Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Florentine @ Florence Road

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by toad
    hi swan, it think the best selling development in D19 for the 2008 will be stadia, which sold out really fast.... stadia's psf and florentine's psf is very close but florentine although a free hold, it is just next to hdb flats...... not many buyers like that.
    Hi Toad, ya you are right that Stadia sells like hotcakes. Within 2 weeks or so, all units have been snapped up. But in terms of design, it's not as nice as The Florentine. To me, it'll be quite cramp. Also, parking might be a problem again. Maybe different ppl have different views. Stadia has only one block which house about 56 units while The Florentine has 2 blocks which house only 34 units. Both are surface parking. Well, right in front of Stadia, there's a stadium which is accessible to the public. Ppl might come and go and some might even stand outside watching and overlooking your unit where you can't stop them! Also opposite the stadium are the same ... all HDB flats!

worm Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    Hi Toad, ya you are right that Stadia sells like hotcakes. Within 2 weeks or so, all units have been snapped up. But in terms of design, it's not as nice as The Florentine. To me, it'll be quite cramp. Also, parking might be a problem again. Maybe different ppl have different views. Stadia has only one block which house about 56 units while The Florentine has 2 blocks which house only 34 units. Both are surface parking. Well, right in front of Stadia, there's a stadium which is accessible to the public. Ppl might come and go and some might even stand outside watching and overlooking your unit where you can't stop them! Also opposite the stadium are the same ... all HDB flats!
    are u the agent of florentine? seems u know so well

Quote Originally Posted by worm
    are u the agent of florentine? seems u know so well
    Hi Worm, I do wish I were the agent selling The Florentine... But too bad, gotta disappoint you... to be frank, I'm NOT one of them. Well, juz be more observant to the area which you are interested and update yourself by visiting showflats, reading those threads posted in this website and you'll should be quite well informed... comparable to one of those agent... Hee.. hee..

Unsatiable Guest

Where can we find a house in Spore which needs to be in the spotlight and

centre of the universe ? We are a family who enjoys generating attention !

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unsatiable
    Where can we find a house in Spore which needs to be in the spotlight and

centre of the universe ? We are a family who enjoys generating attention !
    The Sail may be your choice

Dear Florentine owners,

For those who want updates/have queries on the development, I propose we establish email contacts to share information. This will also facilitate any future discussion with the developer over any issue of concern. Please drop me a personal mail. Novice and I currently have some latest updates with regards to queries for details on gate access, BBQ pits and swimming pool. We will share it with other Florentine owners.

Currently, have established email contacts with the following owners:
    -Novice
    -Mambo1973

Please do join us.

guess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    The Sail may be your choice
    Hi.. I am a newb here. We are a young couple and we would like to know
    how much usually the maintenance fee for 3 bedroom condo?
    and how much roughly Do i need to pay upfront including stamp duty, agent etc? thks

Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    Well, right in front of Stadia, there's a stadium which is accessible to the public. Ppl might come and go and some might even stand outside watching and overlooking your unit where you can't stop them! Also opposite the stadium are the same ... all HDB flats!
    Are you sure you are not vested? You do know that the entrance of Serangoon Stadium is located quite far from Stadia? So how can anyone "stand outside watching and overlooking" the unit?

And even if they are standing on the track to look, Stadia is located on higher ground and only the corner units nearest the Stadium will be affected.

UnregisteredK Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Are you sure you are not vested? You do know that the entrance of Serangoon Stadium is located quite far from Stadia? So how can anyone "stand outside watching and overlooking" the unit?

And even if they are standing on the track to look, Stadia is located on higher ground and only the corner units nearest the Stadium will be affected.

Yoyo Iridrium,

Why are you so defensive over Stadia? Are you an owner of Stadia? No need get so personal and offended. Dun go ard Flamming...... Hohoho......

Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredK
    Yoyo Iridrium,

Why are you so defensive over Stadia? Are you an owner of Stadia? No need get so personal and offended. Dun go ard Flamming...... Hohoho......
    Nope, I am not defensive or personal or offended. Neither am I going around 'flamming'. I am also not vested in Stadia. I just happened to know the location pretty well.

I am stating the facts which has been distorted by other people.

A lot of people here like to make anonymous yet irresponsible comments.
    Last edited by iridrium; 31-10-08 at 16:33. Reason: Adding one more line

Unregistered123ttt Guest

Nope, I am not defensive or personal or offended. Neither am I going around 'flamming'. I am also not vested in Stadia. I just happened to know the location pretty well.

I am stating the facts which has been distorted by other people.

A lot of people here like to make anonymous yet irresponsible comments.
    There is a need to differentiate between opinion and facts. There is nothing wrong with giving opinion which is the reason for this forum. It is up to other forumers to differentiate between opinion and fact. Mr Iridrium, please dun "Act Smart".

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123ttt
    There is a need to differentiate between opinion and facts. There is nothing wrong with giving opinion which is the reason for this forum. It is up to other forumers to differentiate between opinion and fact. Mr Iridrium, please dun "Act Smart".
    Of course it is up to the forumers to differentiate between opinions and facts.

As a fellow forum visitor,there is nothing wrong to present the fact to others who may be less informed and refute the obviously skewed comments (and obviously having hidden agenda comments).

At least I am not anonymous. You are.

Unregistered99 Guest

Of course it is up to the forumers to differentiate between opinions and facts.

As a fellow forum visitor,there is nothing wrong to present the fact to others who may be less informed and refute the obviously skewed comments (and obviously having hidden agenda comments).

At least I am not anonymous. You are.
    Let me first declare i am vested in a D15 condo. Let me next say i visited both the 2 showrooms of both the Florentine and Stadia.

On the whole and in my own humble opinion, I prefer Florentine. Stadia is located too near the stadium which attracts crowd, and with it noise. Stadia also faces the one of the main road. It may be sold out fast but i think the buyers are mostly the people staying near there so the selling factor was familiarity to them.

Also compare the launch date, Stadia was launched in early 2008 where the news of the sub crime crisis has not reached us whereas Florentine was launched after the crisis broke. So i think the sale was affected.

Unregisteredkk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered99
    Let me first declare i am vested in a D15 condo. Let me next say i visited both the 2 showrooms of both the Florentine and Stadia.

On the whole and in my own humble opinion, I prefer Florentine. Stadia is located too near the stadium which attracts crowd, and with it noise. Stadia also faces the one of the main road. It may be sold out fast but i think the buyers are mostly the people staying near there so the selling factor was familiarity to them.

Also compare the launch date, Stadia was launched in early 2008 where the news of the sub crime crisis has not reached us whereas Florentine was launched after the crisis broke. So i think the sale was affected.

you are wrong about the launch time of Florentine, in fact Florentine was launched earlier than stadia. eveyone has their preference. For me , i prefer stadia, cos it is near to stadium, everybody will know that there is condo .. just like kovan melody.. when there are more ppl walking around, there will be more security.. There must be a reason why florentine has not fully sold but i do not want to comment on that..

Unregistered12345678 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredkk
    you are wrong about the launch time of Florentine, in fact Florentine was launched earlier than stadia. eveyone has their preference. For me , i prefer stadia, cos it is near to stadium, everybody will know that there is condo .. just like kovan melody.. when there are more ppl walking around, there will be more security.. There must be a reason why florentine has not fully sold but i do not want to comment on that..
    Unregistered KK. You are wrong also. Official launch of Florentine was in July 2008 to the general public thus after Stadia. The Private preview and special invitation were before Stadia where I heard all the Penthouses were sold off.

Next it is silly to comment that where there are more pple walking around, there will be more security. Does it mean more Bangla workers walking and drinking beers around the Jurong point area/Woodlands area make it any safer and everyone should thus move there? Security is not measured in this way.

Unregistered99 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredkk
    Yeah.. i means official launched lah... Stadia was "OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED" way in advance than the Florentine...

For you to link "cos it is near stadium"... "everyone will know that there is a condo" is nonsense... why is it near stadium, then everyone will know it is condo... In anycase, you may wish to know Stadia is offically known as "Apartment" and not condo status...

Unregistered123456789 Guest

Default No need to argue

Hello folks,

Actually, there is no need to argue abt whether Florentine is better than Stadia or vice versa. Everyone buys as per their liking. Most imptly is few years down the road, will there be ready buyers when u want to sell it?

I am personally most attracted to the cluster houses development in D19 as it offers one of the lowest psf as compared to other district.

Just looking at the recent Jewel @ Chuan Hoe, only $3XX psf for 999 yrs devt. Definitely a steal! Even the Top Residence or Sovereign @ Simon are at very attractive psf ard $5xxpsf too! These are the more realistic type of psf that D19 can / should fetch. Paying more than $700psf in D19, what can I say? Gd luck! :-)

Agito1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123456789
    Hello folks,

Actually, there is no need to argue abt whether Florentine is better than Stadia or vice versa. Everyone buys as per their liking. Most imptly is few years down the road, will there be ready buyers when u want to sell it?

I am personally most attracted to the cluster houses development in D19 as it offers one of the lowest psf as compared to other district.

Just looking at the recent Jewel @ Chuan Hoe, only $3XX psf for 999 yrs devt. Definitely a steal! Even the Top Residence or Sovereign @ Simon are at very attractive psf ard $5xxpsf too! These are the more realistic type of psf that D19 can / should fetch. Paying more than $700psf in D19, what can I say? Gd luck! :-)
    Well said turtle head! $700psf? You can buy Livia then...jus a few roads away from D19. $3XX psf is realistic? You need to look at the type of property offered. So $3xx means cheap? Nonsense. There are even property going for $2XX in better locations. Wake up your idea and please go and study more before you post such turtish comments. Dun make a fool of yourself.

Hello folks,

Pls compare apple to apple. Jewel @ Chuan Hoe, Top Residence and Soverign @ Simon are all cluster development as compared to Florentine and Stadia which are condo/apartment development.

I find it incredulous that you use them as the basis of your comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Agito1
    Well said turtle head! $700psf? You can buy Livia then...jus a few roads away from D19. $3XX psf is realistic? You need to look at the type of property offered. So $3xx means cheap? Nonsense. There are even property going for $2XX in better locations. Wake up your idea and please go and study more before you post such turtish comments. Dun make a fool of yourself.
    If u dun hv solid facts or hard grounds to debate against other's, pls dun insult others as turtle head cos everyone knows u r the only carrot head here. People are talking abt D19 here. U want to talk abt Livia??? Pls lah...Livia few roads away??? U try walking to Livia from Florentine or Stadia. It definitely won't take u less than 2 hrs. You might as well talk abt JB...$200 psf is possible there...its just a straits river across. Carrot head admit it!

Pls compare apple to apple. Jewel @ Chuan Hoe, Top Residence and Soverign @ Simon are all cluster development as compared to Florentine and Stadia which are condo/apartment development.

I find it incredulous that you use them as the basis of your comparison.
    Yes, u r right, I am comparing jewels to apples and the fact is jewels are more precious but cheaper than apples!!!!!???

Florentine / Stadia ain't no condo status. Apartment status yes. And how is that different from cluster housing? Both hv shared facilities such as swimming pool, gym, playground, BBQ pit. Cluster house offers even more - a personal garage which sits two cars, and a much larger livable area at much lower psf.

Default Why swimming pool only 1.2M deep?

Just want to check around....is there any specific safety ruling that states depth for swimming pools for condo and apartments must ONLY be 1.2metres? Can it be say, 1.3M or 1.5M?

MGYPSTA Guest

You can refer to the BCA website for more info or click the following:

http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2937

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/ehd/applic...immingpool.pdf

Hope this helps!

snob Guest

Yes, u r right, I am comparing jewels to apples and the fact is jewels are more precious but cheaper than apples!!!!!???

Florentine / Stadia ain't no condo status. Apartment status yes. And how is that different from cluster housing? Both hv shared facilities such as swimming pool, gym, playground, BBQ pit. Cluster house offers even more - a personal garage which sits two cars, and a much larger livable area at much lower psf.
    Cluster housing, condo, and apartments are all the same real estate investment vehicle, even though on the surface it may look different.

They are all under STRATA-TITLED PROPERTY.

Means you do not have complete control over your physical property, in terms of facade, etc. You only have control over what goes on IN YOR OWN UNIT. You do not have control over the swimming pool, nor the tennis courts, nor the parking lots.

All strata-titled properties are subject to a maintenance fee and sinking fund.

The ultimate is this: all strata-titled properties are subject to en bloc sales.

Cluster housing may "look" landed, but it is simply an apartment/condo with bigger unit sizes. I'd rather live in a 3000 sq ft skyscraper apartment/condo downtown, than a cluster house somewhere in Yio Chu Kang.

Quote Originally Posted by MGYPSTA
    You can refer to the BCA website for more info or click the following:

http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2937

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/ehd/applic...immingpool.pdf

Hope this helps!
    Thanks a lot! Seems like no much specification on pool depth. Maybe I will drop another email to developer after collating another rounds of queries and requests from Florentine owners.

Looks like no construction going on yet at site....think TOP March 2010 may not be possible. Roxy waiting for construction cost to go down further next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Dear Florentine owners,

For those who want updates/have queries on the development, I propose we establish email contacts to share information. This will also facilitate any future discussion with the developer over any issue of concern. Please drop me a personal mail. Novice and I currently have some latest updates with regards to queries for details on gate access, BBQ pits and swimming pool. We will share it with other Florentine owners. Please do join us.
    -Novice
    -Mambo1973
    -Twinkle

MGYRPSTA Guest

-Novice
    -Mambo1973
    -Twinkle
    You're most welcome, Dark Knight. Do you think they will delay the construction for at least half a year? I am also a Florentine Owner. Can you email me the latest update or discussion, please? My email address is [email protected].

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MGYRPSTA
    You're most welcome, Dark Knight. Do you think they will delay the construction for at least half a year? I am also a Florentine Owner. Can you email me the latest update or discussion, please? My email address is [email protected].

Thanks!
    Allo MGYPRSTA, will forward to you once I get back home.

I would think that the actual construction commencement will be slightly delayed. HSR agents said it will be completed by 2010 March. Not likely as I think that Roxy Homes will most probably do some earnings management as its parent is listed co. It still has "The Marque@Irrawaddy" and "The Medley" to sustain its projected earnings for next financial year....it thus make sense to slightly delay the Florentine so that main bulk of Florentine sales get captured in 2010 instead (using percentage of completion recognition method). And the purchase contract with Roxy gave it the right to deliver TOP only in 2011.

Humble Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snob
    Cluster housing, condo, and apartments are all the same real estate investment vehicle, even though on the surface it may look different.

They are all under STRATA-TITLED PROPERTY.

Means you do not have complete control over your physical property, in terms of facade, etc. You only have control over what goes on IN YOR OWN UNIT. You do not have control over the swimming pool, nor the tennis courts, nor the parking lots.

All strata-titled properties are subject to a maintenance fee and sinking fund.

The ultimate is this: all strata-titled properties are subject to en bloc sales.

Cluster housing may "look" landed, but it is simply an apartment/condo with bigger unit sizes. I'd rather live in a 3000 sq ft skyscraper apartment/condo downtown, than a cluster house somewhere in Yio Chu Kang.
    From your last sentence, u are either truly a Snob or a Dreamer. Who dun like to stay in a 3000 sq ft skyscraper apt/condo downtown vs a cluster hse in D19? Basic common sense will tell u the price difference of the two can easily afford u another 1 or 2 more cluster houses in D19. If I hv the money to afford the 3000 sq ft apt in downtown, I would buy 3 cluster hses in D19, and rent/sell the other 2 or save the money to buy a lambo.

Dear Florentine owners,

For those who want updates/have queries on the development, I propose we establish email contacts to share information. This will also facilitate any future discussion with the developer over any issue of concern. Please drop me a personal mail. Novice and I currently have some latest updates with regards to queries for details on gate access, BBQ pits and swimming pool. We will share it with other Florentine owners.

Please do join us.
    -Novice
    -Mambo1973
    -Twinkle
    -MGYRPSTA