View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 39 of 123 FirstFirst ... 91419242934353637383940414243444954596469 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Stack 63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 53
    I m staying at Blk 53.The price I bought was only $460psf.Although I know I can get some profits from it now if I let go but I still prefer to move in and enjoy all the facilities.Maybe after 2 years,then I will rent or sell cos by the time,the IR would be opened.Market won't be the same anymore!The only 'sad' thing is no shopping complex will be built at the MRT station cos I saw a road is now constructing cutting across the field.No more hope for shopping complex!Other than this,TQ is really a Cosy place to stay!
    Based on the URA master plan, the plot of land is for resiential.

Investment Banker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by offer view
    If you buying to stay for the next 5 years, than don't worry, as the prices for the property in Singapore will never go down to the last low. It may have adjustment now and than, but eventually it will go to the new high. Ask yourself, will the fish ball noodle go back to 30 cents a bowl? or will the HDB property go back to $8000 for 3 rms flat? It will never happen, but if that happen everyone of us will die, not only you.....

YOUR PROPERTY WILL DEFINITELY HAS 0 VALUE AFTER 99 YEARS.
    I AM SURE NO ONE WILL ARGUE ON THIS.

So if you plot the price of your property in a graphic against period of lease, it must have a point where it will start declining.
    But you're right, it looks like this point will not happen in the first 5 years.
    Most of the 99 year lease properties will reach this point after 10 years.

ManOnEarth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Investment Banker

So if you plot the price of your property in a graphic against period of lease, it must have a point where it will start declining.
    But you're right, it looks like this point will not happen in the first 5 years.

I can't agree more............

I think it's good to remind everyone that WHAT WE BUY IS ACTUALLY THE LEASE, NOT THE PROPERTY ITSELF.
    So when you sell your property in resale market, what the next buyer pay for is actually the remaining lease (i.e. 89 years if the property is already 10 years old).

In the first 5 years, maybe the price will be steady or even going up because no one will really care about the different between 99 years and 94 years.
    But after 10 years, people will start realising the obvious different between 89 years and 99 years.

desperation Guest

That is correct. That is why the Bayshores and Mandarin Gardens are always fighting about enbloc - because some of them jolly well know if they miss this enbloc window, they won't know when is the next window, and as the property ages, their bargaining power will decline significantly. Imagine the day you only have 10 year lease left, who will buy from you at the current price? Whoever who buy the property from you will only pay for the 10 years remaining lease, which would be a significant discount to today's price - the value would be 10 years of rental paid upfront - not much.

And for every one person who gets enbloced, there are 10,000 others who didn't. And 99 years is not a long time - there is probably only 5 enbloc fever windows in this period to get rid of your 99 years property. It would be interesting if some properties who didn't get enbloced come close to 99 years. I can imagine the desperation of the owners...

Quote Originally Posted by ManOnEarth
    I can't agree more............

I think it's good to remind everyone that WHAT WE BUY IS ACTUALLY THE LEASE, NOT THE PROPERTY ITSELF.
    So when you sell your property in resale market, what the next buyer pay for is actually the remaining lease (i.e. 89 years if the property is already 10 years old).

In the first 5 years, maybe the price will be steady or even going up because no one will really care about the different between 99 years and 94 years.
    But after 10 years, people will start realising the obvious different between 89 years and 99 years.

Understood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by desperation
    That is correct. That is why the Bayshores and Mandarin Gardens are always fighting about enbloc - because some of them jolly well know if they miss this enbloc window, they won't know when is the next window, and as the property ages, their bargaining power will decline significantly. Imagine the day you only have 10 year lease left, who will buy from you at the current price? Whoever who buy the property from you will only pay for the 10 years remaining lease, which would be a significant discount to today's price - the value would be 10 years of rental paid upfront - not much.

And for every one person who gets enbloced, there are 10,000 others who didn't. And 99 years is not a long time - there is probably only 5 enbloc fever windows in this period to get rid of your 99 years property. It would be interesting if some properties who didn't get enbloced come close to 99 years. I can imagine the desperation of the owners...
    Who the hell don't know your mother is a woman. Everyone knows what is the meaning of leasehold, no need you to explain so much... If you have the money then go for freehold. But if you only have so much and need a roof over your head then the best option will be the best. Why worry so much, we won't be around when the lease expires.

imagine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by desperation

No need to imagine, i belive you will die before the lease expries.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Investment Banker

isn't that common sense that our property will have zero value after 99 years? need you to tell?

Investment Banker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    isn't that common sense that our property will have zero value after 99 years? need you to tell?

YES, BUT THAT'S NOT MY MAIN POINT.

My main points are:
    - There is limited window for your property to appreciate in value (i.e. the first 5 years)
    - There is a point in time where your property will start declining (i.e. 10 years)

While it's true that most likely we already die after 99 years old, I think we still need to keep those 2 points in mind as 5-10 years is perfectly within our range of lifetime (i.e. who knows after 5-10 years you need cash, want to upgrade to a new launched condo, going overseas, etc).

TQ Guest

Cool

Why bother to discuss so much on leasehold or freehold.
    In this forum, we are talking about TQ. Most of us here are either the buyer or potential buyer.

Last weekend was at BK MRT, very lively. Am sure TQ will be a good choice.
    2 coffee shops, 24hrs NTUC, schools, and shops nearby......

st michael Guest

New launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!

Investment Banker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Understood
    Who the hell don't know your mother is a woman. Everyone knows what is the meaning of leasehold, no need you to explain so much... If you have the money then go for freehold. But if you only have so much and need a roof over your head then the best option will be the best. Why worry so much, we won't be around when the lease expires.

The fact that many people keep saying the property price will always go up and never go down is a good evidence that not everyone knows the meaning of leasehold.
    Or maybe they just forgot that it is a leasehold condo?

Quartz Watch Guest

Exclamation TQ

Hullo....why talk abt 99 years or free hold..important is whether you like or dislike..99 years can last you 4 generations...by that time, all the design of buildings will be so futuristic, all those FH units will be grossly outdated and will be kind of like living in the old age if you do not tear them down and rebuild.

ChickenRice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz Watch
    Hullo....why talk abt 99 years or free hold..important is whether you like or dislike..99 years can last you 4 generations...by that time, all the design of buildings will be so futuristic, all those FH units will be grossly outdated and will be kind of like living in the old age if you do not tear them down and rebuild.

I think Investment Banker didn't mainly talk about 99 years or freehold, but rather the side effect of that...which is the decline in property value after 5-10 years.

Duck Rice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenRice
    I think Investment Banker didn't mainly talk about 99 years or freehold, but rather the side effect of that...which is the decline in property value after 5-10 years.
    Chiltern Park, 99 years leasehold at Lorong Chuan was selling at $550k for 3 bedroom 14 years ago and they are selling $900k. How about that? nobody can really can predict what happen next. Plot ratio change, land change, everythings change by then.

ChickenRice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rice
    Chiltern Park, 99 years leasehold at Lorong Chuan was selling at $550k for 3 bedroom 14 years ago and they are selling $900k. How about that? nobody can really can predict what happen next. Plot ratio change, land change, everythings change by then.

Thanks to buoyant economy, but it will surely decline in value, don't you agree? I think it's just a matter of time.
    Even if the buoyant economy continue to happen, it can't help much.
    As you put it, the economy is something we can't predict, but the decline in the remaining lease is something absolute to happen.

ChickenPorridge Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rice

You're sure or not? or just the asking price (still looking for buyer)?
    Sorry to say but if someone really buy at that price, I am sure he must feel regret after making the deal.
    He should buy The Quarts at 700K and save the remaining 200K.
    It's new condo, more beautiful, near MRT, and the remaining lease is still 99 years )))

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by st michael
    New launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!
    why are you so happy that others are screwed now? why wish ill of others?

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenPorridge
    You're sure or not? or just the asking price (still looking for buyer)?
    Sorry to say but if someone really buy at that price, I am sure he must feel regret after making the deal.
    He should buy The Quarts at 700K and save the remaining 200K.
    It's new condo, more beautiful, near MRT, and the remaining lease is still 99 years )))
    to this i think it is true because the parents of my daughter's friend who got a unit in chiltern park when it was launched sold it for a profit and then used it to buy a landed property in paya lebar.

BS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    why are you so happy that others are screwed now? why wish ill of others?
    Because this bastard cannot afford a condo, that's why.

Unregistered6 Guest

c'mon guys, let's live and let live....focus on the discussion at hand...property...and more specifically, condominiums

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered6
    c'mon guys, let's live and let live....focus on the discussion at hand...property...and more specifically, condominiums
    Yes agree . For those who want to discuss other issue, please open your own thread in the discussion section. This thread is for TQ owners and would-be-owners.

TQ Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kennt
    Yes agree . For those who want to discuss other issue, please open your own thread in the discussion section. This thread is for TQ owners and would-be-owners.
    Yes. Fully agree. I thinking of buying a unit.
    Checked URA website, the take up rate of TQ is now 60%.

WHY WHY TELL ME WHY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ
    Yes. Fully agree. I thinking of buying a unit.
    Checked URA website, the take up rate of TQ is now 60%.
    Don't understand why the developer don't advertise TQ. The ad may cost 16,000 for full page colour in the ST, but I think it is worth it for the awareness. Many of my friends don't where is TQ as they are not staying in this region. I am sure the TQ can sell better for it good design layout and reasonable pricing and 2 mintues to MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by WHY WHY TELL ME WHY
    Don't understand why the developer don't advertise TQ. The ad may cost 16,000 for full page colour in the ST, but I think it is worth it for the awareness. Many of my friends don't where is TQ as they are not staying in this region. I am sure the TQ can sell better for it good design layout and reasonable pricing and 2 mintues to MRT.
    The developers are obviously not anxious to get rid of their units on hand yet. They probably guess that the price will stay fairly stable over the next 1/2 to 1 year, as the condo gets built up.

Confuse Buyer Guest

I wanted to buy TQ but after scanning property ads in newspaper, I just realise that there are many freehold units in East Coast/Tanjong Katong area are selling around the same price (800K).

So I kind of a back out a bit now.

Are they not a good location?
    Sorry I am not so familiar with East Coast area yet...so I would appreciate any opinions.

TQ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Confuse Buyer
    I wanted to buy TQ but after scanning property ads in newspaper, I just realise that there are many freehold units in East Coast/Tanjong Katong area are selling around the same price (800K).

Sorry I am not so familiar with East Coast area yet...so I would appreciate any opinions.
    Well, the greatest factor for TQ price is that it's near to MRT. Prices for these property, public or private, will not depreciate too much when things happen. Leasehold or freehold doesn't matter anymore.

ManOnEarth Guest

Well, the greatest factor for TQ price is that it's near to MRT. Prices for these property, public or private, will not depreciate too much when things happen. Leasehold or freehold doesn't matter anymore.

What? leasehold or freehold doesn't matter?
    Common man...let's not pretend it doesn't matter.
    Of course it does matter, the value of freehold property will not decline with time.

Property Hunter Guest

With MRT always very very crowded nowadays...I am wondering if being near to MRT is still a good bargain.
    I myself still looking for property at the moment, but I would rather forgo the option to stay near MRT and look for units with 999 yrs or freehold.

Like for me, it takes 25 minutes to go to the office by MRT, and it takes 40 minutes if I go by bus.
    But I still prefer bus as it's not too crowded and I can have a seat (hence I can read book, etc).
    It's also more tiring to take MRT after working hours as I have to see many stressful faces )

Property Hunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Confuse Buyer

Go for freehold I would say, but check first if the location has good bus access, especially to your office !!!

TQ new owner Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WHY WHY TELL ME WHY
    Yes. You are right. The awareness of TQ is rather low. Last week, at the Bishan Clover show flat, I was very surprised that even a property agent had not even heard of TQ. I need to tell her that it was a condo somewhere near Buangkok MRT. Are quite sure that if the potential buyer know about TQ and start doing the comparison, they will find that it was very much costs efficient as compare with Livia, Kovan residences and Clover. (I had just bought a unit very recently) I think Guocoland marketing should make some efforts to market the project if they want to take the opportunity to ride this small mass market property "BULL".