Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 300

Thread: The Florentine @ Florence Road

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default The Florentine @ Florence Road

    Two Apartment blocks housing 34 units of 2 / 2 +1 / 3 / PH with gym, swimming pool, bbq pit and open air car park. TOP : 2010. Located at Florence Road, walking distance to Hougang Stadium. Any comment?

  2. #2
    ptyhunter Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    Two Apartment blocks housing 34 units of 2 / 2 +1 / 3 / PH with gym, swimming pool, bbq pit and open air car park. TOP : 2010. Located at Florence Road, walking distance to Hougang Stadium. Any comment?
    Do you have a rough price estimation and smallest floor area for a 3 bedded?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptyhunter
    Do you have a rough price estimation and smallest floor area for a 3 bedded?
    The smallest 3 bedder is 1055 sqft. Based on the latest transacted price from URA website, it's selling at S$853k which rounds to about S$809 psf.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    The smallest 3 bedder is 1055 sqft. Based on the latest transacted price from URA website, it's selling at S$853k which rounds to about S$809 psf.
    More can be found here...

    http://www.redas.com.sg/HTML/showcas...facilities.htm

    Comment please....

  5. #5
    Ginger Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    More can be found here...

    http://www.redas.com.sg/HTML/showcas...facilities.htm

    Comment please....
    Hmmm... okie lah... just that the location is quite remote lor...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger
    Hmmm... okie lah... just that the location is quite remote lor...

    I thought it should be better than Fontaine Parry @ Poh Huat Road West and this [email protected] Sandilands which are quite deep right into those Landed areas where you could hardly see the main road not to mention bus-stop?

  7. #7
    registered Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    I thought it should be better than Fontaine Parry @ Poh Huat Road West and this [email protected] Sandilands which are quite deep right into those Landed areas where you could hardly see the main road not to mention bus-stop?
    Yes, compared to Fontaine Perry, Florentine is slightly better. But the prices still don't justify the location.

    Btw, Fontaine seems slightly better in terms of design and layout.

  8. #8
    Mambo1973 Guest

    Default The Florentine

    The Florentine is definitely better than Fountain Parry cos the maintenance fee is lower as the private is taken out of the equations. THe landscape is no doubt very good - but the question remains who has the time to view these landscapes everyday?

    The Florentine is cheaper than Fountain Parry and more accessible in terms of main roads and eatery.

  9. #9
    Icy Pig Guest

    Default Fontaine Vs Florentine

    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo1973
    The Florentine is definitely better than Fountain Parry cos the maintenance fee is lower as the private is taken out of the equations. THe landscape is no doubt very good - but the question remains who has the time to view these landscapes everyday?

    The Florentine is cheaper than Fountain Parry and more accessible in terms of main roads and eatery.
    Agreed with the statement above. Fontaine is quite expensive due to the private lift + the lift eats into areas of the living room. The private lift does not allow for direct access to the facilities - one needs to take the lift all the way down to the basement carpark and walk up to the facilities areas.

    My husband prefers The Florentine better as it is smaller and more exclusive.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Pig
    Agreed with the statement above. Fontaine is quite expensive due to the private lift + the lift eats into areas of the living room. The private lift does not allow for direct access to the facilities - one needs to take the lift all the way down to the basement carpark and walk up to the facilities areas.

    My husband prefers The Florentine better as it is smaller and more exclusive.
    Thanks for highlighting and pointing out their differences.

    I noticed also that The Florentine has a long bath that most apartments and condos nowsaday don't provide. They only give what is call a sunken bath. We feel it's quite dangerous as the floor of this sunken bath is rough and it's a step down from the ground level. However, I'm not really sure how substantial will it be to maintain this long bath...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    Thanks for highlighting and pointing out their differences.

    I noticed also that The Florentine has a long bath that most apartments and condos nowsaday don't provide. They only give what is call a sunken bath. We feel it's quite dangerous as the floor of this sunken bath is rough and it's a step down from the ground level. However, I'm not really sure how substantial will it be to maintain this long bath...
    Ran past Florentine last night. Location-wise, it is definately better and Fontaine Perry, it is located near the junction of Lim Ah Pin and Florence road, a couple of minutes walk from the main road at Hougang Ave 2.

    Although the location seems a tad too close to the HDB flats, which are located just next to the development, hence, losing some of the 'exclusivity feel'.

  12. #12
    rangoon Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Ran past Florentine last night. Location-wise, it is definately better and Fontaine Perry, it is located near the junction of Lim Ah Pin and Florence road, a couple of minutes walk from the main road at Hougang Ave 2.

    Although the location seems a tad too close to the HDB flats, which are located just next to the development, hence, losing some of the 'exclusivity feel'.
    Wait till you see some new property in rangoon rd. and you will appreciate this developement.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rangoon
    Wait till you see some new property in rangoon rd. and you will appreciate this developement.
    New property in Rangoon Road won't be so bad right? You sound as if it's definitely NOT a good buy as compared to The Florentine....

  14. #14
    Not worth it Guest

    Default

    For the high psf and remote area, not worth investing...look elsewhere for greener pastures

  15. #15
    737 Guest

    Default

    maybe better for u to take a look at kovan residences ... a project of different class in mass market location at mass market prices ... check it out

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 737
    maybe better for u to take a look at kovan residences ... a project of different class in mass market location at mass market prices ... check it out
    Thanks. But Kovan Residences got too many units (512 units if I'm not wrong!) and it's a leasehold of 99 years while The Florentine only got 34 units and a leasehold of 999 years, almost equivalent to Freehold. Their prices psf is almost comparable. Well, will go down to the showflat of this Kovan Residences to take a look probably this weekend.

  17. #17
    D'pavilion Guest

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    Thanks. But Kovan Residences got too many units (512 units if I'm not wrong!) and it's a leasehold of 99 years while The Florentine only got 34 units and a leasehold of 999 years, almost equivalent to Freehold. Their prices psf is almost comparable. Well, will go down to the showflat of this Kovan Residences to take a look probably this weekend.
    Check out D'Pavilion..FH and near Kovan MRT.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 737
    maybe better for u to take a look at kovan residences ... a project of different class in mass market location at mass market prices ... check it out
    Mass market prices??? $850psf- $900psf is mass market prices???

    Think D'Pavillion is a better buy. It is freehold too.

  19. #19
    Unregistered2 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Mass market prices??? $850psf- $900psf is mass market prices???

    Think D'Pavillion is a better buy. It is freehold too.
    anyone has details about D'Pavilion? any thread on it?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    anyone has details about D'Pavilion? any thread on it?
    Visited the showflat for D'Pavillion. They run out of catalogs. Agent is the same as The Florentine... by HSR. Price is a bit high... > S$950 psf. 2 blocks of apartment housing 50 units in total. Agent said that the finishing is good and can compare to those of The Florentine. The layout is great as the developer did use their brain in defining the layout. As for price, it'll be better to consider The Florentine as they still have not official launch it yet. The Florentine is building their showflat now and once it's done and launched officially, the selling price will definitely goes up... Dunno if I should take his words and go for The Florentine... Any advise? Thanks.

  21. #21
    No lah Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    Visited the showflat for D'Pavillion. They run out of catalogs. Agent is the same as The Florentine... by HSR. Price is a bit high... > S$950 psf. 2 blocks of apartment housing 50 units in total. Agent said that the finishing is good and can compare to those of The Florentine. The layout is great as the developer did use their brain in defining the layout. As for price, it'll be better to consider The Florentine as they still have not official launch it yet. The Florentine is building their showflat now and once it's done and launched officially, the selling price will definitely goes up... Dunno if I should take his words and go for The Florentine... Any advise? Thanks.
    If i were you, I would skip Kovan area....if u drive, the stretch of roads jams every evening...and would be worsen once all these new developments brings in new blood of residents....unless u take MRT, then can still consider

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    The Florentine launching this weekend, 19/7 (Sat). Heard from HSR that it is the cheapest in D19 with Leasehold of 999years - almost equivalent to FreeHold. T.O.P somewhere in March 2010. Average selling price is S$700 psf.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    The Florentine launching this weekend, 19/7 (Sat). Heard from HSR that it is the cheapest in D19 with Leasehold of 999years - almost equivalent to FreeHold. T.O.P somewhere in March 2010. Average selling price is S$700 psf.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ptyhunter
    Do you have a rough price estimation and smallest floor area for a 3 bedded?


    [quote=Novice]The smallest 3 bedder is 1055 sqft. Based on the latest transacted price from URA website, it's selling at S$853k which rounds to about S$809 psf.

    I thought in your previous posting the URA transacted price is around S$809. Is there a price adjustment now? Or the $700psf is meant for a huge Penthouse? Thanks

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    [QUOTE=propertyinvestor]Quote:
    Originally Posted by ptyhunter
    Do you have a rough price estimation and smallest floor area for a 3 bedded?


    Quote Originally Posted by Novice
    The smallest 3 bedder is 1055 sqft. Based on the latest transacted price from URA website, it's selling at S$853k which rounds to about S$809 psf.

    I thought in your previous posting the URA transacted price is around S$809. Is there a price adjustment now? Or the $700psf is meant for a huge Penthouse? Thanks
    U ask me? How I know?? I'm not the agent who is managing The Florentine neither am I the developer! The quoted price are from URA website. U can always verify it from there. As for the $700 psf, I only receive the news from the agent yesterday. I also dunno is it for Penthouse of what.... maybe you can go down to their showflat to verify and enlighten me?

  25. #25
    Unregistered11 Guest

    Default

    anyone visited the showflat last weekend? kind to share the latest pricing?

  26. #26
    ET Guest

    Default Florentine

    The prices range from 820-880psf. Penthouse priced very attractively at even 649psf in the listing I saw from the marketing agent HSR but as of last Sunday, all snapped up on Saturday launch.

    Bought a 1184 sqft unit pool view at 840psf. Like the Master Bed room a lot with Bay windows and "L" shape design such that when you walk in through the door, one don't get to see the bed. Balcony stretched across living room to the other 2 bedrooms. Stamp duties waived by developer Roxy homes.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ET
    The prices range from 820-880psf. Penthouse priced very attractively at even 649psf in the listing I saw from the marketing agent HSR but as of last Sunday, all snapped up on Saturday launch.

    Bought a 1184 sqft unit pool view at 840psf. Like the Master Bed room a lot with Bay windows and "L" shape design such that when you walk in through the door, one don't get to see the bed. Balcony stretched across living room to the other 2 bedrooms. Stamp duties waived by developer Roxy homes.
    Many congrates in getting a unit. Heard that the sales are quite good. As of Wednesday, 23/07, a total of about 22 units out of the 34 units have been snapped up. Saw the full page advertisement again today, wonder how's the sales like...

    Really fancy the unique boutique living unlike those huge condo projects which seems like a mini HDB! With its small number of cosy occupants (only 34 units) and its near to main road, Hougang Ave 2 where across the road, you'll find stadium and swimming pools not forgetting the 4D booth.

  28. #28
    Flowers Guest

    Default

    Does Florentine means the developer going to plant lots of flowers around this project?

    Anyway, does anyone know what is the difference between a Condo and an Apartment? Florentine is defined as apartment. So can it be sold to foreigners?

    And how's the sales right now? $800 plus psf for District 19 freehold....is it overvalued?

  29. #29
    Unregister Guest

    Default

    Apartments are smaller developments and do not have full condo facilities such as tennis court, swimming pool, gym, playground, BBQ pit etc etc. An apartment may only have couple of the mentioned facilities at most.

    Apartments are usually lower in psf when compared to a similar age condo in the same neighbourhood.

    private apartments like private condo allows foreign ownership but not entire development can be owned by foreigners. At least 1 unit got to be owned by a local.

    new projects in D19 like Kovan Residences are already more than 800 psf. with inflation, high land cost, high construction cost, etc, how low can the developers go?

    personally, I will not buy as I neither find the price nor the location of this project attractive.



    Quote Originally Posted by Flowers
    Does Florentine means the developer going to plant lots of flowers around this project?

    Anyway, does anyone know what is the difference between a Condo and an Apartment? Florentine is defined as apartment. So can it be sold to foreigners?

    And how's the sales right now? $800 plus psf for District 19 freehold....is it overvalued?

  30. #30
    Dark Knight Guest

    Default

    Heard from the agent that they managed to sell off another 5 units over the recent weekend...which means only left around 7 units out of a total of 34. The high price is partly because of it being freehold.

    Small and cosy ambienece....which maybe the reason why many people bought it. Good or not so good maybe subjective. A walk down Florence road and pass Simon Lane will bring you to Punggol Nasi Lemak. The Bai Jia Chinese restaurant also serve good cusine. Also got Selegie Beancurd. And near Hougang Ave 2 main road and bus stop....so think better than Fountain Parry. Else one family may need to own 2 cars as not convenient.

Similar Threads

  1. The Florence Residences S$842 psf ppr
    By Arcachon in forum North East
    Replies: 26
    -: 23-03-20, 22:29
  2. Florence Residences
    By DuchnessDuck in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 8
    -: 11-05-19, 22:54
  3. The Florence Residences
    By DuchnessDuck in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 1
    -: 21-01-19, 09:28
  4. Florence Residences (former Florence Regency)
    By SGPropertySales in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    -: 30-12-18, 22:29
  5. Fiorenza at Florence Road by Koh Brothers
    By Kenshinto80 in forum North East
    Replies: 33
    -: 03-06-09, 19:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •