View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 86 of 123 FirstFirst ... 5661667176818283848586878889909196101106111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

I think if we have small kids, it is definitely advisable to install window grille at the planter sliding door. Better be safe than sorry. My wife insisted that it is a must. Though it may not be very "nice" but safety is the top priority for us.

For TV sets, I think Audio House in Liang Court typically offers very competitive pricing. Also this electric shop call "Parisilk" just outside Nee Soon Camp also can offer very good prices. I usually do my model shopping at Harvey Norman or Best Denki and then go and ask them for quotes. Parisilk is a no Frill shop that has not much display units. Hence the cheaper price etc.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Quartzbie
    Hi Quartz...where did you buy the Samsung Tv from?
    From Harvey Norman. Actually Best and Courts is selling @ the same price. But the main difference is that they can't hold the stock till May 09.

I have thinking of doing a sliding glass door between the wet kitchen and yard too...any ID quoted u yet?
    Me too, safer for kids.

wow mine quote me $700... doing a sliding door in our own area also need thier approval?

Any idea do we need approval if we would to put a hanger at the yard area too?
    This was told by my agent. As for the Clothes Hanger, i think those which able to push out will not be allowed. I am not very sure on this.

wow mine quote me $700... doing a sliding door in our own area also need thier approval?

Any idea do we need approval if we would to put a hanger at the yard area too?
    This was told by my agent. As for hanging device, i think should be ok if not everyone will be having a fashion parade in the hall or window. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Thanks man!
    No probs bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Hi axela_3 and Alan,

Many of my friends including my wife don't really suggest we get this brand Phillips.

Think better go CNET or some similar sites to get feedbacks 1st before commiting!
    Hi Bro,

Tx 4 the advice. Not too sure about the LCDs but the soundbar from phillips was actually rated the best in cnet. so i guess, the lcds won't be too far off...i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY
    Yeah so pricey and design so so.
    Hey anyone went to the Modern Living. I happen to go yesterday and sign up with INCH DESIGN on their platform bed design.. Quite worried. I went to sungei kadut their showroom but wasnt happy with the workmanship.
    Anyone sign up with them.
    I went on Sat. But did not sign up any thing. Just went to talk to few ID firm, get their ideas and quotations. Will only decide after I collect the key.

I have thinking of doing a sliding glass door between the wet kitchen and yard too...any ID quoted u yet?
    Is it pratical to do a sliding door? Is it a full height door? Do you intend to keep the door close at all times? If you leave it open, then it is as good as without door? If it is close at all time, it is kind of wihtout air circulation.

I also have kids in my family. i have been thinking about this problem for a few months. I am thinking of getting or custom make a half height gate, at the yard and planter area. At least to prevent the kids from getting near the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tam
    Have to watch out for the bay window also. See whether can install a lock.
    I thinking of installing window grill. Of course it is not those standard metal window grill found commonly. I approach a few ID firm when I visited the modern living expo last Sat and I post this requirement to them. See if they can come up with anything nice and yet practical window grill.
    Will share with all if there is any good and practical idea.

In fact if you visit the showroom, one of the MBR has something that look like a window grill. It looks nice and elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by quartz
    Hi Hi,

Me also just bought a 40 inch series 5 Samsung @1799.00 with a free 26 inch LCD. Best thing is that they can hold on to it for me till May 09.

Cheers.
    Actually for electronics stuff like TV, there is no need to buy and hold. The price is dropping every day. And there are bargain every now and then, and there is an IT show coming next week (more bargains).
    If you check the hardware zone forum, there are offers everywhere. Recently there is one just ended, 42" Panasonic PV8 (plasma) cost only $1149 and come with $600 ntuc voucher. effectively the price is only $549. It shows how cheap the TV can go.

Not meant to spoil your mood, just to share with everyone
    Anyway you have bought, just enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by SIA
    I thinking of installing window grill. Of course it is not those standard metal window grill found commonly. I approach a few ID firm when I visited the modern living expo last Sat and I post this requirement to them. See if they can come up with anything nice and yet practical window grill.
    Will share with all if there is any good and practical idea.

In fact if you visit the showroom, one of the MBR has something that look like a window grill. It looks nice and elegant.
    When you collect your key, you'll also get a copy of the unit layout with the actual dimension. If you don't get it, you can request to have a copy. The best is still to go on site & do the measurement on site.

Do take note that condo has standardised design & color for all windows grille and gates if you decided to install one. You can request to have a different design but depends on whether it is approve or not.

If you plan to do renovation & hack something, you will need to submit an application form with the details and give a cheque deposit of $500. You cannot proceed before you get approval. At the end of the renovation work, the management will send someone to do an renovation inspection. Only if everything is ok, then they will return you the cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    When you collect your key, you'll also get a copy of the unit layout with the actual dimension. If you don't get it, you can request to have a copy. The best is still to go on site & do the measurement on site.

Do take note that condo has standardised design & color for all windows grille and gates if you decided to install one. You can request to have a different design but depends on whether it is approve or not.

If you plan to do renovation & hack something, you will need to submit an application form with the details and give a cheque deposit of $500. You cannot proceed before you get approval. At the end of the renovation work, the management will send someone to do an renovation inspection. Only if everything is ok, then they will return you the cheque.
    Yes, I also heard from one of the ID firm last Sat that I need to get approval for installing window grill. It is kind of strange as it is something inside the house and not outside, why need approval?

Yes, I also heard from one of the ID firm last Sat that I need to get approval for installing window grill. It is kind of strange as it is something inside the house and not outside, why need approval?
    It's a standard practise in condo. Uniformity is important. Imagine a condo with different color & design window grilles. it looks ugly isn' it & no different from HDB. This will affect the value of the development if you plan to sell it later.

Also, you have to submit a form to use the lift during renovation if you are on level 2 and above. Any damage done, you will need to pay. There are rules & regulations living in condo. You'll get to know the house rules better when you collect the key.

Is it pratical to do a sliding door? Is it a full height door? Do you intend to keep the door close at all times? If you leave it open, then it is as good as without door? If it is close at all time, it is kind of wihtout air circulation.

I also have kids in my family. i have been thinking about this problem for a few months. I am thinking of getting or custom make a half height gate, at the yard and planter area. At least to prevent the kids from getting near the edge.
    Im not sure if its practical for you. But the reason i put a full height glass door is to prevent dirtying my clean clothes when we cook so I would only be closing it when we are cooking if not it would be open most of the time. by the way there is a small window in the wet kitchen rite?

I went on Sunday. Parking was a nightmare due to NATAS Fair 2009.
    Some IDs there looks like ah beng and ah seng...

Please do take note. Don't let the designer go shopping with you. You will be "Chopped"!!
    Last edited by isaaclim; 03-03-09 at 09:41.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Yes, you're right. Some really do not look like designer and I do not have faith giving them my business.
    anyway I just want to get a comparison and ideas, and not making any decision. so harm trying, maybe just waste a few hours of discussion.

Im not sure if its practical for you. But the reason i put a full height glass door is to prevent dirtying my clean clothes when we cook so I would only be closing it when we are cooking if not it would be open most of the time. by the way there is a small window in the wet kitchen rite?
    ok, you put up the sliding door for a different reason. I was thinking of how to prevent the kids from going near the edge.

I saw the small window in the virtual showflat. But not sure where it open out to because from the floor plan, it seems to open out to the bath 2 ????
    Have to see the actual unit to know.

I think if have kids, its a must to install the window grill. For main entrance, I will be installing a gate too. But I know for condos, there are a certain designs we can choose from. Not much choice, but don't think will be too ugly.

For the hanger, I think we can install those retractable type, that goes out to the air con ledge..Its quite common for condos, if not, where to hang our clothes for those without a larger yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    I think if have kids, its a must to install the window grill. For main entrance, I will be installing a gate too. But I know for condos, there are a certain designs we can choose from. Not much choice, but don't think will be too ugly.

For the hanger, I think we can install those retractable type, that goes out to the air con ledge..Its quite common for condos, if not, where to hang our clothes for those without a larger yard.
    A gate at main entrance? why? You are stay in condo...

You cannot hang anythings outside your unit without permission from management office. Even at planter also not allow. That's why dryer is a must for condo. In fact you can install some iron hook for bamboo sticks at the yard area.

Please do take note. Don't let the designer go shopping with you. You will be "Chopped"!!
    actually ID is a very personal thing. So I believe that we should spend when it is necessary. After all, if staying for long term, better to get someone more costly than to try to bargain for a good deal then realize that you have to "top" up, otherwise you will get inferior quality furnishing. I went for a fair before and these so called IDs try to hassle you to check out their so called designs. Many of them are actually contractors only, and trying to be IDs. But to be fair to them, times are bad and we cant really blame them also.

But I must say that so far, the few IDs I have sought advice from tell me that 10-12k is unrealistic even for a condo. e..g feature walls, bay window area, platform bed, rewiring your points. At least 20k to do the minimum if you want good quality that lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by chang
    actually ID is a very personal thing. So I believe that we should spend when it is necessary. After all, if staying for long term, better to get someone more costly than to try to bargain for a good deal then realize that you have to "top" up, otherwise you will get inferior quality furnishing. I went for a fair before and these so called IDs try to hassle you to check out their so called designs. Many of them are actually contractors only, and trying to be IDs. But to be fair to them, times are bad and we cant really blame them also.

But I must say that so far, the few IDs I have sought advice from tell me that 10-12k is unrealistic even for a condo. e..g feature walls, bay window area, platform bed, rewiring your points. At least 20k to do the minimum if you want good quality that lasts.
    Unless you are sure that they use very good material, otherwise > 20k is simply too expensive. It is just some adding on - No hacking + removing any existing design.

Features + false ceiling at dinning + living hall, False ceiling at all bedroosm, solid top on bay windows + some do up at the master bedroom. At most 10k at this climate.

Let's see... I am still waiting for few proposal + quotation.

Unless you are sure that they use very good material, otherwise > 20k is simply too expensive. It is just some adding on - No hacking + removing any existing design.

Features + false ceiling at dinning + living hall, False ceiling at all bedroosm, solid top on bay windows + some do up at the master bedroom. At most 10k at this climate.

Do share with us when u get ur quotations ya.

I understand quartz is using town gas so it's also considered as piped gas right?

I tend to agree with isaac here. Early last year i went to a ID to check out the quotation for generally about the same things that were discussed here and they quoted 15k. With the onset of recession, i believe it should be in the region of 12k max.

They are just using these tactics to get customers to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by GEMS
    I understand quartz is using town gas so it's also considered as piped gas right?
    Ya that is stated some where i guess haha..any way the heater is also heated by gas. Any idea gas heater is better or electric heater?

Ya that is stated some where i guess haha..any way the heater is also heated by gas. Any idea gas heater is better or electric heater?
    i've found out that it is more efficient to use the gas water heater as reported in The Straits Times dated 25 May, 2000. Following the recommendation of the National Energy Efficiency Committee (NEEC), HDB has announced that designs of its flats will be improved to extend existing gas pipes in the kitchen to encourage residents to switch from electric water heaters to gas water heaters.

As for Storage heater, it takes more than 10 minutes to heat up, it is also a waste of energy as you definitely will heat up more water then you care to use.

Lastly,if u think gas if unsafe, water and electricity also don't mix too, you get electrocuted if the power line touches the water

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    Hi ctam,

Just to check with you on the key deferment to a later date. I received calls from my law firm saying that the key collection will be in Apr. Actually, I also prefer to collect my keys at a later date as I currently staying in a rental flat that still have a remaining lease of about 6-7 months. (I sold my HDB last year).

Do you write in to request for it?

Are you in the similar situation as me or you need time to dispose your current house?
    TQ1 & ctam,

I am also in the similar dilemma, my elder boy is in Pri 1 this year and I am not prepared to change environment until he finishes his exam in Oct/Nov this year.

Do you know what it takes for us to delay the key collection etc? I understand that I have 6 months from TOP to sell off my current HDB. Hence if TOP is in Apr, then Oct is a very tight schedule. Do I need to talk to my lawyer to ask CPF to defer the 6 months thingy? Anyone with such experience will help. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Hi, I've checked with the agent with regards for tearing down the wall & bathtub b4 buying TQ. If it is really torn down, there'll b no guarantee. But as in whether it can really b torn down, you can directly check with the developer upon collection of keys. Think we'll b ask to sign an "agreement" to abide to the rules there. hehe..

Looks like all of us got certain "lobangs". Let's all meet up once we gotten the keys and exchange those "lobangs".

As what I know,long time ago.Buildings or Flat were built up by piling structure but nowadays mostly new high rise flat were built up by moulding structure and being stack up level by level.Like LEGO,So even if we hack down walls internal,it will not be going to damage any of the other level structure.As long we get a PE to certified,it shd be OK!Definately,there ll be loop hole in doing it......I don't believe they will inspect unit to unit.

Cool

Actually for electronics stuff like TV, there is no need to buy and hold. The price is dropping every day. And there are bargain every now and then, and there is an IT show coming next week (more bargains).
    If you check the hardware zone forum, there are offers everywhere. Recently there is one just ended, 42" Panasonic PV8 (plasma) cost only $1149 and come with $600 ntuc voucher. effectively the price is only $549. It shows how cheap the TV can go.

Not meant to spoil your mood, just to share with everyone
    Anyway you have bought, just enjoy it.
    True. That is why I'm still holding back the buying of other stuffs like fridge, washing machine etc.

Anyone knows which brand to buy when it come to washing machine? Two in one better (Wash / Dryer) or individualbetter?