Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Stellar

whether condo or landed, 99 will affect the value of the property in long run..

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    For condo what is important is not the 99 or FH it is Location, Location and Location! I will rather take a 99 with good location than a FH with lousy location any time. 99 or FH is only important if you are buying landed property as you own the piece of land compared to condo where you only own a space up in the air and so what if it is FH.

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    For condo what is important is not the 99 or FH it is Location, Location and Location! I will rather take a 99 with good location than a FH with lousy location any time. 99 or FH is only important if you are buying landed property as you own the piece of land compared to condo where you only own a space up in the air and so what if it is FH.
    Do you even know what good location is? 30 years old 99yr condos like Horizon Tower and Grangeford can retain their value well after so long, even netting high gains when en bloc. That is because their locations are really prime, in the heart of Singapore.

Can you say the same for 99 yr LH condo in West Coast or East Coast or HDB suburb? Do you know that even 99 yr LH sites in Holland or Bukit Timah are also not considered good enough - their values drop over time.

I agree that 99 yr or FH is not important for those located in super prime areas. But if your area is so-so only, then you can forget it.

Your argument of "only owning space in the air" is incorrect when it comes to Singapore and other mega urban centres like Tokyo, London and Manhattan. In land scarce Singapore there is such a thing called plot ratio, which ensures that even space in the air is put to good use. If a building on a well-located plot of land has not maximised its plot ratio, you can be sure there will be many interested developers looking at it. And because plot ratio limits the gross floor area (built-up area) in the ratio to the land size, the more desirable the location, the more developers will pay for your "space in the air". Therein lies the value.

As for some people's argument that they "do not live so long, so 99 yrs is enough", I feel they are totally missing the point. 99 yr LH at any point in time is a depreciating asset. So even if you do not live long enough and pass it down to your children, your children may be holding onto a low value white elephant that is only good for living in and renting out, they can't sell it unless it is for a dime, and banks will certainly not finance any buyer who wants to buy a unit there, unless they are buying it en-bloc 100% of the units.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    Do you even know what good location is? 30 years old 99yr condos like Horizon Tower and Grangeford can retain their value well after so long, even netting high gains when en bloc. That is because their locations are really prime, in the heart of Singapore.

Can you say the same for 99 yr LH condo in West Coast or East Coast or HDB suburb? Do you know that even 99 yr LH sites in Holland or Bukit Timah are also not considered good enough - their values drop over time.

I agree that 99 yr or FH is not important for those located in super prime areas. But if your area is so-so only, then you can forget it.

Your argument of "only owning space in the air" is incorrect when it comes to Singapore and other mega urban centres like Tokyo, London and Manhattan. In land scarce Singapore there is such a thing called plot ratio, which ensures that even space in the air is put to good use. If a building on a well-located plot of land has not maximised its plot ratio, you can be sure there will be many interested developers looking at it. And because plot ratio limits the gross floor area (built-up area) in the ratio to the land size, the more desirable the location, the more developers will pay for your "space in the air". Therein lies the value.

As for some people's argument that they "do not live so long, so 99 yrs is enough", I feel they are totally missing the point. 99 yr LH at any point in time is a depreciating asset. So even if you do not live long enough and pass it down to your children, your children may be holding onto a low value white elephant that is only good for living in and renting out, they can't sell it unless it is for a dime, and banks will certainly not finance any buyer who wants to buy a unit there, unless they are buying it en-bloc 100% of the units.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    too late, have already reported you to the police. give that lame excuse to them when they knock on your door.

Frankly, i share your point.

If it is a rumor, then
    If it is classified info, then

Many people dont choose West Coast due to the port, perceived air quality, heavy vehicles, etc, etc...

So T, be responsible in what you say or imply!

I've been inside Stellar several times. I noted the comments in the forum about the noise, and wanted to verify it. On several occasions while at the poolside for 1 to 3 hours, there was hardly any "big lorries or container truck" noise. Those with me also affirmed this. In fact, the main 'noise' would be from the waterfall in the pool....or we can move to the edge of Stellar,stand at the fence beside the road, then I'm sure the noise would be heard.

Not sure about air pollution, definitely no smell of fumes. In fact, the air in all the different regions in Singapore is still rated as "Good", going by the official PSI measurement. If the air is truly toxic, or at least at a worrying level, then the NEA, or the relevant govt agencies, should be taken to task for not doing its job properly. If the air around Stellar is toxic, or a cause for concern, then with previous assurances given by the govt about the positive air quality, the government must have lied. Provide me with hard proven data and I'll send a letter. I would think that such data is not available.

One of the posts mentioned that there is no clubhouse. In fact, there is...www.thestellar.com.sg

The same post also mentioned that there are adequate parking lots. This, in fact, is not the case. There are 162 units and only 162 lots. No visitor lots at all. Families with 2 cars will face a problem once all the units are occupied and the lots are taken up.

Also, the comments about the pte pools did not paint a complete picture. Some of the pools are small, but some are comparable to those offered in cluster houses and in some high-end condos, if not bigger. Few of the pte pools I've seen around Singapore are big enough for a good workout, be they bungalows or condos. Those big enough (personally visited 2 such mega-bungalows) for such a purpose belong to those amongst the top earners in singapore. Some Stellar pte pool units have strong demand. During the last property boom, price offered went up to as high as $900+ psf.

I hope this can clear up some misinformation....but against those with agenda and who would stoop so low as to use obvious propaganda tactics(intentional or not), then i think this post can't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by secretflame
    I've been inside Stellar several times. I noted the comments in the forum about the noise, and wanted to verify it. On several occasions while at the poolside for 1 to 3 hours, there was hardly any "big lorries or container truck" noise. Those with me also affirmed this. In fact, the main 'noise' would be from the waterfall in the pool....or we can move to the edge of Stellar,stand at the fence beside the road, then I'm sure the noise would be heard.

Not sure about air pollution, definitely no smell of fumes. In fact, the air in all the different regions in Singapore is still rated as "Good", going by the official PSI measurement. If the air is truly toxic, or at least at a worrying level, then the NEA, or the relevant govt agencies, should be taken to task for not doing its job properly. If the air around Stellar is toxic, or a cause for concern, then with previous assurances given by the govt about the positive air quality, the government must have lied. Provide me with hard proven data and I'll send a letter. I would think that such data is not available.

One of the posts mentioned that there is no clubhouse. In fact, there is...www.thestellar.com.sg

The same post also mentioned that there are adequate parking lots. This, in fact, is not the case. There are 162 units and only 162 lots. No visitor lots at all. Families with 2 cars will face a problem once all the units are occupied and the lots are taken up.

Also, the comments about the pte pools did not paint a complete picture. Some of the pools are small, but some are comparable to those offered in cluster houses and in some high-end condos, if not bigger. Few of the pte pools I've seen around Singapore are big enough for a good workout, be they bungalows or condos. Those big enough (personally visited 2 such mega-bungalows) for such a purpose belong to those amongst the top earners in singapore. Some Stellar pte pool units have strong demand. During the last property boom, price offered went up to as high as $900+ psf.

I hope this can clear up some misinformation....but against those with agenda and who would stoop so low as to use obvious propaganda tactics(intentional or not), then i think this post can't do much.
    I have no agenda here. but I noticed some naive comments you made here. The pollution ratings given by the government represent the average quality of air in Singapore. they don't mean the air quality is good everywhere in Singapore. For instance, if you take measurements of air quality in the middle of clementi road on a day when government air quality ratings are good, I am sure you will notice that air in the middle of clementi road is very foul. Or try measure the air quality on jurong island when government air quality ratings are good.

As for noise, I am sure you are not lying that you did not hear noise. but there are two possibilities. one, the noise is drowned out by the water fountain noise. The other is that you were there when it was not the rush hour. Believe, during rush hours, you would hear noise and loud noise. I often witnessed a long line of lorries rumbling up Clementi road at 5pm to 7pm, generating noise and pollution. If you cannot hear that, I wonder whether you need to get your ears checked.

I have no agenda here, because I am not going to buy the stellar nor am I an agent. I am just a resident nearby making comments based on what I can observe.

Of course, if you really like the area, by all means by a unit, especially if you like roti prata.

I have no agenda here. but I noticed some naive comments you made here. The pollution ratings given by the government represent the average quality of air in Singapore. they don't mean the air quality is good everywhere in Singapore. For instance, if you take measurements of air quality in the middle of clementi road on a day when government air quality ratings are good, I am sure you will notice that air in the middle of clementi road is very foul. Or try measure the air quality on jurong island when government air quality ratings are good.

As for noise, I am sure you are not lying that you did not hear noise. but there are two possibilities. one, the noise is drowned out by the water fountain noise. The other is that you were there when it was not the rush hour. Believe, during rush hours, you would hear noise and loud noise. I often witnessed a long line of lorries rumbling up Clementi road at 5pm to 7pm, generating noise and pollution. If you cannot hear that, I wonder whether you need to get your ears checked.

I have no agenda here, because I am not going to buy the stellar nor am I an agent. I am just a resident nearby making comments based on what I can observe.
    No, the comments aren't naive. If you think they are, then you must have taken a naive approach.
    You have made invalid assumptions and argued without any factual basis.

I quote: "The pollution ratings given by the government represent the average quality of air in Singapore. they don't mean the air quality is good everywhere in Singapore."

In fact, they do mean that the air quality is good everywhere in Singapore.

Please refer to the latest State of the Environment 2008 Report,Singapore, published by the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources.
    The link is here:

http://app.mewr.gov.sg/web/Contents/...px?ContId=1233

Go to Chapter 1: Air, page 5, at the bottom of the 'Did You Know' message box. The line reads:

"There is no significant variation in the ambient air quality at different parts of Singapore because of the island's small geographic size."

So, if the region around Stellar/Varsity Park is heavily polluted, so is the place you live.

Of course, if you really like the area, by all means by a unit, especially if you like roti prata.
    Roti prata nice meh To me Stellar not that noisy la... Infiniti more noisy

Default noisy ?

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    Roti prata nice meh To me Stellar not that noisy la... Infiniti more noisy
    i was there last saturday ...friend has a penthouse .. we had bbq at the pit at the garden side ..was nice , quiet and spacious ...

then we proceeded to the PH ...was breezy and not so noisy ...agree that the pool made most of the noise ... then we went to the roof terrace ..my goodness it was so breezy and nice and cool and a good view of the night sky with stars and big bright moon ...(13th lunar calendar .. 15th brightest)

saw alot of ang mo expats there...probably all rental ... indian expats also ...

we played cards till almost 3 am ... walked over to eat prata and teh tarik ..

overall i would say its not too bad a project or location

No, the comments aren't naive. If you think they are, then you must have taken a naive approach.
    You have made invalid assumptions and argued without any factual basis.

I quote: "The pollution ratings given by the government represent the average quality of air in Singapore. they don't mean the air quality is good everywhere in Singapore."

In fact, they do mean that the air quality is good everywhere in Singapore.

Please refer to the latest State of the Environment 2008 Report,Singapore, published by the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources.
    The link is here:

http://app.mewr.gov.sg/web/Contents/...px?ContId=1233

Go to Chapter 1: Air, page 5, at the bottom of the 'Did You Know' message box. The line reads:

"There is no significant variation in the ambient air quality at different parts of Singapore because of the island's small geographic size."

So, if the region around Stellar/Varsity Park is heavily polluted, so is the place you live.
    Haha, you made me laugh so hard, I almost threw up. If you were right, then why don't you live on jurong island, or live in a garbage incinarator. Come to think of it, why don't you live in a lab with SARs virus, since, according to you, there are no variations across parts of Singapore in terms of air quality.

Haha, only naive people like you can make statements like that. Just go compare air quality between a bus depot and the botanic garden. there will be a big variation. anyone would know that.

Haha, you made me laugh so hard, I almost threw up. If you were right, then why don't you live on jurong island, or live in a garbage incinarator. Come to think of it, why don't you live in a lab with SARs virus, since, according to you, there are no variations across parts of Singapore in terms of air quality.

Haha, only naive people like you can make statements like that. Just go compare air quality between a bus depot and the botanic garden. there will be a big variation. anyone would know that.
    You came into Stellar and other projects except Carabelle to condemn noise and pollution and your cockiness really made me feel sorry for your neighbours who will have to endure your rubbish that you will be dishing out at them when you get yr keys. At least we are fortunate that we will not be your neighbours for sure. Good luck to your TOP at Carabelle. BTW, Carabelle is so close to AYE and I am pretty sure you will definately have a good taste of noise and particularly pollution from the thousands of cars plying the highway. "THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK".

You have shown that you can’t think straight, again and again.

When will you possess at least an objective sense of judgment in your analysis? I know you are eager to put me down, but as I said, at least make your arguments reasonable.

This forum is about condos situated in residential areas.

You don’t seem to be aware of that.

Instead, you bring in irrelevant examples to support your claims.

You mentioned about Jurong Island, garbage incinerator, lab with sars virus and bus depot.

Do you assume that we have condos in Jurong Island? Or a condo unit in a garbage incinerator? Do the scientists who assess the environment give consideration to garbage areas or a sars virus lab when they come up with the PSI? You really have no idea how to argue your case rationally.

Certainly they are referring to locations relevant to the majority of the populace. Of course, if you live in a garbage incinerator, then you may want to dispute the PSI reports.

Here’s another exposé of your simplistic thinking: nearly all Sars labs have stringent hygiene conditions which the researchers rigidly adhere to, and Sars is a virus, a biological hazard, not technically a pollutant.

You said that “according to you”( with reference to myself), that there are no variations in the air quality in Singapore. This is a lucid example of how you can misread or even mislead. This fact that there is no variation comes from the NEA, not me. It comes from a valid source, credible in reputation, backed by experimental data, instead of relying on phrases like “Everyone knows that”.

You use the number and type of vehicles as the basis for your high pollution claim. Not even once did you show consideration of other significant factors like topography, wind strength and direction, coastal location, etc; how the dynamics of these factors interact to increase or reduce pollution.…..this is how naive you can be.

You have also made a consistent implicit assumption that the air is still, and pollutants that are about 2.5 microns are too heavy to move about (for example, moving from other parts of Singapore to where you live), or that toxic gases stay immobile within a limited pocket of air in an open space. Please justify this assumption of yours.

You have been talking about noise, pollution, dirt, garbage, Sars virus. Even repeatedly mentioning some of them. Now, the readers of this forum will have an idea what fills your mind.

You are a pathetic source of information for those who visit this forum looking for credible information and healthy discussion.

You have shown that you can’t think straight, again and again.

When will you possess at least an objective sense of judgment in your analysis? I know you are eager to put me down, but as I said, at least make your arguments reasonable.

This forum is about condos situated in residential areas.

You don’t seem to be aware of that.

Instead, you bring in irrelevant examples to support your claims.

You mentioned about Jurong Island, garbage incinerator, lab with sars virus and bus depot.

Do you assume that we have condos in Jurong Island? Or a condo unit in a garbage incinerator? Do the scientists who assess the environment give consideration to garbage areas or a sars virus lab when they come up with the PSI? You really have no idea how to argue your case rationally.

Certainly they are referring to locations relevant to the majority of the populace. Of course, if you live in a garbage incinerator, then you may want to dispute the PSI reports.

Here’s another exposé of your simplistic thinking: nearly all Sars labs have stringent hygiene conditions which the researchers rigidly adhere to, and Sars is a virus, a biological hazard, not technically a pollutant.

You said that “according to you”( with reference to myself), that there are no variations in the air quality in Singapore. This is a lucid example of how you can misread or even mislead. This fact that there is no variation comes from the NEA, not me. It comes from a valid source, credible in reputation, backed by experimental data, instead of relying on phrases like “Everyone knows that”.

You use the number and type of vehicles as the basis for your high pollution claim. Not even once did you show consideration of other significant factors like topography, wind strength and direction, coastal location, etc; how the dynamics of these factors interact to increase or reduce pollution.…..this is how naive you can be.

You have also made a consistent implicit assumption that the air is still, and pollutants that are about 2.5 microns are too heavy to move about (for example, moving from other parts of Singapore to where you live), or that toxic gases stay immobile within a limited pocket of air in an open space. Please justify this assumption of yours.

You have been talking about noise, pollution, dirt, garbage, Sars virus. Even repeatedly mentioning some of them. Now, the readers of this forum will have an idea what fills your mind.

You are a pathetic source of information for those who visit this forum looking for credible information and healthy discussion.
    I don't need any of your mumbo jumbo to deduce that it is hazardous to live at the stellar. All I need is common sense. Can you deny:

(1) the closer you live near a source of pollution, the unhealthier the air?
    (2) the closer you live near a source of noise, the noiser the environment
    (3) the more vehicles there are at a certain location, the more polluted the area is
    (4) In a large or small area, there will be spots with better air and spots with worse air
    (5) In a small project like the stellar, the gap between any two blocks will small and therefore there is a loss of privacy.
    (6) For a small project like the stellar, the maintenance fee is going to be high.
    (7) For a small project like the stellar, there is no room for kids to roam.
    (8) With a flyer yet to be built nearby, the upside potential is limited for teh stellar.

I don't need official, scientific data to answer any of the questions. Neither do you.

And better than you, I don't use vulgar language. I just make objective and unemotional analysis to make my points.

I don't need any of your mumbo jumbo to deduce that it is hazardous to live at the stellar. All I need is common sense. Can you deny:

(3) the more vehicles there are at a certain location, the more polluted the area is
    (4) In a large or small area, there will be spots with better air and spots with worse air
    (5) In a small project like the stellar, the gap between any two blocks will small and therefore there is a loss of privacy.
    (6) For a small project like the stellar, the maintenance fee is going to be high.
    (8) With a flyer yet to be built nearby, the upside potential is limited for teh stellar.

I don't need official, scientific data to answer any of the questions. Neither do you.

And better than you, I don't use vulgar language. I just make objective and unemotional analysis to make my points.

If you think Stellar is polluted, please forget about staying in West Coast area especially when you are not better off with the AYE right next to you. You meant to say that there are no noise or air pollution there??? I believe you ought to migrate out of Singapore, get out of the city and stay in the mountain instead.

It remains to be seen whether the flyer will be built eventually and even if it does, it won't make any difference unless you are standing next to the flyer.

There are only 162 units in Stellar, we don't need that much land space as compared to a 338 units condo so you don't have to keep stressing that it is small.

Dun make me fell of my chair by claiming your comments are objective..Do remember that other visitors to this website aren't as naive as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety
    If you think Stellar is polluted, please forget about staying in West Coast area especially when you are not better off with the AYE right next to you. You meant to say that there are no noise or air pollution there??? I believe you ought to migrate out of Singapore, get out of the city and stay in the mountain instead.

It remains to be seen whether the flyer will be built eventually and even if it does, it won't make any difference unless you are standing next to the flyer.

There are only 162 units in Stellar, we don't need that much land space as compared to a 338 units condo so you don't have to keep stressing that it is small.

Dun make me fell of my chair by claiming your comments are objective..Do remember that other visitors to this website aren't as naive as you do.
    Don't generalize, Mr. Tweety. Other condos are in a much better locations that the stellar in terms of air quality and noise levels. the parc, botannia, varsity park, clementiwoods are much cleaner and less noisy than your little mouse hole.

I am not against the stellar, nor am I against the west coast area. I am just making objective comments. whether you like it or not, don't attribute to my comments to commerical motives.

Don't generalize, Mr. Tweety. Other condos are in a much better locations that the stellar in terms of air quality and noise levels. the parc, botannia, varsity park, clementiwoods are much cleaner and less noisy than your little mouse hole.

I am not against the stellar, nor am I against the west coast area. I am just making objective comments. whether you like it or not, don't attribute to my comments to commerical motives.
    Go on...Go on and say whatever you want about Stellar...You can call it a mouse hole or whatever you like but it won't change the fact that it is priced higher than your condo...I am sorry if you still feel sore that you can't meet your commercial objective. Everyone can tell that you have a hidden agenda....Your nonsense about air quality and noise level is absurd especially when you mentioned about parc, botannia or varsity park.... Its time you pack your bags and live in the mountain... You just can't accept hard facts and live in the fantasy world of yours..

I agree to the above, ceteris paribus.

Not really.

6) For a small project like the stellar, the maintenance fee is going to be high.
    Yes, relatively compared. What you pay is what you get.

Nope, not true. And I do know that your 'no room' means little room.

I'd like you to clarify the question further first. Explain clearly your own understanding of "the upside potential is limited", what is the base psf you use as a reference when considering any upside? I shall reply based on your definition.

I'm not finished with replying this post; in fact, some areas are completely unaddressed. I'll do that in my next post.

I've answered all your questions, except for one which I requested clarification. Would you commit yourself to answering all my questions in my next post too? In other words, commit that you won't skim them over or duck, but offer proper replies point by point.

Can we also have your objective analysis on the replies above?
    What conclusions are you drawing?

Let's see what your reply is. Please think carefully.

I agree to the above, ceteris paribus.

Not really.

6) For a small project like the stellar, the maintenance fee is going to be high.
    Yes, relatively compared. What you pay is what you get.

Nope, not true. And I do know that your 'no room' means little room.

I'd like you to clarify the question further first. Explain clearly your own understanding of "the upside potential is limited", what is the base psf you use as a reference when considering any upside? I shall reply based on your definition.

I'm not finished with replying this post; in fact, some areas are completely unaddressed. I'll do that in my next post.

I've answered all your questions, except for one which I requested clarification. Would you commit yourself to answering all my questions in my next post too? In other words, commit that you won't skim them over or duck, but offer proper replies point by point.

Can we also have your objective analysis on the replies above?
    What conclusions are you drawing?

Let's see what your reply is. Please think carefully.

aiyo guys

lets not continue this ...

we are here to gain info, and help potential buyers with info they need and info we have ...

i can only say that Stellar is NOT noisy as i have been in there ..a friend just moved in ..

i like its location better cos i can walk to 7-11, prata, nasi lemak, wine shop , bicycle shop .. and i can get to town or CBD very easily ... compared to projects like VP, CW, Carabelle, Botannia or Infiniti ...

most impt of all ..its FREEHOLD ...

my second choice will be Parc ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    aiyo guys

lets not continue this ...

we are here to gain info, and help potential buyers with info they need and info we have ...
    Yeah agreed, I'm also quite tired. Just that I think we should help in the right way, and not grossly misinform repeatedly.

Yeah agreed, I'm also quite tired. Just that I think we should help in the right way, and not grossly misinform repeatedly.
    I second that...Tired too but there are some irresponsible people out there just enjoy receiving attention and argue for the sake of arguing.

i was there last saturday ...friend has a penthouse .. we had bbq at the pit at the garden side ..was nice , quiet and spacious ...

then we proceeded to the PH ...was breezy and not so noisy ...agree that the pool made most of the noise ... then we went to the roof terrace ..my goodness it was so breezy and nice and cool and a good view of the night sky with stars and big bright moon ...(13th lunar calendar .. 15th brightest)
    I'm curious about the view up there...what's it like? Is the sea view blocked by the port buildings? How about the view in other directions?

Default Maintenance fee

May I know how much is maintenance fee per month in The Stellar?

I'm curious about the view up there...what's it like? Is the sea view blocked by the port buildings? How about the view in other directions?
    well theres no sea view kana blocked by the port ...
    but basically you theres no high rise around it ...

what i was nicely surprised was the full night sky ... and though its only 5-6 storey .. its really breezy ...

i felt good up there ...

Quote Originally Posted by W0520
    May I know how much is maintenance fee per month in The Stellar?
    i am not sure how its calculated

but the 3 bedders are paying some $350 a mth while the 4 bedders (PH) paying $500

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin

Sorry, I beg to differ. From what I have noticed of Singapore 99 LH properties inclusive of HDB, location is still the key. Just look at old 30+ years flats in Ghim Moh, Clementi, Tiong Bahru. They have not only retained its value but gone up considerably in the last few years despite aging. I am convinced that location and proximity to amenities and MRT station is still the key to value retention in our small city state. It is a known fact that 99LH offers better rental yield than FH properties across the board.

heard from my friend, thru an agent ..that almost all the ground floor units, with private pool ... are rented out .. at pretty decent price ...

heard from my friend, thru an agent ..that almost all the ground floor units, with private pool ... are rented out .. at pretty decent price ...
    was at stellar again to visit my friend and use the pool..

am surprised that there are still alot of 'buyer viewers' ...

you hear so much about suppressed market ..but still there are buyers ... singaporean really rich .. then again ..rather they buy freedhold then 99 yr VP

i am not sure how its calculated

but the 3 bedders are paying some $350 a mth while the 4 bedders (PH) paying $500
    Tats normal, or u mean u rather the 4bedder pay lesser than the 3bedder??

999yr and freehold always the best bet when talking bout LONG TERM property investment. the rising hdb prices prices are due to the general cycle, not because of a true appreciation of the property price.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Sorry, I beg to differ. From what I have noticed of Singapore 99 LH properties inclusive of HDB, location is still the key. Just look at old 30+ years flats in Ghim Moh, Clementi, Tiong Bahru. They have not only retained its value but gone up considerably in the last few years despite aging. I am convinced that location and proximity to amenities and MRT station is still the key to value retention in our small city state. It is a known fact that 99LH offers better rental yield than FH properties across the board.