Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: King Albert Park Condominium

Default King Albert Park Condominium

Hi,

I would like to know more about this place.
    Anyone has any comments on King Albert Park ? This condo is close to 10 yr old and sellers are still asking for high 9xx to 1000 psqft. Is it worth this much?

Any comments are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sallytan
    Hi,

Anyone has any comments on King Albert Park ? This condo is close to 10 yr old and sellers are still asking for high 9xx to 1000 psqft. Is it worth this much?

If you are looking for investment, it is better to buy brand new projects. In 2-3 years time, the market will be flooded with many new projects. As a tenant, one would logically go for newer projects to stay rather than old projects. The same rationale would apply to buying properties- buyers would go for brand new and young projects rather than old run down ones. Just my 2 cents.

Valuer

The name of the condo is "1 King Albert Park"
    How often a condo can just use the address as the "name of the condo"?
    This would tell you there is something special about this address. King Albert Park is a street for about a dozen exquisite good class bungalows and nothing else except of course the "1 Kind Albert PArk" condo.

Hope you get the picture many still consider it cheap at 1000 psf.

Hi,

Hob

Not much to say but nice location. Is this a FH property? If yes, I won't be too worried about the age, as long as it is well maintained. With the high construction costs nowadays, the new developments are bound to cut corners to improve margins. The new developments in the same area (Jardin, Floridian) are 1600psf? Not worth the extra money - save it for early retirement You can easily do up your place nice nice for <100k

Hi,

Unregistered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hob
    Not much to say but nice location. Is this a FH property? If yes, I won't be too worried about the age, as long as it is well maintained. With the high construction costs nowadays, the new developments are bound to cut corners to improve margins. The new developments in the same area (Jardin, Floridian) are 1600psf? Not worth the extra money - save it for early retirement You can easily do up your place nice nice for <100k
    Oh dont worry all these will fall toabout 800psf soon.

Ya, I like the location and the English like fountain deco But worry that if I pay 1000 psqft now I would not be able to sell at this price in future if I intend to move again.

Based on the caveat records, 1000psqft is consider high and is almost the price when it first launched. So I am paying that price for something already 10yr old. During the low period in 2004/2005, it can only fetch at 500+ to 600+psqft. I know it is unlikely to go down to that low again, but 800+psqft is more reasonable price. Then I don't have to worry that I am paying too high for a older condo.

It's a FH property but I do not know if is well maintained cause I am not expert in this area. From the outside, it look ok.

analyst

Cool

Ya, I like the location and the English like fountain deco But worry that if I pay 1000 psqft now I would not be able to sell at this price in future if I intend to move again.

Based on the caveat records, 1000psqft is consider high and is almost the price when it first launched. So I am paying that price for something already 10yr old. During the low period in 2004/2005, it can only fetch at 500+ to 600+psqft. I know it is unlikely to go down to that low again, but 800+psqft is more reasonable price. Then I don't have to worry that I am paying too high for a older condo.

It's a FH property but I do not know if is well maintained cause I am not expert in this area. From the outside, it look ok.

I have been to see a condo in that area before. It fronted the road and was VERY nosiy. If you are interested in a unit there, make sure you get one away from the road.

Another problem is for drivers who want to get out onto the main road. It is quite difficult, especially if you try to get to Dunearn Road from there (try yourself in the mornings and evenings). Quite a bad place for jams for vehicles trying to turn into Clementi side as well.

Overall, cited at a hectic and busy place. Needless to say, I did not buy the unit.

On the flip side, the development does look quite cosy, and even has tennis courts for a relatively small development.

But all in all, I decided to go somewhere else.

Valuer

Inflation is with us all the times and that is why you can buy a bungalow with less money than buying a condo at that location 20 yrs ago.

Property market from 90s to 2006 was suffering from deflation and that is why you find it hard to swallow when owners asking the price that they paid for 10yrs ago.

If you think property will resume the inflationary trend in the next 10 years, 1000 psf may not be too expensive afterall.

PasserBy

If the LH Garden Vista can fetch 1200 psf, 1000psf for this FH property is really dirt cheap. You are right about the the launch price for this condo was above 1000psf when condos in the neighbourhood only went for 700 psf. The developer was marketing this as upcale produces and they used expensive materials theoughout the while project. I bet even at 10years old, many fixures will lok better than the almost new project across the road. Frankly, in comparing GV, you have more choices to hit different direction when you come out of the condo.

Like is one thing- ..................................................................................? I dunno but better do a thorough research first.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast