View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 152025303540414243444546474849505560657075 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Alan Tam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    For me, as I need to hand over my flat in the next 3 months, will likely need to look for a temporary place (short term rental) for around 6 months.

We will convert one room (smaller one) into a study cum playing (x-box, karaoke) room.

We will install wood plank (must be heavy duty type) on the planter. One end of the planter, we will install a mini water fountain.

As for the bed room, will likely custom design the bed that can stretch all the way to the edge of the bay window to maximise the space. A little deco will also be done by the bay window.
    Finally, TV console in the sitting room.
    Still in the process of getting more ideas.
    May I ask why are you selling your HDB so early before the TQ TOP. Seem like the prices still going up recently. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TQ63
    Sure.... Easier for me to clean the house..
    Lucky you Icekopi

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    anyone getting ID to do up their new home?

kennt, i suppose we are all different TQ owners, not one person with a few names.
    okie....I urge you to register. People might use your ID to post rubbish

For me, as I need to hand over my flat in the next 3 months, will likely need to look for a temporary place (short term rental) for around 6 months.

We will convert one room (smaller one) into a study cum playing (x-box, karaoke) room.

We will install wood plank (must be heavy duty type) on the planter. One end of the planter, we will install a mini water fountain.

As for the bed room, will likely custom design the bed that can stretch all the way to the edge of the bay window to maximise the space. A little deco will also be done by the bay window.

Finally, TV console in the sitting room.

Still in the process of getting more ideas.
    Do you mean this for planter?

aedes Guest

is it fully sealed? thought it was illegal? How does it not trap water and promote denggi?

Unregistered2 Guest

is it possible to tile up the planter area?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tam
    May I ask why are you selling your HDB so early before the TQ TOP. Seem like the prices still going up recently. Thanks
    Initally, I was just intended to let my agent had more time to market my flat. But I think due to the HDB price going up strongly, buyer had agreed to pay me a good COV and my preferred price. That was why I decided to sell my flat as I got no intention to hold the flat upon TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by aedes
    is it fully sealed? thought it was illegal? How does it not trap water and promote denggi?

Yes. I already checked with the agent, they said that it is OK to put wooden plank but not cements (as it will add on alot of weight to the planter which was not meant to convert it into a balcony). But of course the wooden plank must be heavy duty type to withstand rain water and shines.

Quote Originally Posted by kennt

Yes. Something like that will be nice.

Lucky you Icekopi
    Thanks kennt but I think I do more housework than her! lol!

Anyway, really and I mean really looking forward to next year.

searching Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Thanks kennt but I think I do more housework than her! lol!

Anyway, really and I mean really looking forward to next year.
    How can I check the resale or subsale or TQ? with agent or developer?

Quote Originally Posted by searching
    How can I check the resale or subsale or TQ? with agent or developer?
    For TQ, you can always call/drop by the showflat to enquire.

You can search for Guocoland Singapore website under Residential, The Quartz and you can find their number there.

For resales/sub sales, you should go search those classified ads(normally they have agents and their contacts).

Hope this helps!

Alan Tam Guest

Yes. I already checked with the agent, they said that it is OK to put wooden plank but not cements (as it will add on alot of weight to the planter which was not meant to convert it into a balcony). But of course the wooden plank must be heavy duty type to withstand rain water and shines.
    Did you also check with the authority and developer whether will it trap water underneath the wooden plank? We do not want TQ to end up as dengue zone and everyone of us get sick. Please ensure this, very very important.

Alan Tam Guest

I think this wooden plank may breed termite. Is ther any other better idea to cover the planter?

Default Planter box conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tam
    Did you also check with the authority and developer whether will it trap water underneath the wooden plank? We do not want TQ to end up as dengue zone and everyone of us get sick. Please ensure this, very very important.
    Yes. Of course we have to ensure the contractor of a certain approved type of wood materials that are suitable for outdoor as the planter box are subjected to rain and shines.

Hope the authority will have some standard policy for owners who will like to do the above conversion.

Default Progress of the TQ as at Aug 2008

Here are the pictures taken last weekend from my camera phone. I promise better resolution next time when i bring my camera. Enjoy!

Last edited by kennt; 04-08-08 at 22:43.

Default Shops at Buangkok MRT

Hi Kennt, thanks for the pictures. It is nice of you to keep everyone update on the construction progress and also the activities at the Buangkok MRT.

Thanks Kennt for posting the lovely pics. As I am currently staying pretty far away, it is not possible for me to check the status regularly. Good to see your pics here. Thanks very much!

Hi Kennt, thanks for the pictures. It is nice of you to keep everyone update on the construction progress and also the activities at the Buangkok MRT.
    Quote Originally Posted by stack 15
    Thanks Kennt for posting the lovely pics. As I am currently staying pretty far away, it is not possible for me to check the status regularly. Good to see your pics here. Thanks very much!
    My pleasure! I shall update this more frequently. Actually I wanted to access the restricted area (near the site office) to take some on the pool and clubhouse area...but damm...the gate was close when I was there . Will try to do it next time.

Unregistered2 Guest

thanks kennt for the photos. just one little question: saw a circular platform atop the building for your first photo, may i know what is that? didn't notice that previously.

thanks kennt for the photos. just one little question: saw a circular platform atop the building for your first photo, may i know what is that? didn't notice that previously.
    Good question....initially thought that is the Secret Garden but I believe that stack doesn't have any garden. Maybe Penthouse? Anyone here knows

Good question....initially thought that is the Secret Garden but I believe that stack doesn't have any garden. Maybe Penthouse? Anyone here knows
    To me, it looks like to link-way between the two blocks for the owners of the penthouses.

Hi all,

I was previously unregistered 2009.

I have registered myself and this is my new nick "The Truthful One".

Hey, I am interested in the wooden planks... Anyone know of good and reliable contractors? I am also worried about dengue... have small children at home.

Default Planter box

Quote Originally Posted by The Truthful One
    Hi all,

I was previously unregistered 2009.

I have registered myself and this is my new nick "The Truthful One".

Hey, I am interested in the wooden planks... Anyone know of good and reliable contractors? I am also worried about dengue... have small children at home.
    Welcome "The Truthful One" aka "unregistered2009". Read from the other forum mentioning installing chengai wood on the side of the Koi pond. According to them, chengai wood is very heavy duty suitable for installing it outdoor even for Koi fish pond. Thus it may be good to install it at the planter box. Think have to consult the contractor on how to waterproof the surface and not allowing rain water to seep through to prevent dengue.

Unregistered2 Guest

To me, it looks like to link-way between the two blocks for the owners of the penthouses.
    is this link-way for every 2 blocks or only certain blocks? but why would they want to link the owners of the penthouses? strange.

Hi all,

From what I understand when I was at the showflat, TQ has no penthouse. If you are talking about the semicircle like ajoining the two blocks. They belong to the 2 units on the 19th floor. The layout for that 2 units seem to be a little different form the norm.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Icekopi
    Hi all,

From what I understand when I was at the showflat, TQ has no penthouse. If you are talking about the semicircle like ajoining the two blocks. They belong to the 2 units on the 19th floor. The layout for that 2 units seem to be a little different form the norm.
    hope it is something for TQ owners in general, perhaps a linkway to all blocks on this side of the condo or something like that.

whatever it is, it actually enhances the overall architecture of TQ, not too sure if the rest feels the same?

hope it is something for TQ owners in general, perhaps a linkway to all blocks on this side of the condo or something like that.

whatever it is, it actually enhances the overall architecture of TQ, not too sure if the rest feels the same?
    Hi,

I was trying to say that that part of the architecture(that semicircle) belongs to that 2 units that it is joined to. It could be their hall or room.
    Think you will understand more if you are able to see the floor plan.

dunno Guest

I love the MRT and 24 hr NTUC there.

The only thing is, dunno whether will feel lugi or not, as all the HDB there also very nice, look like condo, and they paid only a fraction of TQ price....