Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Florentine @ Florence Road

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Heard from the agent that they managed to sell off another 5 units over the recent weekend...which means only left around 7 units out of a total of 34. The high price is partly because of it being freehold.

Small and cosy ambienece....which maybe the reason why many people bought it. Good or not so good maybe subjective. A walk down Florence road and pass Simon Lane will bring you to Punggol Nasi Lemak. The Bai Jia Chinese restaurant also serve good cusine. Also got Selegie Beancurd. And near Hougang Ave 2 main road and bus stop....so think better than Fountain Parry. Else one family may need to own 2 cars as not convenient.
    Wow! u seems to be very familiar with that place. By the way, from what I understand, The Florentine is not Freehold. It's 999 LeaseHold. You can say equivalent to Freehold lar. Really hope HSR are able to sell off all the rest of the units fast so that construction can start. Am I right to say that you've got yourself a unit at The Florentine?

Dark Knight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    Wow! u seems to be very familiar with that place. By the way, from what I understand, The Florentine is not Freehold. It's 999 LeaseHold. You can say equivalent to Freehold lar. Really hope HSR are able to sell off all the rest of the units fast so that construction can start. Am I right to say that you've got yourself a unit at The Florentine?
    Hi Novice,

Roxy Homes listed down The Florentine as a Freehold development on eProperty. http://www.redas.com/html/eProperty/...id.asp?no=6291. Anyway, yup, bought a unit there over the weekend after viewing other projects in the area. Design wise, it is definitely better than some of the bigger developments in the neighbourhood.

Well, many of my friends had told me the location and pricing for this project sucks...but my future wife and I think it is good value for money....again, views are subjective. Construction cost in the long term will only go up due to rising prices of raw materials and rapid building work in China and India. Just back from Chennai and revised budget contract for company facilities work due to rocketing steel prices.

Are you also a owner of The Florentine? Buying for investment or own stay?

Hi Novice,

Roxy Homes listed down The Florentine as a Freehold development on eProperty. http://www.redas.com/html/eProperty/resid/sale_resid.asp?no=6291. Anyway, yup, bought a unit there over the weekend after viewing other projects in the area. Design wise, it is definitely better than some of the bigger developments in the neighbourhood.

Well, many of my friends had told me the location and pricing for this project sucks...but my future wife and I think it is good value for money....again, views are subjective. Construction cost in the long term will only go up due to rising prices of raw materials and rapid building work in China and India. Just back from Chennai and revised budget contract for company facilities work due to rocketing steel prices.

Are you also a owner of The Florentine? Buying for investment or own stay?
    Hi Dark Knight, congrates for getting a unit. Yup. Have got a unit too. Still not sure whether to stay or invest. Will see how the situation goes...

Mambo1973 Guest

Default The Florentine

Hi Novice, Dark Knight & ET,

Congratulations and guess we can have a welcome party when we got our keys to The Florentine by 2011. Same as Dark Knight, me and my wife loved it when we first saw Florentine, an exclusive & boutique type of condo, where we can find peace and quite after a stress day at work. Another beauty is definitely able to know most of our neighbors and get together.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo1973
    Hi Novice, Dark Knight & ET,

Congratulations and guess we can have a welcome party when we got our keys to The Florentine by 2011. Same as Dark Knight, me and my wife loved it when we first saw Florentine, an exclusive & boutique type of condo, where we can find peace and quite after a stress day at work. Another beauty is definitely able to know most of our neighbors and get together.

Cheers!
    Hi Mambo1973, congrates to you too. Heard from the HSR Agent that we might get the keys as early as March 2010 which is about 1 year plus from now... Hope we are able to keep in touch and get to know each other more even well before we start shifting in...

Dark Knight Guest

Hi Mambo1973, congrats to you too. Heard from the HSR Agent that we might get the keys as early as March 2010 which is about 1 year plus from now... Hope we are able to keep in touch and get to know each other more even well before we start shifting in...
    Hi Mambo1973 and Novice, congrats to both of you for being the new owners of your units at Florentine. So it looks like the HSR agents not bluffing when they said many units were sold off within 2 weeks.

Do you guys happen to know what will be the ground floors for the different "stacks" used for? I counted only 2 units of ground floor level at stack 7 and 8. The rest seems to be empty.

Wow Guest

Default Florentine penthouse sub-sale

Dear all,

I have a florentine penthouse (1787sqft) for subsale. Going for 1.28mil neg which is relatively cheap (717 psf) compare to other development in D19. If interested, please give me a call @ 91138455. We can discuss from there.

Hi Mambo1973 and Novice, congrats to both of you for being the new owners of your units at Florentine. So it looks like the HSR agents not bluffing when they said many units were sold off within 2 weeks.

Do you guys happen to know what will be the ground floors for the different "stacks" used for? I counted only 2 units of ground floor level at stack 7 and 8. The rest seems to be empty.
    Hi Dark Knight, if I remembered correctly, the rest should be for car parks as The Florentine is surfaced parking. Also, not forgetting the gym which will occupy certain floor area.

Dark Knight Guest

Hi Dark Knight, if I remembered correctly, the rest should be for car parks as The Florentine is surfaced parking. Also, not forgetting the gym which will occupy certain floor area.
    Hi Novice, thanks a lot.

Hmmmm.....someone selling away Florentine Penthouse unit even before construction....naughty naughty.

Kudos Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ET
    The prices range from 820-880psf. Penthouse priced very attractively at even 649psf in the listing I saw from the marketing agent HSR but as of last Sunday, all snapped up on Saturday launch.

Bought a 1184 sqft unit pool view at 840psf. Like the Master Bed room a lot with Bay windows and "L" shape design such that when you walk in through the door, one don't get to see the bed. Balcony stretched across living room to the other 2 bedrooms. Stamp duties waived by developer Roxy homes.
    Kudos to u bro, for the same amt of money, I bgt a penthse in D15 and bigger size.

The Dark Knight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos
    Kudos to u bro, for the same amt of money, I bgt a penthse in D15 and bigger size.
    Hi Kudos, District 15 you are referring to Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu? If Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu, then congrats to you as it is really a bargain but I doubt it. Marine Parade freehold properties you cannot get a $1Mil Penthouse...you must be dreaming...unless the previous owner owe money to loan sharks and have to liquidate assets thus sell off at low prices.

Bigger and cheapo do not mean better. For a mere $650K, I can even show you how to get a bigger and some more landed property. So which property and area you got it? Anyway, you can post up your bargain purchase in district 15 discussion thread. Talk is cheap.

Kudos Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
    Hi Kudos, District 15 you are referring to Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu? If Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu, then congrats to you as it is really a bargain but I doubt it. Marine Parade freehold properties you cannot get a $1Mil Penthouse...you must be dreaming...unless the previous owner owe money to loan sharks and have to liquidate assets thus sell off at low prices.

Bigger and cheapo do not mean better. For a mere $650K, I can even show you how to get a bigger and some more landed property. So which property and area you got it? Anyway, you can post up your bargain purchase in district 15 discussion thread. Talk is cheap.
    Hi Dark Knight, I treat this as an indirect compliment cos the truth speaks for itself if u just bother to look at the caveat lodge...and to disappoint u, mine is new and yet to TOP. I also know $650K can buy a piece of land but qns is where and how old is the hse? I can also tell u for less than $1M, one can buy a landed refurbished landed hse in paya lebar. One just hv to be diligent to hunt around. No free lunches especially nowadays where rice price is 40% higher.

Dark Knight Guest

Hi Dark Knight, I treat this as an indirect compliment cos the truth speaks for itself if u just bother to look at the caveat lodge...and to disappoint u, mine is new and yet to TOP. I also know $650K can buy a piece of land but qns is where and how old is the hse? I can also tell u for less than $1M, one can buy a landed refurbished landed hse in paya lebar. One just hv to be diligent to hunt around. No free lunches especially nowadays where rice price is 40% higher.
    Just wondering why you even bother to post in this topic. Show off your no free lunch theory and to impress us that you got a cheapo condo? And we still don't know which property you referring to after your property Guru speech.....haha.

And please don't bother to post whatever project you purchased, not interested to know. This is a discussion thread for North East projects.

Kudos Guest

Just wondering why you even bother to post in this topic. Show off your no free lunch theory and to impress us that you got a cheapo condo? And we still don't know which property you referring to after your property Guru speech.....haha.

And please don't bother to post whatever project you purchased, not interested to know. This is a discussion thread for North East projects.
    Well, I jus dun see why NE projects should fetch that kinda psf although I currently stay in NE and have been here for more than 20 yrs. Is there a restriction that one cannot post in NE projects if he bgt a unit in other district? Do you own the webbie, Batman? Or are you the joker in disguise?

As I said, kudos to u if u bgt a unit here cos there are better ways to spend money and I know it hurts deep inside u of being crowned as the robert head.

Cool

Well, I jus dun see why NE projects should fetch that kinda psf although I currently stay in NE and have been here for more than 20 yrs. Is there a restriction that one cannot post in NE projects if he bgt a unit in other district? Do you own the webbie, Batman? Or are you the joker in disguise?

As I said, kudos to u if u bgt a unit here cos there are better ways to spend money and I know it hurts deep inside u of being crowned as the robert head.
    Hi Dark Knight and Kudos,

Congratulations to u, Kudos, for getting a bigger unit at a cheaper rate elsewhere. Of course, with that kind of $$, we can hunt around to get a better unit but sometimes, it's juz the sentiments and the first sight which we don't mind to part with our $$ to get what we want. We have no regrets in getting our unit so far, agree, Dark Knight?

All I can say is different people got different preferences and perception. Just imagine, recently, there's someone paying almost $700k for a four room HDB flat at Queensway or something... Do you think HDB will fetch so high a price??? Other than this, people are paying $690k for a "Condo-like" HDB flat situated at AMK St 52 which wasn't a stone throw away from the AMK Hub nor is it near MRT! "Condo-like" u know, it's not even a Condo! No security guard, no private car park and worst, the so-call roof park - thought there's some privacy but can also be accessible to the public! So, everybody got their own preference, people juz don't mind about the kind of price they are paying! Maybe they juz like it and buy it for stay? Not like you, should I say, buy and flip...

Dark Knight Guest

Hi Dark Knight and Kudos,

Congratulations to u, Kudos, for getting a bigger unit at a cheaper rate elsewhere. Of course, with that kind of $$, we can hunt around to get a better unit but sometimes, it's juz the sentiments and the first sight which we don't mind to part with our $$ to get what we want. We have no regrets in getting our unit so far, agree, Dark Knight?

All I can say is different people got different preferences and perception. Just imagine, recently, there's someone paying almost $700k for a four room HDB flat at Queensway or something... Do you think HDB will fetch so high a price??? Other than this, people are paying $690k for a "Condo-like" HDB flat situated at AMK St 52 which wasn't a stone throw away from the AMK Hub nor is it near MRT! "Condo-like" u know, it's not even a Condo! No security guard, no private car park and worst, the so-call roof park - thought there's some privacy but can also be accessible to the public! So, everybody got their own preference, people juz don't mind about the kind of price they are paying! Maybe they juz like it and buy it for stay? Not like you, should I say, buy and flip...
    Hi Novice, good to see you drop in. Just ignore the distraction from The Kudos (maybe that is the property name he bought?). Met a lot of such smart Alec in my working life going around telling people that he got a better deal and such person also normally suffer from fundamental attribution error personality. Anyway, they thrive on attention, so dun entertain him too much. Let the rabbie dog go barking non-stop bah.

Happy that bought the Florentine. I still think it is a good deal in view of the new projects in NE area. Have you been to Cecil street already to settle the admin part?

Hi Novice, good to see you drop in. Just ignore the distraction from The Kudos (maybe that is the property name he bought?). Met a lot of such smart Alec in my working life going around telling people that he got a better deal and such person also normally suffer from fundamental attribution error personality. Anyway, they thrive on attention, so dun entertain him too much. Let the rabbie dog go barking non-stop bah.

Happy that bought the Florentine. I still think it is a good deal in view of the new projects in NE area. Have you been to Cecil street already to settle the admin part?
    Hi Dark Knight, great to hear from you. Yup, have settled the admin stuff. What about you? Is your lawyer same as mine, Mr. Tan Chuan Yong oso?

Well, whether The Florentine is a good deal or not, I'm not really sure and also doesn't really matters. I believe we have done our homework on Property searching, thus ending up, The Florentine is the best buy to us. As I have always tell my wife... since we already buy it, it's definitely something which we feel we like it in terms of design, funishings, space, locality, etc. Nobody can predict how the property market will go, even if it falls, then be it lor. What can we do, since we've already bought it, right? So long as we are not that hard up for $$$, wanting eargerly to flip the property. Or what people say, "holding power". It should be fine.... agree? Maybe we should talk more via Email? You can always Email me at [email protected]

Wolverine Guest

Been the showflat....interior furnishing is lousy other than the marble flooring in the living hall. The laminates used for all the carpentry work looks really cheapo. The kitchen su*ks IMHO. Wasted space on the balcony. If one of the bedrm hasn't been hacked, the living hall looks real cramped. So ended up function like a 2 bdroom instead of 3. The back was surrounded by HDB flat.

I was quoted $800+ psf for a 3 bdrm like someone mentioned it before. Conclusion: I think there are better choices in the same area. Maybe add a bit more to buy Charlton Villas or Top Residence - Cluster Terrace 2700 sq ft which is more worth the $$$!!!

Anyway, gd luck to the owners. Cherish your new home, stay as long as u want, cos chances of letting go next time at higher prices looks unpromising.

The Dark Knight Guest

Hi Novice,

Oh ya, same. Tan Chuan Yong. haha...drop U a mail this weekend bah. And yup....my future wife and I also love the Florentine a lot a lot. Beautiful place and quiet neighbourhood.....except for occasional rabies dog barking outside maybe?

Winner Guest

Talking Great place.

Hi Dark Knight n Novice,I went to the Florentine showroom.My wife loves the place esp the spacious balcony that leads to the 2 common bdrooms.What a unique design.Also,heard that buyers hv the option to convert the master bdroom bathtub to a shower room.Overall,its a nice place....

The Dark Knight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Winner
    Hi Dark Knight n Novice,I went to the Florentine showroom.My wife loves the place esp the spacious balcony that leads to the 2 common bdrooms.What a unique design.Also,heard that buyers hv the option to convert the master bdroom bathtub to a shower room.Overall,its a nice place....
    Hi Winner,

Nice to see you dropping by in this thread. the design for Florentine units is indeed special. Are you and your wife looking around and going to purchase a property in the North East area?

Winner Guest

Yes, we are.Congrate to you for purchasing a 3 bed room at The Florentine.Its indeed very exclusive.Heard that during the pre-launched,all the ground and top-floor units had been snapped up.Impressiveee.

Wow Guest

Dear all,

I have a florentine penthouse (1787sqft) for subsale. Going for 1.28mil neg which is relatively cheap (717 psf) compare to other development in D19. If interested, please give me a call @ 91138455. We can discuss from there.

Unregistered6877 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine
    Been the showflat....interior furnishing is lousy other than the marble flooring in the living hall. The laminates used for all the carpentry work looks really cheapo. The kitchen su*ks IMHO. Wasted space on the balcony. If one of the bedrm hasn't been hacked, the living hall looks real cramped. So ended up function like a 2 bdroom instead of 3. The back was surrounded by HDB flat.

I was quoted $800+ psf for a 3 bdrm like someone mentioned it before. Conclusion: I think there are better choices in the same area. Maybe add a bit more to buy Charlton Villas or Top Residence - Cluster Terrace 2700 sq ft which is more worth the $$$!!!

Anyway, gd luck to the owners. Cherish your new home, stay as long as u want, cos chances of letting go next time at higher prices looks unpromising.

Been there, seen there, felt there. Agreed with u 100%!

Decor Guest

Default Not too bad actually.

Liked this development tremendously-Awesome. The large balcony which spreads across the living room and bedrooms is simply awesome and offer a refreshing feel for residents in the unit. For those that think planters and balcony are a waste of space, then this is not for you. Wanted to buy three bedroom unit facing pool but was told by Agent that left second floor only which comes with an Open Terrace outside the Master bedroom. However, just don't like Master with no Bay Window and too near ground floor for second floor units.

Overall a decent home. Those who bought early and cherry picked probably got the best units and deal. The sales of so many units within such short moments since official launch is amazing.

Mambo1973 Guest

Default The Florentine

Hi Novice, DK,

Don't bother what the rest commented on Florentine, as long as we love this place, it will be worth it as we are paying for what we love, right? Especially so to me and my wife, we fall in love with this place not only because of it is exclusive but also the road name, Florence Road, because my wife is named Florence! Haha... this give my wife a very good reason to buy this property and no one can dispute this... hahaha.

One very interesting thing to share with both of you (don't know whether both of you know about it), the toilet bowls are anti-slam which is rather cool to us... hahaha. For us, we have converted the masterbed room long bath into a standing shower cos my wife don't like to have long bath....

Both of us can't wait to collect our keys to our unit! Cheers!

Default Hello,

Hi guys,I have a unit too.Love the extended balcony all the way to the other bed rooms.Walking distance to maka places like Nasi Lemark and porridge joints.
    As for the furnishings,its up to std to me ,unless you want gold furnishings.Simly love this place.

Mambo1973 Guest

Default Get Together

Let's all the new owners of Florentine in this forum find a time to get together - and chat. It will be a good start to establish our friendships in order to eliminate disputes 15 years later when the en-bloc sales occur...kekekeke..

But seriously, we should meet up one day!

Unregistere Guest

May I know do they have 2 bed room?? Staying alone so looking for something small.

Smile Hi,

Yes,they do have 2 bed rooms ,also 2+1 bed rooms.For the 2 bed rooms,its balcony streches from the living room all the way to just 1 of the common room, unlike the 3 bed rooms where it extends to 2 common rooms. It faces the pool as well.But not sure if theres any 2 bed rooms left.You can check it out at the showroom.All the best....