Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Unregistered101 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOGLE
    Morning sun is worse from my experience. The heat gets trapped in the morning and cannot escape in the afternoon. I've a top floor morning sun condo and feels like oven everyday. My afternoon sun one is better, sun only comes in from 4-5pm and dissipates immediately. Beautiful unblocked view should be more important.
    First time hearing morning sun is worst.....and afternoon sun dissipates after 5pm? reverse logic or u use backside to think??
    Simple minded will rationale that u won't affect by morning sun cos already out for work....and heat will trapped on your house's wall after sunset and u will be at home during that time...oven effect will kick in...come on..its COMMON SENSE..........SIGH....

Scientific Guest

That is not true. Heat dissipates very fast at night. But for morning sun, the heat that is accumulated in the morning cannot dissipate in the afternoon. It remains. The house remains very very hot in the afternoon after the ovening effect in the morning. So the whole day is very hot. Try buying a morning sun unit. It is horrible! Did you fail your science on heat dissipation? It's not common sense. It is real Science!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered101
    First time hearing morning sun is worst.....and afternoon sun dissipates after 5pm? reverse logic or u use backside to think??
    Simple minded will rationale that u won't affect by morning sun cos already out for work....and heat will trapped on your house's wall after sunset and u will be at home during that time...oven effect will kick in...come on..its COMMON SENSE..........SIGH....

Superstitious Clover Guest

From the looks of it, a lot of Clover buyers are HDB upgrader, China PR who are likely to be Taoist and therefore subscribe to superstition. Many of the posts in Clover in particular avoid "4" at all cost. These are the people who cannot sleep well and think some bad things will happen to them if they kena a number 4 in their life - be it handphone number, or the floor or the district no. etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Clover King
    Aiyah....never realise that in the 21st Century still got ppl so pantang one. We are living in an era that is so advance with technology and creativity, why spend so much unnecessary time arguing about what no is auspicious and whats not. The day you are born, your destiny and fate are already pre-destined. If you are meant to be rich, you will naturally be but if you are to suffer in poverty, then so be it. We have to accept lives as it is gifted to us by the good lord upstair. To go thru poverty could be a blessing for your next generation and could also be a test bythe good Lord upstair. Ever heard of the old cliche "taste bitterness before enjoying sweetness".

As long as your conscience are clear and you lead a life that is devoid of evil and harm to others, you will be rewarded in life eventually, if not your next generation will benefit from it. Remember

What yours are yours no matter what you do, whats not yours, no matter how much you force, will never be yours........................Be Happy since all of you already are proud owners of one of the best design and probably amongst the highest apartment in Singapore......Hip Hip Clover

Aiya Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Superstitious Clover
    From the looks of it, a lot of Clover buyers are HDB upgrader, China PR who are likely to be Taoist and therefore subscribe to superstition. Many of the posts in Clover in particular avoid "4" at all cost. These are the people who cannot sleep well and think some bad things will happen to them if they kena a number 4 in their life - be it handphone number, or the floor or the district no. etc..
    Obvious... prob most buyers already stay in Bishan.

Also... most wldn;t be affected by what u say. Cos.. if they're willing to buy to a piece of their home on a ex cementary....why wld they be bothered by it????

CloverBuyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Superstitious Clover
    You can make a survey here, how many are China PR?
    For one, I am not.

Looks like this forum do generate of a number of good discussion. Keep updating.....

China PR Guest

from my agent source.. there were 15 China PR buyers... mostly families..

Superstition Guest

actually, i dont know why the conversation suddenly got off topic on superstition???

The point made was if parkview units were left with just 3rd and 4th floor with both having nice view of the topography... most ppl would have chosen 3rd because its cheaper and some old fashion thinking that 4 is not a good number.

im not saying that ppl will avoid 4 at all cost.....
    its highly undoubtly that if you go on the first day, that if you have a choice to buy from 1st floor up till 8th floor that your first choice would be 4th floor rite?

if you go on second day and just 4th floor parkview left, it would be snapped up just like the whole stack of 14 is gone in a week!

Hi all clover fans,

latest updates on clover!!!
    HOT from the Oven!!!

I've one unit facing bishan park view that has just become avail.
    The unit is abv 30th floor stack 15.
    U can get a very gd reservoir view and unblocked bishan view.

Price is : 1.057 mil.

All units facing Bishan park is sold out!!!
    So don't wait too long...this might most prob be the last unit left...

Call me @ 81835132 for more details.
    Bring cheque, be fast..don't miss out on this choice unit!!!

Wilson Orangetee

Unregistered101 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific
    That is not true. Heat dissipates very fast at night. But for morning sun, the heat that is accumulated in the morning cannot dissipate in the afternoon. It remains. The house remains very very hot in the afternoon after the ovening effect in the morning. So the whole day is very hot. Try buying a morning sun unit. It is horrible! Did you fail your science on heat dissipation? It's not common sense. It is real Science!
    Another uncommon sense talking about science...do u know hot air rises? morning sun effect would be gone by the time u reach home in the evening due to natural convection. Try touching the wall (those facing west) in your house in the evening and u will understand. This is Basic heat transfer theory. Don't think so u can understand....and only a bunch like u would appreciate afternoon sun whereas most of normal human being would try to avoid it....cheers.

i luv colver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elden
    Anyone bought a unit in the stack #05 like we did? We actually preferred block 2 (the block closer to the road), because we didn't want to walk too far a distance to get out of the condo. Plus, while we were there during the 1st launch of block 6, we weren't ready to commit yet at that time.

We only came back early during the second launch to commit and by then most of the best units in block 6 were taken already. The facing was very important to us also.

#05 faces towards the park as well, and it is only partially blocked by block 6. (both blocks are tilted slightly so they are not directly facing one another). We liked #05 because it would get mainly just some of the morning sun (which is fine) and it is shielded from the afternoon/evening sun.
    Hey...we shared the same sentiment....me too on stack 5...cheers

Elden Guest

Doesn't really matter about the morning sun or afternoon sun lah. None of the units face east or west. All of them face either north or south. Its just for the corner units, their master bedroom toilet will get the either morning or afternoon sun.

So, the bathroom acts as a buffer between your master bedroom and the morning/evening sun.

I think in general, they were quite smart about the facing. Both blocks are tiled in such a way that Blk 2 doesn't face Blk 6 directly and still gets a good park view. Plus the angle also ensures that no unit gets hit directly by the morning or afternoon sun! (only the sides get hit, and surely its better that the sides get hit rather than the balcony+bedrooms!)

Elden Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i luv colver
    Hey...we shared the same sentiment....me too on stack 5...cheers
    Hi ^5 !!!

Sunshine is good! Guest

Hey there, neutral person. Think you don't understand previous forummer.

On weekdays
    If you only come home at night. Then it doesn't matter whether morning or afternoon sun. The heat will dissipate at night, exp when your condo has a lot of glass. But for morning sun, it comes in very early at 7am. This means overnight you have to draw the curtains and cannot enjoy the stars. Also, you won't enjoy the few hours of breakfast time in nice scenery because you willl be forced to draw the curtains in the morning. Morning time is usually very nice IMHO.

On weekends
    Assuming if you're at home the whole day, the morning sun is definitely worse, as explained earlier by another forummer. This is because the heat comes in early in the morning and will remain there until late afternoon. This is because the heat in afternoon continues to accumulate and the morning heat cannot escape because temperature still remains high in the day. So from 7am until 6pm, it shall be hot. Tried and tested. On the other hand, if you have an afternoon sun unit, you have the whole of 7am to 3pm that is actually still cooling, and the sun only comes in maybe from 4pm to 6pm, which is only 2 hours of heat. This heat actually goes off very quickly at night, as night time temperature is much lower.

So comparing morning and afternoon sun, I also will go for the latter too. To each his own. It's quite old thinking to be so afraid of the sun though. And if its cheaper it is a bonus. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered101
    Another uncommon sense talking about science...do u know hot air rises? morning sun effect would be gone by the time u reach home in the evening due to natural convection. Try touching the wall (those facing west) in your house in the evening and u will understand. This is Basic heat transfer theory. Don't think so u can understand....and only a bunch like u would appreciate afternoon sun whereas most of normal human being would try to avoid it....cheers.

Doesn't really matter about the morning sun or afternoon sun lah. None of the units face east or west. All of them face either north or south. Its just for the corner units, their master bedroom toilet will get the either morning or afternoon sun.

So, the bathroom acts as a buffer between your master bedroom and the morning/evening sun.

I think in general, they were quite smart about the facing. Both blocks are tiled in such a way that Blk 2 doesn't face Blk 6 directly and still gets a good park view. Plus the angle also ensures that no unit gets hit directly by the morning or afternoon sun! (only the sides get hit, and surely its better that the sides get hit rather than the balcony+bedrooms!)
    The developer very care of feng shu actually! North - south is actually the best position, dont care about afternoon or morning sun!

If your main door is facing the south, then it's the best!

Is those unit facing the park, with the main entrance facing the south position?

main entrance facing south is the best feng sui position.

Elden Guest

Cool! Mine is stack #05, park facing. So my main door faces south!

Unregisteredstack3/4 Guest

hi guys! anyone getting a unit in stack 3 and 4? Any comments on its orientation. Personally I think the morning sun could be block by Block 6 (the one nearer to the park) and also there should be no evening sun.

Curious Guest

Don't you think the swimming pool shared by 616 household is too much??? feel like public pool????

Owner88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Don't you think the swimming pool shared by 616 household is too much??? feel like public pool????
    Yes...... everything need to queue in advance... tennis courts... barbacue pit.

Cannot have cake and eat it at the same time... we are paying quite cheap for the location.

Come to think abt it... will be quite cramp.... 616 x 4 (assuming 4 per household) ~2400.

Assuming 10% swim during weekend.... we are looking ~200 residents !!! at the pool!!!

Curious Guest

wow! the crowd is worse than a public pool,not forgetting that it is smaller! If I use the power of reasoning, it really doesn't make sense to buy a condo at the first place. Spend $$$$$ but get back so little. No offence!

Dun worry Guest

Don't worry. My condo in the central area has 300+ units. The pool always quite empty and at night can have the whole pool by yourself! The facilities are underutlitised. Evening time got ang moh expats just sun tan in their bikinis but they don't usually swim. As for tennis courts, they're even more underutilised.... So as long as your pool is big, it should be okay

Newbie Guest

did you guys do complete finance check first before commiting or just bite the bullet ....??? Newbie in property and view the project ... like it very very much .... simply on everything even neighbourhood. Looking at stack 3 or 4 too, any comments on these 2 stacks? Help !!!!!

Elden Guest

Err, yeah sure have to do finance check mah. If not enough money to buy, how can anyhow just sign the cheque? For me though, yeah it felt a bit like biting the bullet. 4 bedder even at $730 psf adds up to a lot! But still a lot better than the original $790 or $800 psf that we were told about during the pre-launch invitational.

I think #03 or #04 not bad also, is a park view. Plus definitely no morning or afternoon sun cos all blocked by stack #02 and #05.

Lower floor, you will get a better view of the landscape garden, the fountain. Higher floor is better view of the park lor. Then highest floors can see Johor already lol.

Come to think of it , above 33 storeys is really very high up. 100m high! Almost like Bukit Timah hill, lol Ok I check wiki, Bukit TImah Hill is 164m. So, the highest floors will be quite close to that. (assuming the ceiling is 3m high).

hi there, u can talk to any banker to assess ur financial ability to own a unit in clover. the rates are incredibly competitive...esp from hsbc and std chart...
    anyways, between stack 3 and 4...i'll go for stack 3 cuz u get to see a distant park view but also the water features within the condo itself. Stack 4 will be a bit blocked in terms of park view...

Jus my 2 cents worth.
    Any qn with rgds to clover, can email me @ [email protected] =) cheers congrats to all happy clover owners

curious Guest

yes ... discuss with banker too ... but only advise on their package and mthly instal amount. Nothing to simulate together with our financial status like CPF... yeh, a bit too kaisu ... so still comtemplating whether should bite the bullet or not ....sigh.

Anyone knows whether stack 3 low floor still available?

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    hi there, u can talk to any banker to assess ur financial ability to own a unit in clover. the rates are incredibly competitive...esp from hsbc and std chart...
    anyways, between stack 3 and 4...i'll go for stack 3 cuz u get to see a distant park view but also the water features within the condo itself. Stack 4 will be a bit blocked in terms of park view...

Jus my 2 cents worth.
    Any qn with rgds to clover, can email me @ [email protected] =) cheers congrats to all happy clover owners
    normally what is the minimal total income in order to afford one unit at clover? Is $10K+ total monthly income enough?

Elden Guest

10k+ monthly should be fine. Depends on what type of unit you are going for as well. Penthouses and suits are going to be a lot more ex and I wouldn't buy those with a combined 10k+ income.

Actually, a lot depends on you. If you earn 20k, but spend 15k a month, then you won't be able to afford it. The bank agents will tell you how much you need each month in housing instalment payments.

Got different type of plans also. So, you can shop around a bit first before you decide on which bank you want to go with.

Clover is quite affordable though. especially the lower floors which are going for a lower psf. View not as good of course. I wonder what the view from the penthouse would be like. hee. Must be breath taking!

Buyer88 Guest

10k+ monthly should be fine. Depends on what type of unit you are going for as well. Penthouses and suits are going to be a lot more ex and I wouldn't buy those with a combined 10k+ income.

Actually, a lot depends on you. If you earn 20k, but spend 15k a month, then you won't be able to afford it. The bank agents will tell you how much you need each month in housing instalment payments.

Got different type of plans also. So, you can shop around a bit first before you decide on which bank you want to go with.

Clover is quite affordable though. especially the lower floors which are going for a lower psf. View not as good of course. I wonder what the view from the penthouse would be like. hee. Must be breath taking!
    My wife and I combined already more than 20K a month... yet I find it "siong" to service.... for the larger units ...assuming you take a $1m loan... the monthly servicing is almost 4.5K to 5K using cash (since my current property is using CPF), depending on interest rate. Monthly car maintenance will be almost 2.5K considering installment, petrol, ERP, carpark etc. Childcare another 2.5K.

End of the day.... can service... but leaving little for savings.

cheaplah Guest

wow! the crowd is worse than a public pool,not forgetting that it is smaller! If I use the power of reasoning, it really doesn't make sense to buy a condo at the first place. Spend $$$$$ but get back so little. No offence!
    do you know what the maintenance is? my unit is just slightly under 1600sqft and the mainenance is $165 !
    HDB charges $90 for carpark and $67 for conservancy.... so thats $157 without any facilities....

now u get security and pool and gym...
    for a 50m lap pool, i think its ok.... seems quite wide.....
    and landscaping is big so i doubt it will be crowded compared to other mass market projects....

Quote Originally Posted by Buyer88
    My wife and I combined already more than 20K a month... yet I find it "siong" to service.... for the larger units ...assuming you take a $1m loan... the monthly servicing is almost 4.5K to 5K using cash (since my current property is using CPF), depending on interest rate. Monthly car maintenance will be almost 2.5K considering installment, petrol, ERP, carpark etc. Childcare another 2.5K.

End of the day.... can service... but leaving little for savings.
    Wow, $1m loan, that's a lot! Only think to buy a normal 3 bedder, loan of $600k and serve for 20 years!

currently combined income of $10K+, no car and no children yet. monthly saving is more than 65% at the moment.

one more thing, both of us only at the age of 27-28, if after several years more of working, i think we should feel more confortable on the loan.

one more thing, my partner is working in the bank, so got discount for the bank loan interest.