View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 70 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4045505560656667686970717273747580859095100 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Am looking at TQ but too scared to buy at current prices. A good benchmark is to look at Rivervale selling price. Rivervale is still quite new and has good facilities. It is about 400m further from Buangkok MRT as compared to TQ. Current selling price is about 450psf. Being new and nearer to MRT, TQ probably should be worth 100psf more than Rivervale. As TQ ages, its premium will fade and probably be about 50psf more than Rivervale at a steady state.

So may consider buying TQ at 550psf...
    I already bought a unit at RIvervale for this reason. Attractive rental return.

And best part is that it feels like a private property with a ful view of Punggol park. No HDB all around.

For investors, one has to look for value for money. Buying "new" is more of a sentimental reason adopted by people who want to stay in a property themselves.

Anyway...all this reasoning belongs to people who wanted/bought TQ this year. Those HDB upgraders who bought originally at launch got best deal. Bought at low price and can sell their HDB at historic high prices. Fortune favours the brave.

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Hi Kennt & Vic,

You may wish to get a quote from my contractor David @ 90068441.I got mine & its a modern b&w theme @ less than $30k with hacking of 2 bedroom/wardrobe & kitchen cabinet & breakfast counter & walk-in wardrobe etc etc.. v satisfied with the 3D given. But depending wat is given to you. I'm ok with this pricing cos gonna do up quite a fair bit of built-in & hacking thing.
    Went in TQ ytday n part of the external fencing is done up. Quite disappointing with the fencing though.
    Was told by the security guard & the workers that completion date will still b 17mar09.But how fast we obtain our key depends on checking by the authorizer. Anyway, we can begin our countdown towards 17Mar.
    Thanks Vic and LA for your info. I shall explore any opportunity with David

Quote Originally Posted by jurgen

And best part is that it feels like a private property with a ful view of Punggol park. No HDB all around.

For investors, one has to look for value for money. Buying "new" is more of a sentimental reason adopted by people who want to stay in a property themselves.

Anyway...all this reasoning belongs to people who wanted/bought TQ this year. Those HDB upgraders who bought originally at launch got best deal. Bought at low price and can sell their HDB at historic high prices. Fortune favours the brave.
    Now I know why you keep talking down TQ.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    got photo?
    Here u go.....guess it's b'cos of the landscaping that they did it this way bah.

lol. I did not brought The Quartz during the initial period, all because of Rivervale. I think it is not good for me to mention the reason in a public forum. Just study the transaction and take a look at the building, i think it is not hard to derive a similar conclusion.

But now i am waiting for their stack 3x to went on discount. Unless the other choices can go to a range that is comfortable for own stay.

Default can share

Quote Originally Posted by kennt
    Thanks Vic and LA for your info. I shall explore any opportunity with David
    can share yr experience with David,

LA by the way, david is from which company???

Hi Kennt & Vic,

You may wish to get a quote from my contractor David @ 90068441.I got mine & its a modern b&w theme @ less than $30k with hacking of 2 bedroom/wardrobe & kitchen cabinet & breakfast counter & walk-in wardrobe etc etc.. v satisfied with the 3D given. But depending wat is given to you. I'm ok with this pricing cos gonna do up quite a fair bit of built-in & hacking thing.
    Went in TQ ytday n part of the external fencing is done up. Quite disappointing with the fencing though.
    Was told by the security guard & the workers that completion date will still b 17mar09.But how fast we obtain our key depends on checking by the authorizer. Anyway, we can begin our countdown towards 17Mar.

Hi LA,

Do you have the website of the David's company?

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Finally 2009, countdown begins to TOP!
    Anyone got idea when going TOP??? just sold my HDB and ready to go for short term rental!!!

Contractor said march must complete leh.

Quote Originally Posted by quartz lover
    Anyone got idea when going TOP??? just sold my HDB and ready to go for short term rental!!!

Contractor said march must complete leh.
    Completion date is something like 17th Mar 09 but there will be checks/inspections done by authorities.

We really got no idea when they will hand over to us but my guess is around May/June bah?????

Smile so long

Completion date is something like 17th Mar 09 but there will be checks/inspections done by authorities.

We really got no idea when they will hand over to us but my guess is around May/June bah?????

perhaps we can check with bca hw long usually is the inspection??

Quote Originally Posted by chia252
    can share yr experience with David,

LA by the way, david is from which company???
    Hi Chia252, Sorry for the late reply. Been busy these few days.

David is the boss of Maxpro Interior. But he do not have a website cos he normally gets his customers thru words of mouth.

I have mention in my earlier post(think somewhere mid last yr) he did up my 2 shop n shophouse. His co-ordination is v gd n make sure his work is delivered on time. URA delayed my spa license n we were only given 2 weeks to finish the renovation. It was amazing that he can really do it!!
    He did for my customers shops n houses too and so far, my customers all thumbs up for him. V satisfy with his excellent service, worksmanship n honesty. Most important is, he will still provide "after sales(renovation) service".
    Mention to Kennt, Icekopi/TQ63, Alan that i welcome you all to view my house in future if u want to see wat he can deliver.
    But emphasize again, I dont get any commision for recommendation, k? Just to share a good service with you all only.
    Just give him a call and ask for a quote from him.

Quartzbie: David does not have a website unfortunately.

Between, yesterday chance upon OM stock clearance in Tai Seng area. The furniture are all v nice n reasonable. Forgot to get the actual address. Will post again once i got the actual add.

perhaps we can check with bca hw long usually is the inspection??
    Depends on how fast and whether the whole project is "passable". So far, earliest I heard is 2 weeks n lastest 3months. But I was there last week n was told we will only get our key in June. Let's all pray hard and hope they wont drag to the maximum.

Default thks

Depends on how fast and whether the whole project is "passable". So far, earliest I heard is 2 weeks n lastest 3months. But I was there last week n was told we will only get our key in June. Let's all pray hard and hope they wont drag to the maximum.
    i am emailing to bca to enquire on the average time. hope that the reply is a favourable to us.

i am emailing to bca to enquire on the average time. hope that the reply is a favourable to us.
    Great! Thanks for that!!

Now I know why you keep talking down TQ.
    Not really. My interest is in seeing rental returns for this area improve.
    Main problem I feel is lack of entertainment activities in this area. Cant attract any expats. Only get those low paying, bargaining for every cent...third world tenants.

This is a very dull town. Hopefully govt will do something about it. Atleast some entrepreneur should open a pub in this area !! Can make good money.

Main problem I feel is lack of entertainment activities in this area. Cant attract any expats. Only get those low paying, bargaining for every cent...third world tenants.

This is a very dull town. Hopefully govt will do something about it. Atleast some entrepreneur should open a pub in this area !! Can make good money.
    Dull? Can't attract any expats? Low rents?

Maybe the Govt should shift the entire Orchard Rd and CBD up to Buangkok. Also build one or 2 IRs there. Add a ferris wheel. Maybe a few lorongs of Thai and China girls. Then maybe your area will finally have excitement, lots of expats, and higher rents than you do now.

If Buangkok was hot and happening, do you think you could have bought a place there so cheaply?

Then you are in the wrong thread, or have bought the wrong property. Surely you know this area is suburban, obviously this is not what you thought. Did you do any study before you buy? Moreover, the remarks on your Ah beng and Ah lian remarks is uncalled for.

Thumbs down Really don't understand you

If you talk down TQ based on "happening", it will be worst for Rivervale. Don't understand why you buy rivervale to expect "HIGH RENTAL RETURN" yet you mentioned in one of your posting that TQ (which is a better development than RIVERVALE) is a "DULL TOWN" You are really contradicting. (FYI, I am just an observer)

Default Rivervale is EC

The Rivervale is EC and like all (if not most ECs), their prices (even when newly launched) are usually lower than private properties, basically due to all the govt conditions (like can only sell to S'pore citizens and PRs from 6th-10th yr, must sell off one's HDB or DBSS flat if already own one, cannot invest in private property during the 5-yr min period etc). Their location is also usually not that near to MRT. I have a friend who is staying there. She takes a feeder bus to get to Buangkok MRT cos it's too hot to walk the 12 mins walk.

So technically, one shouldn't be expecting their psf to be the same.

If most ppl stay here, eat here, night entertainment here,..hmm.. there's just more than life...
    If pubs and more adult entertainments is brought in, it wouldn't b healthy for children or teenagers to live in.
    The unique of sub-urban environment is as such, being quiet, peaceful, without heavy traffic jams, lunch crowd and erps. Just a 20-25min ride from MRT brings you to Orchard, Chinatown, HabourFront. With 24hr NTUC and Kopitiam near TQ, what more are we asking for?

By saying TQ is meant for third world tenant?? .. Which class are you in??

If most ppl stay here, eat here, night entertainment here,..hmm.. there's just more than life...
    If pubs and more adult entertainments is brought in, it wouldn't b healthy for children or teenagers to live in.
    The unique of sub-urban environment is as such, being quiet, peaceful, without heavy traffic jams, lunch crowd and erps. Just a 20-25min ride from MRT brings you to Orchard, Chinatown, HabourFront. With 24hr NTUC and Kopitiam near TQ, what more are we asking for?

I suggest he go buy an apartment at Geylang so that he can be part of all the 'happenings' and rental won't be a problem as many 'working class' there can contribute.

The PSF there will stay considerably low and he will not have to wait for another property slump to enter!

I suggest he go buy an apartment at Geylang so that he can be part of all the 'happenings' and rental won't be a problem as many 'working class' there can contribute.

The PSF there will stay considerably low and he will not have to wait for another property slump to enter!

Default HI HI

HELOo to all TQ owners,

I just bought a unit there recently and we will be neighbours soon.

I agree with icekopi, he should be buying geylang and not buangkok. Also looking at the thread, some of them are comparing Rivervale to TQ. Dont they know it is an EC and if executive condo can be compared to private then why are ppl buying from private. EC price can never be able to compete with private property. Even when they sell, they are usually about 50k to 60k below private property. So do you think you can get a private with EC price, then you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY
    HELOo to all TQ owners,

I agree with icekopi, he should be buying geylang and not buangkok. Also looking at the thread, some of them are comparing Rivervale to TQ. Dont they know it is an EC and if executive condo can be compared to private then why are ppl buying from private. EC price can never be able to compete with private property. Even when they sell, they are usually about 50k to 60k below private property. So do you think you can get a private with EC price, then you are wrong
    Welcome CrAzY! Glad to have u as our neighbour

Welcome CrAzY! Glad to have u as our neighbour

hEY KEnnt

Thanks for your welcome.

HELOo to all TQ owners,

Hello crazy buddy,

Welcome to the ever increasing TQ family. Ppl like you best, straight to the point come in say I bought liao. Unlike others who come into the thread blah blah blah(u know what I mean)!

Hi Crazy,

Welcome....by the way which block did you buy?

HELOo to all TQ owners,

Hello crazy buddy,

Welcome to the ever increasing TQ family. Ppl like you best, straight to the point come in say I bought liao. Unlike others who come into the thread blah blah blah(u know what I mean)!
    Agree. Everybody buy a property for a reason. Don't think anybody will just throw in more than 1/2 million for fun.

Topics like how to do up the house, funiture sale, nice designer website.. etc... etc..seems more interesting.

Anybody heard of OM design(Under Nobel group)? Their design are quite modern.

FYI: They having sale st 16 Tai Seng Road. Dining table from $199. High Gloss TV console from $299. Coffee Table from $99. Bed Side Table from $28. etc..etc... Learn from the person-in-charge promo starts now and end jun. Look out for Straits Time promo item.

Hello crazy buddy,

Yah right, anyway buying for homestay who cares if the economy is down or up. When is down, you sell low and you buy your house low and if is up, you sell high but the next house will be high too, Unless i am buying for investment then got to wait for opportunity. Nevertheless most importantly is you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Quartzbie
    Hi Crazy,

Welcome....by the way which block did you buy?
    Sorry, i will not disclose as not everyone here is genuine TQ homeowners, hope you understand. Let's meet up once TQ is ready to move in and we can arrange a small party or bbq.