View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 35 of 123 FirstFirst ... 51015202530313233343536373839404550556065 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by Quatz
    Not sure you are comparing against when.
    The latest pricing that I know off is 1130sqf is about 830k.
    Not sure if the developer will be lowering down the prices or not????
    Is "1130sqf for 830k" the price before the 8% rebate? Thanks

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pondering
    Anyone know what is the take up rate for the Quartz?
    Heard there are lots of units available. Is it true?
    If so, how come? The project is near MRT yet they are not selling as good as Kovan Melody.
    things are unpredictable these days with the hike in oil prices, subprime crisis, inflation, etc. Fewer takers for properties are logical outcome.

Boo Guest

Talking rebate

hmm....1163 sft unit is 748k after 8% rebate...this is for the 7th floor. Think it's still rather steep. Guess those selling still have not realised that they r not gonna be able to sell their units so high since develop units still cheaper. CRASH QUIK!!! I WANNA ENTER

Prophet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ohhhhhhhh its falling
    Speculators dumping and running for cover. They have no choice to dump dump dump and salvage whatever they can. Its going to come down more and more. Crash imminent.
    Hiya, there will be another property hike soon even higher than the peak in 2007...the current price is a good time to go in....only those with holding power will emerge as the winners...

Boo your head Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    hmm....1163 sft unit is 748k after 8% rebate...this is for the 7th floor. Think it's still rather steep. Guess those selling still have not realised that they r not gonna be able to sell their units so high since develop units still cheaper. CRASH QUIK!!! I WANNA ENTER
    Stop dreaming lah...market will not crash. It will only stablise. Get out of here is you are not serious in getting a unit. We don't need childish comments here.

Boo Guest

Default duh

i think i am entitled to my comments. You can choose to agree, or disagree. NO ONE knows what's gonna happen next so what's so childish!? Please mind your comments.

Leonhart Guest

Default Look at facts

509 psf. Why bother to argue so much..

Ye Ye Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart
    I bought a unit in blk 63..... Looking forward for the completion......

URA Guest

Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged

Project Name . Price ....... Floor Area . Price ..... Date Of Option
    The Quartz ...... $787,500 . 1,055sqft ... $747psf . May 08
    The Quartz ...... $833,000 . 1,636sqft ... $509psf . May 08
    The Quartz ...... $888,300 . 1,206sqft ... $737psf . May 08
    The Quartz ...... $670,000 . 1,023sqft ... $655psf . May 08
    The Quartz ...... $826,200 . 1,163sqft ... $711psf . May 08

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart
    Exactly. Why argue so much?

Like ground-floor unit with big PES, take 1,636sqft unit at $509psf.
    Like high-floor unit, take 1,055sqft unit at $747psf.

You have choice.

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged

Project Name . Price ....... Floor Area . Price ..... Date Of Option
    The Quartz ...... $787,500 . 1,055sqft ... $747psf . May 08
    The Quartz ...... $833,000 . 1,636sqft ... $509psf . May 08
    The Quartz ...... $888,300 . 1,206sqft ... $737psf . May 08
    The Quartz ...... $670,000 . 1,023sqft ... $655psf . May 08
    The Quartz ...... $826,200 . 1,163sqft ... $711psf . May 08

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    fewer transactions do not mean crash la! it's the uncertainty abroad that is stopping me from buying now. many people can hold their properties.

Price Update Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    fewer transactions do not mean crash la! it's the uncertainty abroad that is stopping me from buying now. many people can hold their properties.
    The Quartz Buangkok Drive/Sengkang Central Winterhall Pte Ltd Non-Landed OCR
    Median PSF $742 Lowest PSF $693 Highest PSF $833

Though the price shown should be before 8% cash rebate. Highest PSF $833 (or $766 after rebate) indicate clearly of an upper price trend for TQ.

Cheers to all TQ owners.

iridrium Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stack 15
    Is "1130sqf for 830k" the price before the 8% rebate? Thanks
    Lets just say that I have indepth knowledge on the developer.... Price will not crash and the developer HAS the financial power to hold the units. They have demostrated that at LeCrescendo. This is not any kuching kurup developer.

People are not crowding the showflat but new units are consistantly logged in the caveat each week. This development will see a slow but steady sale and both price and sale monmentum will pick up nearer TOP.

For those waiting for cheap pickings, my advice is ... don't wait.

Mee Siam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Lets just say that I have indepth knowledge on the developer.... Price will not crash and the developer HAS the financial power to hold the units. They have demostrated that at LeCrescendo. This is not any kuching kurup developer.

People are not crowding the showflat but new units are consistantly logged in the caveat each week. This development will see a slow but steady sale and both price and sale monmentum will pick up nearer TOP.

You will wait if you are not a serious buyer and well prepared to pay more next year. With the inflationary spiral to spread across all sectors only fools will keep cash.

There are no theory to justify that when petrol, rice, and all comodities has skyrocketed, but the ppty prices will go down. So, be wise to put your money for a good use, bro!

TQ early buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium

Yes. TQ price is slow but it is rather stable and I do see the price appreciation from my purchase 1-2 years ago.

Though developer do give cash rebate but usually increased first then rebate. Thus it protect the previous buyer. Though most of the TQ owner bought the unit for own stay, they will still feel "heart pain" if the price drop and they discover that new owner bought the unit much cheaper than them.

Thus I do agree with iridrium that though TQ sales is rather slow but price remain steady and inching up. Good sign.

iridrium Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mee Siam
    You will wait if you are not a serious buyer and well prepared to pay more next year. With the inflationary spiral to spread across all sectors only fools will keep cash.

There are no theory to justify that when petrol, rice, and all comodities has skyrocketed, but the ppty prices will go down. So, be wise to put your money for a good use, bro!
    A bit confused here..."With the inflationary spiral to spread across all sectors only fools will keep cash." So shouldn't you put your money in any investment that will outperform inflation i.e >6% return per annum? Other investments aside, if you purchase your property and loan at 3% per annum, isn't it a good hedge against inflation where the value of your money goes down by 6%.

then you say "There are no theory to justify that when petrol, rice, and all comodities has skyrocketed, but the ppty prices will go down." Isn't inflation measure across a basket of goods. Why are only commodities afflected and not price?

My view is that property prices MAY go down, but it probably won't. Over the past two years, developers purchased the land at price exceeding historical high, and the construction cost has skyrocketed , that means that the breakeven cost for them is high too. Even if they want to reduce price, you cannot possibly expect them to subsidise your condo right? Anyway, when the developer achieved approx 50% of the sale, they can afford to take it easy since they have cover the cost of the construction.

Unknown Guest

Default Wait and see

Looks like more and more first phase buyers start re-selling below developer price and realise profit.
    I am wondering if it's worth to wait and see before buying directly from developer.

RF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    Looks like more and more first phase buyers start re-selling below developer price and realise profit.
    I am wondering if it's worth to wait and see before buying directly from developer.
    Yup noticed that as well, good as there will be more options for new buyers.
    Could also drag the developer price down.

URA Guest

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of May 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 15 ............................. 833 ................ 742 ............... 693

ManOnEarth Guest

CORRECTION:

Lowest is 509 psf, highest 747 psf.
    Hmm....apparently many first time buyers actually bought many choice units around 500 psf about 2 and even 1 year ago.

I actually consider buying one but somehow feel heart-ache knowing the big gap in the different in price (((

Anyone heard any new developments in other area?

Property Analyst Guest

This is certainly NO GOOD BUY for investment, especially now when the property market is at still their peak (eventhough there's strong sign of going down).

But if you're buying for stay and don't really care about your property value going down, then GO FOR IT.
    I think TQ is a nice condo despite the so many HDB flats in surrounding environment.

Loo Guest

i agree it's a nice condo to stay in. Rather keen on the 1163 sq ft units. However, still waiting a while, check if prices will fall a little. If not, think i'll get it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Loo
    i agree it's a nice condo to stay in. Rather keen on the 1163 sq ft units. However, still waiting a while, check if prices will fall a little. If not, think i'll get it soon.
    It is probably the cheapest condo located next to the MRT station right now. When it first launched, people who brought it at $550-$600psf thinks it is a bit expensive, they are now reselling those just below the developer's price.

I think the next surge will come when the development TOP, the question is, would you want to miss out on bigger gain for small drop?

Tt Guest

AGREE!!!

If buying from developers now, not only the prices are too high, many choice units have also been taken.
    So we are only left with ordinary units but with premium prices.

I heard there are some more new developments going on in some other areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Tt
    AGREE!!!

If buying from developers now, not only the prices are too high, many choice units have also been taken.

The nearest comparable will be the one next to kovan melody (no name yet) bidded at $436psf/PR, breakeven cost for that site should be $700 - $750psf. Including profit margin, you should expect the price to be around $800psf.

Further down this site will be former minton rise developed by Kheng Leong I think, but that site got no MRT.

Unregistered2 Guest

AGREE!!!

you are wrong. guocoland actually left the good units for the last so that it can sell at higher prices.

Tt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    you are wrong. guocoland actually left the good units for the last so that it can sell at higher prices.

Ah I see, I once heard that similar strategy as well.
    In that case it should be the other way around, we must be extra careful when buying from early buyers.
    The prices are certainly lower than developer, but we should reconsider whether the price is low enough to compensate the fact that they are not good units.

Agent1 Guest

AGREE!!!

There will be 2 new launches that I know of, one in Pasir Ris and the other in Bishan.

The one in Pasir Ris is about 620psf - 700psf.
    The price is slightly higher than The Quarts, but it's developed by CDL who is very famous for high quality condo.

I am still looking for more info for the one in Bishan, maybe others can give update?

The Bishan new development is by Sim Lian, behind RI

milkyway18 Guest

hearing the bishan one selling ard 800psf... that's ex man!! not near mrt at all... and the traffic is really bad in the morning... 2 lanes traffic and 1 lane usually taken up by buses...