View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 49 of 123 FirstFirst ... 192429343944454647484950515253545964697479 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

SIA Guest

Default Window

Hi,

anyone have idea how to make the window safe without installing windows grille? Those HDB type windows grille do not look nice. I have young children.

Quote Originally Posted by SIA
    Hi,

anyone have idea how to make the window safe without installing windows grille? Those HDB type windows grille do not look nice. I have young children.
    I don't think there are any choices except either to lock up the glass door or install a low gate (high enough to prevent children to climb over) which you can buy from IKEA.

Any steel gate provided for the main entrance?

SIA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    I don't think there are any choices except either to lock up the glass door or install a low gate (high enough to prevent children to climb over) which you can buy from IKEA.
    Thanks. Actually I am referring to the windows in the 3 br rather than the planter. if I remember correctly, TQ has a low bay windows. And without installing any window grille, I think any young children can climb up to the windows easily.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Any steel gate provided for the main entrance?
    I was told no gate provided, you can fix 1 if you need. My agent even suggest to me to build a shoe rack since there is some area from the door.

Unregistered2 Guest

Thanks. Actually I am referring to the windows in the 3 br rather than the planter. if I remember correctly, TQ has a low bay windows. And without installing any window grille, I think any young children can climb up to the windows easily.
    check with renovation contractors on the possibility of having a lock to your windows that could not be removed unless with a key or by unhinging something.

ms'integra Guest

hi all

anybody knows whens the TOP date? saw fr gucco web, it states 2010.

some agents mentioned that it will be ready by 1st quarter 09. but fr wat i c, its not progressing much. i do chk out its progress every mth. but seems little changes made.

Balcony Guest

Default Conversion of Planters

Just to confirm, is the conversion of planter to balcony legal? cos read from URA July Circular that owner needs to pay for the GFA.

No choice lor, since cannot install window grille, either have to lock the window and most important to educate the young children the danger of climbing up the window.

Default Conversion of planter to Balcony

Quote Originally Posted by Balcony
    Just to confirm, is the conversion of planter to balcony legal? cos read from URA July Circular that owner needs to pay for the GFA.
    Some developer do not allow that. But I had checked with the TQ agent and they said install some type of wooden plank is OK. But to lay cement on the planter is not allowed.

Some developer do not allow that. But I had checked with the TQ agent and they said install some type of wooden plank is OK. But to lay cement on the planter is not allowed.
    canot put cement??? then what is on the planter? soil?

Unregistered2 Guest

I cant believe how stupid you are!!!!
    You have absolutely no common sense!

It is a planter, not a balcony.
    Adding more weight adds to the stress to the structure.
    The specifications may not allow for such a additional weight.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    I cant believe how stupid you are!!!!
    You have absolutely no common sense!

It is a planter, not a balcony.
    Adding more weight adds to the stress to the structure.
    The specifications may not allow for such a additional weight.
    er... this Unregistered2 (in the quote) is not the Unregistered2 who responded to kennt. possibly have to change username to avoid the conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    er... this Unregistered2 (in the quote) is not the Unregistered2 who responded to kennt. possibly have to change username to avoid the conflict
    Unregistered2, please register to this forum and give yourself a nick. Thanks.

Default Balcony

Planter (as the word describe) is for you to put plants onto it. Some owners may not want to use it as a planter but as an "improvise balcony".

For bigger development like TQ, laying cement to convert it to a balcony is not allowed as it will add additional weights to the structure of the building. However, installing wooden plank is OK.

Hope you have some ideas now.

TQorLivia Guest

Planter (as the word describe) is for you to put plants onto it. Some owners may not want to use it as a planter but as an "improvise balcony".

For bigger development like TQ, laying cement to convert it to a balcony is not allowed as it will add additional weights to the structure of the building. However, installing wooden plank is OK.

Hope you have some ideas now.
    TQ or Livia, same price, which one is better?

heart Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQorLivia
    you should ask yourself: which suits your needs better. no one can answer that question except you. go where your heart is...

May I ask you if Nokia and Sony Ericsson both come up with a hp model equal in functions and price which one would you buy? I am sure nobody can give you the right answer except yourself.

1st of all, are you currently staying anywhere near the east/northeast?

If yes, you should all the more be certain whether it is TQ or Livia. If not, I suggest you and your family take some time to go to both locations and look around. Of course, I believe that both locations convienient, with full facilities and nice people.

If you ask people like me, TQ1 or Kennt in this thread, the obvious answer is TQ. LOL!

So good luck and may you make the right decision.

Kopi

TQ new owner Guest

For me, earlier TOP is my first priority. If price drop in the next 1 year, at least to pay the current price, I get to enjoy the condo facilities first. As for Livia, TOP will be much later. So if price go down, it will be really heart pain. Pay higher and yet have not moved in to enjoy the facilities...

Unregistered3333 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ new owner
    For me, earlier TOP is my first priority. If price drop in the next 1 year, at least to pay the current price, I get to enjoy the condo facilities first. As for Livia, TOP will be much later. So if price go down, it will be really heart pain. Pay higher and yet have not moved in to enjoy the facilities...
    Agreed! which block you bought? at what price?

TQ new owner Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3333
    Agreed! which block you bought? at what price?
    Initally thinking of stack 63, end up buying stack 69. PSF after discount is around $700+PSF. Actually more expensive than Livia. Same questions applied on whether you prefer East or North East? To me, I like North east. Then another important factor is the earlier TOP.

Initally thinking of stack 63, end up buying stack 69. PSF after discount is around $700+PSF. Actually more expensive than Livia. Same questions applied on whether you prefer East or North East? To me, I like North east. Then another important factor is the earlier TOP.
    Hey, the unit you bought at stack 69, is it facing the pool? High or low floor? $700+ after discount - so you mean you bought from developer directly? Thanks in advance for your answers

TQTQ Guest

facing swiming pool? $700+ is before the rebate right?

TQ new owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stack 15
    Hey, the unit you bought at stack 69, is it facing the pool? High or low floor? $700+ after discount - so you mean you bought from developer directly? Thanks in advance for your answers
    Right. Pool facing. Low floor. $75X after discount. Before discount is $8XX. Thus Livia is actually lower costs. But Kovan residence will be more ex than TQ. But back to the old answers, both development are still far from TOP thus striking off my lists.

Right. Pool facing. Low floor. $75X after discount. Before discount is $8XX. Thus Livia is actually lower costs. But Kovan residence will be more ex than TQ. But back to the old answers, both development are still far from TOP thus striking off my lists.
    Thanks TQ new owner.

Yes TOP Q109 is definitely the plus point for TQ. Did you just bought it recently? and was it directly from developer? Planning to go to the showroom this weekend

TQ new owner Guest

Thanks TQ new owner.

Yes TOP Q109 is definitely the plus point for TQ. Did you just bought it recently? and was it directly from developer? Planning to go to the showroom this weekend

Yes. Just recently from developer. Not planning to go to the show room as already bought liao. Maybe toward end of this year, may drop by to see the construction after painting done.

Smile

Yes. Just recently from developer. Not planning to go to the show room as already bought liao. Maybe toward end of this year, may drop by to see the construction after painting done.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Will try to take some pics

TQ new owner Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. Will try to take some pics
    Thanks in advance for the pics.
    Yours also pool view right? When did you buy? I think you should be sitting with alot of paper gain right now? Cheers.

Unregistered11223 Guest

your low floor is how low? $75X is quite good price.

Thanks in advance for the pics.
    Yours also pool view right? When did you buy? I think you should be sitting with alot of paper gain right now? Cheers.
    yes mine is also pool view - bought about 2yrs ago at $6XX psf...yes paper gain but our main objective is to move in! no intention of selling as we really like the location and convenience of MRT and now the NTUC and Kopitiam!