Thread: Name and shame errant serviced offices, main tenants and landlords

Angry Name and shame errant serviced offices, main tenants and landlords

I'am an SME owner and is renting an office space at Verve Offices.

To my horror, i understand my service office operator is only going to give us a pathetic 10% rebate off our monthly rents (before GST) while they receive the full 100% tax rebate from landlord, citing reasons that they need to offset part of their cost such as employee salaries, internet and utilities etc.

Aren't such cost like employee salaries, internet and utilities etc. fixed cost regardless pre or post covid which are already loaded onto our standard every month rentals?

On the contrary, as compared to pre covid, in addition to receiving the property tax rebate, the service office operator like Verve Offices and others would have also received additional 75% job support scheme (JSS) credits to help offset employee wages while also paying significantly lesser utilities since no one is coming to office for work.

Using such reasons as reasons to offset for the property tax rebate that they would be passing down to sub-tenant seems absurd to me. In any case, why should their cost comes before us since all this cost are already supposed to be inbuild into our monthly rents?

Default Re: Name and shame errant serviced offices, main tenants and landlords

Look at 9.5.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/upl...20Edition).pdf

The serviced office who was the tenant who had entered into a contract with the property owner, has zero obligation to give you anything at all.

You're lucky that you're even getting 10%.

I think you had better remove your post or you will be sued for defamation.