View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 83889398103108109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by kitz
    Ya, u wanna join us? Guess it will be an honour to see u there Rapist!!!
    Ya... Join us at Sentosa Underwater World. And don't worry..... We are all nice ppl..... Won't hammer you......

Default 2 unsold units left over by developer

I was at the showroom a few times in the past 2 weeks. Was told that only 2 units left unsold. #18-33 and #17-33 at Blk 33. The one at #17-33 had got a roof top terrace priced at $998K. the other one is at $956K. the former is at 1602 sq ft and the latter is at 1367sq ft.

I realise both face north south accept for the living hall facing west sun. The #17-33 is really a rare unit and only one in the whole of QUARTZ.

Can anyone advise if this unit is a good buy for the price with the west sun on the living hall?

Default 17-33

Hi,

I bought a unit in the same stack. If price is not an issue to you..I think the 17F unit is a lovely unit. Love the balcony...the space. I think it is lovely to be sitting out there watching the stars. 17F would be very breezy.

As for the west sun..personally, I dont think it is an issue because it is not affecting the bed rooms. On the other hand, it all depends on your lifestyle.

Cheers

The afternoon sun will only be around 2-3pm..after that sun set will be blocked by the other stacks..
    The selling point of TQ, I would think is the convenience of MRT and the 24hr coffee shop & NTUC.
    To be frank, if I had $900K+, I will go and purchase a freehold somewhere in the East This is my personal preference.
    But if you really like this place, just buy it..cos this is the home you will be staying in for long time..you must buy something you like most...
    I have bought a unit in TQ

Quote Originally Posted by marshallwan
    I was at the showroom a few times in the past 2 weeks. Was told that only 2 units left unsold. #18-33 and #17-33 at Blk 33. The one at #17-33 had got a roof top terrace priced at $998K. the other one is at $956K. the former is at 1602 sq ft and the latter is at 1367sq ft.

I realise both face north south accept for the living hall facing west sun. The #17-33 is really a rare unit and only one in the whole of QUARTZ.

Can anyone advise if this unit is a good buy for the price with the west sun on the living hall?
    Hi

I was also looking at this unit until i realise it gets the west sun.

At 17th floor, I dont think other blocks will help to block out the west sun. It is simply too high. What is your concept regarding the rooftop terrace?
    It will also get the west sun so you have to think carefully what is acceptable to you.

And I also think the 3rd bedroom will get the west sun.
    From personal experience, if you get the west sun, it is really hot.

Since it is going to TOP soon, why not wait till it is completed then judge for yourself? Maybe wont be that bad, but you have to take the risk it might be bought by others.

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by coburn
    Hi

I was also looking at this unit until i realise it gets the west sun.

At 17th floor, I dont think other blocks will help to block out the west sun. It is simply too high. What is your concept regarding the rooftop terrace?
    It will also get the west sun so you have to think carefully what is acceptable to you.

And I also think the 3rd bedroom will get the west sun.
    From personal experience, if you get the west sun, it is really hot.

Since it is going to TOP soon, why not wait till it is completed then judge for yourself? Maybe wont be that bad, but you have to take the risk it might be bought by others.

just my 2 cents
    I have to agree with Coburn, it will get the west sun as I drive pass this place to and fro work everyday. 17th and 18th will not escape the west sun. I was initially looking at stack 33 as I need the bigger space but have to give up due to the west sun. Hence have to settle for a sub-sales unit at stack 19 since it is the next bigger unit at 1367sqft.

Thank for the feedback from all those who responded to my earlier call for opinion. It appeared that to each his own and very subjective. There is always the conception that the higher floor is windy. It is also facing north south if you look at the orientation and yet west is also hitting at the same time. Hence the convergence of the wind from the north and the west meet at the center and thus create a neutrality of cool/warm. Just my theory.

I was banking on the roof top terrace as my main stay of my interest. I was told that it was marketed for $1.2 M in the good time. Not too sure if the agent was telling the truth.

I was also prepare to negotiate with them once I am ready to offer. I just want to hear more opinion. The part on the physical viewing whilst on TOP was necessary for me to put the nail beyond the coffin. Hopefully, no one secure the unit before I do that.

I was hoping that some friend here can also help me to see if I could secure a 1367sq ft with patio at the ground floor.

No one is selling this kind under sub-sales.

Please let me know if you come across. Was wondering what is cost of such unit if available?

The roof top terrace of 237 sq ft is considered relatively big. As indicated that there is no unit in TQ having such a design.

If you spend some budget in designing the roof top terrace, it could be very appealing when u are sitting in the living hall looking out to the terrace.

On the flip side, if you are staying on the 18 and 19th floor from other stack, they can see something unqiue on #17-33. this is is more enticing in the nite if the terrace is lighted up. with the live trees dangling from 17th floor, the building up a woodeen roof if installed can made this terrace eye-starring from all other stack.

That is what my dream house is like.

Now is the time to wait for the TOP to allow me to view the unit before I put my $48K or 5% installment to seal the deal.

Just my thought...

Default Collection of Keys - The Quartz

Dear all,

Anyone here can update when we can collect the key from the developer?

The roof top terrace of 237 sq ft is considered relatively big. As indicated that there is no unit in TQ having such a design.

If you spend some budget in designing the roof top terrace, it could be very appealing when u are sitting in the living hall looking out to the terrace.

On the flip side, if you are staying on the 18 and 19th floor from other stack, they can see something unqiue on #17-33. this is is more enticing in the nite if the terrace is lighted up. with the live trees dangling from 17th floor, the building up a woodeen roof if installed can made this terrace eye-starring from all other stack.

Now is the time to wait for the TOP to allow me to view the unit before I put my $48K or 5% installment to seal the deal.

Just my thought...
    If I am not wrong, on the 17th Floor..there is a link to the secret garden. This is an additional space that you can use when you have a party. But you need to confirm this with the developer. It is also unlikely for the other residents to come all the way up to utilize this space. So, I think, it is going to be a very private space for you.

I was one of the last few buyers of this stack...if my unit were not available..I would have taken this unit on the 17F.

At the same time, if you are concern whether for the same amount, you could get a better condo in other parts of Singapore, try using property guru. Typed in your budget and the floor space that you are looking for and you will see a list of condo that are available for your selection.

Happy searching....

Thanks for your feedback. It is a big investment for #17-33. Some have different opinion. I suppose at the end of the day,it is the buyer that need to see how it meet their need.

I did not know there is a secret garden link to the 17th Floor. That was why I was hoping that upon TOP it is still unsold and I can see the visual part of it.

This way there is a peace of mind.

Anyone can advise other unit with sizable pation on the ground floor or high floor for sales. I am more than please to examine if #17-33 is drop my my radar?

Quote Originally Posted by i12mmo2
    If I am not wrong, on the 17th Floor..there is a link to the secret garden. This is an additional space that you can use when you have a party. But you need to confirm this with the developer. It is also unlikely for the other residents to come all the way up to utilize this space. So, I think, it is going to be a very private space for you.

I was one of the last few buyers of this stack...if my unit were not available..I would have taken this unit on the 17F.

At the same time, if you are concern whether for the same amount, you could get a better condo in other parts of Singapore, try using property guru. Typed in your budget and the floor space that you are looking for and you will see a list of condo that are available for your selection.

Happy searching....

The roof top terrace of 237 sq ft is considered relatively big.

Just my thought...
    Hi Marshellwan

It seems you are pretty keen on 17-33.

Like you, I like the idea of having a rooftop terrace.
    Do up a simple shelter and have table bbq eating my fav beef karubi
    Set up a swing and enjoy tea, mooncakes under the stars.
    That's why 17-33 is pretty attractive.

But the west sun is a deal-breaker.
    Living room, bedroom 3 and roof terrace will be very hot and I might not get to enjoy the house the way i envisioned.

Well, hope the unit remains available for you. Maybe the high pricetag will deter buyers and you have a chance to buy when it TOPs.

After hearing so many view, I better drop my dream house for #17-33.

I am still keen to see to the ground floor with bigger patio.

Anyway know of any lobang?

Hi Marshellwan

It seems you are pretty keen on 17-33.

Like you, I like the idea of having a rooftop terrace.
    Do up a simple shelter and have table bbq eating my fav beef karubi
    Set up a swing and enjoy tea, mooncakes under the stars.
    That's why 17-33 is pretty attractive.

But the west sun is a deal-breaker.
    Living room, bedroom 3 and roof terrace will be very hot and I might not get to enjoy the house the way i envisioned.

Well, hope the unit remains available for you. Maybe the high pricetag will deter buyers and you have a chance to buy when it TOPs.

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    I have to agree with Coburn, it will get the west sun as I drive pass this place to and fro work everyday. 17th and 18th will not escape the west sun. I was initially looking at stack 33 as I need the bigger space but have to give up due to the west sun. Hence have to settle for a sub-sales unit at stack 19 since it is the next bigger unit at 1367sqft.
    Hi,
    I've been wanted to get a big unit at TQ but not enough ... so you were the one that offered high enough to get the sub-sales unit at stack 19! ... anyway Congrats!... I can only envy u

By the way, may I know is 3% stamp duty applies to both new condo and resale condo?

Quote Originally Posted by charm
    Hi,
    I've been wanted to get a big unit at TQ but not enough ... so you were the one that offered high enough to get the sub-sales unit at stack 19! ... anyway Congrats!... I can only envy u

By the way, may I know is 3% stamp duty applies to both new condo and resale condo?
    stamp duty applies to seller regardless is new or resale, private or HDB

Hi,

Charm, I am not the only one offering that. In fact, I was 5 hrs earlier as my agent showed me a cheque that has another "potential" buyer who also offers that price.

I dont even know whether is this a good decision or not until today as developer starts dropping prices the very next day after I have confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    Charm, I am not the only one offering that. In fact, I was 5 hrs earlier as my agent showed me a cheque that has another "potential" buyer who also offers that price.

I dont even know whether is this a good decision or not until today as developer starts dropping prices the very next day after I have confirmed.
    Ha..ha...actually, I think many of us shared the same feeling too. Should we have waited? will the price come further down? But should the day come, when the price really comes down, will you still be in the queue?

As for the Quartz, the good thing is..it is about to TOP soon (a few weeks time). You don't have to wait for another 3 to 4 years and I really like the idea of being close to the MRT and the KPE.

If you have missed the Quartz..do not worry too much. Casa Merah is approaching TOP soon and may be, you could potentially get a good deal from there too. Casa Merah is very near to the MRT too. Very serene.

Quote Originally Posted by i12mmo2
    Ha..ha...actually, I think many of us shared the same feeling too. Should we have waited? will the price come further down? But should the day come, when the price really comes down, will you still be in the queue?

As for the Quartz, the good thing is..it is about to TOP soon (a few weeks time). You don't have to wait for another 3 to 4 years and I really like the idea of being close to the MRT and the KPE.

If you have missed the Quartz..do not worry too much. Casa Merah is approaching TOP soon and may be, you could potentially get a good deal from there too. Casa Merah is very near to the MRT too. Very serene.
    U see, the thing is we are so used to this area. Hougang/Sengkang/Punggol... but too bad that not enuff cash for new devopment. Not intending to move to other district. Shall go into resale market now.

Again, congrats to the new owner of The Quartz!

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    stamp duty applies to seller regardless is new or resale, private or HDB
    Huh? really? hm... my agent advise me to set aside 3% to pay for the stamp fee!??!

Can anyone lead me to the right side for this info?

Thanks in advance!

Huh? really? hm... my agent advise me to set aside 3% to pay for the stamp fee!??!

Thanks in advance!
    try this

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1904

stamp duty is applicable to buyer
    hence sometimes you see schemes like developer absorbing stamp duty, i.e. developer pays stamp duty on your behalf, to attract buyers as it reduces the buyer's cost.

try this

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1904

stamp duty is applicable to buyer
    hence sometimes you see schemes like developer absorbing stamp duty, i.e. developer pays stamp duty on your behalf, to attract buyers as it reduces the buyer's cost.
    Thank you very much coburn!

Thanks in advance!
    In fact, it is less then 3%.

Anyone recieved news on the actual TOP date

Default TOp

I heard from the latest souce, the issuing of key will commence around 2 weeks from now.

Good luck for those in the queue as I am still waiting for my decision on units that will suit me.

Quote Originally Posted by GEMS
    Anyone recieved news on the actual TOP date

I heard from the latest souce, the issuing of key will commence around 2 weeks from now.

Good luck for those in the queue as I am still waiting for my decision on units that will suit me.
    marshall, is it from a reliable source? cos as a owner i can't wait to shift in...

Quote Originally Posted by chang
    marshall, is it from a reliable source? cos as a owner i can't wait to shift in...
    Being told the final inspection is on 28 Apr. So key collection can only be early of May.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    In fact, it is less then 3%.
    Stamp duty calculation.
    For example, bought a unit @S$700k.
    1st 180k @1% = S$1.8k
    2nd 180k @2% = S$3.6k
    Rest @3% which is S$340k @3% = S$10,200.
    Total stamp duty = 1.8 + 3.6 + 10,200 = S$15,600.

Faster way to calculate is:-
    Apply 3% on S$700k, then minus S$5400.
    S$5400 is the total of S$1.8k + S$3.6k
    Hannah

At which period will we need to pay the stamp duty?Is it from CPF or Cash?My purchase price is $540K......Pls advise me,thks!

quatz is nothing compared to my Caspian

much better buy and good location

Quote Originally Posted by Rapister
    quatz is nothing compared to my Caspian

much better buy and good location

Ar? Diapian? Sorry didnt see rightly...tot u say nothing compared to ur shit.

errr...its quartz not quatz.