View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 55 of 123 FirstFirst ... 253035404550515253545556575859606570758085 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

TX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    Hi SIA, thanks for the update. Anyone can estimate if the construction complete on 17th Mar 09, when will be the expected TOP? Usually how long will it takes to complete the inspection and ready for TOP?

Anyone know when the developer actually acquired the land?
    Efffectively the longer the TOP, the more we lose as the longer period has been used up by developers to complete the project and this will certainly offset the 99 yrs.

TX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    Hi SIA, thanks for the update. Anyone can estimate if the construction complete on 17th Mar 09, when will be the expected TOP? Usually how long will it takes to complete the inspection and ready for TOP?

Efffectively the longer the TOP, the more we lose as the longer period has been used up by developers to complete the project and this will certainly offset the 99 yrs.

dont be stupid Guest

Default ...make no diff

Quote Originally Posted by TX
    u such a moron....u dont live to stay dat long either
    anyway dis property suks...only stupid ass wil buy

TX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dont be stupid

Tha't true you won't live that long.
    But you never know that after couple of yrs, you want to resell your unit for some reason (need money, upgrade to better condo, etc).
    This will certainly affect the resell price as many buyers will normally take into account the remaining yrs of lease when they buy.

Now who is stupid here?

Unknown Guest

I think this person just gets angry for he can't afford to buy condo and has to stay in HDB his entire life :P

Quote Originally Posted by TX
    The tender was awarded in Jan 2005.

This is ususally the case with 99 LH as the construction period is part of the lease period. For some government tender, the lease are longer, like 103 years to account for the construction period.

In general, no sane developer will want to delay the completion of the projection once they started the construction. They would want to collect their payment asap, avoid cost overun, ability to sell ready units etc.

You can rest assured they will be rushing to deliver possesion to you.

[QUOTE=SIA]Hi all Quartz owners,

Just to share with you. Photos taken this morning.

View toward Ponggol Park if you stay 8 floors and above, unblock by the fire station.

QUOTE]

Thanks SIA for your great effort! May I know where you took this pixs? You gained access to TQ or is taken from the HDB opp?

I'm on block 51 pool facing....just hoping to get a view of Ponggol Park from my unit.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium

This is ususally the case with 99 LH as the construction period is part of the lease period. For some government tender, the lease are longer, like 103 years to account for the construction period.

In general, no sane developer will want to delay the completion of the projection once they started the construction. They would want to collect their payment asap, avoid cost overun, ability to sell ready units etc.

Thanks for the info. But can you advise as per TQ1 question, what is the lead time for TOP given that the project completion is Mar09. I would very much want to know also.

mrt Guest

congrats to all TQ owners. please read mr funny's "The MRT guide to home prices".

I think u suk more than this property by looking at your comment.

Who are u to say that all buyers of this property are stupid asses.

You are only making a fool of yourself and may I question what property do u own than to justify your intelligence.

Load of rubbish, please get out of this thread if you are not owners or genuine/potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrt
    congrats to all TQ owners. please read mr funny's "The MRT guide to home prices".

$701psf.....Not bad for a new estate!
    Attached Files Attached Files

SIA Guest

Thumbs up Welcome

You're welcome.

I do not have access to TQ, but took these pic from the HDB opp TQ.
    If you are staying 8 floor and above, you can be sure to see ponggol park or at least the greenery. You can even see as far as upper serangoon sec school, beside Rio Vista.
    The height of the fire station is only up to 7 floor. That why we have a secret garden at the 8th floor unit in blk 51. There is one photo showing the roof of the fire station, I am taking that photo from the 8 floor HDB opp.

I jog at ponggol park almost every week and can see my unit from open field beside the playground, where the photo is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by kennt
    Thanks SIA for your great effort! May I know where you took this pixs? You gained access to TQ or is taken from the HDB opp?

I'm on block 51 pool facing....just hoping to get a view of Ponggol Park from my unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SIA
    You're welcome.

If you are staying 8 floor and above, you can be sure to see ponggol park or at least the greenery. You can even see as far as upper serangoon sec school, beside Rio Vista.
    The height of the fire station is only up to 7 floor. That why we have a secret garden at the 8th floor unit in blk 51. There is one photo showing the roof of the fire station, I am taking that photo from the 8 floor HDB opp.

I jog at ponggol park almost every week and can see my unit from open field beside the playground, where the photo is showing.
    Thanks! I'm assured now

Boi boi Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium

Yeaps, 5 years of leasehold consumed le. Btw, anyone affected by the price falls mentioned by the URA flash estimates? Some units in TQ transacting below 680 at 650 psf levels now

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boi boi
    Yeaps, 5 years of leasehold consumed le. Btw, anyone affected by the price falls mentioned by the URA flash estimates? Some units in TQ transacting below 680 at 650 psf levels now
    Yes, TQ is affected.

OCR estimates went up. TQ is in OCR, so should be affected. TQ should also go up.

Default Thanks for the effort

You're welcome.

Thanks for your kind effort by posting the pictures up. Can I check the 8th floo opp TQ is equal to the 8th floor of the TQ when you took the photos from the HDB?? I am curious leh as it will be great to c such view as I am staying at 8th level facing the pool.

Kennt, which unit u are staying??? if u dun mind sharing...... we might be neighbours u know

Quote Originally Posted by chia252
    Thanks for your kind effort by posting the pictures up. Can I check the 8th floo opp TQ is equal to the 8th floor of the TQ when you took the photos from the HDB?? I am curious leh as it will be great to c such view as I am staying at 8th level facing the pool.

Kennt, which unit u are staying??? if u dun mind sharing...... we might be neighbours u know
    Sure...you got PM.

Default Thank you Mr SIA

Hey, thanks a lot Mr SIA. This is very encouraging to see that the expected TOP is 17 Mar 09. Which also mean to say, we may, tentatively be able to get the keys to our dream homes anytime from January onwards. Yeh Yeh! Do keep the photos coming because I am currently living so far away from TQ and its always encouraging to see speedy progress each time I check the forum.

SIA Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chia252
    Yes, the 8th floor in opp HDB is the same as 8th floor in TQ.
    (The HDB opp is the one at bunagkok drive, not the one near MRT)
    Although Blk 51 stand on a higher ground, it start at floor 03. The showflat is at floor 04.

Looking at the same pict of the fire station roof, you can also notice the secret garden at 8th floor in blk 69, it is just overlooking the roof of the fire station. (the secret garden for blk 51 is behind the narrow pillar).

Staying at 8th floor will have an unblock view of the greenery at ponggol park. But due to viewing at an angle down (top looking down), you cannot see the jogging track at ponggol park. you need to be at least 10 floor and above to be able to see the track or pond.

Hi chia252, are you the one who email me before? I have a contact in my yahoo mail that look like this c***v***y***@yahoo.com.sg.

$701psf.....Not bad for a new estate!
    Hi there, this is a very useful document. May I know where can i find more of such useful stuff? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stack 15
    Hi there, this is a very useful document. May I know where can i find more of such useful stuff? Thanks!
    I got it from Mr Funny in the general discussion thread.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=4922

Property Analyst Guest

I got it from Mr Funny in the general discussion thread.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=4922

When comparing condos near MRT, we can't just blindly compare it by how long it takes to walk to the nearest MRT station.

For example, many people keep saying that The Quarts is better as compared to Livia because it's just 3 mins away to MRT whereas Livia is 8 mins.

I think it depends, if you work in city (City Hall & Raffles Place), then I would say Livia is better because you don't need to change train.
    You need to walk 3-5 mins to change train alone, not to mention the waiting time for the next train.
    Also most of the time you get a seat when you ride from Pasir Ris MRT, this is not the case for Buangkok MRT.

If you work in Dhoby Gaut or Harbourfront, then The Quarts is surely better.

All these factors need to be taken into account, each buyer need to carefully match with their own needs (especially where they work).
    As you can read from the article itself, you can conclude that each MRT station has different value.

Quote Originally Posted by Property Analyst
    When comparing condos near MRT, we can't just blindly compare it by how long it takes to walk to the nearest MRT station.

For example, many people keep saying that The Quarts is better as compared to Livia because it's just 3 mins away to MRT whereas Livia is 8 mins.

I think it depends, if you work in city (City Hall & Raffles Place), then I would say Livia is better because you don't need to change train.
    You need to walk 3-5 mins to change train alone, not to mention the waiting time for the next train.
    Also most of the time you get a seat when you ride from Pasir Ris MRT, this is not the case for Buangkok MRT.

All these factors need to be taken into account, each buyer need to carefully match with their own needs (especially where they work).
    As you can read from the article itself, you can conclude that each MRT station has different value.
    Well...we are living in a ever changing world unlike the old days. Your job may not last you for the next 5-10 years. My take is, buy a property with your heart and most importantely YOU like it. Livia is not too bad but I still prefer to stay in the NE.

Property Analyst Guest

Well...we are living in a ever changing world unlike the old days. Your job may not last you for the next 5-10 years. My take is, buy a property with your heart and most importantely YOU like it. Livia is not too bad but I still prefer to stay in the NE.

Existing MRT lines will not change in a very long years to come. Govt may build new ones but unlikely to touch the existing ones.
    And as for the job, I agree with you that it may change, but at least the business line you are in will hardly change.

For example if you work in the banking and financial sectors, most offices are located nearby Raffles Place and Tanjong Pagar MRT.
    As for oil and gas companies, most offices are located near Harbour Front and Jurong MRT.
    These office locations will not change in a very long years to come as well for the same reason that they have invested significant amount of money for the buildings and infrastructure.

Last point I agree with you that finally every buyer will buy whatever they like, but the above point is worth a consideration when buying property.

only TQ Guest

Like Kennt, livia is not too bad, but i still prefer Quartz. Anyway, sometimes when you buy a property, you buy it because it instantly makes you feel at home. Quartz gives me just that feeling.

really? Guest

oh, did people really compare Quartz with Livia? that's interesting.

Existing MRT lines will not change in a very long years to come. Govt may build new ones but unlikely to touch the existing ones.
    And as for the job, I agree with you that it may change, but at least the business line you are in will hardly change.

For example if you work in the banking and financial sectors, most offices are located nearby Raffles Place and Tanjong Pagar MRT.
    As for oil and gas companies, most offices are located near Harbour Front and Jurong MRT.
    These office locations will not change in a very long years to come as well for the same reason that they have invested significant amount of money for the buildings and infrastructure.

Last point I agree with you that finally every buyer will buy whatever they like, but the above point is worth a consideration when buying property.

It is not true that your business Line/industry will not change. It's more your function that will not change. You can be a programmer in a bank, but can easily switch to a programmer in an IT services firm. Similarly for a Finance Mgr, Sales Manager etc.

Even if you remain within the same industry, it is also not true that banking and financial sectors are usually in Raffles Place and Tanjong Pager. Banks have many branches and only if you work in the HQ, then your offices will be in town area. Increasingly, we also have companies moving out of expensive rental places to away from town areas like Chai Chee and Tuas.

So end of the day, it boils down to whether you like the property and the surrounding area.

Good analysis..but sorry...it doesn't apply to me.

Smile y r right

Yes, the 8th floor in opp HDB is the same as 8th floor in TQ.
    (The HDB opp is the one at bunagkok drive, not the one near MRT)
    Although Blk 51 stand on a higher ground, it start at floor 03. The showflat is at floor 04.

Looking at the same pict of the fire station roof, you can also notice the secret garden at 8th floor in blk 69, it is just overlooking the roof of the fire station. (the secret garden for blk 51 is behind the narrow pillar).

Staying at 8th floor will have an unblock view of the greenery at ponggol park. But due to viewing at an angle down (top looking down), you cannot see the jogging track at ponggol park. you need to be at least 10 floor and above to be able to see the track or pond.

Hi chia252, are you the one who email me before? I have a contact in my yahoo mail that look like this c***v***y***@yahoo.com.sg.
    u staying at blk 51 too? unit number can share

Question north vista pri school

anyone out there knows whether north vista pri sch ia a gd sch or nt as it near TQ thinking of enrolling my kids there