View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 53 of 123 FirstFirst ... 232833384348495051525354555657586368737883 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Unregistered 101 Guest

Default Delay of TOP

Hi All,

Last sunday I went to TQ with my wife. And was advise by our agent that the TOP will be delay to 2nd quarter of next year. Have you guys heard of it?

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered 101
    Hi All,

Last sunday I went to TQ with my wife. And was advise by our agent that the TOP will be delay to 2nd quarter of next year. Have you guys heard of it?
    thanks for the info. we were hoping that it will be first quarter. well, since it is a big development, it should take a longer than expected time to complete.

Unregisteredbuy Guest

Hi All,

do you own any unit there?

i dont mind. 2Q then 2Q.

Peter Pan Guest

Hi All,

I think the agent just want to protect himself. By looking at it now, I personally think they can complete by 1Q. The developer would very much want to collect money asap as TQ is under deferred payment scheme.

Unregistered 101 Guest

I own a unit at stack 67. My agent told me that the developer have told them to inform the new buyer from Q1 delay to Q2. That why I asking whether anyone of your agent got inform you or not. Sigh, still thought can go in early. But now dream is shatter.

Just bought Guest

Unhappy TOP delay

I own a unit at stack 67. My agent told me that the developer have told them to inform the new buyer from Q1 delay to Q2. That why I asking whether anyone of your agent got inform you or not. Sigh, still thought can go in early. But now dream is shatter.

My agent actually mentioned to me when I bought TQ one month ago that the TOP will be around end Q1/beginning Q2. Verbally, he said it will be somewhere Mar or Apr 09. Hope it is just a month delay and not a full THREE months (1Q) delay.

Hi 101, Good house is worth waiting for... just a matter of two, three months, no problem la, after all everyone of us have been waited for more than a year. Regards,

Default TOP delay

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tam
    Hi 101, Good house is worth waiting for... just a matter of two, three months, no problem la, after all everyone of us have been waited for more than a year. Regards,
    Hope the TOP will be beginning of Q2 and not end of Q2. No choice, have to extend my rental for another 3 months. Sigh...

Unregistered661 Guest

just checked my contract, expected date of completion shall be no later than 30 June of 2010. is that date of TOP?

UnregisteredTQ Guest

Default Expected date of completion = TOP

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered661
    just checked my contract, expected date of completion shall be no later than 30 June of 2010. is that date of TOP?
    That date (Yes, that is the TOP date) is the contractual commitment from the developer to the owners. Any delay beyond this date will have legal complication. Usually the actual TOP will come around 12 months or earlier than the date on the contract.

Went to TQ this afternoon, everything seem to be moving at a fast pace. Look like is going to complete as scheduled. Any feedback on the wooden plank for the planter, since the last discussion on the water retention and termite problem?

Went to TQ this afternoon, everything seem to be moving at a fast pace. Look like is going to complete as scheduled. Any feedback on the wooden plank for the planter, since the last discussion on the water retention and termite problem?
    It seems like there will be a tendency of water retention as the planter area is not covered. Sigh. Unless the vendor can ensure that there is a possibility of water drainage in the event of rain, seems like laying pebble will be the next best option.

mw Guest

don't worry about water retention...all planters will come with proper drainage in condo. not to mention rain but day to day watering of plants. Termites, i suppose the planks can be chemically treated.

Just bought Guest

Happen to pass by yesterday afternoon. Saw workers were still busying working fixing up the windows on Stack 63. Also saw alot of materials (should be the floor tiles) piling up at the stack facing buangkok drive. I think the contractors were pushing for early completion since contruction costs are stabilizing now.

URA Guest

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 15 ............................. 725 ................ 559 ............... 832

Peter Pan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mw
    don't worry about water retention...all planters will come with proper drainage in condo. not to mention rain but day to day watering of plants. Termites, i suppose the planks can be chemically treated.
    Any contact to call? Maybe can check with them the pricing and detail on the maintenance.Thanks.

lookingfowardtostaying Guest

is it really going to be further delayed to 2Q09?? hope not... looking forward to staying in The Quartz actually... and hope it will be in time for my wedding...

Hi Alan, just met up with my contractor for a quotation and he said the wooden plank for the planter is those that is used for the swiming pool where ppl wet themself first b4 plunging into the pool. The plank is layed as such that there will be another layer layed on the bottom to ensure the water is drained off to the piping from the planter. Those are high end wood and drys up easily. But still din like the idea of wooden plank. Most likely will leave the flooring as given and put some outdoor stone and plant to beautify the mini planter.
    Any idea if TQ allows us to hang our clothes out of the window since some condo doesnt allow the owner to do so. Dryer tends to make the clothe more crumpled.??

Kenshin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Hi Alan, just met up with my contractor for a quotation and he said the wooden plank for the planter is those that is used for the swiming pool where ppl wet themself first b4 plunging into the pool. The plank is layed as such that there will be another layer layed on the bottom to ensure the water is drained off to the piping from the planter. Those are high end wood and drys up easily. But still din like the idea of wooden plank. Most likely will leave the flooring as given and put some outdoor stone and plant to beautify the mini planter.
    Any idea if TQ allows us to hang our clothes out of the window since some condo doesnt allow the owner to do so. Dryer tends to make the clothe more crumpled.??
    Enquired with URA, said putting planks over planter is not allowed unless write in to URA and developer/MCST once formed and also need to pay some development charges. Is it really okie to put wodden planks over? Very confused now as a lot of people doing that.

Default Planter

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin
    Enquired with URA, said putting planks over planter is not allowed unless write in to URA and developer/MCST once formed and also need to pay some development charges. Is it really okie to put wodden planks over? Very confused now as a lot of people doing that.
    Based on the above information, I think for those who are interested to put wooden plank should first write in to the developer for approval before doing the installation. Not too sure about the development charge incur but I think can easily verify with ERA/Guocoland later. But if I am not wrong, the agent did not mention anything about the development charge previously. Maybe we can ask for a waiver next time.

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Thanks LA, you may need to put a lot of pebble stone to level the planter as it is quite deep in.
    Hang up your clothes once the dryer is done, than it will not be crumpled.

mw Guest

putting pebbles might not be a solution. check first..planters normally comes with restricition on loadings. unlike the unit itself or blacony, structurally it is less solid and will have limitations on weight..to level up with pebbles might not be advisable. do check with the developers first on feasibility..

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2008

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Quartz ....... OCR ....... 15 ............................. 725 ................ 559 ............... 832
    Wah!
    $832psf!
    Why so high?

Good Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Wah!
    $832psf!
    Why so high?
    That's because TQ have plenty of selling points; next to MRT, 24 hrs NTUC, Kopitiam, Good layout, many extra carpark lots, Clean and neat New Town, TOP soon.

Sniper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ new owner
    Right. Pool facing. Low floor. $75X after discount. Before discount is $8XX. Thus Livia is actually lower costs. But Kovan residence will be more ex than TQ. But back to the old answers, both development are still far from TOP thus striking off my lists.

If you consider buying Livia, you should also consider Ris Grandeur.
    Eventhough it's slightly further from MRT, I would say it's cheap considering its FREEHOLD status.

I myself just realise this Ris Grandeur project after viewing Livia show flat.
    I initially thought Livia is a good buy but I am now consider Ris Grandeur is even better as it is FREEHOLD.

I think it's very rare to find high rise condo with freehold status, many freehold projects are low rise.
    What's more it's ready unit and just 2 years old.

consistent Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Wah!
    $832psf!
    Why so high?
    or should it be $725 psf? for the ghost month, such sales achievement is encouraging.

Median price Guest

Quote Originally Posted by consistent
    or should it be $725 psf? for the ghost month, such sales achievement is encouraging.
    $725 is the median price of TQ for the month of August.

subsale Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Median price
    $725 is the median price of TQ for the month of August.
    sub-sale now for TQ high floor only $630... im waiting to get at $600

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by subsale
    we certainly look forward to welcoming you as a TQ owner soon.

Quote Originally Posted by subsale
    Well, if you can get at $600 psf, than that will be a good buy for TQ. Anyway you got the right choice.