View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 83 of 123 FirstFirst ... 535863687378798081828384858687889398103108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

i manage to come across some interesting information when surfing SLA site.

Sengkang Central/Buangkok Drive is awarded to Winterhall Pte Ltd on 18 Jan 2005 at 172,515,000.

Land size is 21,985.3sqm. Plot ratio 3.0.

That is around 243psf ppr.
    Last edited by isaaclim; 27-02-09 at 15:24.

No disrespect to Quartz owners, just wondering at land cost of 243psf purchased by the developer, selling 550-650psf in its so-called Pre-TOP sale by the developer in this economical climate, the developer still "jia bey liao"... cant imagine those that bought at higher price during 3rd & 4th quarter of 2008 from the developer with those 8% rebate thingy allowing caveat lodged for Quartz units to soar to $800000-900000!!!. The developer really know how to squeeze hard earned money from HDB upgraders. Heard surrounding HDB flats at buangkok only cost around 200k yet they looked very nice with amenities like covered walkways and underground carpark! Compared to the Quartz, the surrounding HDB flats are indeed a bargain compared to prices now.

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    No disrespect to Quartz owners, just wondering at land cost of 243psf purchased by the developer, selling 550-650psf in its so-called Pre-TOP sale by the developer in this economical climate, the developer still "jia bey liao"... cant imagine those that bought at higher price during 3rd & 4th quarter of 2008 from the developer with those 8% rebate thingy allowing caveat lodged for Quartz units to soar to $800000-900000!!!. The developer really know how to squeeze hard earned money from HDB upgraders. Heard surrounding HDB flats at buangkok only cost around 200k yet they looked very nice with amenities like covered walkways and underground carpark! Compared to the Quartz, the surrounding HDB flats are indeed a bargain compared to prices now.
    200k at what size? How about renovation costs?

For me, i usually use this formula to judge. Condo = 2 x HDB. When you brought a condo unit, you are not only own that unit. You are also having share on common area and facilities.

For The Quartz, the developer would need about 200-300psf to break even. That would depend when they lock in their materials purchases. So selling below 600psf is reasonable price.

Only those choice unit was sold above 600+psf in this round + not many of them. So, i don't think it is "Jia Bey Liao" deal for developer.

Folks,

Actually, this guy (Rapister) is rather entertaining.

After a long day of work, i can't resist coming into this forum to find out what comments he has made for the day. Daily dose of laughter. His overcompensating behaviour and postings has made my day.

Cheers!

U seems to forget to add in the building cost.

If average material cost is about 150 psf + 243 psf land cost = 393 psf. Initial launch price back in 2006 was about 460 psf. That means developer makes abt 67 psf. That of cuz depends on the material cost fluctuation and bank interest incurred over these 2-3 yrs.

For HDB....for obvious reason there's no land cost, material used is general normal quality....thats why they can sell at avg 200K+

HDB will always be HDB.....private will always be private.

u say until like HDB upgraders are forced to buy, forced to being squeezed by developer..

Do you know the those are not the true selling price. Developer give cash back + stamp duty for those transaction.

Cool

Anyone know if the floor plan that were given to us earlier;Is it according to the scale measurement?Some of the interior company can't really do a exact drawing base on that,not realistic plotting n design cos measurement area might be smaller than the existing floorplan.Anyone know when will the actual measurement floor plan with all dmension issue to us?

"The Quarts" subsale in internet/classified still asking sky high price 700K-800K. Although developer already slashed 100K in recent new launch.
    Propety market confidence more or less still maintain regardless of economy/unemployment condition.
    My 2 cents view, it could be supported by Senkang/Punggol HDB resale price . 5i around 400K-450K.

hmms... in my opinion, after the developer slashed the 100k, the leftover 15 units are still above 720k... think that subsale market price will not go less than 600psf unless thr realli is a emergency to get rid of the units.
    what are your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    hmms... in my opinion, after the developer slashed the 100k, the leftover 15 units are still above 720k... think that subsale market price will not go less than 600psf unless thr realli is a emergency to get rid of the units.
    what are your opinions?
    It depend. Majority of the left over units are pool facing. So one things for sure, the developer asking price cap the price in subsale market as of now.

jealous cant afford.

Quote Originally Posted by stevengoh76
    Anyone know if the floor plan that were given to us earlier;Is it according to the scale measurement?Some of the interior company can't really do a exact drawing base on that,not realistic plotting n design cos measurement area might be smaller than the existing floorplan.Anyone know when will the actual measurement floor plan with all dmension issue to us?
    Actually most of the good IDs can do an estimate. In fact, the 2 IDs I approach told me that it is not necessary as they can estimate from the floor plan we have that has no dimensions listed.

For me, ID is important as we buy to live in for a period of time so try to look for the better ones and not those that just give a lot of discount but not much quality.

On another note, TQ is looking great when I passed by today.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    i manage to come across some interesting information when surfing SLA site.

Sengkang Central/Buangkok Drive is awarded to Winterhall Pte Ltd on 18 Jan 2005 at 172,515,000.

Land size is 21,985.3sqm. Plot ratio 3.0.

That is around 243psf ppr.
    How did you compute $243psf?

Quote Originally Posted by stevengoh76
    Nope, definitely not according to scale. I tried to do an estimate on the measurement base on the size of the door and project the size of the room. Realise that the area is bigger than the actual floor plan. So its really a bit 'deceiving' to base on the floor plan..

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    Nope, definitely not according to scale. I tried to do an estimate on the measurement base on the size of the door and project the size of the room. Realise that the area is bigger than the actual floor plan. So its really a bit 'deceiving' to base on the floor plan..

I totally agree with u!

It is always better to have on side measurement to avoid complication. Especially curtains/blinds

How did you compute $243psf?
    Land purchase price, M = S$ 172,515,000.
    Land size, S = 21,985.3 X 3.28 X 3.28 sf.
    Plot ratio, P = 3.

So, M/S/P = 243psf ppr.

I just went over to Quartz and looking at the state of progress, I don't think it can TOP in April. Looks more like June

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    I just went over to Quartz and looking at the state of progress, I don't think it can TOP in April. Looks more like June
    hmmm... hopefully can earlier lor... but from the website, they have applied for the authorities to inspect the site liao so maybe, just maybe it might still be April. Guess with the sudden surge in sales, they will try to push forward the completion as they have other projects in hand.

heard its 100 percent sold

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    heard its 100 percent sold
    i have also heard that some buyers backed out...

my source is from an agent who was marketing this project and showed me around last week

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Wow LA,

you must have bought at a very good price judging from the time of purchase.

anyway, if u browse thru some earlier threads between some of us(TQ1, Keent, Alan Tam etc), we may want to check out the designer of TQ showflat and may copy some of their design. If we do it together we hope to get a better price.

So hang around for more update about this when nearing TOP.

Cheers!
    Hi Icekopi. since last August till now, found any good ID? maybe can get together for better pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by kennt
    Here u go..this was taken last week. You can see the beige on the side wall. They are now working on the whites.

Hi Kennt, thanks for the pix. hope they paint in white.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tam
    Hi Icekopi. since last August till now, found any good ID? maybe can get together for better pricing.
    Hi Alan,

Me and my wife still looking around and have not confirmed any. So far, most IDs have got back to us with a brief design(quotation) but they all want to meet us personally to discuss further.

Those IDs included David(LA's recommendation).

I thought might as well wait till TOP than confirm(want to see the actual place 1st).

We were at Tampines Mall's Courts the other day and wow those LCD Tvs really cheap. If you buy a 40 - 42inch at around 1k - 2.7k(depending on brand) they give 26inch somemore!

I was told by the agent that hacking down of walls can only be done after CSC. So for those who intend to hack down walls may have to take note of this when planning to do your reno..

Can anyone verify this (bout hacking can only be done after CSC)?

Default Any Windows at the Yard and air con ledge?

Hi guys, any idea if there is any window at the yard and air con ledge area? From the drawings it doesnt seems to have any window.

I think the Quartz has the most active discussion on this forum... Must be a good place to stay... happy for all the owners.

cheers

It's standard practise. Even after CSC, as long as developer has not hand over the management office, no approval for hacking walls, aka structural change.

For some new condo, for at least x years, management office may not approved such request preserve unit layout ..

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by flanderman
    I was told by the agent that hacking down of walls can only be done after CSC. So for those who intend to hack down walls may have to take note of this when planning to do your reno..

Can anyone verify this (bout hacking can only be done after CSC)?

not prime area lah

i live near orchard