wind blows over. I moved out of punggol as i cud nt stand the stench.
    This is buangkok not ponggol lah. U sure there is wierd smell?? I always go fishing in ponggol but how come I never encounter such smell?

far Guest

buangkok is at the fringe of hougang. punggol is far away from buangkok.

Sengkang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by far
    buangkok is at the fringe of hougang. punggol is far away from buangkok.
    I stay in Seng kang for the past 10 years. Never smell any chemical. Buangkok is even further away. Thus confirm no smell.

Chong Foo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sengkang
    I stay in Seng kang for the past 10 years. Never smell any chemical. Buangkok is even further away. Thus confirm no smell.
    Aiya, this people try to say something only lah...I stay in there for the last 3 years never smell anything of chemical. He must be joking only.

ex resident Guest

i m nt tryng to bring punggol down as i was ex resident. The smell frm the factories in PG is so bad that i have to close all dr n windows the mment i enter house. Smell usually at nite. Go to punggol jetty at nite n u knw wat i mean. The smell can travel all the way to pasir ris so i m surprised seng kang doesnt get it. I cnsultd NEA on ths n even wrote to press (my article came out). NEA cnfirmed sulphur dioxide n nitrogen oxide n i thk other chemicals in e air but dare nt reveal levels. Be a judge urself just go to blk 193 n u will understand wat i mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Chong Foo
    Aiya, this people try to say something only lah...I stay in there for the last 3 years never smell anything of chemical. He must be joking only.

Quote Originally Posted by ex resident
    i m nt tryng to bring punggol down as i was ex resident. The smell frm the factories in PG is so bad that i have to close all dr n windows the mment i enter house. Smell usually at nite. Go to punggol jetty at nite n u knw wat i mean. The smell can travel all the way to pasir ris so i m surprised seng kang doesnt get it. I cnsultd NEA on ths n even wrote to press (my article came out). NEA cnfirmed sulphur dioxide n nitrogen oxide n i thk other chemicals in e air but dare nt reveal levels. Be a judge urself just go to blk 193 n u will understand wat i mean
    I believe its true, me and my wife used to stay in BLK 2XX and although not everyday we did notice some weird smell on certain nights after work.

Anyway flat sold and waiting to move into TQ.

Cheers

Mick Guest

SK got the smell also but not as strong as Punggol. Punggol first hand smell, SK got less as more people move to Punggol and breathe in and out, then filter it, and then SK will get these but they have been filtered, so not as bad. Something needs to be done about it in Punggol, but it orignates from the factories in Malaysia, so what can you do about it?

Fishmate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ex resident

Wah pian....travel until Pasir Ris? Sure boh? Anyway this is the 1st time i heard abt this.

Seng Kang Guest

Talking Chemical smell every where

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmate
    Wah pian....travel until Pasir Ris? Sure boh? Anyway this is the 1st time i heard abt this.
    Ya la. I think this guy work in the petro chemical factory in Jurong island. Smell too much chemical. Thus everything also smell like chemical.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mick
    SK got the smell also but not as strong as Punggol. Punggol first hand smell, SK got less as more people move to Punggol and breathe in and out, then filter it, and then SK will get these but they have been filtered, so not as bad. Something needs to be done about it in Punggol, but it orignates from the factories in Malaysia, so what can you do about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmate
    I have stayed in The Rivervale, the condo opposite Punggol Pond/Park, for the last 8 years. The air has always been very good.

ex resident Guest

i am glad u realise that. Many still dont know where the weird smell comes frm. When the wind comes southwards, u will be breathng in the harmful fumes. My wife even sufferd headaches the time we lived in punggol. To those who dont believe me and want to cnfirm it, just take a drive to punggol jetty late at nite and the smell there is a lot worse. I even took some pictures of the very thick chimney smokes turning into huge masses of dark chemical clouds n driftng to singapore. Really scary. Go to blk 178 or blk 193 in punggol on high floor n see wat i mean. This is not a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    I believe its true, me and my wife used to stay in BLK 2XX and although not everyday we did notice some weird smell on certain nights after work.

Anyway flat sold and waiting to move into TQ.

Cheers

ex resident Guest

i dont work on jurong island n i m nt joking about this
    Quote Originally Posted by Seng Kang
    Ya la. I think this guy work in the petro chemical factory in Jurong island. Smell too much chemical. Thus everything also smell like chemical.

ex resident Guest

the worst part is our govt cant do anything coz the factories are in Malaysia. I am very surprised so many other people dont knw about this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick

Punggol Guest

Yes I agree about the smell. I live in block 16X / high floor and have experienced the wierd smell many times at night.

But you get used to it. Havent seen any health effects on my family. Just irritating. Anyway the smell isnt half as bad as the cooking smell coming from my Chinese neighbour's kitchen downstairs. Got to adjust to all these things living in HDB.

Default Move on

Guys, let's move on.......I don't think Buangkok is affected by it

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Punggol
    Yes I agree about the smell. I live in block 16X / high floor and have experienced the wierd smell many times at night.

But you get used to it. Havent seen any health effects on my family. Just irritating. Anyway the smell isnt half as bad as the cooking smell coming from my Chinese neighbour's kitchen downstairs. Got to adjust to all these things living in HDB.
    But I don't stay in Punggol. I stay in The Rivervale in Sengkang.

I have never smell any bad air in the area around my condo. Is there bad air in Punggol? I don't know. I know the area around my place don't have.