View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 46 of 123 FirstFirst ... 162126313641424344454647484950515661667176 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dunno
    I love the MRT and 24 hr NTUC there.

The only thing is, dunno whether will feel lugi or not, as all the HDB there also very nice, look like condo, and they paid only a fraction of TQ price....
    just take a look at the facilities and the furnishings that TQ has and you will feel good.

harlow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    just take a look at the facilities and the furnishings that TQ has and you will feel good.

So, if I buy TQ, I pay multiple times the price of the surrounding condo-like HDB just to feel good about facilities and furnishings?

Do you know Singapore Island Country Club membership only about $150k to $200k?

Do you know renovation of HDB to look as good as condo only costs $50k to $80k?

So I can stay in condo-like HDB in Buangkok, fully renovated to look like luxury condo, buy a $240k BMW 335i, and some more can stick an SICC disc on the front windshield. And not even pay half of what a similar size unit at TQ.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by harlow
    So, if I buy TQ, I pay multiple times the price of the surrounding condo-like HDB just to feel good about facilities and furnishings?

So I can stay in condo-like HDB in Buangkok, fully renovated to look like luxury condo, buy a $240k BMW 335i, and some more can stick an SICC disc on the front windshield. And not even pay half of what a similar size unit at TQ.
    if you really feel so pinched about buying a condo, then it is better not to buy.

Ppl come on, lets not argue over this. Everyone got their own thinking and indulgence.

Whether its is to buy condo, landed or HDB. Buy/stay in whatever you think you are comfortable with.

Yes you are right about the maths shown above but not everyone likes BMW so lets move on...............

You are only half right about the similarity (your view) on a condo like HDB and a private condo.

I was there last week at the shops around Buangkok mrt. Of course if you compare the traditional HDB with muli-storey car park and old shop houses surrounding it, these buangkok HDBs do have a great difference. They do look like a condo without facility and security. (One step below DBSS HDB) Nevertheless, it is still accessible by general public and do not have the type of privacy of a condo.

It is all depend on what you look for in life. If you think staying in a well renovated "luxury condo-like" HDB and driving a BMW with a SICC disc is all what you like, then go for it.

Enjoy your BMW & CC membership. Go to sengkang.com to post your comments there. I'm sure many there will share your sentiments.

Unregistered33 Guest

Kid, what are you trying to say when you say 'some more can stick an SICC disc...". Does that make you 'feel' rich. And the BMW thingy...are you going to pay cash for it?..and yet stay in HDB? Rich ppl do not flaunt their wealth like this my friend. I know of many rich friends who do not join any CC and drives only a toyota. Still don't know your motive here.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Ppl come on, lets not argue over this. Everyone got their own thinking and indulgence.

Whether its is to buy condo, landed or HDB. Buy/stay in whatever you think you are comfortable with.

Yes you are right about the maths shown above but not everyone likes BMW so lets move on...............
    agree with icekopi that we should move on. people buy private properties for many reasons and people don't buy also for various reasons. time to move on for those who believe.

agree with icekopi that we should move on. people buy private properties for many reasons and people don't buy also for various reasons. time to move on for those who believe.
    Yes. I think we should not bother by any irrelevant comments from others and should focus on more interesting topics like.

1) Update of construction progress and status of TOP
    2) Good lobang on any interior design that you had come across.
    3) Interesting ideas of how you want to renovate your future home.
    4) Any upcoming development in the surrounding. E.g. New wet market coming near seng kang and compassvale...and so forth.
    5) Anything you want to update and contribute to make this an interesting thread...

Weird Guest

Well, no matter how you renovate your HDB, it is still a HDB flat. Not exclusive and private. Might as well say buy a HDB near Sports Complex and then also get to enjoy facilities like swimming pool and tennis court. Weird kind of argument. If people want to buy Condo and can afford it. Why not for this exclusive lifestyle?

Batman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    Yes. I think we should not bother by any irrelevant comments from others and should focus on more interesting topics like.

1) Update of construction progress and status of TOP
    2) Good lobang on any interior design that you had come across.
    3) Interesting ideas of how you want to renovate your future home.
    4) Any upcoming development in the surrounding. E.g. New wet market coming near seng kang and compassvale...and so forth.
    5) Anything you want to update and contribute to make this an interesting thread...
    Right! just move ahead and dicuss better relevent topics. Do you guys think if we group together and get the same designer for TQ to do the same as showroom, will it be much cheaper that way? Maybe we can start to call each other if is a good idea.

Centris Lover Guest

Hi future neighbour,

Which BLK you buy? Me 63. BTW, get the kopitiam card if you are buying things from the chain of shops(got discount)

There is no blk 63, did you made a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Centris Lover
    Icekopi is not wrong. Blk 63 is beside 61. I think you go the wrong thread. This is The Quartz......are you looking at Centris?

dodoine Guest

Hi future owners, i noted that the big plot of empty land opposite is gonna be for residential purposes. Probably they gonna start the construction in 1-3 yrs time. Anybody worried bout the sound, dust and etc? Quite a big project, probably will stretch for another few years. But well, good thing is after 5-6 years, you c another stretch of premium HDB blocks! But the first few years wont be too pleasant.....? Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    Right! just move ahead and dicuss better relevent topics. Do you guys think if we group together and get the same designer for TQ to do the same as showroom, will it be much cheaper that way? Maybe we can start to call each other if is a good idea.
    Hi,

My present neighbour who already moved to Kovan Melody last year told me that upon TOP, some of the interior design companies actually apply to the developer to station at the lobby to gather interested owners who wish to renovate their home. He told me after shopping around for a couple of months, it is still more worthwhile to engage the designer that station at the lobby of their condo.

But of course if we can gather a few parties and engage the same designer, we should be able to enjoy a good deal (economic of scale). Taking into consideration the TOP may be between Mar to Jun 09, I think the most appropriate time to "fall in" those TQ owners should be towards the year end or latest after CNY.

To start the ball rolling, I will think that TQ owners should first register themself in the forum. Then we can PM each other if we need to "fall in" them in future. I suppose the time frame to "fall in" a suitable group may take a few months so we should start the roll call (electronics means) anytime. What do you guys/ladies think?

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dodoine
    Hi future owners, i noted that the big plot of empty land opposite is gonna be for residential purposes. Probably they gonna start the construction in 1-3 yrs time. Anybody worried bout the sound, dust and etc? Quite a big project, probably will stretch for another few years. But well, good thing is after 5-6 years, you c another stretch of premium HDB blocks! But the first few years wont be too pleasant.....? Hmmm....
    where did you get this information from? i was hoping that they build more low-rise shops around this area since a mall is quite unlikely. well, residential buildings are also fine with me.

Unregistered2 Guest

Hi,

My present neighbour who already moved to Kovan Melody last year told me that upon TOP, some of the interior design companies actually apply to the developer to station at the lobby to gather interested owners who wish to renovate their home. He told me after shopping around for a couple of months, it is still more worthwhile to engage the designer that station at the lobby of their condo.

But of course if we can gather a few parties and engage the same designer, we should be able to enjoy a good deal (economic of scale). Taking into consideration the TOP may be between Mar to Jun 09, I think the most appropriate time to "fall in" those TQ owners should be towards the year end or latest after CNY.

To start the ball rolling, I will think that TQ owners should first register themself in the forum. Then we can PM each other if we need to "fall in" them in future. I suppose the time frame to "fall in" a suitable group may take a few months so we should start the roll call (electronics means) anytime. What do you guys/ladies think?
    it will be good to pool owners together for the ID but don't need to be so early since we are not sure of the TOP date.

Quote Originally Posted by Centris Lover
    Ya, think you in the wrong thread lah. If there is no BLK 63 than what have I bought? lol!

Kennt, thanks for clarifying too.

Alan Tam Guest

Hi,

Good!! let start somewhere in November 2008. It may need time to find and design something that we like.

Default Empty land

where did you get this information from? i was hoping that they build more low-rise shops around this area since a mall is quite unlikely. well, residential buildings are also fine with me.
    From the masterplan 03 and masterplan 08, it shows that the site are reserved for residential areas. But to my understanding in the URA planning, as long as it is not for some other special development, usually empty space are reserved for residential.

Also not too bad, look at the residential area along Buangkok mrt, there bound to have some shops around it. But of course the flip side is the noise and dust which we have to bear with it for the time being.

Default TQ63

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    That is good idea. We will have better bargaining power.

Have you guys noted that most of the condo has kind of cement area near the window. What is it for? Why is it that HDB flat do not have it?
    Honestly, I think it is a waste of area. Has anybody ideas to make full use of it?
    Last edited by TQ63; 07-08-08 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tam
    Good!! let start somewhere in November 2008. It may need time to find and design something that we like.
    Hi Alan, yes I will think we can start the roll call (electronics means) in Nov 08to gather TQ owners that wish to talk about ID for their home if we are sure that the TOP is going to be mar09. Else if TOP delay to Jun 09, we can delay the roll call accordingly.

Hi Alan, yes I will think we can start the roll call (electronics means) in Nov 08to gather TQ owners that wish to talk about ID for their home if we are sure that the TOP is going to be mar09. Else if TOP delay to Jun 09, we can delay the roll call accordingly.
    Count me nad my wife TQ63 in.

On standby now.

Count me nad my wife TQ63 in.

On standby now.
    Hey, I don't mind being in the loop as well!

I am at Blk 67, phase 2

Default Bay window

Quote Originally Posted by TQ63
    That is good idea. We will have better bargaining power.

Have you guys noted that most of the condo has kind of cement area near the window. What is it for? Why is it that HDB flat do not have it?
    Honestly, I think it is a waste of area. Has anybody ideas to make full use of it?
    Hi TQ63 aka Mrs. IceKopi,

I suppose you are refering to Bay window. Don't think HDB flat have it. You can carpet it and place some soft toy (for child's room) or some nice deco (for master bed room).

Some of them may want to build some low cabinet/book shelf. It is quite nice (with some deco) if you don't leave it empty (cement).

For the smaller bed room, can consider to custom make the child's bed all the way to the edge of wall below the window, (the bed will sit partly on the bay wndow) to maximise space. Just my little opinion.

There are some differences in building a HDB and a Condo. Most HDB uses precast mould. The moulds are 'precasted' by factories and transported to site. From there they will just stack them onto each other to form a block. Just like logos.
    For private properties, the flexible design and the usage of more windows area in a unit does not allow for precast. They have the build each floor 'manually' to form a block. But the drawback is that there is a 'cement' area at the windows area. That is to support the block structually.

Centris Lover Guest

Talking Wrong thread

Ya, think you in the wrong thread lah. If there is no BLK 63 than what have I bought? lol!

Kennt, thanks for clarifying too.
    hehehe, my mistake, why I so blur? hehehe. I open so many thread and thought I am reading the Centris thread, Centris block start at Blk 65, what a coincidence..

Winner Guest

Cool Hello

Went to see the showroom at TQ,saw that the master's rm toilet doesnt come with a shower glass rm,instead a bathtub .Most Singaporeans prefer to have a shower rm.Ask the agent if buyers can have the option to replace the bathtub with a shower glass rm,answer was negative...

Quote Originally Posted by Winner
    Went to see the showroom at TQ,saw that the master's rm toilet doesnt come with a shower glass rm,instead a bathtub .Most Singaporeans prefer to have a shower rm.Ask the agent if buyers can have the option to replace the bathtub with a shower glass rm,answer was negative...
    Hi Winner, have you bought an unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Winner
    I guess the other option is to put a shower curtain or as what my wife suggested, go to the common toilet to bath. :P