View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

The official TOP of this project is Jun 2010. 3 years from now. How come take so long? IR Marina which is such a big project will TOP in 2009. But I notice a construction site sign posting outside the developement which states that the completion date of this project is SEP 2008. So can we expect Sep 2008 to be the correct TOP date instead. Don't like to wait so long to start enjoy the Condo lifestyle that's so near the mainline MRT. Wonder if the project will delay or quality affected because of sand shortage issue in S'pore.

Unregistered Guest

oh,the sign board put sep08? Hope this is true...but usually developer will not put too early, to safeguard themselves from any liability, just in case their contractor not able to finish on time. The 2010 is it the final legal TOP? Think TOP will be earlier, the developer wants more $ into their pocket too. If its Sep08, it will be great!
    Cannot compare to IR, that one is Spore attraction and income generating source..of course must expedite and expedite.
    As for the sand, if it delays, then the main contractor pays the developer. This is where the long TOP becomes useful to the developer.
    But if you notice China construction got lots of project going on...hope this will not affect their quality of work.
    I can't wait to enjoy the facilities there too

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Noted that the new HDB premium flat surrounding the BK MRT will complete as from Sep '07 to Mar '08 in stages. Hence, by SEP 2008, we'll not be affected by the construction dusts or noise of the premium flats. Most likely, by then the commercial shops there would also have been fully occupied and functional. Good timing indeed. The premium flat would also provide shelter, bust and safety to MRT station which at present is far too quiet for ladies or kids especially late at night.

Unregistered Guest

anybody knows if there will be a shelter from MRT to TQ? I think I read it somewhere before?

Unregistered Guest

Logically, there'll not be as there's a small road dividing TQ and the MRT/HDB Premium flat.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Logically, there'll not be as there's a small road dividing TQ and the MRT/HDB Premium flat.
    Hope there will be one...I thought of it before...maybe a bridge? But I remember I did read somewhere before

Unregistered Guest

Cool Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Overhead bridge for 2 lane dual carriage way road? Never heard of it before in S'pore. It will definitely not meet the ROI(Return of Investment) calculation of LTA unless the now higher paid Ministry of Tpt has become more generous with tax payers money as well and relax the ROI. Wishful thinking...

Unregistered Guest

Newsletter
    www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/Land (Jan-Mar).pdf
    SLA implemented several measures to improve the land sale process for and the attractiveness of the Sengkang Central site. We obtained an in-principle approval from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for the successful tenderer to construct a covered walkway from the condominium to be built on the site to nearby Buangkok MRT station.

ANNUAL REPORT 2004/05 (PDF)
    www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/SLA_AR0405.pdf
    The residential site at Sengkang Central/Buangkok Drive was ... a covered walkway to connect the future condominium to the Buangkok. MRT station. ...www.sla.gov.sg/doc/new/SLA_AR0405.pdf - 1002k - View as html

To ensure that the site was well-contested, SLA took the initiative to reduce developers’ uncertainties in bidding for the site. For example, SLA obtained an in-principle approval from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for the construction of a covered walkway to connect the future condominium to the Buangkok MRT station.

Unregistered Guest

I'm not sure if the walkway still valids..this is what I found in the newsletter

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

First time I came across this. Even the developer sales person didn't even know how to make use of this as another selling point. It will be GREAT if LTA proceed with the plan to construct the covered walkway from TQ to BK MRT. KM has the advantage of covered walkway to the Kovan MRT. Perhaps someone could confirm with the developer when visiting the showflat one of these days.

Unregistered Guest

I saw this from the newsletter incidentally cos that time I'm searching for land development for that empty land. Haha...was hoping URA will develop that into shopping mall...whether the walkway will still be constructed, I'm not sure...

Unregistered Guest

any chinese name for The Quartz?

golden0911 Guest

any chinese name for The Quartz?
    We visited showroom in The Quartz on last Saturday, and decided to buy one unit in 51, #04 tomorrow.....after I did compare with Yew Tee Residences. nice place in the future.....

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by golden0911
    We visited showroom in The Quartz on last Saturday, and decided to buy one unit in 51, #04 tomorrow.....after I did compare with Yew Tee Residences. nice place in the future.....
    How much you pay for? high floor or low floor

golden0911 Guest

How much you pay for? high floor or low floor
    It will be S$542K, facing compassvale bow.
    floor 12
    Last edited by golden0911; 14-04-07 at 01:37.

Unregistered Guest

It will be S$542K, facing compassvale bow.
    floor 12
    I brought Blk53 #10 at S$529,200...it was before price increase after CNY

Unregistered Guest

oh,the sign board put sep08? Hope this is true...but usually developer will not put too early, to safeguard themselves from any liability, just in case their contractor not able to finish on time. The 2010 is it the final legal TOP? Think TOP will be earlier, the developer wants more $ into their pocket too. If its Sep08, it will be great!
    Cannot compare to IR, that one is Spore attraction and income generating source..of course must expedite and expedite.
    As for the sand, if it delays, then the main contractor pays the developer. This is where the long TOP becomes useful to the developer.
    But if you notice China construction got lots of project going on...hope this will not affect their quality of work.
    I can't wait to enjoy the facilities there too

I went to The Quartz and double check on the TOP....it was June 2010 not Sep 2008.

golden0911 Guest

I brought Blk53 #10 at S$529,200...it was before price increase after CNY
    facing pool or facing bow?

Unregistered Guest

facing pool or facing bow?
    Planter facing bow, but bedrooms facing MRT

Unregistered Guest

I went to The Quartz and double check on the TOP....it was June 2010 not Sep 2008.
    Sigh...so long...but think in Sep 2009 it will be ready..my guess

Unregistered Guest

Question Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Read in today's ST that mass market condo near MRT is picking up. The latest being Casa Merah (near Tanah Merah MRT) was 90% snapped-up during pre-launch least weekend at upto $620 psf. It is also 99 years with 556 units. But how come The Quartz also near MRT but so low take-up rate and also inspite of its low selling price of hardly $518 psf? (see psf pricing at http://www.condo.com.sg/mycondo/uras...?condoid=2890). Is it because NTUC Choice home built better quality condos than Guoccoland?

Unregistered Guest

Read in today's ST that mass market condo near MRT is picking up. The latest being Casa Merah (near Tanah Merah MRT) was 90% snapped-up during pre-launch least weekend at upto $620 psf. It is also 99 years with 556 units. But how come The Quartz also near MRT but so low take-up rate and also inspite of its low selling price of hardly $518 psf? (see psf pricing at http://www.condo.com.sg/mycondo/uras...?condoid=2890). Is it because NTUC Choice home built better quality condos than Guoccoland?
    In the same breath, the guy at Knight Frank also mentioned "the raintree". I supposed he meant the slow sale of the raintree lasy year. In fact, since February of this year, the developer has increased the price for the project four to five times and heard at thsi point 312 out of 315 units are already sold. The remaining 2-3 3+1 units are second floor pool facing units going for over 650 psf. In Feb, same units are only going for around 515 sqft. I have not been following Quartz, hope it is doing as well as the raintree.

Unregistered Guest

I think it is the location.
    tanah merah is a better location as compare to buangkok.

quality wise, i would say guocoland is one notch higher.

Unregistered Guest

I feel that Tana Merah got good adverstisment..as many people while travelling MRT, they can see that there is a project going on. For TQ, MRT is underground, many can't see what is above the ground...Though there was an TV adv before, many could have forgotton about it.
    Another thing is many, still prefer matured estate as they have not seen the potential of NE line.
    I believe the strategy of GL is to keep low profile first and then do more adv when prices of other property increase. They will then increase further.

I heard that prices will increase this weekend.

Unregistered Guest

I feel that Tana Merah got good adverstisment..as many people while travelling MRT, they can see that there is a project going on. For TQ, MRT is underground, many can't see what is above the ground...Though there was an TV adv before, many could have forgotton about it.
    Another thing is many, still prefer matured estate as they have not seen the potential of NE line.
    I believe the strategy of GL is to keep low profile first and then do more adv when prices of other property increase. They will then increase further.

I heard that prices will increase this weekend.
    Totally agreed with you....

Unregistered Guest

wonder how's sales at TQ...seems like everyone is buying property..
    anybody bought any units recently?

Registered Guest

wonder how's sales at TQ...seems like everyone is buying property..
    anybody bought any units recently?

Might as welll buy The Rivervale? Cheaper.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    Might as welll buy The Rivervale? Cheaper.
    The Rivervale is not near to MRT, moreover its an EC. So cannot really compare. Plus Rivervale is already TOP for so long, if purchase need to pay lump sum..many who is holding on to HDB can't have deferred payment scheme. But its really much cheaper...

Unregistered Guest

The Rivervale is not near to MRT, moreover its an EC. So cannot really compare. Plus Rivervale is already TOP for so long, if purchase need to pay lump sum..many who is holding on to HDB can't have deferred payment scheme. But its really much cheaper...
    EC can only be sold after 5yrs of staying? After then if purchase from the owner, do we have grant?

Unregistered Guest

EC can only be sold after 5yrs of staying? After then if purchase from the owner, do we have grant?
    if you buy 2nd-hand from market for EC, you will not be given grant.