View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 36 of 123 FirstFirst ... 61116212631323334353637383940414651566166 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

.... Guest

Buyers forfeit deposits to exit deals
    Developers left facing unsold inventory as tighter loans and falling markets hit sentiment

Yvonne Liu
    Jun 18, 2008 , SCMP

Growing numbers of would-be home buyers in Beijing and Shenzhen are choosing to forfeit their deposits and withdraw from offers to buy homes as the uncertain outlook for the mainland property market erodes confidence.
    Home buyers in Beijing have the right not to proceed with purchases and return properties to developers during a "cooling-off" period of seven days, but any deposits that typically range from 20,000 yuan (HK$22,668) to 30,000 yuan will be lost.

In Shanghai, where agents said buyers had also begun cancelling deals since last month, the cooling-off period is two days and if buyers withdraw from their contracts within this period their deposits are returned.

While the system gives buyers a second chance to reconsider their investments, it may become a nightmare for developers.

According to data compiled by the Beijing local government and quoted in the Beijing Morning Post, 0.72 per cent to 3.92 per cent of buyers of four large residential projects in Beijing did not proceed with their purchases since early this year.

The situation has since worsened, said Li Wenjie, the general manager of Centaline (China) in the city. "Investors have lost money on the stock market and now they worry that property prices will drop further because of the falls on the stock market," he said.

Ten new residential projects in Beijing received sale consents in April and last month and data shows that 2.8 per cent to 8.72 per cent of the buyers did not proceed with their purchases and returned the properties to the developers, Mr Li said.

"However, it would be unusual to see the percentage increase by much more than this, or, say, to more than 5 per cent [on average]," he added.

Many of the buyers now withdrawing from proposed deals were middle-income investors who had suffered the most as a result of the declines in share prices. Most had bought properties around the Fifth Ring Road for 10,000 yuan per square metre, he added.

In Shanghai, Jessica Jiang, a deputy manager at Century 21, said the situation was not as bad as Beijing as property prices did not rise sharply last year. "Property prices remained stable after the cooling measures in October last year. And the price war in the primary market is not as serious as Beijing or Shenzhen," she said.

However, in Shenzhen and Guangzhou property prices retreated sharply after the cooling measures. According to a research report by DTZ, property prices in Shenzhen and Guangzhou dropped 7.3 per cent and 3.3 per cent respectively in the first quarter. But prices in Beijing and Shanghai rose 2.7 per cent and 1.8 per cent respectively.

Andy Lee, the general manager for Centaline (China) in Shenzhen, said that the city did not offer cooling-off periods for buyers. About 5 per cent of those who bought properties in the peak seasons of last year were in default for units recently, he said.

He estimated more than 50 per cent of the buyers during the February, March, June and July peak seasons were investors.

New home prices in Shenzhen have dropped 25 per cent to 30 per cent since October last year. A project in Nanshan district in Shenzhen even cut prices by more than 40 per cent to about 12,000 yuan per square metre since the fourth quarter of last year.

Mr Lee said many investors expected the consolidation in the property market would continue.

"They expect the price war in the primary market will continue as tighter conditions on property loans and weak buying sentiment force developers to adopt aggressive price discounting to lure buyers," he said. "Now they are trying to stop their losses."

In Guangzhou, Centaline (China) general manager Ellis Wong Hin-ming said a similar situation had arisen where more than 30 per cent of buyers at Evergrande Royal Scenic Peninsula developed by Evergrande Real Estate Group (SEHK: 3333) had returned the units to developers.

However, the situation was better than in Shenzhen as the growth in Guangzhou property prices last year was lower than in Shenzhen, Mr Wong said.

Unregister Guest

STOP POSTING THE SAME ARTICLE ALL OVER THE FORUM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    The Bishan new development is by Sim Lian, behind RI
    Where exactly is the location? Do they have a name yet?

Walk Walk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ....
    Buyers forfeit deposits to exit deals
    Developers left facing unsold inventory as tighter loans and falling markets hit sentiment

Yvonne Liu
    Jun 18, 2008 , SCMP

Growing numbers of would-be home buyers in Beijing and Shenzhen are choosing to forfeit their deposits and withdraw from offers to buy homes as the uncertain outlook for the mainland property market erodes confidence.
    Home buyers in Beijing have the right not to proceed with purchases and return properties to developers during a "cooling-off" period of seven days, but any deposits that typically range from 20,000 yuan (HK$22,668) to 30,000 yuan will be lost.

In Shanghai, where agents said buyers had also begun cancelling deals since last month, the cooling-off period is two days and if buyers withdraw from their contracts within this period their deposits are returned.

While the system gives buyers a second chance to reconsider their investments, it may become a nightmare for developers.

According to data compiled by the Beijing local government and quoted in the Beijing Morning Post, 0.72 per cent to 3.92 per cent of buyers of four large residential projects in Beijing did not proceed with their purchases since early this year.

The situation has since worsened, said Li Wenjie, the general manager of Centaline (China) in the city. "Investors have lost money on the stock market and now they worry that property prices will drop further because of the falls on the stock market," he said.

Ten new residential projects in Beijing received sale consents in April and last month and data shows that 2.8 per cent to 8.72 per cent of the buyers did not proceed with their purchases and returned the properties to the developers, Mr Li said.

"However, it would be unusual to see the percentage increase by much more than this, or, say, to more than 5 per cent [on average]," he added.

Many of the buyers now withdrawing from proposed deals were middle-income investors who had suffered the most as a result of the declines in share prices. Most had bought properties around the Fifth Ring Road for 10,000 yuan per square metre, he added.

In Shanghai, Jessica Jiang, a deputy manager at Century 21, said the situation was not as bad as Beijing as property prices did not rise sharply last year. "Property prices remained stable after the cooling measures in October last year. And the price war in the primary market is not as serious as Beijing or Shenzhen," she said.

However, in Shenzhen and Guangzhou property prices retreated sharply after the cooling measures. According to a research report by DTZ, property prices in Shenzhen and Guangzhou dropped 7.3 per cent and 3.3 per cent respectively in the first quarter. But prices in Beijing and Shanghai rose 2.7 per cent and 1.8 per cent respectively.

Andy Lee, the general manager for Centaline (China) in Shenzhen, said that the city did not offer cooling-off periods for buyers. About 5 per cent of those who bought properties in the peak seasons of last year were in default for units recently, he said.

He estimated more than 50 per cent of the buyers during the February, March, June and July peak seasons were investors.

New home prices in Shenzhen have dropped 25 per cent to 30 per cent since October last year. A project in Nanshan district in Shenzhen even cut prices by more than 40 per cent to about 12,000 yuan per square metre since the fourth quarter of last year.

Mr Lee said many investors expected the consolidation in the property market would continue.

"They expect the price war in the primary market will continue as tighter conditions on property loans and weak buying sentiment force developers to adopt aggressive price discounting to lure buyers," he said. "Now they are trying to stop their losses."

In Guangzhou, Centaline (China) general manager Ellis Wong Hin-ming said a similar situation had arisen where more than 30 per cent of buyers at Evergrande Royal Scenic Peninsula developed by Evergrande Real Estate Group (SEHK: 3333) had returned the units to developers.

However, the situation was better than in Shenzhen as the growth in Guangzhou property prices last year was lower than in Shenzhen, Mr Wong said.
    wah people forfeit deposit meh? better to wait and see now. cannot throw money lah.

Quote Originally Posted by kennt
    Where exactly is the location? Do they have a name yet?
    Clover by the park.

Fúck Off Chinaman! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Walk Walk
    wah people forfeit deposit meh? better to wait and see now. cannot throw money lah.
    Chinaman, fúck off from CONDOsingapore.com. This is not China. Go back to your China, moron!

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of May 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 15 ............................. 833 ................ 742 ............... 693
    Wah! The Quartz is doing well man!
    $833 psf! Not bad!

TQ Guest

Wink

anyone know of the lowest interest rate offer in town?

ManOnEarth Guest

CORRECTION:

Lowest is 509 psf, highest 747 psf.
    Hmm....apparently many first time buyers actually bought many choice units around 500 psf about 2 and even 1 year ago.

I actually consider buying one but somehow feel heart-ache knowing the big different in price

Ms Ang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ManOnEarth
    CORRECTION:

Lowest is 509 psf, highest 747 psf.
    Hmm....apparently many first time buyers actually bought many choice units around 500 psf about 2 and even 1 year ago.

I actually consider buying one but somehow feel heart-ache knowing the big different in price
    Hi, I am considering a subsell unit at S$720K, 10 floor (1066) at Blk 53, any comments whether izzit worth while? currently developer left over lower floor 5th-7th floor below $750K only.

TQ owner1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Ang
    Hi, I am considering a subsell unit at S$720K, 10 floor (1066) at Blk 53, any comments whether izzit worth while? currently developer left over lower floor 5th-7th floor below $750K only.
    Hi Ms. Ang,

Is the unit pool facing or main road facing? At $720K, you are paying $675 PSF. In my personal view, this is considered above average deal (unless it is pool facing, then it will be a fantastic deal). If considering developer will remove the 8% cash rebate anytime, you should seriously consider it now. I think at $675 PSF, it is difficult to get similar pricing at other project near MRT. Hope to see you at TQ.

Investment Banker Guest

HOLD YOUR BUY!!!!

Currently markets in general are having liquidity problem, property market is not exception.

If you look at the massive amount of property ads in newspaper being put everyday, it's easy to realise that markets start being over-supplied.
    You might even notice that same units are being advertised again and again which indicate difficulty of finding buyer.

See what already happened in the US where the property prices are down very significantly due to this liquidity problem (aka "subprime mortgage crisis").
    The same might happen here as well eventhough may not be as bad.

Of course property agents will deny this phenomenon and say otherwise as this is not good for their business.

Hold Buy Guest

Hold it Ms Ang. In a few months you will get a better unit at S$500K. It will drop for sure. All signs pointing towards it. Dont regret later when your neighbour pays 40% lower. Finally it is your call.

BooBoo Guest

Default Just bought

well well ! amidst some negative remarks and negative sentiments, just bought my unit in TQ yesterday! So far TOP is expected in March. Yum Yum! Hope to move in soon!

congrats !!

TQ1 Guest

If you have not bought, plse do not buy from Guocoland .. they very cheapskate ... poor quality ... only want to suck you dry ... look for other development better

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hold Buy
    Hold it Ms Ang. In a few months you will get a better unit at S$500K. It will drop for sure. All signs pointing towards it. Dont regret later when your neighbour pays 40% lower. Finally it is your call.
    $500k? wait long long. went to dakota residence's launch yesterday. two blocks of 2-room units totally sold the day before (soft launch).

Unregistered2 Guest

forgot to add that dakota doesn't even come with tennis court!

Ms Ang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ owner1
    Hi Ms. Ang,

Is the unit pool facing or main road facing? At $720K, you are paying $675 PSF. In my personal view, this is considered above average deal (unless it is pool facing, then it will be a fantastic deal). If considering developer will remove the 8% cash rebate anytime, you should seriously consider it now. I think at $675 PSF, it is difficult to get similar pricing at other project near MRT. Hope to see you at TQ.
    Its facing HDB. The block next to the show flat

TQ owner 1 Guest

Its facing HDB. The block next to the show flat
    I think if you are urgently looking for a place to stay and can't wait ro see if the price will drop next year, then buy.
    If can afford to wait, then wait. But to be frank, taking into consideration the soaring construction costs, don't think you can get below $600PSF even if the property go down next year. Unless the developer lose money selling the unit. But if the price go up after the last few quarters consolidation, then you will miss to buy at this "low price" opportunity.

BooBoo Guest

Default You know what!?

I am hardly a property expert. So ths is just my humble opinion. I believe there is never a clear case of when to buy or sell. Even wuth current market conditions n sentiments, no one knows for sure how the future prices r gonna be like. As long as it is within ur cofort zone and u like the units enough, why not just go ahead?? Easier said than done huh.

Anyway, which bank offers the best SIBOR linked rates now? so far HSBC looks good at SIBOR + 0.7, no lock in
    comments?

Ms Ang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ owner 1
    I think if you are urgently looking for a place to stay and can't wait ro see if the price will drop next year, then buy.
    If can afford to wait, then wait. But to be frank, taking into consideration the soaring construction costs, don't think you can get below $600PSF even if the property go down next year. Unless the developer lose money selling the unit. But if the price go up after the last few quarters consolidation, then you will miss to buy at this "low price" opportunity.
    Hi TQ owner 1
    Thanks for your advice, honesty, I think the offer is quite attractive and within my budget. I have seem quite a few developments and of which TQ comes with the best convenience (MRT, eatery, NTUC etc) of all.

Developer left over below S$750K after 8% rebate are only those 7th floor and below.....so I guess 10th floor at the price of S$720K still acceptable.

Cheers...

BooBoo Guest

Default subsale?

Hey hey...actually, under subsales, i think quite a number of 1066 units going at ok price....should check it out

TQ owner 1 Guest

Hi TQ owner 1
    Thanks for your advice, honesty, I think the offer is quite attractive and within my budget. I have seem quite a few developments and of which TQ comes with the best convenience (MRT, eatery, NTUC etc) of all.

Developer left over below S$750K after 8% rebate are only those 7th floor and below.....so I guess 10th floor at the price of S$720K still acceptable.

Cheers...
    Yes. I will think so. Think you have done enough home work to realize that $720K is still acceptable. Should'nt go wrong at $6XX PSF and somemore very near to MRT. If don't want to stay next time, also can rent out with at least 6% annual return..... FYI, my friend who rented out his Kovan melody unit at $4++K per month can even use the money to finance his KM condo and a four room rented HDB.

Ms Ang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo
    Hey hey...actually, under subsales, i think quite a number of 1066 units going at ok price....should check it out
    BTW, the unit I am considering is under subsales.

Bishan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Agent1
    There will be 2 new launches that I know of, one in Pasir Ris and the other in Bishan.

The one in Pasir Ris is about 620psf - 700psf.
    The price is slightly higher than The Quarts, but it's developed by CDL who is very famous for high quality condo.

I am still looking for more info for the one in Bishan, maybe others can give update?

Bishan one will have a soft launch starting from today. I think will most probably launch to the public this coming weekend?

Bishan Guest

BTW, the unit I am considering is under subsales.

I call up and some are selling at 680k. If not urgent prehaps you should wait and see if it will drop further. Because when nearer to TOP these sellers will have to pay another 10%, so most of these sellers will try to sell it before TOP.

Bishan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo
    I am hardly a property expert. So ths is just my humble opinion. I believe there is never a clear case of when to buy or sell. Even wuth current market conditions n sentiments, no one knows for sure how the future prices r gonna be like. As long as it is within ur cofort zone and u like the units enough, why not just go ahead?? Easier said than done huh.

Anyway, which bank offers the best SIBOR linked rates now? so far HSBC looks good at SIBOR + 0.7, no lock in
    comments?

I just signed up one with UOB also at SIBOR + 0.7. But heard that recently it went up to SIBOR + 1.1% already. Are you sure if HSBC still offering at SIBOR + 0.7, if it is you should sign up fast. Quite an attractive rate.

curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bishan
    I call up and some are selling at 680k. If not urgent prehaps you should wait and see if it will drop further. Because when nearer to TOP these sellers will have to pay another 10%, so most of these sellers will try to sell it before TOP.
    Is it a 2 bedder for $680K? If 3 bedder, it is considered very cheap.

Bishan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by curious
    Is it a 2 bedder for $680K? If 3 bedder, it is considered very cheap.

3 bedder but only 1055 or 1066 sqf only.