View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 61 of 123 FirstFirst ... 313641465156575859606162636465667176818691 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Unregistered999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ST article
    I found the following article in the Straits Times:

There has been much hype about the Government's recently-announced plans to make Punggol 21 a more vibrant estate.
    However, I feel there is a more important matter that should be addressed — pollution from Pasir Gudang in Malaysia.
    I used to live in Punggol and have experienced air pollution from Malaysia. A stretch of petrochemical plants lies just across the waterway from Punggol beach. These plants operate around the clock.
    Toxic fumes from these plants, often seen in the form of enormous black clouds, constantly drift to our shores. The smell can become almost unbearable at night.
    My wife and I used to have to cover our noses all the way from the basement carpark to our apartment due to the pungent smell of chemicals. Once inside our apartment, we had to shut our doors and windows as the fumes would drift into our home.
    My wife and I often suffered from severe headaches and seldom enjoyed any fresh air despite living so close to the beach.
    The National Environment Agency claimed that the pollution was within an acceptable level. However, I believe the fumes pose a health risk, as seen by the headaches my wife and I suffered. I hope the authorities can investigate this matter.
    In addition to developing Punggol, the Government should also address the pollution issue. Now that I have moved to Bukit Batok, I am glad I do not have to tolerate the polluted air in Punggol anymore.

If this is really a big problem for you, you shouldn't move to west area either.
    There are also many plants in Jurong, which is also near to Bukit Batok.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    If this is really a big problem for you, you shouldn't move to west area either.
    There are also many plants in Jurong, which is also near to Bukit Batok.
    He can tolerate the Jurong smoke but Johor smoke although they are the same.

TQinterested Guest

Default Interest

Hi,

Am interested to buy unit at TQ but prices asked for are still too high. Developer today has launched pre TOP special (12% rebate + stamp duty absorption) but a lot of owners are still asking for sky high prices looking to profit.

Would need a place by 2H'09 so am still ok to wait.
    Am willing to start considering at below 550psf.
    If you have a unit for subsale and would like to subsale, pls do email at [email protected]
    Thanks.

TQ_wat the heck... Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQinterested
    Hi,

Am interested to buy unit at TQ but prices asked for are still too high. Developer today has launched pre TOP special (12% rebate + stamp duty absorption) but a lot of owners are still asking for sky high prices looking to profit.

If you have a unit for subsale and would like to subsale, pls do email at [email protected]
    Thanks.
    Hi Interested buyer. Since you like the location so far. I will give my recommendation. There are a few buildings next to The Quartz that has very nice exterior facade like Condo style de.....and they are going for subsales below 550psf. You can try them. If interested, please email to [email protected].

I wan too Guest

below $550psf...I think about 2 yrs ago...when they 1st launch. Before all the inflation and increase in sand, construction material.

Now?? With TOP coming soon??

Face the music pls...very hard liao lah. Think about it, at below $550 psf...u r looking at a unit e.g. 1066 sqf at selling price of approx 580K. Cheaper than a new unit from HDB's The Pinnacle @ Dexton?? or Cityview@Boon Keng??

At ur asking price...u should be looking at HDB's EC

Even spect doing fire sale will not sell at that price.

pq Guest

Quote Originally Posted by I wan too
    below $550psf...I think about 2 yrs ago...when they 1st launch. Before all the inflation and increase in sand, construction material.

Now?? With TOP coming soon??

Face the music pls...very hard liao lah. Think about it, at below $550 psf...u r looking at a unit e.g. 1066 sqf at selling price of approx 580K. Cheaper than a new unit from HDB's The Pinnacle @ Dexton?? or Cityview@Boon Keng??

At ur asking price...u should be looking at HDB's EC

Even spect doing fire sale will not sell at that price.
    that's why "TQ_wat the heck..." was proposing to him to take ECs near to TQ.

Interested Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ_wat the heck...
    Hi Interested buyer. Since you like the location so far. I will give my recommendation. There are a few buildings next to The Quartz that has very nice exterior facade like Condo style de.....and they are going for subsales below 550psf. You can try them. If interested, please email to [email protected].
    $550psf? Are you the seller?
    I am very keen.

The Rivervale, the 8-year-old EC, which is further from the MRT, is selling at around $500psf.

Gary Lee (ERA) 9225 2221 Guest

Default Best Pool View Unit available #08-02 for sale @$800k only yet neg

Dear owners and interested parties on The quartz.

I have a unit #08-02 available for sale!
    Pool facing.
    3 bedroom.
    1163sq feet
    Asking: $800k

Call Gary(ERA) 9225 2221 for a discussion today!

I like TQ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQinterested
    Hi,

Thanks.
    12% rebate + stamp duty absorption Pre TOP sales launched today? it's better offer than the 8% few months ago.

not sure still got good unit or not? anyone know. im interested too. to get $550 below for TQ is hard. $600 i will take already.

TQ 123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by I like TQ
    12% rebate + stamp duty absorption Pre TOP sales launched today? it's better offer than the 8% few months ago.

not sure still got good unit or not? anyone know. im interested too. to get $550 below for TQ is hard. $600 i will take already.
    Be realistic....I don't think you can get this price now. EC maybe.

URA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ 123
    Be realistic....I don't think you can get this price now. EC maybe.

Caveats Lodge :

THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 830,000 1,367 607 Oct-08
    THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 837,000 1,206 694 Oct-08

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Caveats Lodge :

THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 830,000 1,367 607 Oct-08
    THE QUARTZ COMPASSVALE BOW Condominium 1 837,000 1,206 694 Oct-08
    I know the 2 caveats above are lodged in October 2008. But which transactions are they for? Are they for a transaction done 2 years ago, 1 year ago, or 2 weeks ago?

Listing them down with their lodge date has no meaning. You need to know when that transaction happened.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 6 ............................... 841 ................ 738 ............... 694
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG
    OMG!
    TQ has just broken its August record high of $832psf with a new record high of $841psf.
    What's going on?

RegĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I know the 2 caveats above are lodged in October 2008. But which transactions are they for? Are they for a transaction done 2 years ago, 1 year ago, or 2 weeks ago?

Listing them down with their lodge date has no meaning. You need to know when that transaction happened.
    $841psf. Cool!

Happy 1st Home Guest

o please....... TQ is fully pte... near MRT... near 24hr NTUC... near school..
    gosh what else can u ask for?

anything less than 750 is almost impossible.

unless u'r so damn lucky and can get someone to sell u off any price below that.....

well good luck searching.

*my best decision is to buy TQ*

Rivervale Guest

Why is the near by condo Rivervale going at such low prices ? Spoiling the market.

I am trying to sell my TQ unit but agent having difficulty finding a buyer. Said its easier to sell the "cheap executive condos" in this area.

Need to dispose off my unit before TOP. Hopefully market will turn soon.

BUYER1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rivervale
    Why is the near by condo Rivervale going at such low prices ? Spoiling the market.

I am trying to sell my TQ unit but agent having difficulty finding a buyer. Said its easier to sell the "cheap executive condos" in this area.

Then, post your contact in this forum so that it reaches out to more potential buyer lor.

BUYER2 Guest

Which stack and how much are you selling?

Cool

Hi there, personally, i think that Quartz is going to be a great place to live in.....

btw.... any friends out there who have bought blk 57?

Unregistered1234 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by quartz
    Hi there, personally, i think that Quartz is going to be a great place to live in.....

btw.... any friends out there who have bought blk 57?
    Totally agree.

just not value for money :P

What? Guest

Are you stupid or what?

The Rivervale is more than 8-year-old. TQ is not even TOP. It is also further away from MRT station than TQ. Of course, it is much cheaper than TQ.

Have some common sense please!

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by What?
    Are you stupid or what?

The Rivervale is more than 8-year-old. TQ is not even TOP. It is also further away from MRT station than TQ. Of course, it is much cheaper than TQ.

Taking into consideration the above factors,
    with TR selling around $500psf,
    TQ should sell around $750psf.

Unregisteredx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by What?
    Are you stupid or what?

I totally agree with this.
    On the first point, rather than highlighting that it its 8 yrs old, I would rather empashize the fact that the remaining lease is now reduced to 91 yrs.
    So it is now 91 yrs condo instead of 99 yrs condo.

dont buy yet Guest

dont buy anything yet, be it TC, TR, KV, RV etc..the economy is going to get worst. Buy now and you'll see immeadiate loss, why do it?

Unregistered6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dont buy yet
    dont buy anything yet, be it TC, TR, KV, RV etc..the economy is going to get worst. Buy now and you'll see immeadiate loss, why do it?
    Absolutely, but still so many "property hero" around us buying in this crisis period. Why??????? they keep on making the transacted price at overprice.

UnregĄstered Guest

It's your opinion and assumption. We strongly disagree! In fact, we strongly believe that HDB prices would continue to remain very firm. Why? Put yourself in the shoes of the caretakers and you will know why. Just ask yourself what would you do if you are in their shoes.

RegĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    It's your opinion and assumption. We strongly disagree! In fact, we strongly believe that HDB prices would continue to remain very firm. Why? Put yourself in the shoes of the caretakers and you will know why. Just ask yourself what would you do if you are in their shoes.
    Ignore them lah!
    TQ so cheap yet they keep shouting overpriced!
    What they want? HDB price?

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ..... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Kovan Residences . OCR ....... 4 ............................... 964 ................ 940 ............... 860
    Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Wow!
    KR has just broken August record high of $954psf with this new record high of $964psf.
    Bravo!

Property Hunter Guest

You may be right, but there is also risk that you have to manage, risk of losing the opportunity to buy your choice units if you defer.
    Surely, you don't only see the price when buying property, but also whether you personally like the unit or not.

Another risk if you decide to defer buying property is the remaining lease itself. For example, if you buy TQ 2 yrs later, that mean you get 97 yr of lease instead of 99 yr.

So I think it really requires balancing act to make a good buy.

Unregistered1234 Guest

Talking

This is the first time i hear this logic, buying 2 years later,you get 2 year less in the lease ?? AND this is a risk ???? If this is a concern, why buy 99 year at the first place ?? You stay in there for 2 years, you get 2 year less in the lease.

The lease matters when you try to sell the property in future, that is why people have this concerns when they buy 99 year LH.

99 year leasehold is always a risk to buy. what make it better now than before to buy a 99 year leasehold is because, there has been cases of enbloc on 99 year leasehold now. BUT this usually applies to 99 LH at good location and upward adjustment in plot ratio. Of course, if the invested property is in a potential location, and the location becomes popular, the price of 99LH will also appreciate. Other than the above, buying 99LH is a risk itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Property Hunter
    You may be right, but there is also risk that you have to manage, risk of losing the opportunity to buy your choice units if you defer.
    Surely, you don't only see the price when buying property, but also whether you personally like the unit or not.

Another risk if you decide to defer buying property is the remaining lease itself. For example, if you buy TQ 2 yrs later, that mean you get 97 yr of lease instead of 99 yr.

Logic Guest

"Buy the quartz 2 years later, you get 97 yrs of lease instaed of 99 yr". Very Clever???!!!

Consider those HDB in AMK & Toa Payoh etc, some of them is already more than 25 years old, yet resale price is still increasing over the year. Why?

Logically, as lease decreases, price decreases. Ironically, its the other way around. Why??

This is because inorder to protect the asset value of HDB owner and maintain the property sector stable, HDB will have to increase the selling price of new flats. This is to balance the resale price of HDB. Eg, 5Rm Flats in Duxton selling at around 600k from HDB. This reflects the resale price around that area.

If 5Rm Flats in Duxton is selling below market, ie 400k, the whole resale market will plunge, affecting the whole real estate market in Singapore.

The problem is New Flats will be getting more and more expensive over the years. What to do ?! Its for the scholars in HDB to think.

Conclusion is "Dont Worry, Be Happy". Government is taking care of everything. Life is short, buy if you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Property Hunter

haiz!!! Guest

i really dont understand what the problem is.

For owners, if you like the place, who cares what other people say?

For people interested, think for yourself lah! if you like the place or think it is worth the price, then buy.

For people who think its not worth it or think it is too expensive, just dont buy and buy somewhere else.

I really dont understand what the fuss is all about.

BTW, i am an owner.