View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 54 of 123 FirstFirst ... 242934394449505152535455565758596469747984 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 15 ............................. 832 ................ 725 ............... 559
    $832psf! Another high for TQ! Swee!

Freehold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    $832psf! Another high for TQ! Swee!

Congrats, if a 99-year leasehold project can go that high, the freehold ones will go even higher.

789 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freehold
    Congrats, if a 99-year leasehold project can go that high, the freehold ones will go even higher.
    not necessarily so. depends on location and a lot of other factors.

Freehold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 789
    not necessarily so. depends on location and a lot of other factors.

Most freehold condos are located quite remote (bukit timah, east coast, etc), and no matter how far they are located, in general they command much higher price.

When selling their units, freehold owners don't have time pressure.
    This is not the case for 99-yrs leasehold as the value of the units (i.e. the tenure) will erode with time.

789 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freehold
    Most freehold condos are located quite remote (bukit timah, east coast, etc), and no matter how far they are located, in general they command much higher price.

When selling their units, freehold owners don't have time pressure.
    This is not the case for 99-yrs leasehold as the value of the units (i.e. the tenure) will erode with time.
    freehold properties in telok kurau are not expensive. so are those in geylang. but in general, do agree with your view that freehold owners don't have time pressure.

New TQ Owner Guest

Talking

Seem that TQ is a good choice compare with some other condo. It has most of the requirement that I want; 3 mins to MRT, 24 hours NTUC, near to town centre, not so ulu, nice layout, full facilities, more than enough underground carpark lots and low maintenance fee.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by New TQ Owner
    Seem that TQ is a good choice compare with some other condo. It has most of the requirement that I want; 3 mins to MRT, 24 hours NTUC, near to town centre, not so ulu, nice layout, full facilities, more than enough underground carpark lots and low maintenance fee.

u agent or what? how you know low maiteneance fee..not even top and committee not formed..how to tell...based on number of units??

low how low...any indicative?

New TQ owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    u agent or what? how you know low maiteneance fee..not even top and committee not formed..how to tell...based on number of units??

low how low...any indicative?
    I am a new TQ owner, I was told by my agent the maintenance fee is about $190 to $210 per month.

I think given total units of 625 x $200 (ave) = $125,000 per month for maintenance should be more than enough.

Unregistered? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by New TQ owner
    I am a new TQ owner, I was told by my agent the maintenance fee is about $190 to $210 per month.

I think given total units of 625 x $200 (ave) = $125,000 per month for maintenance should be more than enough.
    not exactly..9 blocks high rise minimum 2 lifts each. swimming pool, landscaping, 24 hours security, common area cleaning and maintenence including electricity, tennis gym etc etc..sinking fund and others for future repainting..normally within 5 years..$200 is tough to accumulate enough for future without topping up ..of cos the argument will be very little maintenance for first few years because practically everything new..simple analogy will be a brand new car..don't have to bother first 3 years but subsequently a fair bit needs to be done..

Developer will not pay after warranty period is over..

Unknown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered?
    not exactly..9 blocks high rise minimum 2 lifts each. swimming pool, landscaping, 24 hours security, common area cleaning and maintenence including electricity, tennis gym etc etc..sinking fund and others for future repainting..normally within 5 years..$200 is tough to accumulate enough for future without topping up ..of cos the argument will be very little maintenance for first few years because practically everything new..simple analogy will be a brand new car..don't have to bother first 3 years but subsequently a fair bit needs to be done..

How about Livia, anyone heard what will be the maintenance fee?
    There are many more units there, so I suppose the maintenance fee will be lower.

Un Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    How about Livia, anyone heard what will be the maintenance fee?
    There are many more units there, so I suppose the maintenance fee will be lower.

It is about $250 - $340 per month dependg on floor/size...
    I thought Livia is good and it is lowest now among 99 yrs leasehold.

I see Guest

so for devts with much fewer units and the same number of facilities, the maintenance will definitely be very much higher.

mass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Un
    It is about $250 - $340 per month dependg on floor/size...
    I thought Livia is good and it is lowest now among 99 yrs leasehold.
    most mass condos have lower maintenance fees than those smaller condos.

Maint fees Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mass
    most mass condos have lower maintenance fees than those smaller condos.
    The Quartz maintenance fees are ranging from $190 (1023sqft) to $255 ($1916sq ft). For majority of us staying around 1023 sq ft to 1,200 sq ft, maintenance fees should be at a low $200 which is very much affordable. (Almost similar to those staying in a executive HDB).

mass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maint fees
    The Quartz maintenance fees are ranging from $190 (1023sqft) to $255 ($1916sq ft). For majority of us staying around 1023 sq ft to 1,200 sq ft, maintenance fees should be at a low $200 which is very much affordable. (Almost similar to those staying in a executive HDB).
    so if it is $255, then it is not tough to accumulate enough for the future like what someone said previously.

Unregisted? Guest

so if it is $255, then it is not tough to accumulate enough for the future like what someone said previously.

it will be a concern if you are buying to stay..if for rental..it doesn't really matter as you can expense the fee from rental income...

New TQ owner Guest

Right, more than enough, $255 x 625 units = $159,375 per month x 12 months = 1.9 million per year . I think no need so much to maintenance a condo.

Unregistered? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by New TQ owner
    Right, more than enough, $255 x 625 units = $159,375 per month x 12 months = 1.9 million per year . I think no need so much to maintenance a condo.
    so back to the question of low..from $190 to $255..that's a 35% different.

my point is at $255 it's not low anymore..most condo inclusive of sinking fund is around that price.

any idea what's the monthly sinking fund for Quartz or it's already in the $255???

Unregistered1 Guest

Cool

so back to the question of low..from $190 to $255..that's a 35% different.

my point is at $255 it's not low anymore..most condo inclusive of sinking fund is around that price.

any idea what's the monthly sinking fund for Quartz or it's already in the $255???

can someone do a quick calculation...

i) 3 shift security
    ii) Pools maintenance
    iii) Lifts maintenance assuming hydraulic
    iv) Landscaping, roof terraces and water features
    v) Electricity for common areas inclusive lift lobbies.
    vi) Gym x 2 maintenance
    vii) Cleaners for upkeeping
    viii) Garbage contractors to clear on a daily basis
    ix) maintenance for common bathroom at pool and gyms
    x) Reserve funds for future or emergency
    x) any others that i missed out

it's not fair to filter in the 22% electircity hike at this point for computation...so just based on the current fee before adjustment. that should be a fair guage of the monthly fee. and in any residence committee, it's only healthy to set aside a minimum of 10% to 15% for future or emergency..

Norm Guest

can someone do a quick calculation...

i) 3 shift security
    ii) Pools maintenance
    iii) Lifts maintenance assuming hydraulic
    iv) Landscaping, roof terraces and water features
    v) Electricity for common areas inclusive lift lobbies.
    vi) Gym x 2 maintenance
    vii) Cleaners for upkeeping
    viii) Garbage contractors to clear on a daily basis
    ix) maintenance for common bathroom at pool and gyms
    x) Reserve funds for future or emergency
    x) any others that i missed out

it's not fair to filter in the 22% electircity hike at this point for computation...so just based on the current fee before adjustment. that should be a fair guage of the monthly fee. and in any residence committee, it's only healthy to set aside a minimum of 10% to 15% for future or emergency..
    In the first two year after TOP, the general maintenance needed is minimum as everything is still new and the extra money will goes into the reserve fund. However, things will start to fail after that (common area doors, windows, lightings, walls, toilet, swimming pool, pump, etc, etc). 2xx is a norm in most condo.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
    In the first two year after TOP, the general maintenance needed is minimum as everything is still new and the extra money will goes into the reserve fund. However, things will start to fail after that (common area doors, windows, lightings, walls, toilet, swimming pool, pump, etc, etc). 2xx is a norm in most condo.
    yup..mentioned earlier minimum in first 2 years..those highlighted were day to day not major..will fall apart sooner if not kept in tag..

the point is "not cheap" ...if $2++ is the norm..then what's the difference between TQ and the rest in terms of maintenance..just quoting the fact that it was stressed in earlier thread about low maintenance fee..

Advise Guest

yup..mentioned earlier minimum in first 2 years..those highlighted were day to day not major..will fall apart sooner if not kept in tag..

the point is "not cheap" ...if $2++ is the norm..then what's the difference between TQ and the rest in terms of maintenance..just quoting the fact that it was stressed in earlier thread about low maintenance fee..
    If the maintenance is low, you will need to increase it to handle higher maintenance cost later. Voting to get the SP to agree on raising the maintenance fee is worst than moving a mountain. It's not going to happen. You will suffer later on because of this.

Unknown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Advise
    If the maintenance is low, you will need to increase it to handle higher maintenance cost later. Voting to get the SP to agree on raising the maintenance fee is worst than moving a mountain. It's not going to happen. You will suffer later on because of this.

Well, I wouldn't bother too much about maintenance fee, I think the different between various condos would be no more than $100.
    I would rather bother about some other important stuffs like location, surrounding env, access to public transport, leasehold vs freehold, etc.

SIA Guest

Thumbs up Progress at ground zero

Hi all Quartz owners,

Just to share with you. Photos taken this morning.

View from buangkok Drive

View toward Ponggol Park if you stay 8 floors and above, unblock by the fire station.

SIA Guest

Default Progress at ground zero

more...

block 51 and showflat

Block 53

SIA Guest

and more...

Block 55

Block 59

Block 63

Block 67 & Swimming pool

SIA Guest

and last but not least....

Sky Gym

sign outside the construction

shld be at least 6-9mths more to TOP..

Thank you Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SIA

Sky Gym

Thank you, the photos were so well taken.

Quote Originally Posted by SIA

Hi SIA, thanks for the update. Anyone can estimate if the construction complete on 17th Mar 09, when will be the expected TOP? Usually how long will it takes to complete the inspection and ready for TOP?