View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 60 of 123 FirstFirst ... 303540455055565758596061626364657075808590 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

u have under-estimated Guest

u have under-estimated the air pollution. i drove to pasir ris, sengkang, hougang and sembawang and could even smell the same crap. we are talking about huge petrochemical clouds drifting from malaysia to singapore everyday, not an occasional affair. you better know what you are dealing with here...

Quote Originally Posted by RegĄstered
    Buangkok Drive is so far away from Punggol, how to smell the imaginary smell of Punggol?
    Did you study geography in school?

Buangkok Drive is next to Hougang, why don't you say Hougang can smell Punggol air?
    Areas that are nearer to Punggol than Buangkok Drive are Selatar, Jalan Kayu, Sengkang areas that are near Punggol, etc..

Anyway, if Punggol can smell your imaginary smell, Woodlands, Yishun, Pasir Ris, etc. would have been smelling it too.

We have already say goodbye to you. Now we need to say it again.

Question Guest

Quote Originally Posted by u have under-estimated
    u have under-estimated the air pollution. i drove to pasir ris, sengkang, hougang and sembawang and could even smell the same crap. we are talking about huge petrochemical clouds drifting from malaysia to singapore everyday, not an occasional affair. you better know what you are dealing with here...
    Can you smell this imaginary smell from your house?

Un Guest

all of you can argue until the cow comes home and there is no conclusion.

he said there is smell and we said no smell, so what for waste our time? if he believes that there is smell then so be it. so long as we have been there and know that there isn't, does it matter if he thinks there is?

TeaQueue Guest

Quote Originally Posted by to the misled
    dark lanes? are you partially blind or your eyes not receptive to light? Plenty of street lighting everywhere and you call that dark? Sunset way has some of the nicest condos in singapore and if you have every heard of brookvale, it is 3km from and to the main road but people still live there. BH is merely 7min to the MRT and you call that far, you must be the typical pampered softie singaporean that needs everything at your doorstep. What a baby...

BH is better than TQ in terms of the lease (it is 999 yrs).
    Other than that, TQ is better, much more quiet and peaceful.

hantu Guest

any quieter than than BH, you will find hantu

Quote Originally Posted by TeaQueue
    BH is better than TQ in terms of the lease (it is 999 yrs).
    Other than that, TQ is better, much more quiet and peaceful.

Default Fair comments

I don't stay in Punggol, but its true that there may be stench at times when the wind blows. This is what I heard from my sister who stays in Punggol area. I don't think this is frequent, as I have been to her place many times, but never smell it before. And back to topic, I don't think it will go that far to Sengkang, Buangkok area. A fair point here..If the air is not good..IMH will not be located at Sengkang area. Good air is a need for patients.

To be frank, I am surprise that such childish comments are found in a condo forum. Thought people who can afford are matured enough to give geninue and constructive comments rather than scolding and critising each other. Accept it if its geninue, by defending will not change the true fact. You are only deceiving yourself.

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    To be frank, I am surprise that such childish comments are found in a condo forum. Thought people who can afford are matured enough to give geninue and constructive comments rather than scolding and critising each other. Accept it if its geninue, by defending will not change the true fact. You are only deceiving yourself.
    Just curious.

So if you stand in Buangkok and there is no so-called-Punggol smell, what would you do?

Ignore the remark or comment that it is not true?

move on Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    well, if it is genuine, of course no one will defend it. and precisely because it is NOT genuine, so the defence, understand?

but again, why bother to engage in these kinds of endless and meaningless debate when you know there is no endling?

so TQ owners, please move on and ignore such comments.

Default Reno Quote (1066sqft)

Hi future neighbours,

Just receive a draft quotation from my contractor, Maxpro Interior. Decide to hack down and tear 2 rooms into one. Pretty happy with the design.
    Just a rough check, how much do u all intend to spend for reno though its base on individual.

Default Reno budget

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Hi future neighbours,

Just receive a draft quotation from my contractor, Maxpro Interior. Decide to hack down and tear 2 rooms into one. Pretty happy with the design.
    Just a rough check, how much do u all intend to spend for reno though its base on individual.

I don't intend to spend too much on the renovation. Budget around $20K. Don't think I will do any hacking.

Costs will be mainly for study table design and bed for common bedroom due to the limited space.

For master bedroom, just a simple deco at the bay window.

For living, laying of wooden plank and maybe a mountain for feng sui at the planter, and also to custom build a shoe rack at the entrance.

For the smaller common room, I will design it as a relax corner for games and music.

Hope to squeeze everything around $20k.

How about you guys?

Default Floor plan

Just curious, have you guys got your floor plan from the developer? If not what are your guys using when talking to your contractor?

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    I don't intend to spend too much on the renovation. Budget around $20K. Don't think I will do any hacking.

Costs will be mainly for study table design and bed for common bedroom due to the limited space.

For living, laying of wooden plank and maybe a mountain for feng sui at the planter, and also to custom build a shoe rack at the entrance.

For the smaller common room, I will design it as a relax corner for games and music.

How about you guys?

Mine is only the TV console, lightings, bed frame for master bedroom and planks for planter. I think should be ard 15K.
    Last edited by kennt; 31-10-08 at 10:02.

How about you guys?
    Hi TQ1,

Taking into consideration that kitchen, wardrobe, bathroom etc..etc.. is done up, you can use 20k to play with a lot of design. Also hoping to squeeze all in 20k.
    We did an extension for the dining table(like a bar counter), with a rooftop for hanging wine, a big mirror at the dining area
    - L-shape walk in wardrobe with a cabinet case in the centre n a music corner
    - 3 cushion legde for 3 bedroom
    and many more in the quotation. But some can only b quote on the spot.
    really cant wait for the TOP to come

Are you building ur shoe rack in or outside of the house?

Hi TQ1,

Taking into consideration that kitchen, wardrobe, bathroom etc..etc.. is done up, you can use 20k to play with a lot of design. Also hoping to squeeze all in 20k.
    We did an extension for the dining table(like a bar counter), with a rooftop for hanging wine, a big mirror at the dining area

Hi LA,

Sound great. Maybe want to copy a bit on your concept. Hee..Hee.

As for the shoe rack, it may be better to put it outside to maximize space. If that is the case, don't need to custom make already. Just buy from IKEA.

I juz went to 9 ID for quotation...hehe

Will be knocking the bedroom 3 wall down and making it a study cum PC room...will be doing up full glass panel. Custom shoe cabinets will be inside the shelter, wife wants it boutique style....not to mention a feature wall. Total budget 25K.

The budget u guys stated is excluding furnishing rite??

Hi TQ1,

Urs sound interesting....I talked to many ID and they said making a walkin wardrobe will be a challenge without combining bedroom 3 and materbedroom

Quote Originally Posted by vic
    I juz went to 9 ID for quotation...hehe

Will be knocking the bedroom 3 wall down and making it a study cum PC room...will be doing up full glass panel. Custom shoe cabinets will be inside the shelter, wife wants it boutique style....not to mention a feature wall. Total budget 25K.

The budget u guys stated is excluding furnishing rite??
    My $20K budget is inclusive of furnishing as I will likely not do any hacking. Not spoken to any ID yet.

One question for LA. As mentioned by imbeciledynasty, do we need a dimensional floor plan for the ID (for planning purpose)?

My $20K budget is inclusive of furnishing as I will likely not do any hacking. Not spoken to any ID yet.

One question for LA. As mentioned by imbeciledynasty, do we need a dimensional floor plan for the ID (for planning purpose)?

Various ID i spoke to mentioned the floor plan given by the developer (light green paper) is quite accurate...good enuff for initial planning/drawing.

Hope this helps.

Various ID i spoke to mentioned the floor plan given by the developer (light green paper) is quite accurate...good enuff for initial planning/drawing.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks Vic. I think I will start by ID shopping probably in the year end school holiday. And also hope the TQ can be completed on time (by 17th Mar 09 as indicated at the construction site)

Hi TQ1,

Think if you are talking about shoe rack at the common area, I have to tell you that you are not allow to build any fix furniture in the common area, if you want to put movable "ikea-like" shoe rack, my advice is to do it after CSC. the interim MA is likely to strictly enforce the rules.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Think if you are talking about shoe rack at the common area, I have to tell you that you are not allow to build any fix furniture in the common area, if you want to put movable "ikea-like" shoe rack, my advice is to do it after CSC. the interim MA is likely to strictly enforce the rules.
    Wah lau! So strict meh?

Hi LA,

Sound great. Maybe want to copy a bit on your concept. Hee..Hee.

As for the shoe rack, it may be better to put it outside to maximize space. If that is the case, don't need to custom make already. Just buy from IKEA.
    Great!! Let's not say copy but rather reference from each other. I just went to IFC today to get some idea n inspriation also.
    Just to share some lobang. Me n my husband got few "benches" from novena warehouse today. 1 @ $99. Though u might think that it is too early to get it, but i think the "suede" bench @ such price is hard to find. Intend to put inside the master bathroom for deco purpose... haha.. Perhaps when about time to TOP, we can meet up in TQ to share more ideas n lobangs.
    do visit www.renotalk.com for more reference. We get to learn a lot of things inside. Enjoy!

Urs sound interesting....I talked to many ID and they said making a walkin wardrobe will be a challenge without combining bedroom 3 and materbedroom
    Hi Vic!! Hi-5 to u!! Finally got someone who shared the walkin wardrobe concept. If you really can trust me though we knew each other from internet, but you can approach my ID, david (90068441). He is v responsible, gd finishing n honest pricing. He'll listen and understand ur standard of living n expectation. So far, he has done up numerous of my customers projects, shops n houses. All thumbs up for his servies n fine worksmenship. u can dun mention my name n just request for quotation.
    He has designed a draft walk-in wardrobe n we love it. Details will only finalise upon TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by imbeciledynasty
    Just curious, have you guys got your floor plan from the developer? If not what are your guys using when talking to your contractor?
    Hi,

All shld hv gotten a copy of floor plan when we bought the house. Its a stack of top view dimensional drawing . Just in case you dun have, you may go to the showroom n get from the agents there.
    If you pass it to ur ID, he will know the dimension. Think its 1:100. My contractor already helped to draft out most of the dimension cos he knows we do a lot of "shopping" just in case we need to confirm certain furniture with now n then home exhibition n comex in Dec.

You may refer to my reply to imbiciledynasty, if ur contractor is nice, he'll help to put in the draft drawing the size n dimension of furniture u might want to get before you get the house.
    But beside 2 small benche i got today, the rest not buying till we get the house though its v tempting with so many beautiful furnitures outside. Already got experience from my previous home that some things we bought b4 hand does not come in use n not suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Hi Iridrium,

Thanks for ur info. Will take note!

Hi TQ1,

Hi TQ1 and LA,

For the 3 cushion ledge for 3 bedroom can be custom made by the contractor too?
    I wanted to custom made a shoe cabinet too but think the space is limited even outside the common.

Hi Vic!! Hi-5 to u!! Finally got someone who shared the walkin wardrobe concept. If you really can trust me though we knew each other from internet, but you can approach my ID, david (90068441). He is v responsible, gd finishing n honest pricing. He'll listen and understand ur standard of living n expectation. So far, he has done up numerous of my customers projects, shops n houses. All thumbs up for his servies n fine worksmenship. u can dun mention my name n just request for quotation.
    He has designed a draft walk-in wardrobe n we love it. Details will only finalise upon TOP.
    Hi LA,

Will try your ID too. Tks.

Quote Originally Posted by TQ63
    Hi TQ1 and LA,

For the 3 cushion ledge for 3 bedroom can be custom made by the contractor too?
    I wanted to custom made a shoe cabinet too but think the space is limited even outside the common.
    Hi TQ 63,

The 3 bedroom ledge definitely has to b custom made(think actual is just covered with ceramic??). It can b done n design by ID.
    For me, I'm putting most shoes in the storeroom(save $ n space).

Not to mention recommending my designer to u. Good things are meant to share... haha...