View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 384348535863646566676869707172737883889398 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

It is difficult to comment whether is $780K is a good price without the floor area. As this will swing the $psft depending on the unit area.

What is the floor area and which stack?

Ksiew,

I think you must be talking about Block 57, Storey 10, 1141 sqft? If yes, my advice is wait, it is still too expensive.

This is still > $650psft, it should come down to $550 (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    Ksiew,

I think you must be talking about Block 57, Storey 10, 1141 sqft? If yes, my advice is wait, it is still too expensive.

Hi tortu,

If it come down to $550 psf, than everyone of us will suffer from great loss, including the HDB houses as the valuation will also lower by then. Unless Ksiew is buying 1 more extra property for invesment.

Well, if it come down to 550psqft, it is not really a great loss but just paper loss unless you have gotten a unit that is >> 550psqft and you need to let go due to whatever reasons.

A side note, the sub-sales unit owner will not be losing even if they release their unit at 550psqft, as they have gotten their unit ranging from 400 to 550psqft in 2006. Hence they will still be able to at least break even.

In the event, if they really need to sell off their unit and fetch back what they paid for, this is still not too bad a situation as some of them have gotten their unit with DPS. Hence they really lost in stamp and legal fees only as the $psqft is a break-even for them.

Guess what, this is already not a bad deal. If anyone of you have invested in the money market market in 2006, it is not surprising that the cash value is only 40% to 60% left today and the next 1 to 2 years. Again that is paper loss unless you need to encash these investment. Similarly for those of us who have gotten TQ at 500psqft, it is not yet a loss if we can realease at 500psqft. Comparatively it is a better deal than the money market.

So no heart pain as this is a real and cool world of a request and demand, if the demand has fallen, the price will fall too. We need to come to terms to that. The market has really softened, times at really bad, just too many people losing their jobs, pay cut etc.

Like I said, the Pungool land bid has seen ZERO developer going in, why? This is the hard fact unfortunatley, property market will hit 2006 prices soon. And for those of us unless you have the holding power, these may not recover to 2006 level at least until 2 to 3 years later.

Unfortunately this is a painful but realistic fact that we all need to live up with IMHO. u

Smile

Ksiew,

no. its blk55 pool view. tks f0r the advice. i will wait n c.

Well, if it come down to 550psqft, it is not really a great loss but just paper loss unless you have gotten a unit that is >> 550psqft and you need to let go due to whatever reasons.

A side note, the sub-sales unit owner will not be losing even if they release their unit at 550psqft, as they have gotten their unit ranging from 400 to 550psqft in 2006. Hence they will still be able to at least break even.

In the event, if they really need to sell off their unit and fetch back what they paid for, this is still not too bad a situation as some of them have gotten their unit with DPS. Hence they really lost in stamp and legal fees only as the $psqft is a break-even for them.

Guess what, this is already not a bad deal. If anyone of you have invested in the money market market in 2006, it is not surprising that the cash value is only 40% to 60% left today and the next 1 to 2 years. Again that is paper loss unless you need to encash these investment. Similarly for those of us who have gotten TQ at 500psqft, it is not yet a loss if we can realease at 500psqft. Comparatively it is a better deal than the money market.

So no heart pain as this is a real and cool world of a request and demand, if the demand has fallen, the price will fall too. We need to come to terms to that. The market has really softened, times at really bad, just too many people losing their jobs, pay cut etc.

Like I said, the Pungool land bid has seen ZERO developer going in, why? This is the hard fact unfortunatley, property market will hit 2006 prices soon. And for those of us unless you have the holding power, these may not recover to 2006 level at least until 2 to 3 years later.

Unfortunately this is a painful but realistic fact that we all need to live up with IMHO. u
    Agree with your points. If you want to see 550psft, that is when FT and PR giving out their units. Because many of them turned rental to purchase last year and this year with "feel good" feeling of 2xIR environment. But now the main conributor of the mass market property price are HDB upgraders due to narrowed price btwn HDB and private. My view is, the 550psft price will never come if global recession end next year 4Q.

Quote Originally Posted by sun
    Agree with your points. If you want to see 550psft, that is when FT and PR giving out their units. Because many of them turned rental to purchase last year and this year with "feel good" feeling of 2xIR environment. But now the main conributor of the mass market property price are HDB upgraders due to narrowed price btwn HDB and private. My view is, the 550psft price will never come if global recession end next year 4Q.

Agreed....wait long long for $550 psf and wait even longer for 2006 price...maybe can wish it for 2009 xmas present.

Sale has been slow for past few months....and we have not even seen the developer put up any advertisement anywhere...all sale is done by word of mouth. R we really going to expect the developer to drop the price to $550??

Quote Originally Posted by vic
    Agreed....wait long long for $550 psf and wait even longer for 2006 price...maybe can wish it for 2009 xmas present.

Sale has been slow for past few months....and we have not even seen the developer put up any advertisement anywhere...all sale is done by word of mouth. R we really going to expect the developer to drop the price to $550??
    Why don't you go in and buy a unit and pay > $650psft now, if you think wait long long or even wait longer for 2006 price since you are so confident that today is at a very good price to buy a unit even at such ridiculous price is still reasonable????

Let's get real and be sensitive & aware what is happening around us. Are you not aware what is happening in the global economy and as a result severly affecting Singapore? Yesterday Robinson, CK Tangs and Isten Sales was one of those unheard times for a very long time. But that is a bargain which provides good value for money if you are really in need of something. Is the property market pricing like that yet?

As a matter of fact, our dear beloved DPS impact has yet to be felt as those DPS units are going to TOP in 2009 and some in 2010. We shall see how many of these DPS units have problem securing a credit loan by TOP. It is going to be a mess when that happens. I just hope that it will not trigger a little sub-prime crisis in Singapore. Hopefully there are not many speculators otherwise, a tsunami will hit the property market by then.

And if you think it is a wait long long before pricing will come down, then there are quite some catch up you need to do on the economical climate. Even our competent gahmen is worried for all of us.

As far as the developer is concerned, have you gotten a chance to discuss this with the developer in person? I think for most are talking to property agents and not developer. Property agent always painting a rosy pciture simply bcos it is their job. Have you seen or heard a fruit-seller saying their fruits are sour? Or Chevy car-salesman saying that the Chevy is of sub-standard quality. Thnk about that. Please research into the property market in depth............sales level has come to stragnant situation with exception of a few ignorant people still buying 99LH OCR property at ~$800psft. God bless them, but if it for own stay, maybe it is still alright as long as they don't think of selling the unit and make a profit later in time.

Are you one of these people who has not done enough reserach and committed for something lately? If yes, God bless you.

Why don't you go in and buy a unit and pay > $650psft now, if you think wait long long or even wait longer for 2006 price since you are so confident that today is at a very good price to buy a unit even at such ridiculous price is still reasonable????

Let's get real and be sensitive & aware what is happening around us. Are you not aware what is happening in the global economy and as a result severly affecting Singapore? Yesterday Robinson, CK Tangs and Isten Sales was one of those unheard times for a very long time. But that is a bargain which provides good value for money if you are really in need of something. Is the property market pricing like that yet?

As a matter of fact, our dear beloved DPS impact has yet to be felt as those DPS units are going to TOP in 2009 and some in 2010. We shall see how many of these DPS units have problem securing a credit loan by TOP. It is going to be a mess when that happens. I just hope that it will not trigger a little sub-prime crisis in Singapore. Hopefully there are not many speculators otherwise, a tsunami will hit the property market by then.

And if you think it is a wait long long before pricing will come down, then there are quite some catch up you need to do on the economical climate. Even our competent gahmen is worried for all of us.

As far as the developer is concerned, have you gotten a chance to discuss this with the developer in person? I think for most are talking to property agents and not developer. Property agent always painting a rosy pciture simply bcos it is their job. Have you seen or heard a fruit-seller saying their fruits are sour? Or Chevy car-salesman saying that the Chevy is of sub-standard quality. Thnk about that. Please research into the property market in depth............sales level has come to stragnant situation with exception of a few ignorant people still buying 99LH OCR property at ~$800psft. God bless them, but if it for own stay, maybe it is still alright as long as they don't think of selling the unit and make a profit later in time.

Are you one of these people who has not done enough reserach and committed for something lately? If yes, God bless you.
    Just for some update, there is a triple 9 leasehold new development in D19 going for 600-650psf....1300psf for 3+1 study only need to pay $820K....but this mainly because the developer got cashflow problem. However, this is more of an exception....as seems that many developers still have holding power. Now, question is how bad the economy going to be.....this I think is subjective. If The Quartz going to sell below 500psf....can you imagine how bad Singapore's economy is in that case? The dooms day "speech" by tortu is akin to the many analysts out there who are trying to outdo one another to see who can come out with an even worse economic depression scenario.

In the absence of better economic indicators, it may be wise to stay out of the property market. However, there are still hidden gems out there at this juncture.

I think there are always pessimist and optimist around us.
    No doubt price would slide with the rough year 2009 is expected to be. And everybody loves a bargain. But so what - if most of the owners have holding power? Property is not like buying groceries. To listen to everyday sermons that the world is coming to an end the next day - well, be careful what you wish for. The deflationary spiral spares no ones.. if it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Just for some update, there is a triple 9 leasehold new development in D19 going for 600-650psf....1300psf for 3+1 study only need to pay $820K....but this mainly because the developer got cashflow problem. However, this is more of an exception....as seems that many developers still have holding power. Now, question is how bad the economy going to be.....this I think is subjective. If The Quartz going to sell below 500psf....can you imagine how bad Singapore's economy is in that case? The dooms day "speech" by tortu is akin to the many analysts out there who are trying to outdo one another to see who can come out with an even worse economic depression scenario.

In the absence of better economic indicators, it may be wise to stay out of the property market. However, there are still hidden gems out there at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by KT_Lim
    I think there are always pessimist and optimist around us.
    No doubt price would slide with the rough year 2009 is expected to be. And everybody loves a bargain. But so what - if most of the owners have holding power? Property is not like buying groceries. To listen to everyday sermons that the world is coming to an end the next day - well, be careful what you wish for. The deflationary spiral spares no ones.. if it comes.
    I agreed with KT.

I just like to caution people who didn't do enough research and commit themselves in a lifetime commitment. Unless we are Mr Warren or Bill Gates, whereby the can buy without much consideration. Buying a property is not like buying grocery, a lot of thought has to be put in.

It is quite worrisome to see people committing property at prices whihc is definitely way above what the market can bear.

It is defintely a wise choice now to wait and see how things pan out. And we also have to send a strong message to developer though they definitely have holding power. But I don't think developer is unwise enough to keep units vacant especially when TOP is nearing.

Just my 2.5 cents.

Whats a "ridiculous price" at $650psf for a private property when HDB is selling some of its project at $500psf?? or that matter resale HDB at some mature estate is still selling at 500-600K easily even with less cash asked for??

Yes, the global financial crunch has affected Singapore in many ways...but one must understand that Singapore system is unique...do u really think our Govt will really allow a mini "sub-prime crisis to happen in Singapore"??? already they have resume some construction project to maintain the construction sector.

Further more the developer has got the holding power...with about 70-80% sold...I doubt they will be so desperate to sell the remaining at below $550psf price. Free gift or more cash rebate?...yes.

There are many types of condo in Spore...TQ is a project to attract HDB up grader...so majority have bought this project to stay....mkt sentiment last yr will have force many speculator to let go of their unit oready.

Whose to say spore current property price is too high now and will not go higher?? many yrs ago...many ppl say "The Pinnacle" launched at 300K over is too expensive....now?? Not to mentioned those new HDB selling price.

Our land mass will not increase but with more "foreign talent" being accepted and not allowed to buy new HDB. The resale and suburbia private property is the only mkt for them. In the long run...the only way is up.

I think u r a little pessimistic or maybe ur thinking is from a speculator point of view....have some faith.

Yes I have done my homework and
    yes I am have bought one of the units to stay too and
    yes God has bless me, in fact God has bless every single one of us in Spore.

Quote Originally Posted by vic
    Whats a "ridiculous price" at $650psf for a private property when HDB is selling some of its project at $500psf?? or that matter resale HDB at some mature estate is still selling at 500-600K easily even with less cash asked for??

Yes, the global financial crunch has affected Singapore in many ways...but one must understand that Singapore system is unique...do u really think our Govt will really allow a mini "sub-prime crisis to happen in Singapore"??? already they have resume some construction project to maintain the construction sector.

Further more the developer has got the holding power...with about 70-80% sold...I doubt they will be so desperate to sell the remaining at below $550psf price. Free gift or more cash rebate?...yes.

There are many types of condo in Spore...TQ is a project to attract HDB up grader...so majority have bought this project to stay....mkt sentiment last yr will have force many speculator to let go of their unit oready.

Whose to say spore current property price is too high now and will not go higher?? many yrs ago...many ppl say "The Pinnacle" launched at 300K over is too expensive....now?? Not to mentioned those new HDB selling price.

Our land mass will not increase but with more "foreign talent" being accepted and not allowed to buy new HDB. The resale and suburbia private property is the only mkt for them. In the long run...the only way is up.

I think u r a little pessimistic or maybe ur thinking is from a speculator point of view....have some faith.

Yes I have done my homework and
    yes I am have bought one of the units to stay too and
    yes God has bless me, in fact God has bless every single one of us in Spore.
    Then good luck to you and we shall see what happens come TOP
    Last edited by tortu; 27-12-08 at 23:01.

I think it is unlikely for developer to sell TQ under 600psf. Unless they want TQ to be their last project in Singapore.

But the pressure is real... so they will definitely introduce more incentive to reduce remaining stock... Do remember they also getting loan from bank for the project.

At this stage, it is not the developer that we have to worry. What we need to worry first is OWNER!

Default TQ_lover

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    I think it is unlikely for developer to sell TQ under 600psf. Unless they want TQ to be their last project in Singapore.

But the pressure is real... so they will definitely introduce more incentive to reduce remaining stock... Do remember they also getting loan from bank for the project.

At this stage, it is not the developer that we have to worry. What we need to worry first is OWNER!
    I'll buy if TQ touch $600psf, for stay... As for investment, i would rather buy all capitaland shares to hold... I'm sure the profit will be more than holding a property. Equity is more liquid, and no need to worry about buyer...

I am least worried for the developer as they have profited enough in the last 1 year with buyers coming in paying for above current market pricing.

Can you imagine that the initial release is transacted at $400psft with the latest at $8XXpsft? They definitely are laughing their guts out on the ignorant of people like us.

Hence we need to be more resilience from now onwards. The property market is not going to go up and up as simple fact is whether goes up, will come down and similarly whatever goes down will come up one day.

I do agree that $8xxpsft may be high today but it may not be 3 years down the road if the economy comes back up.

The real question is whether is people buying for speculation or for own stay. I think for own stay is safer but it may not be necessary profitable by the time people sell their units when they wanted to change environment.

As for those speculators, it will be tough for them to expect the price to continue going up. TOP will mess them soon if they cannot hold. Ability to hold is key in this environment.

My parting message is never let the developer be the only gaining in this equation as they have already gained enough from many of the threaders here!

I am least worried for the developer as they have profited enough in the last 1 year with buyers coming in paying for above current market pricing.

Can you imagine that the initial release is transacted at $400psft with the latest at $8XXpsft? They definitely are laughing their guts out on the ignorant of people like us.

Hence we need to be more resilience from now onwards. The property market is not going to go up and up as simple fact is whether goes up, will come down and similarly whatever goes down will come up one day.

I do agree that $8xxpsft may be high today but it may not be 3 years down the road if the economy comes back up.

The real question is whether is people buying for speculation or for own stay. I think for own stay is safer but it may not be necessary profitable by the time people sell their units when they wanted to change environment.

As for those speculators, it will be tough for them to expect the price to continue going up. TOP will mess them soon if they cannot hold. Ability to hold is key in this environment.

My parting message is never let the developer be the only gaining in this equation as they have already gained enough from many of the threaders here!
    Ah... don't always believe those caveat value. That's all i can say...

Default is there really a big problem??

compared this to the past, Singapore still able to hold and come out stronger due to the people's will and gd government. Although all these prices come in a circle up and down. let do not forget that this is still Singapore a small island with a little land to spare for private property. Yes, nw no developer dun wan to buy land to develop. this is just a while only due to the banking sector.

Those who are TQ owners, congrats to u all as not many condo are near MRT except a handful. and those who still thinking of buying , dun always think prices will drop and drop if nt you end uo buying nothing.

Though we are facing this crisis but we shld look at hw soon we can rebound from it and grow even stronger but not hoping that prices can drop to a real low even lower than 2006. Just think can a plate of wanton noodles drop to 1.20 a decade ago as we r facing this crisis, No for sure. We dun live in the past but present and facing the future with hope.

mayb ppl think i talking rubbish but this will jsut go in circles up and down, as long u are happy jsut buy it at yr comfort level.

Anyone have any data on the number of units that was sold below 500psf?

Default not easy to find

looking at the data from URA website, is not easy as the below 500psf are usually done during the soft lanuch and the 1st few days of sale

I have enclosed the last few years of Quartz transaction

Project NamePSF(S$)SqmSqf Price(S$) DateTHE QUARTZS$6941121,206 S$837,000 Oct-08THE QUARTZ$607 1271,367 $ 830,000 Oct-08THE QUARTZS$8321431,539 S$1,280,700 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$8261081,163 S$960,300 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$799981,055 S$843,300 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$783981,055 S$826,200 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$743981,055 S$783,900 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$737971,044 S$769,500 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$7241081,163 S$842,400 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$7241051,130 S$818,100 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$7201081,163 S$837,000 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$7171121,206 S$864,900 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$7141121,206 S$861,300 Sep-08THE QUARTZ$693 1271,367 $ 946,800 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$6871081,163 S$799,200 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$658961,033 S$680,000 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$624991,066 S$665,000 Sep-08THE QUARTZS$8281321,421 S$1,176,300 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$8211001,076 S$882,900 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$8111321,421 S$1,152,900 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$767981,055 S$809,100 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7501111,195 S$896,400 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7411111,195 S$885,600 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$739981,055 S$779,400 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7341081,163 S$853,200 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7331111,195 S$875,700 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7331081,163 S$852,300 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7281121,206 S$878,400 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7251121,206 S$873,900 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7211121,206 S$869,400 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7211081,163 S$838,800 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7141081,163 S$830,700 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7101121,206 S$855,900 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7101111,195 S$848,700 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7101081,163 S$825,300 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7031121,206 S$847,800 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$7001081,163 S$813,600 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$664991,066 S$707,500 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$5601421,528 S$855,000 Aug-08THE QUARTZS$8051001,076 S$866,700 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$783991,066 S$834,300 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$7381051,130 S$834,300 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$7311121,206 S$882,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$728981,055 S$767,700 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$6941081,163 S$807,300 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$6941081,163 S$807,300 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$6901081,163 S$802,800 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$6751061,141 S$770,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$657991,066 S$700,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$645991,066 S$688,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$638991,066 S$680,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$6371351,453 S$925,200 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$622991,066 S$663,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$619991,066 S$660,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$5691411,518 S$864,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$5292202,368 S$1,252,800 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$4901441,550 S$760,000 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$4821131,216 S$585,657 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$479991,066 S$510,435 Jul-08THE QUARTZS$4791131,216 S$582,075 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$479971,044 S$500,585 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$481991,066 S$513,122 Jun-08THE QUARTZ$483 1271,367 $ 659,984 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$481 1271,367 $ 657,297 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$484991,066 S$515,808 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$3222142,303 S$741,474 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$4841001,076 S$520,286 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$3312002,153 S$711,923 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$4851081,163 S$564,165 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$4841131,216 S$588,344 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$3421431,539 S$526,554 Jun-08THE QUARTZS$7811111,195 S$933,300 Apr-08THE QUARTZS$754991,066 S$803,700 Apr-08THE QUARTZS$7421211,302 S$966,600 Apr-08THE QUARTZS$7321131,216 S$890,100 Apr-08THE QUARTZS$7321051,130 S$827,100 Apr-08THE QUARTZS$7271081,163 S$845,100 Apr-08THE QUARTZS$723931,001 S$723,600 Apr-08THE QUARTZS$7011081,163 S$815,400 Apr-08THE QUARTZS$7291051,130 S$823,500 Feb-08THE QUARTZS$759971,044 S$792,900 Jan-08THE QUARTZS$720991,066 S$767,700 Jan-08THE QUARTZS$7061061,141 S$806,000 Jan-08THE QUARTZS$5671411,518 S$860,000 Jan-08THE QUARTZS$7541051,130 S$852,300 Dec-07THE QUARTZS$7211131,216 S$876,600 Dec-07THE QUARTZS$6951111,195 S$830,000 Dec-07THE QUARTZS$7761041,119 S$868,635 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$6921031,109 S$767,700 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$691991,066 S$737,100 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$680991,066 S$725,400 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$6711081,163 S$780,000 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$659971,044 S$687,600 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$6571061,141 S$750,000 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$629961,033 S$650,000 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$6111061,141 S$696,600 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$6041171,259 S$760,000 Nov-07THE QUARTZS$3601421,528 S$550,733 Jul-07THE QUARTZS$6321041,119 S$707,400 May-07THE QUARTZS$552991,066 S$588,600 May-07THE QUARTZS$549981,055 S$579,600 May-07THE QUARTZS$534991,066 S$569,700 May-07THE QUARTZS$5321061,141 S$606,600 May-07THE QUARTZS$5221391,496 S$781,200 Apr-07THE QUARTZS$513991,066 S$547,200 Apr-07THE QUARTZS$499991,066 S$531,900 Apr-07THE QUARTZS$5511061,141 S$628,200 Mar-07THE QUARTZS$5401061,141 S$616,500 Mar-07THE QUARTZS$4861111,195 S$580,500 Mar-07THE QUARTZS$471991,066 S$502,200 Mar-07THE QUARTZS$5071111,195 S$606,254 Dec-06THE QUARTZS$496991,066 S$528,345 Dec-06THE QUARTZS$4911111,195 S$586,553 Dec-06THE QUARTZS$4841251,346 S$651,029 Dec-06THE QUARTZS$5421061,141 S$618,791 Oct-06THE QUARTZS$5421061,141 S$617,895 Oct-06THE QUARTZS$498991,066 S$531,032 Oct-06THE QUARTZS$3462332,508 S$868,635 Oct-06THE QUARTZS$502991,066 S$535,509 Sep-06THE QUARTZS$4881091,173 S$572,225 Sep-06THE QUARTZS$4781201,292 S$617,000 Sep-06THE QUARTZS$5141081,163 S$597,299 Aug-06THE QUARTZS$4891131,216 S$594,612 Aug-06THE QUARTZS$4781081,163 S$556,106 Aug-06THE QUARTZ$491 1271,367 $ 670,730 Jul-06THE QUARTZS$5441061,141 S$620,582 Jul-06THE QUARTZS$5371061,141 S$612,522 Jul-06THE QUARTZ$509 1271,367 $ 695,875 Jul-06THE QUARTZ$504 1271,367 $ 689,535 Jul-06THE QUARTZ$503 1271,367 $ 687,750 Jul-06THE QUARTZS$492981,055 S$519,390 Jul-06THE QUARTZS$3891381,485 S$577,368 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$3541411,518 S$537,300 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4051411,518 S$614,313 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4071411,518 S$617,895 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4241251,346 S$570,434 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5001081,163 S$581,180 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$493 1271,367 $ 674,312 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4911131,216 S$597,299 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$490 1271,367 $ 669,834 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4891001,076 S$526,554 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4391751,884 S$828,000 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$500 1271,367 $ 683,267 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4941081,163 S$574,911 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4481311,410 S$632,223 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5371221,313 S$705,654 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$501 1271,367 $ 685,058 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4941131,216 S$600,881 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4661131,216 S$566,852 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5401061,141 S$616,104 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5371061,141 S$612,522 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5341061,141 S$609,836 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5311061,141 S$606,254 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5271061,141 S$600,881 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5231061,141 S$597,299 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5211061,141 S$594,612 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5181061,141 S$591,030 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5171081,163 S$600,881 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5161061,141 S$588,344 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$514991,066 S$548,046 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5101001,076 S$548,942 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$509 1271,367 $ 695,804 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5081201,292 S$656,302 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$508991,066 S$541,778 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5071341,442 S$731,624 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5071201,292 S$655,506 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5071081,163 S$589,239 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$507991,066 S$540,882 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$506 1271,367 $ 692,222 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$505991,066 S$538,196 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$503991,066 S$536,405 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5021071,152 S$578,493 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$502991,066 S$535,509 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$497 1271,367 $ 678,789 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$494 1271,367 $ 675,207 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$487991,066 S$519,390 Jun-06THE QUARTZ$485 1271,367 $ 663,566 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4761131,216 S$579,389 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$476991,066 S$507,749 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$4671131,216 S$568,168 Jun-06THE QUARTZS$5291061,141 S$603,567 May-06THE QUARTZS$5091081,163 S$591,926 May-06THE QUARTZ$499 1271,367 $ 681,476 May-06THE QUARTZS$4971081,163 S$578,493 May-06THE QUARTZS$4871081,163 S$566,852 May-06THE QUARTZS$4821221,313 S$632,223 May-06THE QUARTZS$4821081,163 S$560,583 May-06THE QUARTZS$3061671,798 S$550,733 May-06THE QUARTZS$5091521,636 S$833,000 May-05

Default Novice talk

You argue like a novice, have you invested in Private Property before?

650psf is not at all expensive even taken into the recessionary climate.

What are overpriced are those selling for >2000psf in prime districts. Not your average suburban condos. No way will developer go below 600psf, period.

Thanks for providing those data.

Default I am no novice

You are most welcomed Isaac. Unfortunately the format got mess up when it was posted though the preview looks ok. Anyway, I hope you have figured the general message and trend which most important.

I am no expert at all. Info is available around us at all media, it is a matter of spending of effort to research.

Yes, granted that central region pricing is 2000psft or even higher and you have noticed I have never discussed about that. As that segment of the market is for expat, office rental for executives and hence it invite intense speculation. It is against any common logic to even understand that as I have given up. I used to make some good money from this segment through buy/sell but have fortunately stop since early this year.

It is worrying to see OCR trend following those in the prime area as this leads to a bubble to ignorant and "un-researching" people.

Just trying to caution people as I still see small pockets of people committing for things that they should be better to wait at least until Q2 next year.

Well, nobody needs to trust my words verbatimally here. The truth will prevail one day.

Though u claimed that u r no expert but the way u argue sound like people that buy now is down rite stupid and ignorant

btw, if by next year 2Q the price don't fall back below $600psf...can claim from u ??? hehe....jus joking

You are most welcomed Isaac. Unfortunately the format got mess up when it was posted though the preview looks ok. Anyway, I hope you have figured the general message and trend which most important.

I am no expert at all. Info is available around us at all media, it is a matter of spending of effort to research.

Yes, granted that central region pricing is 2000psft or even higher and you have noticed I have never discussed about that. As that segment of the market is for expat, office rental for executives and hence it invite intense speculation. It is against any common logic to even understand that as I have given up. I used to make some good money from this segment through buy/sell but have fortunately stop since early this year.

It is worrying to see OCR trend following those in the prime area as this leads to a bubble to ignorant and "un-researching" people.

Just trying to caution people as I still see small pockets of people committing for things that they should be better to wait at least until Q2 next year.

Well, nobody needs to trust my words verbatimally here. The truth will prevail one day.

Quote Originally Posted by blk 57
    Though u claimed that u r no expert but the way u argue sound like people that buy now is down rite stupid and ignorant

btw, if by next year 2Q the price don't fall back below $600psf...can claim from u ??? hehe....jus joking
    This is a interesting and innocent question, what do you think?

Btw, all these price up/down is dependent on buy/sell or supply/demand. If there is demand, there will be supply and price will be high.

Hence a smart buyer should know how and what to capitialize, and that is what I have been consistently advocating.

I can understand by me advocating that the price may drop has a significant emotional and physiologically "disturbance" to many of the proud owners of TQ, but you guys shouldn't feel bad as long as you are buying it for own stay, not for speculation, don't have to liquidated etc. I know the feeling is not so nice but I hope let's not be ostrich. I am also it in, and just hope that the price will not drop further.

But we mustn't be selfish, just becos we are in it and not caution others who have yet to commit

Well said

at least someone here is not trying to talk up the market because he is vested.

We can talk all we can but the market wun be affected because of wat we say. Its moves according to the general mass, not according to what you and I say.

Everyman for himself.

Btw, all these price up/down is dependent on buy/sell or supply/demand. If there is demand, there will be supply and price will be high.

Hence a smart buyer should know how and what to capitialize, and that is what I have been consistently advocating.

I can understand by me advocating that the price may drop has a significant emotional and physiologically "disturbance" to many of the proud owners of TQ, but you guys shouldn't feel bad as long as you are buying it for own stay, not for speculation, don't have to liquidated etc. I know the feeling is not so nice but I hope let's not be ostrich. I am also it in, and just hope that the price will not drop further.

But we mustn't be selfish, just becos we are in it and not caution others who have yet to commit

whether the view is selfish or unselfish depend on what your position is ? r u an existing owner or r u waiting for the price to fall so that u can get 1 ?

if u r waiting for the price to fall in order to get 1, than i think you r simply trying to discourage people from buying their dream home with your personal view....

if u r an existing owner, than u r quite unselfish in sharing your 2 cents worth of your pessimistic view...but that also pointed to a fact that your analysis of the market is also not quite accurate if not u would have capitalise on the run-up.....

anyway, pround owner of TQ like many of us would very much like to move on from discussing about property market....

can we share other info on the quartz rather than always talking about property price which all of us agreed that we r not expert !

whether the view is selfish or unselfish depend on what your position is ? r u an existing owner or r u waiting for the price to fall so that u can get 1 ?

if u r waiting for the price to fall in order to get 1, than i think you r simply trying to discourage people from buying their dream home with your personal view....

if u r an existing owner, than u r quite unselfish in sharing your 2 cents worth of your pessimistic view...but that also pointed to a fact that your analysis of the market is also not quite accurate if not u would have capitalise on the run-up.....

Blk 57, you are right, I didnt capitalize the opprotunity 2 years to get more units for investment. And today's definitely not the right time to go in for investment

Whether is it TQ or Granduer Ris or Clover by the Park, all these are 99LH, they are about the same market segment. I was merely using TQ as a discussion platform.

anyway, pround owner of TQ like many of us would very much like to move on from discussing about property market....

can we share other info on the quartz rather than always talking about property price which all of us agreed that we r not expert !