View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 93 of 123 FirstFirst ... 63687378838889909192939495969798103108113118 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

At the meantime while checking with the developer on the laundry hanger.

I am also looking at decking the planter with chengai wood. Somehow felt that it would be cheaper in having wholesaler to do the job rather then the ID who would have already markup the price. For there is no harm in getting more quote for ref.

Anyone keen to do so, can either join as bulk 2 or alternatively when i get the quote, it will be updated here for those who are interested as well.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chang
    no worries... actually its the extreme prices i mentioned. in most cases, it should not be over 1k as the planter area is rather small. Unless its for the balcony etc. IDs that I have checked are very expensive. usuallie 20k cos they have been suggested to me by friends etc and i have seen their place and the design and finishing is really good. So i m worried if its too low price, quality may be compromised. of cos, in these bad times, i want both quality and low price..
    I totally agree with you. Price does matter but reliability also very important. I had an experience with one of the contractor before and got to go CASE and HDB to complain before they are willing to finish up the job. Hiaz bad experience so right now, i am getting my fren to help me do up the place. At least i know she is reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by queensway

I am also looking at decking the planter with chengai wood. Somehow felt that it would be cheaper in having wholesaler to do the job rather then the ID who would have already markup the price. For there is no harm in getting more quote for ref.

Anyone keen to do so, can either join as bulk 2 or alternatively when i get the quote, it will be updated here for those who are interested as well.

Cheers
    Haha it is a good idea. Anyway it is just the planter area which everyone will be looking the same. I gotten my quote is $650 for the front planter area and $350 for the backyard but still need to go actual site for measurement. By the way, there is one concern. Will there be too many ppl to liase with if we are practically getting different contractor in the house to do part of the house?

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY
    Haha it is a good idea. Anyway it is just the planter area which everyone will be looking the same. I gotten my quote is $650 for the front planter area and $350 for the backyard but still need to go actual site for measurement. By the way, there is one concern. Will there be too many ppl to liase with if we are practically getting different contractor in the house to do part of the house?
    There is alway a price to pay for every saving.... May arrange for a weekend in having all vendor to come in & do the necessary work individually while we just have to open our doors for them while we enjoy our coffee session.

But at the end of the day if the diff is not significant then we can still go back to the ID. No harm for more quotes...

anyone is also looking at the reflective solar film to be install at the washrooms? I have tried to sneak into the condo last weekend & found that most of the washroom are facing the oppsite units. So maybe a good thing to install a reflective solar flim rather then the curtain due to moist issue expected.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY
    I don't think there is an issue. It is different section so very easy to coordinate.

One of the ID quoted me S$1280 to supply and install Chengai decking at planter (L12ft X 3.5ft).

Queensway, please go ahead to request for better quote.
    Meanwhile, i am still waiting for other quotation.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    I don't think there is an issue. It is different section so very easy to coordinate.

One of the ID quoted me S$1280 to supply and install Chengai decking at planter (L12ft X 3.5ft).

Queensway, please go ahead to request for better quote.
    Meanwhile, i am still waiting for other quotation.
    Maybe your area quite big. I saw at Quartz, certain units planter area is huge. I also dont have the actual dimension but given my id the floorplan, she quoted me $650. She even propose pebble wash but we still prefer chengai wood. Both prices quite similar

folks,

had spoken with a number of vendors, noted that usually its the ball bearing that will turn rusty after years of usage. (Althoug lots of it comes in from Korea/ japan or australia, there are not S/S ball bearing) hences, some vendors are willing to change it to S/S if we have at least 10 units.

Pls furnish me ur floorplan so as to allow vendors to quote & advise on the diff model needed. (For floorplan, pls email me @ [email protected] indicating ur nickname)

I will post the price of all supply before discount 2mr when i am back in office.

Does anyone knws if the yard is on false ceiling? In addition, do noted that if installation are required by individual owners, application for approval are required.

To keen the ball rolling.

Kindly update the listing per below for those interested to enjoy the dicsount ...

Name
    Queensway
    Tortu
    Lim Joe CI
    Ethan/Elaine
    Jerrell Tee

Quote Originally Posted by flanderman
    I also looking at single door (also cheaper than 2 door type and also i thk most of the time, my fridge is gonna be quite 'empty" )..
    Pool view.

If the ID can do a good design and blend the cabinet well into the area.. I am ok with it (since i also heard from some friends saying that good to hv something to 'block' if when the main door is open, there is a direct straight path from the door to the living room. But i m not really into fenghui theory... so is also here listen a little, there listen a little..
    玄关是住宅内部最重要的组成部分之一,可以说是住宅的咽喉之地,玄关最大的风水作用,是可以用来化解屋外直冲大门的煞气,主要有两种档煞的方法:

1、玄关可以改变进入大门的外气走向,由于大门的朝向不会都是开在吉位,就要利用玄关来改变,使外气改由吉方进入,这就是风水的趋吉避凶之道。
    2、玄关可以防止旺气外泄。从风水的角度来看,从大门入宅的旺气与财气应尽可能在屋内回旋,为住宅充分利用后,才慢慢流出屋外。倘若大门与阳台或窗户形成一直线,则从大门流人之旺气及财气便会迅速从阳台或窗口流走,旺气直入直出,是“泄水"之局,令家中的人丁及钱财均难以积聚。而补救之法,是在其间设一玄关,设法令大门之气转向流入屋内,而不直接从阳台或窗户流走。比如做一面实墙,其用意何在?就在干挡住了进门处的视野,另外形成了一个回转的空问,风水学上讲究。喜回旋忌直冲”,道理正在于此。如果没有实培,则在进门处即可将阳台客厅一眼望穿,即形成俗称"前通后通,人财两空。的格局,对家居不利。倘若大门直冲房门,则房中的人丁易受干扰,这种情况,亦可用玄关来化解

玄关在风水上是非常重要的,千万不要忽略,这方面的只是还是要知道一点的,对我们的生活是有好处的.

What is 玄关?

What is 玄关?
    the first place when you arrive home, the front entrance or front hall.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    玄关是住宅内部最重要的组成部分之一,可以说是住宅的咽喉之地,玄关最大的风水作用,是可以用来化解屋外直冲大门的煞气,主要有两种档煞的方法:

1、玄关可以改变进入大门的外气走向,由于大门的朝向不会都是开在吉位,就要利用玄关来改变,使外气改由吉方进入,这就是风水的趋吉避凶之道。
    2、玄关可以防止旺气外泄。从风水的角度来看,从大门入宅的旺气与财气应尽可能在屋内回旋,为住宅充分利用后,才慢慢流出屋外。倘若大门与阳台或窗户形成一直线,则从大门流人之旺气及财气便会迅速从阳台或窗口流走,旺气直入直出,是“泄水"之局,令家中的人丁及钱财均难以积聚。而补救之法,是在其间设一玄关,设法令大门之气转向流入屋内,而不直接从阳台或窗户流走。比如做一面实墙,其用意何在?就在干挡住了进门处的视野,另外形成了一个回转的空问,风水学上讲究。喜回旋忌直冲”,道理正在于此。如果没有实培,则在进门处即可将阳台客厅一眼望穿,即形成俗称"前通后通,人财两空。的格局,对家居不利。倘若大门直冲房门,则房中的人丁易受干扰,这种情况,亦可用玄关来化解

玄关在风水上是非常重要的,千万不要忽略,这方面的只是还是要知道一点的,对我们的生活是有好处的.
    Sorry can you translate..cos it will take me very long to read this..

anyone is also looking at the reflective solar film to be install at the washrooms? I have tried to sneak into the condo last weekend & found that most of the washroom are facing the oppsite units. So maybe a good thing to install a reflective solar flim rather then the curtain due to moist issue expected.
    Initially I'm thinking of installing solar film but at balcony, but more to block the sun..but later thought, whether it will dim my room..

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    Sorry can you translate..cos it will take me very long to read this..
    Basically East Lovers is trying to say if your main door is facing windows or another door, you must create a structure to block it. Such that all the "good things" come in your house will not leave your house immediately.

But some ID says, if you have curtain on the windows, it is kind of block it liaw. It that true, East Lovers?

Basically East Lovers is trying to say if your main door is facing windows or another door, you must create a structure to block it. Such that all the "good things" come in your house will not leave your house immediately.

But some ID says, if you have curtain on the windows, it is kind of block it liaw. It that true, East Lovers?
    Thanks isaaclim..
    Yup I heard of this feng shui thingy..place something so that the wealth will not escape.. But again, I'm worried this will make my living look smaller..

On the laundry hanger ....

Quoted from developer reply:

For such installation, you would need to seek approval from the
    condo management office after you have collected your keys.
    Thks & rgds
    Sally

Queensway,

It is alright, I think let's keep it this way first and we shall find out if it is approved during the key collection. Thanks for the initatives to organize the bulk purchase anyway.

Similarly, we might want to do a similar bulk purchase for the film for the bathroom windows.

Did your friends use a lots of mirrors or granite for topping? if not, he is simply being "chopped".
    ID did up a marble-top table, marble-top TV console. Solid Wood for the the bay window. Guess all these more expensive materials thats why.

I guess it should be working. You can either build a depolished glass (磨砂玻璃) structure, or put some plants, or curtains...

See the solution found on web:

若是阳台正对大门或厨房,可将窗帘长时间拉上以作为阻绝。出入大门的位置不要正对阳台,这形成了所谓的“穿心”,家中会不易聚财,有破财之事。 解决方法:放置玄关柜阻隔大门和阳台,在大门入口处放置鱼缸(命中忌水者不可放鱼缸,可以屏风取代)。可设置阳台窗,将阳台阻隔或种植盆栽及爬藤植物,窗帘长时间拉上也是可行的方法。

u all into all that feng shui rubbish?

now is 2009 already, not 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Rapister
    u all into all that feng shui rubbish?

now is 2009 already, not 1809
    You want to be slapped again, is it? Ichy liaw ah?

Just discovered this forum...Just got an unit at the quartz last weekend and am waiting anxiously to move in.

Am keen on the laundry hanger so definitely put me down for it!

Keen to do chengai wood for the yard planter but I was quoted $850 from an ID. So far, all the ID quotes are quite ex...

Hope to hear from fellow neighbours soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheewing
    Just discovered this forum...Just got an unit at the quartz last weekend and am waiting anxiously to move in.

Keen to do chengai wood for the yard planter but I was quoted $850 from an ID. So far, all the ID quotes are quite ex...

Congrat + Welcome!

Default Welcome

Hi Cheewing, welcome to the big family. For laundry hanger, you may want to add yourself into Queenways' name list which can be found in the previous page of this thread.

Alot of us are currently sourcing for ID. We are suggesting to group together to ask for discount since most of us are requesting for almost the same type of ID.

Hope to see all of you soon, hopefully after the collection of keys in Apr/May.

Cheers
    Yes. I am keen on the decking the planter with chengai wood. Please update us. Thanks alot

Thanks for ur friendly welcome....

Thus far I have talked to Plush Living and Ultimate Interior Creation....Ultimate is quite impressive and will be meeting them on Sunday to look at the 3D model of our future flat.

If keen, I can ask them abt the possibility of a bulk discount for all in this forum :-)

Default Planter cover!

Yes yes! I am considering doing the planter wood covers also if the prices r reasonable. Please count me in!

Cool

Hi

Congrats. Wise choice indeed on buying Quartz.

hihi,

welcomez!!!!

Thanks for ur friendly welcome....

Thus far I have talked to Plush Living and Ultimate Interior Creation....Ultimate is quite impressive and will be meeting them on Sunday to look at the 3D model of our future flat.

If keen, I can ask them abt the possibility of a bulk discount for all in this forum :-)
    Yes. Please check with them on the possibility of a bulk discount. Will be great if we can identify one good ID and together we go for it.