View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Blk53 Unit 05 Guest

Default Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    How big is the floor area 110?? When did you purchase? How much u paid?
    wondering what is the take up rate for The Quartz till date?

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

If you are buying to stay, then take-up rate is not important. My fren lived in a 99 years leasehold condo in Tg Rhu locality where the take-up rate is not high. But he's enjoying his stay there as the common facilities such as pool, gym, bbq, tennis court are not crowded and hence became exclusive. He's not worried as the developer will still need to pay for their share of monthly maintenance for all unsold units. Hence likewise since I'm buying to stay, low take-up rate don't bother me. Infact, I'll prefer that The Quartz could TOP with 60% sold, hence only (60% X 621) 372 instead of 621 households would share the common facility for a start. Subsequently, the developer could slowly sell the rest.

Unregistered Guest

If you are buying to stay, then take-up rate is not important. My fren lived in a 99 years leasehold condo in Tg Rhu locality where the take-up rate is not high. But he's enjoying his stay there as the common facilities such as pool, gym, bbq, tennis court are not crowded and hence became exclusive. He's not worried as the developer will still need to pay for their share of monthly maintenance for all unsold units. Hence likewise since I'm buying to stay, low take-up rate don't bother me. Infact, I'll prefer that The Quartz could TOP with 60% sold, hence only (60% X 621) 372 instead of 621 households would share the common facility for a start. Subsequently, the developer could slowly sell the rest.
    your friend lives in Sanctuary Green? it fits your description.

Des Guest

How big is the floor area 110?? When did you purchase? How much u paid?
    113sqm...$564k...during pre-launch in May-06

Go take a look at the show flat...it's worth the value....i think only 2~3 units left for this design layout.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Des
    113sqm...$564k...during pre-launch in May-06

Go take a look at the show flat...it's worth the value....i think only 2~3 units left for this design layout.
    Seems like a good buy? is it pool view or tennis view? which floor?

Unregistered Guest

if takeup rate poor, Developer will "laylong" the balanced units, hence, value of The Quartz will drop......???

Des Guest

Seems like a good buy? is it pool view or tennis view? which floor?
    unit facing HDB....masterroom bath facing open plot of land...not obstructed.

snoopy Guest

wonder why there's no marble flooring??

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    wonder why there's no marble flooring??
    now marble flooring not in trend plus hard to maintain

Unregistered Guest

but evaluation of the unit will become lower for unit w/o marble flooring.

Unregistered Guest

but evaluation of the unit will become lower for unit w/o marble flooring.
    By how much???

Unregistered Guest

dont think people who purchase a unit here is for investment, more of a long term stay. So doesn't really bother if valuation up or low cos of marble flooring

Unregistered Guest

Put in marble flooring yourself cheap cheap nia... from $3 to $7 psf nia depending on quality...

This marble floor is not an issue for me.

Unregistered Guest

Anyone know what's the latest pricing? Up or down? Anymore 3+1 study left? Am eyeing for unit 33 (Best 3 + 1) and wonder if its been release and at what pricing? Hopwe within my budget.

Unregistered Guest

Anyone know what's the latest pricing? Up or down? Anymore 3+1 study left? Am eyeing for unit 33 (Best 3 + 1) and wonder if its been release and at what pricing? Hopwe within my budget.
    What is ur budget? Think there should be 3+1 but not sure if its launched

Unregistered Guest

What is ur budget? Think there should be 3+1 but not sure if its launched
    Budget is +/- $650K (approx. $480 to $500 psf - reasonable price I think). Would like the 3 + 1 size and don't mind to trade-off for lower floor to maintain the budget.

Unregistered Guest

Cant really remember what's the pricing like, but I know there's someone that bought unit 19 for more than $650K, not facing pool, so if yours faces the pool, will be much more ex..

hdb facing Guest

If you get the HDB facing one, can get for under $500psf? I may be outdated, as I last looked at the prices about one month ago.

Unregistered Guest

Thks for feedback. Will go down to showflat this weekend and hopefully get a good bargain. I realised that there's quite a big PLANTER area in the living room. Wonder if we can use/convert it to balcony. Only worry is that the parapuet wall might be too low, hence dangerous for kids playing there.

Unregistered Guest

Thks for feedback. Will go down to showflat this weekend and hopefully get a good bargain. I realised that there's quite a big PLANTER area in the living room. Wonder if we can use/convert it to balcony. Only worry is that the parapuet wall might be too low, hence dangerous for kids playing there.
    huh? The balcony is the planter...well, we can't do anything to change the structure of the building..or maybe should say the outlook of the building.
    Is unit 33 release for sale already?

Unregistered Guest

You mean for the unit you interested in or in general the planter is big? and what is the parapuet wall you mention? I thought the planter area is shield by the transparent glass?

Unregistered Guest

You mean for the unit you interested in or in general the planter is big? and what is the parapuet wall you mention? I thought the planter area is shield by the transparent glass?
    The "parapuet wall" I'm refering to could be a "transparent glass" type as seen in the brochure. I didn't confirm with the developer on the actual type and height of the "parapuet wall" that they providing. Do you know? I think in general, the planter looks quite big and to me its wasted space which I have to pay if its used solely for planter. Problem is I don't really know how to appreciate planter like some of you do.

Unregistered Guest

The "parapuet wall" I'm refering to could be a "transparent glass" type as seen in the brochure. I didn't confirm with the developer on the actual type and height of the "parapuet wall" that they providing. Do you know? I think in general, the planter looks quite big and to me its wasted space which I have to pay if its used solely for planter. Problem is I don't really know how to appreciate planter like some of you do.
    OIC actually I intend to use that as a balcony, but not sure if its big enough...hopefully can put at least one chair there

Unregistered Guest

Latest sellthru from URA website
    Total Units available : 625
    Total Release till Feb 07: 320
    Total Units Sold as at Feb 07: 189

Unregistered Guest

Noted that there's a buddhist temple that's a stonethrow away from The Quartz. Last Sunday morning saw jampack with many cars parking along the roads. Will this have a very negative impact on the condo? No wonder sales not that good, ie. only 189 sold (out of 625 units in development). Just comparing with other 99 leasehold takeup rate, eg. The Raintree, Centris, etc.

Unregistered Guest

I guess many have not seen the potential of this area. When news release build of shopping malls or other areas, then people will want to buy this area, by then, price already increase.

Unregistered Guest

I guess many have not seen the potential of this area. When news release build of shopping malls or other areas, then people will want to buy this area, by then, price already increase.
    Of course I see the potential of this area. I would buy this area. But I won't buy condo. I would buy a HDB flat.

IMO, the only difference between the Buangkok HDB and The Quartz is the pool, tennis, and security guard.

Otherwise, no difference. In fact Buangkok HDB looks like condo, with floor to ceiling windows.

Unregistered Guest

Of course I see the potential of this area. I would buy this area. But I won't buy condo. I would buy a HDB flat.

IMO, the only difference between the Buangkok HDB and The Quartz is the pool, tennis, and security guard.

Otherwise, no difference. In fact Buangkok HDB looks like condo, with floor to ceiling windows.
    Resales value of a condo and HDB will be diff.

Unregistered Guest

Noted that there's a buddhist temple that's a stonethrow away from The Quartz. Last Sunday morning saw jampack with many cars parking along the roads. Will this have a very negative impact on the condo? No wonder sales not that good, ie. only 189 sold (out of 625 units in development). Just comparing with other 99 leasehold takeup rate, eg. The Raintree, Centris, etc.
    Poor response is due to lack of A&P + TOP around mid 2010, still long way to go......once is near TOP , developer will pump in marketing effort to push sales.

Unregistered Guest

I do agree that the HDB at Buangkok looks great. It all depends on what individual wants. If you want convenience of facilities, then go for condo. But if you dont need it, then of course HDB will be sufficient.

Nowadays, resale prices are dropping, unlike the past where people hope to make money out of reasale for HDB or condo. This is true only if the condo or HDB near city, else difficult.

Guess most of the people who purchase this property are for own stay and for facilities and of course convenience to MRT

Maybe a big shopping mall will come along as more people move into this estate, when some developer finally realise that one is needed at this area.