View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 110 of 123 FirstFirst ... 80859095100105106107108109110111112113114115120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Notice the door to the kitchen is wooden type....super ugly. Anyone changing to glass door sliding type??

Maybe can include that as one of the items for mass order too.

I still haven recif any letter about TOP

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Presently, i am pretty confident on my maid. Any idea what is the price range for installing CCTV?

I think it is easier just to stick with emailing for bulk purchases matter.

As for the portal, we can discuss it in the next meet up. Anyway, we also need this kind of things for Facility booking in future.
    Hi Issac,

I've paid about $1300 for my setup including installation. It's a H.264 system complete with remote control and 320G HDD. In the package, it comes with 4 cameras with Sony chips and also remote access thru the web or 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by SIA
    It depends. I try to take some photo few months back near the swimming pools. A China supervisor stopped me. He told me not allow to take photo before completion.

I think as the contruction is ending now, don't think they will stop you for going in to take a look. I was there yesterday evening at the pool area and also inside the building, looks like they are clearing up the place for TOP already. Saw someone actually inside the units at stack 33. Will likely pop by again this weekend.

Unimax called me yesterday to inform me that they had about 20 plus Quartz owners already signed with them. They asked me to go down to their company as they will like to show me the propose ID for our unit. Do not need to bring down our floor plan as they claimed that they already have it. Will go and visit them in the next few days to see what they can offer ...

Quote Originally Posted by ctam
    Hello,
    Jz a recomm.. my colleague's hubby owes a company specialized in CCTV. I can try to get a good discount for those who really needs CCTV, tho we don't need 1
    Hi Ctam,

Sure. Y dun you pass me his number so that I can find out prices from him.

Quote Originally Posted by tortu
    For competitive ID quotes, one of the best way is to "hit" most ID at one stop shop. Visited Life Style 21 on Saturday and you can see that most ID are quite willing to drop their prices to meet your needs.

Most interesting ID that I came across is Rezt and Relax that offers lifetime warranty for workmanship. Not sure what that means (eg. their prices may be relative higher to factor in warranty). But the designer that discusses with us seems reasonable and sincere. Will have to wait for their quote.

UniMax Creative besides claiming that they have gotten 20 projects from Quartz, their team of designers look quite "beng" and their "Quartz Package" is at $12.8K and can even trade bay window laminate wood with solid surface at no extra cost.
    Please do advise once you get the quote from Rezt&Relax.
    It is a bit on the high side for my quote. They claims they are using better material. But it does not look that great on the actual unit that i visited. Especially, the choice of colours. Really not meet my taste. But they said that is indian owner. Hmm...

I think "Lifetime warranty" means "as long as we still there i will service for you at reasonable charge for those that not due to poor workmanship".

Unimax is definitely a much bigger and stable firm. They should be one of the biggest in "Build and Design" category. But, they claims they are a level higher - A real designer firm. I will meet with Unimax tomorrow nite for the quotation of my reno work. Let's see if their price also a level higher then NorthWest.

So far, NorthWest is the most attractive one in term of the price + company size.

It is a bit on the high side for my quote. They claims they are using better material. But it does not look that great on the actual unit that i visited. Especially, the choice of colours. Really not meet my taste. But they said that is indian owner. Hmm...

I think "Lifetime warranty" means "as long as we still there i will service for you at reasonable charge for those that not due to poor workmanship".

Unimax is definitely a much bigger and stable firm. They should be one of the biggest in "Build and Design" category. But, they claims they are a level higher - A real designer firm. I will meet with Unimax tomorrow nite for the quotation of my reno work. Let's see if their price also a level higher then NorthWest.

So far, NorthWest is the most attractive one in term of the price + company size.
    Sure, I will let you know once I hear anything from Rezt&Relax. How high is R&R quote?

I think we also have to be careful in not just looking at price as the workmanship and material quality does vary the price a lot.

For example, Inner View that I talk to offer a quote < $9K but I am not sure how is their quality etc.

Anyway, I will let you know after they get back to me.

Sure, I will let you know once I hear anything from Rezt&Relax. How high is R&R quote?

I think we also have to be careful in not just looking at price as the workmanship and material quality does vary the price a lot.

For example, Inner View that I talk to offer a quote < $9K but I am not sure how is their quality etc.

Anyway, I will let you know after they get back to me.
    Sure. But compare Unimax with NorthWest should be a fair flight. Both of them all have HDB License + Case Trust as well as have done 1mil+ commercial project recently.

Quote Originally Posted by axela_3
    Hi Ctam,

Sure. Y dun you pass me his number so that I can find out prices from him.
    Hi axela_3,

Sorry, jz checked out with my colleague, her hubby's doing industrial building, not residential

Quote Originally Posted by axela_3
    To those that made it to the 1st meetup, it's was a great start. Let's hope that we can get our little community moving and growing!

For the 2nd meetup, we'll hold it 2 weeks from now. Any objections?
    Hi..I missed the 1st gathering..2 week ( 2nd week april) , i will b around to meet..do add me in

Quote Originally Posted by anniewee333
    Hi Queensway,

Pls add me in for the Chenggai planter's list. Thanks.
    Hi,

Do add me in too..Sorry I dont know to search for the link for the planter's list..Thanks

Default All look the same

Quote Originally Posted by TQ1
    I think as the contruction is ending now, don't think they will stop you for going in to take a look. I was there yesterday evening at the pool area and also inside the building, looks like they are clearing up the place for TOP already. Saw someone actually inside the units at stack 33. Will likely pop by again this weekend.

Unimax called me yesterday to inform me that they had about 20 plus Quartz owners already signed with them. They asked me to go down to their company as they will like to show me the propose ID for our unit. Do not need to bring down our floor plan as they claimed that they already have it. Will go and visit them in the next few days to see what they can offer ...
    Unimax have 20 units of Quartz??? that will be a concern for me, who knows all the unit may look the same or similiar? That saves them a lot of effort in being creative and I for sure will not want my house to look the same like my neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    Unimax have 20 units of Quartz??? that will be a concern for me, who knows all the unit may look the same or similiar? That saves them a lot of effort in being creative and I for sure will not want my house to look the same like my neighbour.
    That is only the bare bone. It still depend on the theme you choose + the items that u display + the people that stay there...

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    The designer did mention that though 20 units of Quartz owners already signed up with them, they will ensure that the theme will be customize for the individual family.

Quote Originally Posted by ctam
    Hi axela_3,

Sorry, jz checked out with my colleague, her hubby's doing industrial building, not residential

No probs.

Anyway, just a reminder to all, if you wanna be included into the list for CCTV, please add in your name in one of the earlier threads I've posted. Thanks!

Another idea of the planter area is to DIY using Granite slabs (natural stone) and peebles. Apparently the granite slabs is ~$15/piece and pebbles is $20 per 10kg. This may be a economical solution for the planter and it provides a very rustic and natural feel.

Only concern is I am not sure if the planter can allow such pay load (ie, Granite Slabs and Pebbles). It is really heavy if we lay the whole planter area. Will need to ask during key collection.
    Another thing to remember is to ensure water will flow through the gaps..else our house will accumulate water (plus mosquito)..cos using Chenai wood, I know that water will drain to the pipe below..

Default Is it

The designer did mention that though 20 units of Quartz owners already signed up with them, they will ensure that the theme will be customize for the individual family.
    Unless it is handle by different designer otherwise how different can it be? Maybe only different color in here and there?

Cool

Hi TQ1,

They do have the floor plan as I was there last week.

Apparently, they managed to get a copy of the brochure for the Quartz.

Do let me have your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    Another thing to remember is to ensure water will flow through the gaps..else our house will accumulate water (plus mosquito)..cos using Chenai wood, I know that water will drain to the pipe below..
    Cot,

Thanks for the reminder. I did think of that too, but if I lay the granite slabs with pebbles surrounding it, I guess water will drain through?

For Chenai wood decking, I am not sure if the wood can last very long given all the possible rain and shine.

I am still battling between wood and granite now. But worry that granite is too heavy for the planter area. Anyone has any idea whether granite slabs for planter is acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by quartz
    Hi TQ1,

They do have the floor plan as I was there last week.

Apparently, they managed to get a copy of the brochure for the Quartz.

Do let me have your feedback.
    Yes, you are right. They seems to have more info on Quartz than anyone of us.

As a matter of fact, after I pull out my floor plan, the designer pull a customized "Quartz Package" hardcopy print that stipulated the entire ID + reno at $12,888.

Like I said, I asked them if I can replace the laminate wood ledge at the bay window with solid surface. The designer actually committed that he will "throw" that in at no extra cost.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tortu; 31-03-09 at 17:12.

Cot,

Thanks for the reminder. I did think of that too, but if I lay the granite slabs with pebbles surrounding it, I guess water will drain through?

For Chenai wood decking, I am not sure if the wood can last very long given all the possible rain and shine.

I am still battling between wood and granite now. But worry that granite is too heavy for the planter area. Anyone has any idea whether granite slabs for planter is acceptable?
    I was told that they will apply some kind of coating on top. So, it will not be so easy to fade off due to rain and shine.

Why do you need to fill all the planter area with stones? You can first have a wooden platform to raise up a bit, then put whatever stone you want on top of it.

Cool

Hi Isaaclim,

Do update us after your meeting with Unimax.

Thanks.

Wink

I was told that they will apply some kind of coating on top. So, it will not be so easy to fade off due to rain and shine.

Why do you need to fill all the planter area with stones? You can first have a wooden platform to raise up a bit, then put whatever stone you want on top of it.
    I wanted to lay pebbles so that my 2.5 years little rascal will have difficulty stepping out to the planter. Though I will be installing grilles but just want to make it "feet" unfriendly.

Yes, you are right. They seems to have more info on Quartz than anyone of us.

As a matter of fact, after I pull out my floor plan, the designer pull a customized "Quartz Package" hardcopy print that stipulated the entire ID + reno at $12,888.

Like I said, I asked them if I can replace the laminate wood ledge at the bay window with solid surface. The designer actually committed that he will "throw" that in at no extra cost.
    In fact, verneer is slightly more expensive then laminate.

Do you realize in that package they do not have ceiling work at Dinning area + bedroom?

So, i am going to ask them to give it for free... Let's see...

In fact, verneer is slightly more expensive then laminate.

Do you realize in that package they do not have ceiling work at Dinning area + bedroom?

So, i am going to ask them to give it for free... Let's see...
    I think you can certainly try as they seem to be very willing to close the deal. Really doesn't look like someone mentality that closes 20 deals with this project.

I realized that we have to be careful with the false ceiling in the living as the air-con blower is mounted very high up close to the ceiling already. A typical false celing will need 150mm box height, which means that the aircon may be embedded or sunken into the false ceiling (very ugly). Hence need to avoid having false ceiling near the air-con blower, need to play with the L-box layout.

wow... thanks for the quotation from unimax. but i realized that there quite a number of items missing from them le. e.g. electrical points. so far,

i have gone to a few designers and they have quoted me 2k plus. Have to run about 40 points if u want down-lights, L-box lights.
    then again, it depends on how much lighting points and "design" u want. i am pretty amazed at the low quotations they have charged. even having a quartz package.
    looks to me like quite a lot of hidden costs which may spiral to a lot more. and as one of u have mentioned, it makes the designer job simple as they may merely just do a "cut and paste" job, changing just one or two items.

i am not suggesting anything but guys do a look ard first before u commit. do u want to go for "designer" or the Real Designing. U might want to at least check under the IDAC if they are registered as a member. if not, they can say they are designer but end up its like contractor type then really not worth it.

and for those doing bulk purchase, my 2 cent worth is that u check with the ID. Cos things like chengai wood may be able to get better price from them.

Quote Originally Posted by caspercasper
    wow... thanks for the quotation from unimax. but i realized that there quite a number of items missing from them le. e.g. electrical points. so far,

i have gone to a few designers and they have quoted me 2k plus. Have to run about 40 points if u want down-lights, L-box lights.
    then again, it depends on how much lighting points and "design" u want. i am pretty amazed at the low quotations they have charged. even having a quartz package.
    looks to me like quite a lot of hidden costs which may spiral to a lot more. and as one of u have mentioned, it makes the designer job simple as they may merely just do a "cut and paste" job, changing just one or two items.

i am not suggesting anything but guys do a look ard first before u commit. do u want to go for "designer" or the Real Designing. U might want to at least check under the IDAC if they are registered as a member. if not, they can say they are designer but end up its like contractor type then really not worth it.

and for those doing bulk purchase, my 2 cent worth is that u check with the ID. Cos things like chengai wood may be able to get better price from them.
    It is a common practice that they don't include Electrical works in the quotation. Because it is work not don't by them. They will get electrician and do the coordination for you only.

Please don't comment to much on that Unimax's package now. Because that is not the package that we will go for as a group. If we go as a group, we definitely have to expect more

It is a common practice that they don't include Electrical works in the quotation. Because it is work not don't by them. They will get electrician and do the coordination for you only.

Please don't comment to much on that Unimax's package now. Because that is not the package that we will go for as a group. If we go as a group, we definitely have to expect more
    better be careful

wat bulk purchase lah, cheaper lah

in the end maybe SOME PEOPLE earning comission from u, u oso dunno

Cot,

But granite slabs with pebbles, will it be difficult to clean? I fear a certain part will be slippery..Must check with ID whether it is feasible..
    I'm not very sure...

Chenai wood is for outdoors, so I think should be long lasting..Many parks uses external wood to lay as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    But granite slabs with pebbles, will it be difficult to clean? I fear a certain part will be slippery..Must check with ID whether it is feasible..
    I'm not very sure...

Chenai wood is for outdoors, so I think should be long lasting..Many parks uses external wood to lay as well..
    For me, I will still prefer chengai wood rather than granite slabs with pebbles. I think obvious reason is that chengai wood looks much neater than the pebbles. With chengai wood decking, it create a feeling of a mini balcony which in term make our sitting room more "spacious".

Quote Originally Posted by Rapister
    better be careful

wat bulk purchase lah, cheaper lah

in the end maybe SOME PEOPLE earning comission from u, u oso dunno
    We all do it very openly. No need to shoot poisionous arrow...