Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 491419202122232425262728293439444954 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

CloverWalker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bus
    We are one of clover buyers, but don't worry for us, we are not that gullible. It is a close to $1 million decision, it will be silly to make decision just based on the nice thing the agent says.

Before we sign on the dotted line, we 'test out' the traveling distance by walking from mrt station to clover and taking bus ride back to the station. Walking is about 15 minutes, whereas the bus ride is about 5 minutes. The waiting time isn't that bad since there are 4 to 5 bus services to the train station.

True that it isn't a stone throw away from the train station, however, the units size is good for family and location is good too - being next to the park, opposite from shopping mall with markets, clinic and coffee shops, yet relatively quiet, since it is away from hustle and bustle of the main Bishan road where MRT and junction 8 is. All these factors outweigh the fact that it is away from MRT station, therefore, we make the decision to buy a unit there.

Anyway, to each his/her own. To some buyers, walking distance to mrt is number 1 criteria when choosing a home, followed by close to amenity, size of the unit....To some others, distance to mrt may be number 2 or 3 criteria etc.
    For me, I also bought a unit because the project is next to a big park and near to market, coffee shops. I also like the fact it is not near to MRT, I like walking (we near exercise anyway)....

Unregistered MRT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CloverWalker
    For me, I also bought a unit because the project is next to a big park and near to market, coffee shops. I also like the fact it is not near to MRT, I like walking (we near exercise anyway)....
    Totally agree,my previous house is very near to MRT.While I'm selling my house,some buyer passing the remark that the MRT is too noise while passing by.Sometime I just don't they want.

Unregistered MRT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CloverWalker
    Totally agree,my previous house is very near to MRT.While I'm selling my house,some buyer passing the remark that the MRT is too noisy while passing by.Sometime I just don't know what they want.

growing up Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bus
    We are one of clover buyers, but don't worry for us, we are not that gullible. It is a close to $1 million decision, it will be silly to make decision just based on the nice thing the agent says.

Before we sign on the dotted line, we 'test out' the traveling distance by walking from mrt station to clover and taking bus ride back to the station. Walking is about 15 minutes, whereas the bus ride is about 5 minutes. The waiting time isn't that bad since there are 4 to 5 bus services to the train station.

True that it isn't a stone throw away from the train station, however, the units size is good for family and location is good too - being next to the park, opposite from shopping mall with markets, clinic and coffee shops, yet relatively quiet, since it is away from hustle and bustle of the main Bishan road where MRT and junction 8 is. All these factors outweigh the fact that it is away from MRT station, therefore, we make the decision to buy a unit there.

Anyway, to each his/her own. To some buyers, walking distance to mrt is number 1 criteria when choosing a home, followed by close to amenity, size of the unit....To some others, distance to mrt may be number 2 or 3 criteria etc.
    We took 10 mins to walk from MRT to Clover.
    Close to MRT had been our 1st criteria when the children were younger.
    As they grew, we changed with time. Coffeeshop, market place, park, view overtook. "Able to walk distance" to Mrt is also appreciated.
    With that.... we are a Clover owner now.

odd demarcation Guest

can someone explain to me why bishan is regarded as central region according to the new masterplan 2008. if you look carefully at the demarcation, bishan seems to jut out in one corner very oddly from other other central regions.

SaleClover Guest

Saw someone putting up ads in the ST selling stack 15 (1249 sqft) above 25 storey for sale today.
    Wonder it would have any interest.

Durian 88 Guest

Just noticed that the balcony for 2 different units on the same floor directly next to each other. A bit too close for comfort and lacks privacy. Didn't notice it in showflat as oni shows one unit at a time.

Unregistered99 Guest

its just one neighbour... so better be good to each other...

Reaming Saviour Guest

Did you notice some of the female agents tend to wear very shirt skirts or leave the first button of their blouse unbutton?

Even if I decide not to buy, I will still want to go back and browse!

KK1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reaming Saviour
    Did you notice some of the female agents tend to wear very shirt skirts or leave the first button of their blouse unbutton?

Even if I decide not to buy, I will still want to go back and browse!
    This is because it is very tight....hard to breathe.....haha.

URA Guest

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Clover By The Park . RCR ....... 4 ................................ 828 ................ 765 .............. 699

暗地 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Clover By The Park . RCR ....... 4 ................................ 828 ................ 765 .............. 699
    Hello URA, how many carpark lots are there in Clover? Enough for visitor?

hdb condo Guest

hdb left hdb right mrt far n full of hdb upgraders. Crappy dev

good Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hdb condo
    hdb left hdb right mrt far n full of hdb upgraders. Crappy dev
    "HDB" That's the beauty of singapore. Trademark of sunny-island.

Unregistered232322 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by good
    "HDB" That's the beauty of singapore. Trademark of sunny-island.
    Then might as well buy HDB, why pay more to stay in the midst of HDBs?

hdb condo Guest

might as well buy bishan hdb if want to be squeezed among hdbs. i got nothing against hdbs, just that condos should offer exclusive private living away from public housing....i think the area should be designated for hdb flats as a condo smacked in the middle of hdbs just makes it look odd.....just my take...

good Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered232322
    Presumed you are a local. Being a new PR, we purchased our first condo in dist.2 which was highly recommend by our local friends and relatives. Soon we realised the inconvenience of getting our daily needs and ......etc. We purchased our 2nd condo in the midst of HDBs. No regret ever since....The answer to your question "why pay more to stay in the midst of HDBs" is the sense of security. We feel safe when the kids walk home from MRT as the
    journey is never alone and quiet. Never too late helping to pick-up one or two items from the grocers who work till late hour. Able to leave the doors opened without fear. Free parking and much more..............Now the 3rd. condo ......and we know it's a right decision. Should we have the 4th in near future, the same decision stick on. In our dictionary HDB means good.

good Guest

might as well buy bishan hdb if want to be squeezed among hdbs. i got nothing against hdbs, just that condos should offer exclusive private living away from public housing....i think the area should be designated for hdb flats as a condo smacked in the middle of hdbs just makes it look odd.....just my take...
    Blend in and you will know the beauty.

hdb condo Guest

as mentned, nothng against hdbs. Why dont u stay in hdb then if u feel hdb provides security? I thk u do nt read the papers enuf to knw that most crime take place in hdb estates and foreign workers ply the hdb estates at nite.
    Presumed you are a local. Being a new PR, we purchased our first condo in dist.2 which was highly recommend by our local friends and relatives. Soon we realised the inconvenience of getting our daily needs and ......etc. We purchased our 2nd condo in the midst of HDBs. No regret ever since....The answer to your question "why pay more to stay in the midst of HDBs" is the sense of security. We feel safe when the kids walk home from MRT as the
    journey is never alone and quiet. Never too late helping to pick-up one or two items from the grocers who work till late hour. Able to leave the doors opened without fear. Free parking and much more..............Now the 3rd. condo ......and we know it's a right decision. Should we have the 4th in near future, the same decision stick on. In our dictionary HDB means good.

good Guest

as mentned, nothng against hdbs. Why dont u stay in hdb then if u feel hdb provides security? I thk u do nt read the papers enuf to knw that most crime take place in hdb estates and foreign workers ply the hdb estates at nite.
    I mean staying in condo in the midst of hdb. We stayed in Hdb before for the earlier stage. We had enjoyed the stay.

HDB V PRIVATE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered232322
    Those HDB flat at that area that face park don't come cheap either.A 5RM mid floor cost around 550k not to talk about renovation and no facilities
    and by the time when Clover TOP the HDB flat at that area already coming to 19 years old which I think not worth buying.Actually thought of getting a unit there but drop the idea after a few viewing.

hdb Guest

Let take it that the two tower that is going to construct is a 5rm hdb flat come with facilities and private carpark how much you think it worth.Some of the 10years old HDB 5rm in bishan is selling for 600k+

I want best of everything Guest

Talking

anyone know where to find an exclusive condominium development that is not in HDB estate, less than 5 minutes to walk to amenities (supermarkets, school etc), less than 5 minutes walk to mrt station, no worries about CTE jam, travelling time to city less than 15 minutes... and less than $800 per sq ft.

bhbest Guest

beacon heights
    Quote Originally Posted by I want best of everything
    anyone know where to find an exclusive condominium development that is not in HDB estate, less than 5 minutes to walk to amenities (supermarkets, school etc), less than 5 minutes walk to mrt station, no worries about CTE jam, travelling time to city less than 15 minutes... and less than $800 per sq ft.

Unregistered232456 Guest

Singapore no matter where you stay is super safe. If something must happen, it will happen no matter where u stay.

Most folks buy private property cos they want to get out of the image from public estates while you are doing opposite.

Anyway it is your money and u like to spend it to fill your sense of insecurity. We need folks like you to help in economic growth so developers make more bucks and multiplier effect will follow.

what is exclusivity Guest

Unhappy

when u buy a pte property, u want it to be exclusive from HDB, meaning away from hdb flats a comfortable distance away. YOu pay more than $850psf to stay at a place that when you look out of the window, you see hooligans sitting under the hdb void deck speaking vulgar language, see people in hdb flats hanging their wet laundry out to dry or even smell the curry drifting out of the windows of the hdb flats....etc etc. it must be a depressing state of affairs. Moreover, Clover has no nearness to mrt to boast of, only hdb flats around to contend with....(sigh)

Trust me Guest

Staying in the vicinity of a future funeral hub is exclusive what.

Happy Too Ho Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trust me
    Please don't be so mean lah.... this is just a forums for the happy Clover owners.

HAPPY Clover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trust me
    YOU will never know who will end out there first even you stay far away from there.

e

so expensive! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by what is exclusivity
    when u buy a pte property, u want it to be exclusive from HDB, meaning away from hdb flats a comfortable distance away. YOu pay more than $850psf to stay at a place that when you look out of the window, you see hooligans sitting under the hdb void deck speaking vulgar language, see people in hdb flats hanging their wet laundry out to dry or even smell the curry drifting out of the windows of the hdb flats....etc etc. it must be a depressing state of affairs. Moreover, Clover has no nearness to mrt to boast of, only hdb flats around to contend with....(sigh)
    Wow!! you sure it is more than $850 psf.