View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 109 of 123 FirstFirst ... 7984899499104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 3676

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by queensway
    Hi Quartz

Pai seh to have miss the msg. Had not log on during the past few days. Guess i will have to meet up with you guys for the nxt session.

Hi Queensway

The cheapest i got for Chengai wood is $22 per psf.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY
    Hi Queensway

The cheapest i got for Chengai wood is $22 per psf.
    Hi Crazy

Most vendors are unable to quote on psf due to the small planter size we had, where they purchase chengai on 12, 15 ft & so on. Hence any balance being left over, they would not be able to resell it. Most can only quote on per area, unless we are talking about those units with bigger area. Then they will be able to provide the price base on psf. In addition, it also depands if the chengai can be fitted into the lift, if not, there will be manpower charges as well. The depth of the planter is also a determinating factor. lots more.... Guess would have to meet up to talk about the list of things to lookout for....

Told by some owners that the contract did specify the sqft of the planter, dont think it mention the breadth & the depth...

usually normal quote for my 2 planter area, it cost abt 1K, for bulk buy we will be getting at least some special price. Most vendor will only be able to furnish us discount we have at least 10 units. So far, we have more then that..
    Kind of surprise over one of the quote given with super good price, guess would have to look at the quality before acting....

I will compile a list of the vendors that has quoted me & will share it. Will only be able to do so iin another few weeks due to tide schedules.

Hi Crazy

Most vendors are unable to quote on psf due to the small planter size we had, where they purchase chengai on 12, 15 ft & so on. Hence any balance being left over, they would not be able to resell it. Most can only quote on per area, unless we are talking about those units with bigger area. Then they will be able to provide the price base on psf. In addition, it also depands if the chengai can be fitted into the lift, if not, there will be manpower charges as well. The depth of the planter is also a determinating factor. lots more.... Guess would have to meet up to talk about the list of things to lookout for....

Told by some owners that the contract did specify the sqft of the planter, dont think it mention the breadth & the depth...

usually normal quote for my 2 planter area, it cost abt 1K, for bulk buy we will be getting at least some special price. Most vendor will only be able to furnish us discount we have at least 10 units. So far, we have more then that..
    Kind of surprise over one of the quote given with super good price, guess would have to look at the quality before acting....

I will compile a list of the vendors that has quoted me & will share it. Will only be able to do so iin another few weeks due to tide schedules.
    Ok, nevertheless most likely i will using her for my house renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    Did you carry an umbrella today?

Sharing some photos This is view from unit 17
    nope; was just wearing my shades

great photos you shared!

Cool

Hi Quartz

Pai seh to have miss the msg. Had not log on during the past few days. Guess i will have to meet up with you guys for the nxt session.

Hey, No Prob.

Just that a lot of us was actually expecting you to turn up.

We will be having another round of meeting 2 weeks from now.

Hope you can join us then.

Hi Guys, some pics for your viewing pleasure
    Sorry double post

Last edited by GEMS; 30-03-09 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by GEMS

nice photos...btw..where is the basement carpark entry and exit?

Tks Kasper, turning left or right from the main entrance will lead u to the basement carpk.Exits should be from the same points. Its quite huge, almost lost my way inside

Tks Kasper, turning left or right from the main entrance will lead u to the basement carpk.Exits should be from the same points. Its quite huge, almost lost my way inside
    coming in from the entrance,

1. if turn left, the road is above surface till the back entrance/exit.

2. if turn right, you'll very soon come to a lobang which also leads you to the basement carpark. Hence, on the right half of the development there's no road above the surface
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by emptybox
    coming in from the entrance,

1. if turn left, the road is above surface till the back entrance/exit.

2. if turn right, you'll very soon come to a lobang which also leads you to the basement carpark. Hence, on the right half of the development there's no road above the surface
    Yup spot on !

hey gems, great effort with the pictures. do u have pictures of the units itself? it be great if u can upload more of the place itself - kitchen, hall etc. thanks again.

Yup spot on !
    cos the above from the right is the tennis courts and basketball court? issit?

Quote Originally Posted by chang
    cos the above from the right is the tennis courts and basketball court? issit?
    u can say that bro! Which unit are u in?

gems, can upload more photos... want to see more of the inside of the unit itself. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by caspercasper
    gems, can upload more photos... want to see more of the inside of the unit itself. thanks.
    dun ask me which unit hor Come on guys TOP in a month time leave some surprises for urself ya..

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2281/img0823k.jpg
    http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2292/img0817mxs.jpg
    http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3458/img0825l.jpg
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7040/img0816.jpg
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5566/img0807r.jpg

Default Bulk Buy For CCTV

Hi All,

For the benefit of some members present during the meetup yesterday, we'll be compiling a bulk buying list for those who's interested in getting a CCTV for their place. Please leave your nick if interested. Thanks!

1)
    2)
    3)

p.s. Issac, do you want to move this to the facebook page or do you want to leave it until we setup a portal as per discussion yesterday?

Question

Hey Gems & Empty box

Thanks for the effort on the photos.
    By the way, do you have to looks CHINA to get in. Haha just joking. So easily accesible. They dont stop you guys at all?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by axela_3
    Hi All,

For the benefit of some members present during the meetup yesterday, we'll be compiling a bulk buying list for those who's interested in getting a CCTV for their place. Please leave your nick if interested. Thanks!

1)
    2)
    3)

p.s. Issac, do you want to move this to the facebook page or do you want to leave it until we setup a portal as per discussion yesterday?
    Yo Bro,

1) Quartz

BTW, was at "Quartz" around 3 plus. The authorities was there doing the Final Inspection.

It look like pretty soon we will be getting our long awaited key.

Ya.

Hi All,

1)
    2)
    3)

Presently, i am pretty confident on my maid. Any idea what is the price range for installing CCTV?

I think it is easier just to stick with emailing for bulk purchases matter.

As for the portal, we can discuss it in the next meet up. Anyway, we also need this kind of things for Facility booking in future.

Hi All,

1)
    2)
    3)

Hello,
    Jz a recomm.. my colleague's hubby owes a company specialized in CCTV. I can try to get a good discount for those who really needs CCTV, tho we don't need 1

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY
    Hey Gems & Empty box

Thanks for the effort on the photos.
    By the way, do you have to looks CHINA to get in. Haha just joking. So easily accesible. They dont stop you guys at all?
    Dun mention I normally ask for permission first ya.But if u insisit on putting on a yellow helmet n phua chu kang's yellow boots by all means ya..haha

Dun mention I normally ask for permission first ya.But if u insisit on putting on a yellow helmet n phua chu kang's yellow boots by all means ya..haha
    You ask permission from who? The security guard during our past weeks visit, say can't go in..
    Great photos you have taken

Tks Cot, i didn't see any security guard around.Normally its the china workers that i bumped into. So far all friendly encounters heh

Tks Cot, i didn't see any security guard around.Normally its the china workers that i bumped into. So far all friendly encounters heh
    I think the china workers won't be bothered with us..haha..quite a few saw us But I still feel sneaky

[QUOTE=emptybox]looks like my name has been taken out...?

preference (laminated ledge or solid top) for Bay Windows Dressing:
    - Isaac (Laminated ledge)
    - kasper (Laminated ledge)
    - Franshu (Laminated ledge)
    - ivanchan16 (Laminated ledge)
    - emptybox (Laminated ledge)
    - Unity ( Laminated )
    - TQ1 (Laminated ledge)

Quote Originally Posted by Cot
    I think the china workers won't be bothered with us..haha..quite a few saw us But I still feel sneaky
    It depends. I try to take some photo few months back near the swimming pools. A China supervisor stopped me. He told me not allow to take photo before completion.

[quote=TQ1]
    Quote Originally Posted by emptybox
    looks like my name has been taken out...?

preference (laminated ledge or solid top) for Bay Windows Dressing:
    - Isaac (Laminated ledge)
    - kasper (Laminated ledge)
    - Franshu (Laminated ledge)
    - ivanchan16 (Laminated ledge)
    - emptybox (Laminated ledge)
    - Unity ( Laminated )
    - TQ1 (Laminated ledge)
    I think I got drop off after all the editing. Just found out over Saturday when I was talking to one of the ID that we cannot use laminate with ABS for the bay window. ABS trimming though protects the laminate edge from peeling, it has a small chamfer around the edges. As some of the bay window is > 8ft, they will need more than 1 laminate to cover the entire bay window. The chamfer between these 2 laminate will leave a small visible "valley".

Solution can be simple by using laminate with post-form (technical term). Of course, best solution is to use solid top. Depending on the length of the bay window from unit to unit, it may be $400 to $500 difference but that has a 10 year warranty.

Default Planter

Another idea of the planter area is to DIY using Granite slabs (natural stone) and peebles. Apparently the granite slabs is ~$15/piece and pebbles is $20 per 10kg. This may be a economical solution for the planter and it provides a very rustic and natural feel.

Only concern is I am not sure if the planter can allow such pay load (ie, Granite Slabs and Pebbles). It is really heavy if we lay the whole planter area. Will need to ask during key collection.

For competitive ID quotes, one of the best way is to "hit" most ID at one stop shop. Visited Life Style 21 on Saturday and you can see that most ID are quite willing to drop their prices to meet your needs.

Most interesting ID that I came across is Rezt and Relax that offers lifetime warranty for workmanship. Not sure what that means (eg. their prices may be relative higher to factor in warranty). But the designer that discusses with us seems reasonable and sincere. Will have to wait for their quote.

UniMax Creative besides claiming that they have gotten 20 projects from Quartz, their team of designers look quite "beng" and their "Quartz Package" is at $12.8K and can even trade bay window laminate wood with solid surface at no extra cost.