View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 40 of 123 FirstFirst ... 101520253035363738394041424344455055606570 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

clover lover Guest

Does TQ have tennis court? Very important. A new condo project like dakota doesn't even have a tennis court.

TQ new owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clover lover
    Does TQ have tennis court? Very important. A new condo project like dakota doesn't even have a tennis court.
    Yes, TQ has a tennis court..

Livia Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ new owner
    Yes. You are right. The awareness of TQ is rather low. Last week, at the Bishan Clover show flat, I was very surprised that even a property agent had not even heard of TQ. I need to tell her that it was a condo somewhere near Buangkok MRT. Are quite sure that if the potential buyer know about TQ and start doing the comparison, they will find that it was very much costs efficient as compare with Livia, Kovan residences and Clover. (I had just bought a unit very recently) I think Guocoland marketing should make some efforts to market the project if they want to take the opportunity to ride this small mass market property "BULL".

I am comparing TQ and Livia, I think overall Livia is better.
    Not only is it near to MRT, but also bus station and big shopping mall (TQ only has very few small shops).
    The price is even cheaper at around 650 psf as compared to TQ at around 700 psf.

The only drawback for Livia is that we need to wait longer for the TOP.

Freehold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Livia Lover
    Not only is it near to MRT, but also bus station and big shopping mall (TQ only has very few small shops).
    The price is even cheaper at around 650 psf as compared to TQ at around 700 psf.

Both TQ and Livia are just 99 years leasehold.
    Go and check newspaper ads and you will find many new freehold projects just being launched nearby Boon Keng, Telok Kurau, etc.

They are not near to MRT, but it will surely give you better peace of mind knowing the price will not erode with time.

Freehold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by desperation
    That is correct. That is why the Bayshores and Mandarin Gardens are always fighting about enbloc - because some of them jolly well know if they miss this enbloc window, they won't know when is the next window, and as the property ages, their bargaining power will decline significantly. Imagine the day you only have 10 year lease left, who will buy from you at the current price? Whoever who buy the property from you will only pay for the 10 years remaining lease, which would be a significant discount to today's price - the value would be 10 years of rental paid upfront - not much.

And for every one person who gets enbloced, there are 10,000 others who didn't. And 99 years is not a long time - there is probably only 5 enbloc fever windows in this period to get rid of your 99 years property. It would be interesting if some properties who didn't get enbloced come close to 99 years. I can imagine the desperation of the owners...

Sorry you're wrong brother, no need to come close 99 yrs, the actual desperation actually starts 10-15 years after TOP.

That's when many owners will "test the water" by trying to resell at same or higher price but NO ONE ACTUALLY TAKE THE BAIT.

TQ new owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Livia Lover

Yes. Early TOP is my top priority now. And also I prefer north east rather than the east area.

D15 and D19 condo owner Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Confuse Buyer
    I wanted to buy TQ but after scanning property ads in newspaper, I just realise that there are many freehold units in East Coast/Tanjong Katong area are selling around the same price (800K).

So I kind of a back out a bit now.

Are they not a good location?
    Sorry I am not so familiar with East Coast area yet...so I would appreciate any opinions.
    At around 800K, you can only be looking 2 bedder or smaller boutique unit at the east coast.

But at 800K, you can definitely get a quite decent 3 bedder at TQ.

Quote Originally Posted by clover lover
    Hi all,

TQ have 2 tennis courts, 1 basketball pratice court, sky gym, BBQ pits and swimming pools.

There are a total of 9 blocks total 625 units. They have 688 carpark lots altogether.

I can see a lot of ppl here talking about 99yrs leasehold and freehold, comparing condos in Pasir Ris, East Coast and Kovan.

Of course, potential buyers will have to think of the pros and cons b4 commiting. For those who have been staying in the Northeast area I believe that most will take a liking to TQ almost immediately.

Personally, I just sold my 5-rm HDB in Punggol recently and was looking around till I went to the showflat. It did not take me long to decide and purchased a unit. I am never goona pay HDB the 45k levy for goodness!
    I used the $ to pay the 5% downpaynent instead.

Another catch will be that TQ will TOP by late 1st or early 2nd quarter 2009.

Unregistered111 Guest

Was at TQ showroom yesterday. Am I impressed with, well, not TQ's design, but the HDB's design next to it!! I think TQ looks a little dated compared to the HDB!

Anyway, TQ has quite a few NS facing units this release should be quite popular......

damn! those HDB were impressive! Sorry, I cannot help it....

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered111
    Was at TQ showroom yesterday. Am I impressed with, well, not TQ's design, but the HDB's design next to it!! I think TQ looks a little dated compared to the HDB!

Anyway, TQ has quite a few NS facing units this release should be quite popular......

Surreounded by nice HDB is much better than surrounded by wululu HDB.

pool view Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D15 and D19 condo owner
    Surreounded by nice HDB is much better than surrounded by wululu HDB.
    Ya, I think the surrounding is better then Clover. It has the cornor land by itself and the pools is exclusive to the TQ owners. Clover some how share the pool view with the surrounded HDB owners, quite funny feeling.

TQ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ManOnEarth
    What? leasehold or freehold doesn't matter?
    Common man...let's not pretend it doesn't matter.
    Of course it does matter, the value of freehold property will not decline with time.
    The price will go on tendem with the upturn or downturn due to circumstances. Do you mean that freehold will be to immune to all? I agree with you that leashold will decline in time but my pint here is leasehold near to MRT is a different ballgame.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered111

true, the hdb there is impressive, but like alll mass condos, it will be a different story when it is fully built up and you are given an opportunity to tour inside.

Unregistered8 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TQ
    The price will go on tendem with the upturn or downturn due to circumstances. Do you mean that freehold will be to immune to all? I agree with you that leashold will decline in time but my pint here is leasehold near to MRT is a different ballgame.
    I feel TQ is nice for staying if your work place is town or near MRT stations. but if i had a unit there, i'll probably stay for 5 or max 10 years and try to sell it since it is lease hold. also for me if value retention is important eg. pass on to kid, then i'll look for one that's at 999 year lh or freehold.....

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered8
    I feel TQ is nice for staying if your work place is town or near MRT stations. but if i had a unit there, i'll probably stay for 5 or max 10 years and try to sell it since it is lease hold. also for me if value retention is important eg. pass on to kid, then i'll look for one that's at 999 year lh or freehold.....
    To me, proximity to the MRT is very important as it is linked to almost any part of singapore unlike the bus system. So long as we are near to any MRT stations, we can get home easily. This will increase rental yields too.

Unregistered8 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    To me, proximity to the MRT is very important as it is linked to almost any part of singapore unlike the bus system. So long as we are near to any MRT stations, we can get home easily. This will increase rental yields too.
    i cannot disagree it will be good for rental. But for long term staying, I beg to differ.

i cannot disagree it will be good for rental. But for long term staying, I beg to differ.
    I also have this thinking of selling off after a few years of staying. Then maybe buy another HDB flat to stay for good. But if TQ can fetch good rental yield by then, maybe consider to rent it out to generate some retirement fund.

??? Guest

You fail math issit? How to last 4 generations? You assume die at 25 years old issit? The point is if you buy when the property has 70 years lease left, and assuming people like until 85, your property lease expires before you die. So at that point, say 70 years lease left - the value will drop drastically because it CANNOT even last one lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz Watch
    Hullo....why talk abt 99 years or free hold..important is whether you like or dislike..99 years can last you 4 generations...by that time, all the design of buildings will be so futuristic, all those FH units will be grossly outdated and will be kind of like living in the old age if you do not tear them down and rebuild.

Stan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freehold
    Both TQ and Livia are just 99 years leasehold.
    Go and check newspaper ads and you will find many new freehold projects just being launched nearby Boon Keng, Telok Kurau, etc.

They are not near to MRT, but it will surely give you better peace of mind knowing the price will not erode with time.

I don't agree with you. Leasehold and freehold price will still depend on market condition. Property next or near to MRT will command a different depreciation compare those which does not.

TQ1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D15 and D19 condo owner
    I also have this thinking of selling off after a few years of staying. Then maybe buy another HDB flat to stay for good. But if TQ can fetch good rental yield by then, maybe consider to rent it out to generate some retirement fund.
    Can you still buy new HDB if you have a Condo?? And how many of you is intending to keep your exisiting HDB to rent out and stay in TQ? I'm toying the idea now but not confirm. Heard you need a minimum sum of 49K in your CPF before you can hold 2 properties. Anybody can share?

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    Can you still buy new HDB if you have a Condo?? And how many of you is intending to keep your exisiting HDB to rent out and stay in TQ? I'm toying the idea now but not confirm. Heard you need a minimum sum of 49K in your CPF before you can hold 2 properties. Anybody can share?
    No, you can't buy new HDB if you already own a condo. You can only consider resale flat. It may be a good idea to keep your current HDB for rental if you have enough CPF. But on the other hand, as you cannot use the sales of your current HBD , the TQ loan will be much higher. Furthermore, you need to maintain the minimum sum in your CPF. (A combination of your SA and OA)

Unregistered1 Guest

Livia's 8 mins walk to MRT sure bor? Remember the actual site is the other end of the showflat. Seems very far leh....whereas TQ is only opposite. I'm giving Livia a miss for now.

Any idea if stack 29, 30, 31 launched? I'm looking for a 4BR unit.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    Livia's 8 mins walk to MRT sure bor? Remember the actual site is the other end of the showflat. Seems very far leh....whereas TQ is only opposite. I'm giving Livia a miss for now.

You will have to take a really brisk walk to make it 8 minutes to MRT for Livia.

Unregistered2 Guest

no one can tell if a place is for long term staying until you stay there. so far, TQ owners seem like a pleasant lot, judging from their responses here. anyway, let's not look too far for now. you won't know what will happen tomorrow.

Pty hunt Guest

Default TQ any 4BR?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1

I thought TQ only have 3 and 3+1. Don't know it also have a 4BR. See any TQ agent in this forum can advise when will it be launching the 4BR. Very interested in LIVIA 4BR but will still prefer the north east area.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pty hunt
    I thought TQ only have 3 and 3+1. Don't know it also have a 4BR. See any TQ agent in this forum can advise when will it be launching the 4BR. Very interested in LIVIA 4BR but will still prefer the north east area.
    I think 29, 30 and 31 is ground level unit with it's own small garden area. The site plan I saw is rather big, so I thought I would have 4BR. Anyway, any agent here can advise?

stack 53 Guest

I just brought a unit in stack 53 for $629 psf . I brought it under subsale .Your purchase price of $460 psf is very very cheap . Is your unit brought during yr 2006 and it is in high floor?

TQ stack 61 Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stack 53
    I just brought a unit in stack 53 for $629 psf . I brought it under subsale .Your purchase price of $460 psf is very very cheap . Is your unit brought during yr 2006 and it is in high floor?
    I think those who purchased at $460 must be very early or during the initial soft launch. For my unit facing the tennis court, I bought early last year at around $520PSF. I think based on current mass market pricing your $629 should be a vey good buy. Congrats and welcome to TQ

Unregistered7 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pty hunt
    I prefer the NE as well but bought a 4 bedroom in Livia as the price of the 4 bedroom is similar to the 3+1 in TQ. I would say faciliaties are comparable but for Livia, u have to walk longer distance to reach MRT.

One other reason for choosing Livia is the closeness to Pasir Park which is accesible by bikes from the park connector

pty hunt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered7
    I prefer the NE as well but bought a 4 bedroom in Livia as the price of the 4 bedroom is similar to the 3+1 in TQ. I would say faciliaties are comparable but for Livia, u have to walk longer distance to reach MRT.

One other reason for choosing Livia is the closeness to Pasir Park which is accesible by bikes from the park connector

Really? If I am not wrong, TQ 3+1 is over 1mil. Livia 4BR should way above 1mil right?