Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Albert Park Condominium

Cool

Nope. Owner still asking around 900psqft to 95psqft. Siow ! At this price, I rather go for newer development.

I can't login to my old id SallyTan. So this is my new id.

Quote Originally Posted by sallytan
    Yes ! The latest transacted priced at 891psft......
    I think 891 psf is still on the high side .. just my opinion.

As for radiowaves, i think there are big antennaes emitting radiowaves at orchard area .. the largest one i was told .

I think projects like Garden Vista and Jardin somehow bring up prices of these old projects in that area...

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    I think 891 psf is still on the high side .. just my opinion.

As for radiowaves, i think there are big antennaes emitting radiowaves at orchard area .. the largest one i was told .

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I think projects like Garden Vista and Jardin somehow bring up prices of these old projects in that area...
    Similar to how Mi Casa elevated the prices at Warren and northvale ..

....and how lakeshore brought up the prices of caspian and surrounding projects

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    Similar to how Mi Casa elevated the prices at Warren and northvale ..

....and how lakeshore brought up the prices of caspian and surrounding projects
    Get the idea? New development would cost more than older developments. New land parcels released would be more expansive than the older ones. Older projects are benchmarked against the newer developments in terms of pricing.

Some agents shared with me that there is another phenomenon known as the en-bloc effect. The surrounding developments (new and old) gets the same benefit too.

This is of course assuming everying is more costly.

En Bloc effect only happens if an old development does have en bloc potential. Owners selling really old units tend to factor this in when selling their units which i thought was quite ridiculous, especially for condos that have been trying to get en bloc for more than a decade to no avail. Greenlodge along Toh Tuck Rd (in a better location than beverly) is one good example. Owners trying for years to sell off to developers but unsuccessful. I once offered to buy a 1700sf unit once at $800000 or 470psf (which was based on last transacted price) but the crazy owner used en bloc potential to jack up the price to 650psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Get the idea? New development would cost more than older developments. New land parcels released would be more expansive than the older ones. Older projects are benchmarked against the newer developments in terms of pricing.

Some agents shared with me that there is another phenomenon known as the en-bloc effect. The surrounding developments (new and old) gets the same benefit too.

This is of course assuming everying is more costly.

En Bloc effect only happens if an old development does have en bloc potential. Owners selling really old units tend to factor this in when selling their units which i thought was quite ridiculous, especially for condos that have been trying to get en bloc for more than a decade to no avail. Greenlodge along Toh Tuck Rd (in a better location than beverly) is one good example. Owners trying for years to sell off to developers but unsuccessful. I once offered to buy a 1700sf unit once at $800000 or 470psf (which was based on last transacted price) but the crazy owner used en bloc potential to jack up the price to 650psf.
    Hi Regulator pal

You have misread my post. En-Block effect means that the old development if En-blocked, the surrounding non enblock entities will appreciate in price, which is brought upon by the new development that comes at a higher price. Kinda like playing catching up effect.

Greenlodge is better location cos even nearer to future mrt and the units are huge too .. what's the price now ? Still asking for 6xx ? I think goodluck garden also asking for that price.